DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Radio Silence
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Wed 18 May 13:53

A week on since the last statement from the club. Nothing on season tickets, the coaching staff, next seasons kit, players retained. Not even a whisper. Is this good enough?

The Prophet - 12/07/18, 13/06/19, 10/07/20
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Radio Silence
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 18 May 13:56

No leaks to the media either which is impressive - or maybe the media aren`t much interested in a League 1 club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 18 May 13:57

no it`s not in my opinion
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 18 May 13:59

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 18 May 13:56

No leaks to the media either which is impressive - or maybe the media aren`t much interested in a League 1 club.

Or you could dress it up by calling us a 3rd division club , one drop to the bottom.

Here was me thinking in 2013 that it would take 10 years to recover
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:03

Have to agree it’s really poor the lack of communication from the club. I think an interview on Pars TV with David Cook would be a good start.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:07

Pretty sure no communication doesn`t mean no action. There will be plenty going on. All will be revealed in due course. What is more important is that for once they make good decisions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:13

Quote:

CrossPar, Wed 18 May 14:07

Pretty sure no communication doesn`t mean no action. There will be plenty going on. All will be revealed in due course. What is more important is that for once they make good decisions.

This.

The last thing we need is a running commentary on the Board`s discussions with the subsequent sound and fury on social media.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:52

There’s a saying in business that the worse something gets, the more you need to communicate!

I’ve steered clear from the discussion on the managers position (although I genuinely believed he would inject a bit of steel into the team that was needed to keep us up - so kinda feel personally let down by his actual results and how we went out with a whimper)

However, I’m a right tight git and perceived value for money is a big driver for me in everything, so I’m very interested in how much they are going to charge for a third tier season ticket - it can’t be the same as last year, even if they dress it up as a keep the players and bounce straight back up
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:55

Hemorrhaging support day by day with their incompetence.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 18 May 14:59

Whilst I agree it`s probably time for some form of update, are people really losing sleep over the lack of updates?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 18 May 15:43

Crosspar is bang on. I`d much rather the board took their time (what`s the rush really) and made the right decisions (as per my posts on other threads there`s much more to discuss than who the manager next season will be) rather than make poor decisions because they felt there was a need to `communicate`.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 15:58

They`ll be keen to get the details of ST prices out ASAP and they won`t be able to announce them until the fans have been updated on footballing matters. Last season STs went on sale from 9 June if that`s any guide.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 18 May 16:24

This is a shambles it just shows how little they value the fans
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 18 May 16:28

Our new rivals up the road have announced £210/£145/£40.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 16:30

Perhaps the board and players are away on holiday, celebrating last season`s fantastic finish.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 16:34

Kelty know how to treat their fans unlike this lot they can shove their season ticket renewal
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:06

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Wed 18 May 16:34

Kelty know how to treat their fans unlike this lot they can shove their season ticket renewal

Dry your eyes

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:20

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Wed 18 May 16:28

Our new rivals up the road have announced £210/£145/£40.

So that makes my ST last year over 50% more expensive - I don’t care of they got the love child of klopp and pep in to replace hughes, I ain’t paying through the nose for third tier fitba!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:31

I’d be happy paying last years season ticket price if we had a manager I believed in and he was given the budget to build a decent team. I won’t be buying one to watch more of last seasons crap regardless of price.

If the board make what I judge a good appointment I’ll feel duty bound to support the club financially with a season ticket and 1885 business club/sponsorship/whatever. Just my personal take, I know others will disagree.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:38

Kelty have known what league they were going to be competing in since the middle of March so will have been working on their budgets since then. It`s also easier when you`re going up than going down.

We were relegated 11 days ago. Not exactly the same thing in terms of timescales or ease of planning. All the geniuses on here with their successful business acumen should be volunteering their services to the amateurs that run our club. I`m sure you could all contribute.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:38

Quote:

CrossPar, Wed 18 May 14:07

Hindsight will determine whether the prolonged silence was a step in the right direction, or a massive blunder.

Much like Hughes keeping it tight at Firhill, if you beat them at EEP you`d have fans saying (in hindsight) that taking the draw back to EEP was safe and sensible. At the time however it felt like a blunder, and so it turned out.

If the board come to the correct decision of sacking Hughes, and appoint a competent successor then come the end of the season we`ll look back and say "Why were we so annoyed at waiting a couple of weeks?", of course if we keep Hughes and that happens, in hindsight it will seem genius. However if we were to keep Hughes, things turn out badly and we`re calling for his head in October then this delay will just be another incident where the fans will feel the board have mistepped.

Currently though, a bit like after the first leg at Firhill, this feels like a mistake. Clubs who will be fishing in the same waters as us will be sounding out managers with regards to vacancies, we still don`t know what playwrs we`re keeping and the discontent between the fans and the board just seems to be widening, the anger from last season isn`t subsiding because the fans have no idea what next season will look like.

Clarity needs to come, and really it should`ve already happened. One way or another we need to start looking forward.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:39

I feel sure there will be a lot going on at East End. I`m as keen as everybody else to find out what decisions are being made, who`s going, who`s staying and who`s arriving however I also don`t feel that I have a `right` to be updated daily on these comings and goings. Players I think are mostly contracted for another week and we have a manager with a contract for another year. DAFC are an employer and are therefore subject to employment law and the HR processes that entails which will clearly also have an impact on what could and should be communicated and when.

I don`t think we`re being deliberately kept in the dark. We`ll find out in due course, hopefully sooner rather than later.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 18 May 17:59

I would hope that players have been at least identified if not secured by now, but if the managers position is in doubt this may delay this.

It is time to announce the future of the manager unless there are deals going on behind the scenes regarding getting rid of the current manager and appointing the new.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:18

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 18 May 17:38

Kelty have known what league they were going to be competing in since the middle of March so will have been working on their budgets since then. It`s also easier when you`re going up than going down.

We were relegated 11 days ago. Not exactly the same thing in terms of timescales or ease of planning. All the geniuses on here with their successful business acumen should be volunteering their services to the amateurs that run our club. I`m sure you could all contribute.

Here is some free advice.

Any sensible organisation would have two plans worked out and ready to implement since about Christmas given the league position we were in all season.

Plan A for the outcome and plan B for the one we actually got.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:22

Quote:

Finally, some sense. This forum is a bit bizarre, isn’t it? It’s like folks just forget how business/life works because it involves a game of football!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:26

I’d have to agree with you there Grant, good thoughtful post. At a time when other teams are appointing available managers and signing players, we haven’t been briefed on whether we are even looking for a manager yet or if Hughes will be given the opportunity to rebuild and try and take us up. The decision should certainly have been made by now.

I derive some hope from your comment Par, that perhaps we are back channeling a prospective candidate for the managers job and once that is agreed in principle, we will see things announced quickly.

It’s one of three things:

1. They have decided to keep Hughes but don’t want to tell us yet because they know we will go mental. They perhaps (wrongly in my opinion) think the anger of relegation will dissipate over the next week or so and will make it clear then.

2. They have decided to get rid of Hughes but are struggling to reach a settlement.

3. They haven’t made their minds up yet and are quietly sounding out potential replacements.

It’s hard being a supporter and waiting to find out though. The last few managerial decisions have been blunders so it doesn’t fill you with much hope. Surely they will get one right eventually though?

Post Edited (Wed 18 May 18:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:34

The last two have been blunders. Crawford and AJ both were fine, if not spectacular successes overall.

The concern is that the new owners have only been involved in the last two appointments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:49

Quote:

elvis_lives, Wed 18 May 18:18

Quote:

Here is some free advice.

Any sensible organisation would have two plans worked out and ready to implement since about Christmas given the league position we were in all season.

Plan A for the outcome and plan B for the one we actually got.

Of course they would have a Plan B but it`s still eleven days since the eventuality has occurred and there`s a fair amount to sort out unlike folk that just batter pash onto a forum.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:49

I’d understand not planning for potential relegation, if for example we were fighting to remain in the promotion playoff positions for the last good few months

…but anyone suggesting a business would not undertake risk assessments and work up responses including contingency plans should the more and more likely event of relegation given our position and trend of results, but rather wait and then be surprised when it happens, obviously don’t know how business and organisations should be run

Post Edited (Wed 18 May 18:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 18 May 18:58

Again, as someone said, it`s been 11 days - and we`re still in the middle of May.

If we`re sitting here in two weeks time and nobody is any the wiser, then you would have a point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 18 May 19:15

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 18 May 18:58

Again, as someone said, it`s been 11 days - and we`re still in the middle of May.

If we`re sitting here in two weeks time and nobody is any the wiser, then you would have a point.

I think those fans who are most agitated are wondering why the club hasn`t yet announced that Yogi has been sacked.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 19:16

Agreed it’s only been 11 days and there will be lots to finalise and agree.

Expect a few fundamental questions will have already been discussed and decisions/actions agreed before it was official

I personally would have thought yogi’ position would be one of those things pre decided along with a timeline for actions to be resolved and comms distributed - so unless it’s going to be announced as a package alongside other changes, then would have expected to hear by now if he was actually leaving the club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 18 May 19:28

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 18 May 18:58

Some on here have already chained themselves to the main entrance at EEP.

There will be an update when there`s an update to give. People are acting like a decision has been made and it`s being kept secret.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Wed 18 May 20:25

If Kelty are charging £210 for an adult season ticket that’s good price for them. There ground really is not much more than a posh junior park. That would be £11.66 per game. If we charged £252 for this league I’d feel that would be an ideal price ??
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:14

Are the players (out of contract) not employed until the end of May.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 21:38

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 18 May 21:14

Are the players (out of contract) not employed until the end of May.

I`d imagine they would be but I demand we release a statement saying they`ve all been bulleted NOW

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 18 May 22:04

It`s so unfair; we haven`t had anything concrete to complain about for over a week.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 11:01

This is a disgrace they will reap what they sow
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 19 May 11:06

We are just always behind on everything these days it’s barely a surprise the lack of transparency from the club. How long does a ‘footballing review’ take? We got relegated ffs hardly much to reflect on a disgrace of a season and an absolute disgrace of a showing from so called ‘professional’ football players

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew  
Date:   Thu 19 May 11:18

Agree parsfan96
We are already behind other clubs in preparation for next season as others either have relatively settled sides or are pro active in getting a new manager and players targeted.
We`ll be platting catch up imo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 19 May 11:18

I say we demand a statement as to the reason behind the lack of a statement.
Statements come and statements go but this is the statement I`m looking for.
Then... After that statement... Maybe we will get more statements that are not so much about the lack of statements but more like a what`s actually happening statement .
A statement of intent if you will.
Or a statement of non intent.
Is that a thing?
Anyhoo... Statements, statements, statements... Ye can never have too many of them.
Its gotta be better than rumours.... No not the Fleetwood Mac epic.... It`s just fantastic and much better than any statement .
So... To sum up...
More statements....
Less rumours. 😏

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 11:58

I would have thought the fact we were relegated would make things more problematical than if we`d stayed in the Championship so I`m not surprised the review is taking some time. They might have made provisional plans in the event of relegation but now they have to firm up on them.

What is the likely effect of lower league status on the budget and the wages structure? They might even be considering the option of part-time football or a hybrid model.

What is the make-up of the management team in terms of personnel and numbers?

Ditto the playing staff? Contracts of individual players will have to be considered and recruitment of new players addressed.

How do we price season tickets/walk-up prices/hospitality?

I`m sure there will be lots of other issues too. Many of these decisions are interdependent so they could hardly issue a meaningful statement until the full review is completed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 19 May 12:20

Topic Originator: dafc-chris1
Date: Thu 19 May 11:01

This is a disgrace they will reap what they sow

Yep.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sue Par Chew  
Date:   Thu 19 May 12:37

This is where being proactive comes in, we were in the bottom three for months so relegation was a distinct possibility. If they`ve stuck there heads in the sand and only dealing with it now, then as I say we are playing catchup with other clubs.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 13:31

I’d agree with what others have said. With relegation looking likely since Christmas, it should have been planned for. Yogi’s future should have been dependent on staying up.

A league 1 plan, budget, pricing strategy, accompanied comms etc should all have been in place. Many of us who have businesses have to plan for likely circumstances coming up so we can react quickly if/when they do.

Surely the club aren’t so naive to have neglected this? Especially considering we looked like absolute relegation fodder for so long.

Sure, there would be some moving parts like who the new manager is and what players he fancies retaining, who he wants off the books but we should be at that stage now instead of playing catch up on other clubs who are already signing players and managers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 13:46

It`s quite funny how Raith (who knew what league they`d be in and must`ve been ready for McGlynn leaving months ago) get praised for issuing a statement that says absolutely nothing, yet our BOD (who only knew for definite next years circumstances 12 days ago) are getting it ticht from all angles for a lack of communication.

Happy to wait until there`s something worth hearing

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 13:52

Last season Stevie Crawford resigned on 18/05/21 and Peter Grant was appointed on 28/05/21. When that went sour the board was subsequently criticised for not pursuing a sufficiently rigorous recruitment process.

This season relegation was confirmed on 07/05/22. Even if some provisional plans were in place is it not reasonable that the board should take their time in announcing changes which are a lot more comprehensive than just replacing one individual?

On the question of signings don`t they usually start from 1 June? I haven`t noticed much activity in the transfer market involving other lower league clubs apart from a couple of PCAs. By the way, has any club announced the imminent signing of Dom Thomas who was rumoured to have signed a PCA with QP or PT?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net