DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Here come the Petrie and Campbell posts!!
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:36

Can we stop already? It’s already been said a million times that Petrie has a good job and wouldn’t risk it for our risky job. And Campbell won’t be coming either - we’ll be looking for someone longer term to take us forward. How long until Campbell decides to sit with his feet up and get out the stress of the game?

Kevin Thomson did well at Kelty but then had a much bigger budget and far superior teamthan his opponents so I’d still say untested until he’s on an even keel with others in the league.

Personally I think we should get off the Scottish Manager merry go round and go for someone with new ideas to shake up the league. Scott Calderwood said he was interested last time - could be a decent shout imo.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Here come the Petrie and Campbell posts!!
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:43

You`re asking people to stop and yet you`ve just started a new thread on the subject?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:51

Dick Campbell would jump at the chance in my opinion.
1. Arbroath won`t go up.
2. He still lives locally.
3. He wanted the job prior to Peter Grant being shoehorned into the position.

Petrie as mentioned has a very well paid job outside of football so that is very unlikely in the volatile world of football management.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:52

It`s been said by lots of people that Petrie wouldn`t take it as he works in the bank.

Those people, I`m willing to bet, have not spoken to Petrie and have no idea if it`s true.

There was someone on here recently, who claimed they did actually know him, and he would at least be willing to speak to us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 19 May 17:55

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Thu 19 May 17:52

It`s been said by lots of people that Petrie wouldn`t take it as he works in the bank.

Those people, I`m willing to bet, have not spoken to Petrie and have no idea if it`s true.

There was someone on here recently, who claimed they did actually know him, and he would at least be willing to speak to us.

But that job in the bank though...😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Thu 19 May 18:06

I think some people fail to understand that not everyone who works in a bank earns a fortune.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Thu 19 May 18:08

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Thu 19 May 17:51

Dick Campbell would jump at the chance in my opinion.
1. Arbroath won`t go up.
2. He still lives locally.
3. He wanted the job prior to Peter Grant being shoehorned into the position.

Petrie as mentioned has a very well paid job outside of football so that is very unlikely in the volatile world of football management.

Part time football suits Dick Campbell and Pink so they can run there recruitment agency during the day

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Thu 19 May 18:15

Don’t really think there’s much of a difference between a part time manager and a full time manager as it’s a full time job no matter how it’s labelled, the only change would be training times essentially, so although it would be a challenge if they still run the business I wouldn’t completely write it off
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 19 May 18:47

Quote:

Vamos Pars, Thu 19 May 18:06

I think some people fail to understand that not everyone who works in a bank earns a fortune.

But still a job in the bank though. No-one would give up a job in the bank. A job in the bank is what everyone dreams of. You`ll never beat a job in the bank. Job in the bank...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:46

Quote:

jake89, Thu 19 May 18:47

Quote:

Vamos Pars, Thu 19 May 18:06

But still a job in the bank though. No-one would give up a job in the bank. A job in the bank is what everyone dreams of. You`ll never beat a job in the bank. Job in the bank...

Hahahaha 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:49

I was reading that with the Blankety Blank theme tune in my head Jake.

`Job in the bank, job in the bank, job in the bank...`
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 22:18

Quote:

Jeffery, Thu 19 May 19:49

I was reading that with the Blankety Blank theme tune in my head Jake.

`Job in the bank, job in the bank, job in the bank...`

Made me laugh. I can see it now as some sort of West End Production.

John Hughes has quit.

He`s what?!

He`s quit!

That means we need a new manager!

Say, what about Stewart Petrie? The only thing is, I hear he has a...job in the bank.

Then they burst into song with `job in the bank, job in the bank, job in the bank!`
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 19 May 22:21

Barry Nic heading back north?

Get Paul Smith, surely got ambition to be out on his own!

Post Edited (Thu 19 May 22:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 19 May 23:18

As part of my job I semi-regularly speak to one of the board at Montrose. Caught up with him last week and had a voice in my head repeatedly saying "Don`t ask about Petrie`s job at the bank, don`t ask about Petrie`s job at the bank.... Wait a minute... Is there a way we could steer the conversation round to Petrie`s job at the bank??. Ah go on.... Just DO IT"

I didnae though. Consummate professional that I am.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 20 May 06:42

Stuart Petrie is a good shout, but I know for a fact he didn`t apply after Grant was sacked. If he doesn`t apply again, should the Board head hunt him? Ooerr.....

I also know that Dick Campbell did apply last time but wasn`t interviewed. Will he apply again and would he be interviewed this time? I doubt it.

I don`t know myself how serious this is but Alan Johnston skooshed League 1 with both QOS and the Pars so he knows what it takes. He also did relatively well in a stronger Championship than we had last season, until the wheels came off in his last season at EEP. He`s unemployed now and would probably jump at a 12 month contract.

Petrie would be my first choice if he can be persuaded to come.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net