DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Shields
Topic Originator: parsparspars  
Date:   Thu 19 May 18:24

[Post Deleted] - Rude or abusive message
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Charlatan Shields
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:14

I don`t want Shields involved either but calling him a charlatan is way over the top
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:20

I thought that he was here to train the young teams.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:21

Quote:

parsparspars, Thu 19 May 18:57

Rude or abusive????? Really!!!

Yes I questioned his role and record in the dressing room both in this coaching stint and as a player in 2007. Clearly not my choice for moving forward as need a whole change on the football side with a fresh start and need rid of any toxicity. Certainly don’t need this sort of continuity moving forward. Seems to have pals all over the establishment.

It was extremely abusive but I am surprised it was deleted.
Excessive abuse has been quite normal on here for most of the season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:37

No need for a heading like that. Greg was very highly rated for his work in America and I would ask that rthe heading is changed .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:37

Thought it was a post to do with tonight’s gig I’m going to lol. Charlatans at O2 academy Edinburgh
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsparspars  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:40

That’s my view and opinion, so will keep the title thanks in the interests of free speech. You are most welcome to start a thread with a positive and complimentary view of Mr Sheilds.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:51

It`s probably libellous in the context of a football coach whose record is easily accessible

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:53

Free speech only goes so far
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boomer  
Date:   Thu 19 May 19:56

Free speech is fine, however you have stepped over the line and if you can’t now see that you have a problem.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 19 May 20:00

Free speech is fine if it`s constructive. Don`t push your luck

Parrot, Unfortunately not able to stop some of it being posted

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 19 May 20:04

Quote:

brian, Thu 19 May 20:00

Free speech is fine if it`s constructive. Don`t push your luck

Parrot, Unfortunately not able to stop some of it being posted

I know. Too many flowers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 19 May 20:08

Could we no just look forward to a fresh start? What a bunch of wee lassies!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 19 May 20:13

Quote:

craigypar35, Thu 19 May 19:37

Thought it was a post to do with tonight’s gig I’m going to lol. Charlatans at O2 academy Edinburgh

Yeah. Maybe some should have a word with the OP and say, From One To Another, Some Friendly advice, don`t be Tellin` Stories about Greg Shields, as if he finds out you could end up with Blackened Blue Eyes. Sometimes A Man Needs To Be Told...
[IP address logged]
 Re: Shields
Topic Originator: par58  
Date:   Thu 19 May 20:32

I rarely, if ever, post on here content to read some of the more sensible and incisive posts, increasing hard to find. However once again I am disgusted to read naked abuse that borders on the criminal. On here, and increasingly on Facebook, abusive and degrading posts seem to be the norm and the title of this one is an all to typical example. Given all the recognition and highlighting of mental health issues these days it is astounding that people on here seem to be content at putting at risk DAFC players and officials mental health wellbeing by slating them in the most disgraceful way. Also, given, and in the face of, the excellent steps taken by the Club to recognise and make mental health wellbeing a priority.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 20:36

Par58, I am in agreement with you.

We need to solve this social media problem.
People should be allowed constructive comments but overstepping the mark needs to be resolved

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 19 May 20:45

Agreed but nobody has the right not to be offended either.

I didn’t see the original comments so talking more in general… but just because you or I believe or feel strongly about something, doesn’t mean it’s not open for challenge and/or ridicule

Post Edited (Thu 19 May 20:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 19 May 20:47

Agree Brian.Folks hide behind social media,and think they can insult people as they think fit.In my opinion , it`s cowardly, as they would never say it face to face.Shields,is a hard working, dedicated guy,and does not deserve personal abuse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 19 May 21:07

I haven’t seen the original post so no idea a what it says.

I’d prefer Shields was no longer involved with first team duties although ultimately I believe it should be up to our new manager to decide who he wants on his coaching staff.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 May 21:18

Do you know Shields and what his possibilities are ?

I suspect not.
I have no idea why people seem to think their opinion is more important than anybody elses and have to be abusive about it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 19 May 21:29

Some absolute melts in the Pars support.

I`d agree that Shields is perhaps in the wrong role, but I`m not out there on the training pitch so how would I know? As has been mentioned, he was very highly thought of in terms of getting the best out of the youth. Sounds like that`s where we should have him focussed. However, how would I know? I`m not on the training pitches with him.

Some people on here need to genuinely get a grip. So much sniping about people. It`s genuinely tiring. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but back your opinion with some facts rather than just shouting your mouth off.

If nothing else, consider the impact of any prospective coach or manager. Who wants to come to the Pars when it`s fans are a bunch of bed-wetters who constantly scream and cry about anything they can find fault with?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Thu 19 May 22:25

A bit OTT Jake

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 19 May 22:32

It`s really not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 19 May 22:38

Quote:

BA, Thu 19 May 22:25

A bit OTT Jake

Perhaps, but it needs said. This is just a forum and probably doesn`t reflect the views of the fans in general, but it gives outsiders an insight, and not a very nice one. There are some people who really need to give their fingers a rest and step away from the keyboard (maybe including me!).

I look forward to the next managerial announcement and the guaranteed moans when it`s not some guy who didn`t even apply.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Thu 19 May 23:29

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 19 May 20:13

Quote:

craigypar35, Thu 19 May 19:37

Yeah. Maybe some should have a word with the OP and say, From One To Another, Some Friendly advice, don`t be Tellin` Stories about Greg Shields, as if he finds out you could end up with Blackened Blue Eyes. Sometimes A Man Needs To Be Told...

Quality stuff red star! Gig also was superb
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 20 May 09:50

I don’t know what was said. But if our first choice candidate would prefer to bring in an entirely new team and not work with Shields, then we should negotiate a release with Shields/ask him to move to the academy. If the new manager wants to keep him, he obviously stays.

It should be as simple as that, with no need to be rude or abusive about the guy. He clearly cares about the club and has given his all across 3 spells here as player and coach.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 May 10:03

jake89, spot on with your comments.

I do really need to get back and start deleting and carding people ! ;o))

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Fri 20 May 10:17

Spot on par91, should be the new managers choice. Real opportunity to get a proper coaching team sorted, someone bringing in there own men and put in the best position to succeed rather than inheriting a back room team. If the new man wants shields, sound. If not he can probably get a position in youth development.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Fri 20 May 10:41

Quote:

jake89, Thu 19 May 21:29

Some absolute melts in the Pars support.

I`d agree that Shields is perhaps in the wrong role, but I`m not out there on the training pitch so how would I know? As has been mentioned, he was very highly thought of in terms of getting the best out of the youth. Sounds like that`s where we should have him focussed. However, how would I know? I`m not on the training pitches with him.

Some people on here need to genuinely get a grip. So much sniping about people. It`s genuinely tiring. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but back your opinion with some facts rather than just shouting your mouth off.

If nothing else, consider the impact of any prospective coach or manager. Who wants to come to the Pars when it`s fans are a bunch of bed-wetters who constantly scream and cry about anything they can find fault with?

I don’t think any managers will be put off by a few individuals making comments online. This happens with every club and social media is not representative of the support as a whole.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Fri 20 May 12:57

Anybody who uses this forum as a sounding post before applying for the manager’s job isn’t the sort of manager we need
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net