DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Signings?
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Tue 24 May 20:02

Who do we think we could now be in for?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 24 May 20:11

Anyone released from Dundee for a start, Charlie Adam? Mcdaid? Mullen?

Not sure if mcpake has brought in many from below championship level?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 24 May 20:15

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 24 May 20:11

Anyone released from Dundee for a start, Charlie Adam? Mcdaid? Mullen?

Not sure if mcpake has brought in many from below championship level?


Potentially Adam as a player snd coach
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Tue 24 May 20:20

Ashcroft, Byrne and McMullen all bound to be on McPakes wanted list.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 24 May 20:22

Cant work out if the list above is a joke or not

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Tue 24 May 20:42

Quote:

RMGpar, Tue 24 May 20:22

Cant work out if the list above is a joke or not


why would it be a joke ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 24 May 20:44

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Tue 24 May 20:42

Quote:

RMGpar, Tue 24 May 20:22

Cant work out if the list above is a joke or not


why would it be a joke ?


Do you think they`d be happy to drop 2 leagues in on season ?

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 24 May 20:47

I doubt we`ll be in for any players who are still under contract to other clubs as that would mean paying fees.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 24 May 20:59

Can someone post a list of our contracted players? Too lazy to search myself...

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Tue 24 May 21:03

Mcdaid was Mcpakes first signing at Dundee and managed 6 goals 11 assists with Ayr in his last full season down at this level, he`d do a job.

Connor Murray would also be a decent pickup, output lacking a bit but young enough to kick on. Could maybe keep Dow and pick up one more to actually have 4 wide options.

I`d be shocked if Wighton doesn`t get a chance to prove himself, Mcpake wanted him at Dundee in the Championship before we picked him up so he obviously rates him.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 24 May 21:05

I think wages would be an issue for any of those released by Dundee. We won’t have much to spend on wages unless we can get some of grants crap that’s contracted another year off the books. Also the issue of which of them would want to drop from premier this season to league one next.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 24 May 21:06

under contract:
Mehmet, Comrie, Macdonald, Breen, Edwards, Todd, Dorrans, Allan, Chalmers, O`Hara, Wighton, Todorov, McCann.

Fenton.

Cole and Pybus both have 1 year options.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 24 May 21:20

Looking at our contracted players, and who`d we`d likely to be able to offload to other teams I have us down as needing
1 x Goalkeeper
2x Centre Back
2 x Wingers
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Tue 24 May 21:28

Quote:

Parsweep, Tue 24 May 20:44

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Tue 24 May 20:42

Quote:

RMGpar, Tue 24 May 20:22

Cant work out if the list above is a joke or not


why would it be a joke ?


Do you think they`d be happy to drop 2 leagues in on season ?


LOL get your point now.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 24 May 21:42

Jamie Barjonas from Kelty could be a good signing

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Tue 24 May 22:08

Cammy Ballantyne just left Montrose
Seems a very good centre half. Montrose fans wishing he was staying and was in the leagues team of the year last season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 24 May 22:14

A Dundee fan on P&B suggested we might make loan moves for Finlay Robertson, a young centre midfielder, been very good whenever I seen him play. Apparently McPake gave him his chance in the first team so he think there’s a connection there.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 24 May 22:42

Unless we lose some centre mids I hope not.

Cammy Ballantyne is a right back. We currently have Todd, McDonald and Comrie there.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 25 May 00:17

To the person who suggested keeping Dow…..have a word with yourself.

He’s done, he contributed next to nothing last season. Even in this league we can’t have passengers.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: DeeMan  
Date:   Wed 25 May 16:59

I think McPake would definitely be interested in getting Fin Robertson in on loan. He didn`t involve him much when he came back from Cove but he could certainly do a job at this level. Whether Dundee`s new boss (whoever that may be) would be willing to let him go out on loan is another matter. Lyall Cameron is another young player that McPake brought through in the Development team. Got rave reviews at Montrose.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 25 May 17:14

Quote:

DeeMan, Wed 25 May 16:59

I think McPake would definitely be interested in getting Fin Robertson in on loan. He didn`t involve him much when he came back from Cove but he could certainly do a job at this level. Whether Dundee`s new boss (whoever that may be) would be willing to let him go out on loan is another matter. Lyall Cameron is another young player that McPake brought through in the Development team. Got rave reviews at Montrose.




We`re currently pretty stacked for centre midfielders (Dorrans, Chalmers, Allan signed up, with Pybus on a year option), is getting another two centre mids the best use of our budget?

We need centre backs and wingers, the last thing we should be doing is using our limited budget on making the squad more imbalanced, IMO.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 25 May 17:47

Sol Bamba and Ben Richards-Everton both without a club, Just sayyyin

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 25 May 18:19

Quote:

RMGpar, Wed 25 May 17:47

Sol Bamba and Ben Richards-Everton both without a club, Just sayyyin


Would take big Ben back. Almost certainly out our price range but worth asking.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 25 May 18:40

It would be nice to get Sol back even if it is only for a season.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Wed 25 May 18:43

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 25 May 18:40

It would be nice to get Sol back even if it is only for a season.


He`s done his pro licence too
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 25 May 18:53

Personally I don’t want loans, temporary short term fix players with no real
Long term benefit. I think that’s one of the major factors of our demise.I’m a perfect world I’d rather we signed and develop our own.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 25 May 18:56

Quote:

dover par, Wed 25 May 18:53

Personally I don’t want loans, temporary short term fix players with no real
Long term benefit. I think that’s one of the major factors of our demise.I’m a perfect world I’d rather we signed and develop our own.


This. Loans should compliment our squad and be a plan b, they shouldn`t be the core of the side. Build a side and build a connection with the support.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Wed 25 May 18:58

Luca Connell would be a phenomenal signing, even if it was another loan deal
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 25 May 21:30

Loans are good so long as your not getting young raw players who then make loads of mistakes with us as they are not ready to play regular 1st team football.

Some more experienced loans not getting a game for premier league clubs would be better to work with our younger players.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 25 May 21:40

I’m fine with loan players if they plug a hole in our team. If a few loan players came in and played key roles in getting us promoted, I wouldn’t be complaining. We haven’t had a lot of successful loan players in the last few years however. A few have been decent but many more have disappointed.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 25 May 21:57

We need a good centre forward who is:-

1. Able to put himself about in a manner that unsettles defences.

2. Is good in the air.

3. Holds the ball up well when it`s fired into him at pace.

4. Is able to lay it off to team mates.

5. Has good positional sense.

6. Has enough pace to burst through a defence.

7. Has a powerful shot in both feet.

8. Is a natural goal scorer.

9.with good upper body strength.

Then we build the rest of the team around him and Championship here we come.

My major disappointment last season was in the utter feebleness of our central front men. I remember how Gerry Britton used to put himself about. When the rest of the team see a guy playing like that it inspires the whole team.



Post Edited (Wed 25 May 22:01)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 25 May 22:04

Scotland could do with a centre forward like that too!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 25 May 22:21

I think we are sorted up front tbh. Ohara, Wighton, todorov and McCann are all signed for next year and capable of doing damage in league one given adequate service.

I think we need a to sign a starting: goalie, 2 centre backs, 4 midfielders.

This is on the assumption we play 442.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 25 May 22:49

To be honest Never10, these very chaps are the ones who make me crave a Gerry Britton. Anaemic, I think is the word I`m looking for. All four have fatal defects in their game:-

Wighton completely unable to put himself about. Keeps falling over when touched from behind. His one strength is being a penalty box poacher but even that was rare.

Todorov seemed rather immobile and was, to use a Fife word, a bit stechie. Slightly better in the air than Wighton or O`Hara.

McCann was good in the air and on a few occasions scored a good headed goal or two but then dried up. On the odd occasion when he outstripped the defence he looked like little boy lost and had no confidence to stick the ball in the net.

O`Hara ran about a lot, never won balls in the air, put no physical pressure on defenders and could run about for eternity without hitting the net. He was given too much of an extended run at the end of the season and never looked like scoring.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 25 May 23:11

None of them are perfect, I agree. I think the lot of them really suffered A lack of decent chances and none are suited to being a lone striker. I think finding a good pairing between the 4 of them could be very productive. I’d go for McCann and Wighton I think. Big man who can win knock downs and run all game paired with a penalty box striker. Mccann could potentially be moulded into a Gerry Britton type.

With so many glaring holes in the team I don’t think we can afford to sign another striker when we have 4 on the books who can do a job at our level. If one of them leaves of course then we will need to add another to the squad.

I’ve no idea what goalies will be available but we need one who is good enough to start.

We need two centre backs who are ready to start.

We need to sign an entire midfield.

Signing those 7 will be key to how we do in this league. Recruit them well and promotion is a possibility. Recruit badly and we could be fighting relegation again.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 25 May 23:18

Just as well we didn’t get Ian Murray then? He talked about how important the loan market was and he would be getting to work right away on that !




It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 26 May 00:10

Amazing how opinions differ paralex.

O’hara never won a header? He’s a smallest striker so wouldn’t have expected him to and he worked his socks off a a long striker with no support in attack from the wings or midfield, totally isolated up there and did an okay job, if we had any forward thinking midfielders who could pass he was always making good runs on the shoulder of the defender but never found. His first touch is poor but he’s not the striker you want to fire long high balls at, he’s for running onto things. Another yogi masterclass to play him the way he did.

If mcpake gets something out of wighton this season he’ll be doing well. He’s the same as o’hara but lazy.

Toddy looked decent then fell away, looks like he lacks pace and not very mobile, I trust him to win more headers than McCann and to direct them better. Proven goalscorer with decent service but seems to be a real confidence player.

McCann is a battering ram who works hard and noises up defenders but lacks anything much else, no shot on him at all, no first touch and is always behind his man when we did manage to get balls into the box so doesn’t have those natural instincts.. He’ll really have to come on to make an impact next year. He’s better when he hasn’t got the ball. Hopefully with some new coaching he’ll come on. Good for coming on if we need a goal with his height.

Depending on the quality of our wingers and how we set up, toddy and o’hara would be a great combo next year, o’hara has something no one else is the team has…..pace.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Thu 26 May 04:21

Berkey: I`m glad you`re not the scout for the club.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 26 May 06:23

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 25 May 21:57

We need a good centre forward who is:-

1. Able to put himself about in a manner that unsettles defences.

2. Is good in the air.

3. Holds the ball up well when it`s fired into him at pace.

4. Is able to lay it off to team mates.

5. Has good positional sense.

6. Has enough pace to burst through a defence.

7. Has a powerful shot in both feet.

8. Is a natural goal scorer.

9.with good upper body strength.







Literally every team in the world could do with someone like thst
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Thu 26 May 07:31

Quote:

Berkey, Thu 26 May 00:10

Amazing how opinions differ paralex.

O’hara never won a header? He’s a smallest striker so wouldn’t have expected him to and he worked his socks off a a long striker with no support in attack from the wings or midfield, totally isolated up there and did an okay job, if we had any forward thinking midfielders who could pass he was always making good runs on the shoulder of the defender but never found. His first touch is poor but he’s not the striker you want to fire long high balls at, he’s for running onto things. Another yogi masterclass to play him the way he did.

If mcpake gets something out of wighton this season he’ll be doing well. He’s the same as o’hara but lazy.

Toddy looked decent then fell away, looks like he lacks pace and not very mobile, I trust him to win more headers than McCann and to direct them better. Proven goalscorer with decent service but seems to be a real confidence player.

McCann is a battering ram who works hard and noises up defenders but lacks anything much else, no shot on him at all, no first touch and is always behind his man when we did manage to get balls into the box so doesn’t have those natural instincts.. He’ll really have to come on to make an impact next year. He’s better when he hasn’t got the ball. Hopefully with some new coaching he’ll come on. Good for coming on if we need a goal with his height.

Depending on the quality of our wingers and how we set up, toddy and o’hara would be a great combo next year, o’hara has something no one else is the team has…..pace.


Some good points there, for me the major issue we had last season is that in my lifetime that was by far the slowlest squad of players I’ve seen… we need a real injection of pace into this side
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 26 May 09:34

That`s due to the style though. O`Hara and Edwards are rapid when they have the chance to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Thu 26 May 09:35

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 25 May 21:57

We need a good centre forward who is:-

1. Able to put himself about in a manner that unsettles defences.

2. Is good in the air.

3. Holds the ball up well when it`s fired into him at pace.

4. Is able to lay it off to team mates.

5. Has good positional sense.

6. Has enough pace to burst through a defence.

7. Has a powerful shot in both feet.

8. Is a natural goal scorer.

9.with good upper body strength.

Then we build the rest of the team around him and Championship here we come.

My major disappointment last season was in the utter feebleness of our central front men. I remember how Gerry Britton used to put himself about. When the rest of the team see a guy playing like that it inspires the whole team.



You have just described Roy of the Rovers!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Thu 26 May 09:42

" I think we are sorted up front tbh. Ohara, Wighton, todorov and McCann are all signed for next year and capable of doing damage in league one given adequate service."

From watching them last season I have no idea where you get that confidence from. They did have very occasional moments but the 4 are all so predictable and desperately need players alongside them or replacing them with a trick or some ability to do something different that the defence doesn`t expect.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 26 May 09:50

>Some good points there, for me the major issue we had last season is that in my lifetime that was by far the slowlest squad of players I’ve seen… we need a real injection of pace into this side<

Dont agree. We had pace in the team. The problem was it was the slowest build up play I have seen .

We need to kick our way out of this league. A team full of big strong growlers with a sprinkling of pacey skillful players should do the trick...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Thu 26 May 10:06

Quote:

halbe, Thu 26 May 09:42

" I think we are sorted up front tbh. Ohara, Wighton, todorov and McCann are all signed for next year and capable of doing damage in league one given adequate service."

From watching them last season I have no idea where you get that confidence from. They did have very occasional moments but the 4 are all so predictable and desperately need players alongside them or replacing them with a trick or some ability to do something different that the defence doesn`t expect.


If we play two up top the strikers we have will do the job I think.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 26 May 10:35

Quote:

halbe, Thu 26 May 09:42

" I think we are sorted up front tbh. Ohara, Wighton, todorov and McCann are all signed for next year and capable of doing damage in league one given adequate service."

From watching them last season I have no idea where you get that confidence from. They did have very occasional moments but the 4 are all so predictable and desperately need players alongside them or replacing them with a trick or some ability to do something different that the defence doesn`t expect.


To be fair i dont think the teams last season were ever really set up to play properly to any of our strikers strengths despite the fact that we actually do have a decent blend of different types of player up front. In theory we should have options if the manager needs to deploy different tactics in different games or even at different stages in the same games.

When we got out of this league last time we didn`t have any battering ram type forwards or attacking midfielders. Josh and Gegs were grafters with dig that could also play in the middle of the park but they weren`t big in size and the rest were normally from: Paton, Wallace, Joe, Moffat, Hopkirk and Faiss.

There is a similar blend with our forwards now but we`re missing the creativity out wide and the balance in midfield that would give the forwards the platform to show what they can do. Most actually have ok scoring records outside of last year.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Thu 26 May 10:43

I`m hopeful that McPake can find a playing style that can get the best out of the strikers we`ve got. They`ve all shown flashes of what they`re capable of, albeit not very often. It`s also difficult for a striker playing in a team that creates so few chances. I`d also take McCann aside and tell him to spend his summer holidays working on his technique - hopeful there`s a talent in there yet to develop in much the same way as Shaun Rooneys was when he was with us.



Post Edited (Thu 26 May 10:44)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Thu 26 May 10:44

Think we need as close to a clear out as possible. If we have anyone (particularly higher earners) that the manager doesn’t think are up to the job, they should be told they’re free to find a new club. But we also have to have faith that the manager can get more out of anyone that is kept on, than we saw last season.

Comrie, O’Hara, Wighton, Todorov, Dorrans. We know they are capable of better than we saw last season. There’s been glimpses from Todd, Allan and McCann, but they need a manager who can have them performing well on a regular basis. Hopefully McPake can try and get more out of them. Everyone needs to put that poor season behind them and focus on the future and what is best for them and this football club.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 26 May 11:05

Don`t think Berkey said much that was unfair to be honest. Maybe a bit harsh on McCann but agree with the rest.

---------------------------------------------------------------


"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 26 May 11:09

If he`s going to overhaul the squad then the most vulnerable players are going to be those whose contracts expire at the end of this month as he may not know much about them and won`t have a chance to see them in action until pre-season starts. As far as I can see Dow, Martin and Jones fall into this category and we have options on Pybus and Cole. He may not know much about the players we had on loan or short-term contracts at the end of the season either so it`s unlikely he`ll pursue them.

After replacing all of them he can then think about trading some of those still under contract to free up other places in the squad. There may be budget constraints of course which might mean working with a smaller squad. Is there going to be some sort of reserve league this season?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 26 May 12:17

"He may not know much about the players we had on loan or short-term contracts at the end of the season either so it`s unlikely he`ll pursue them."

Pretty sure McPake will know plenty about Lawless, Polworth, Donaldson and Ambrose to be fair. He`s been involved in Scottish football, in the top 2 leagues, for the last 10 years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 26 May 12:24

DA-go, all I meant was there would be no particular reason why he would feel inclined to pursue these players given the number of other players who will be available now, many of whom he may have coached or managed..

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 26 May 12:45

I hope he pursues Donaldson.

The others, not so much - although Polworth and Lawless both have well over 200 appearances at a higher level than we`ll be playing at, so you`d hope they`re both better than they`ve shown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 26 May 13:06

I`d be happy with Donaldson too. Lawless started promisingly but seemed to get in a rut, always coming inside and being forced into playing with his back to goal. Polworth was a big disappointment. I thought he would be the key to linking up with the lone striker but he rarely got into goalscoring positions.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 26 May 13:14

Forget Donaldson now a Bairn.





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 26 May 13:44

You`d figure he`d handle any of the strikers we have on our books with relative ease.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 26 May 14:10

I think all our strikers, polworth, lawless, DT and all our attacking players generally suffered from our glacial slow build up play. It gave our opponents far too much time to get behind the ball and mark up.

Surprised Donaldson didn’t sign with a championship side. If he was willing to go to league one I’d have preferred it was with us.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Thu 26 May 16:49

TAFKA -- my snipe was purely about Berkey`s McCann comments. No shot and no first touch? Really?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings?
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:17

I don`t have a problem with any of our forwards, they simply didn`t get a sniff of the ball, some of our midfielders had zero assists for the whole season! I didn`t think that was even possible.

I would be perfectly happy for McPake to clear out as much as possible before bringing anyone in, see who we`ve got left then go from there.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net