DAFC.net
Home 03 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Would you be put off..
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:24

Although a totally different line of work but, if you had applied twice for a job within a year would it put you off applying a 3rd time?

I wonder how many of the managers applied in the summer and again in January. Will they be put off doing so again (if they have already) or do you think the fact that David Cook has just come in will change things?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Would you be put off..
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:27

I don’t think they’d be put off as it’s a new regime in charge. I don’t think Cook will hire someone because their cheap, but because they are the best person for the job short and long term.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:28

Any new manager that comes in should be more worried about Thomas meggle interfering in the 1st team

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:30

Depends, might not the same job now as it was then though - different situation, different league, different expectations may require different capabilities.

If you applied around PG time, you’re own skills, experience and track record may have changed for the better so you may see yourself as a better candidate now.

Could also depend on how the interview process went and was left last time, what was your impression of the club? What feedback did you get? Etc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:31

Quote:

Taxipar, Thu 19 May 17:28

Any new manager that comes in should be more worried about Thomas meggle interfering in the 1st team

Thomas Meddle ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:31

Quote:

Taxipar, Thu 19 May 17:28

I was thinking the same.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:47

And so it begins.....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:55

Wouldn’t be put off at all, although relegated the club might be more attractive to some now more than after grant left given relative budgets in league 1 and many players now out of contract so more scope to get players in.

If they were interviewed the 2nd time (was anyone interviewed the first time?) and still didn’t get it then might be harder to call. Like any job I would imagine a wee phone call to cook to talk through whether worth applying again.

I’m not convinced meggle will get more involved in the football side, I think that was the plan with hughes staying but presumably the jungle drums from the fans meant hughes staying wasnt then an option. Meggle might help getting transfers over the line or as a DOF but I’m assuming we’re not going for an overly experienced manager this time anyway.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net