DAFC.net
Home 14 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Blackpool`s Jake Daniels
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Fri 20 May 08:27

17 year old Jake Daniels has come out openly as being gay. We`ll done on being so brave.

Let`s hope that fans behave themselves and curb any abuse that might be shouted his way. Some people think that football gives them a licence to shout whatever they want but this is 2022 and I`m hoping any fan or player giving him inappropriate abuse gets a swift slap from anyone nearby, followed by a lengthy stadium ban.

Personally, if I was a gay footballer, I`d wait until I retired before coming out publicly. I`m a big coward though.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Blackpool`s Jake Daniels
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Fri 20 May 08:44

Hopefully others will follow suit over the summer and that might dilute any online abuse that he gets. Abuse shared is abuse halved, as they don`t say.

I would have been far more optimistic about this a few years ago, but looking at the abuse black players have been getting recently has changed my mind a bit. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 20 May 09:10

Good on him, it`s a brave thing to do. I`d hope we have moved on from the treatment Justin Fashanu was subjected to, but I fear he might be in for a rude awakening. For his profile, he might get some decent sponsorship deals and will be very marketable.

On an other note I see that Idressa Gueye refused to play for PSG last week as they were were making him wear a rainbow shirt. He is now being accused of homophobia, but are his accusers being Islamaphobic in failing to take into account his feelings?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 20 May 09:19

This is one of the reasons I cringe when I hear some comments and songs coming from our and other clubs fans like "takes it up the...". There will be gay fans among our support and potentially on the pitch and they should feel just as welcome as anyone else.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 20 May 10:37

I know that many Airdrie fans are not particularly nice people. However I noticed a large banner about Justin Fashanu in one of their end stands. To me that elevated them well above Falkirk.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net