DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pitch Invasions
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 23 May 18:22

Celebrations for winning and celebrations for avoiding relegation, all bring emotions. Invading the park in joy I can take, but nutting someone, abusing physically or verbally is beyond toleration.
Do you think fences may be brought back?
Or is there other answers.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pitch Invasions
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Mon 23 May 18:32

Deduct them points and it will soon stop

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Mon 23 May 19:13

I don`t have a problem with pitch invasions as long as there is no violence involved
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 23 May 19:26

Quote:

hudza, Mon 23 May 18:32

Deduct them points and it will soon stop

Then we send a bunch of fake fans to our main competitors and do a pitch invasion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Mon 23 May 19:28

Points deduction is the only way, and make it a substantial deduction. Start it in time for the new season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 23 May 19:41

Quote:

GG4, Mon 23 May 19:28

Points deduction is the only way, and make it a substantial deduction. Start it in time for the new season.

Why should the team and fans suffer for the actions of a few.

Banning orders surely.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Mon 23 May 20:43

Points deduction, as jake89 says, would certainly see "fans" of one team infiltrating home support and doing whatever was necessary to see rivals getting points deducted. Either that or the club claiming, either legitimately or falsely, that the invading fans were not their own. Too much potential for corruption.

And fences? Fans need an escape route in the event of the worst happening. If the escape route means onto the pitch then so be it.

Post Edited (Mon 23 May 20:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par-timer  
Date:   Mon 23 May 20:57

In Europe, the authorities tend to order the partial closure of a stadium for the next game. It doesn’t solve problems overnight but makes it clear what is unacceptable and that there are consequences beyond the usual hand-wringing. However, it often sets fans on a collision course with the league authorities rather than encouraging the self-policing which the latter had hoped for. As we have seen locally, it’s a brave individual club chairman who takes on sections of his own support because of unacceptable behaviour. Far better to have league authorities with the courage to act.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 24 May 12:12

I have been involved in twp pitch in actions, one was in 85 when we thought that we were promoted, only to find out that we weren`t. The other was in 76 in Alloa. Alloa were playing Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup, I was there with mates and heard a great deal on noise behind us, we went back only to see a great deal of bricks and bottles being thrown. Shortly after there was a pitch invasion getting away from the trouble. I and my friends went onto the pitch. Alloa had only paid for 2 police to be in the ground no wonder there was trouble.
Many on here will remember our cup tie the following year against Aberdeen, it was the only time that I`ve seen so much trouble at EEP.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net