DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 McPake Interview
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 25 May 17:11

I know they have had technical difficulties getting this out! I am genuinely looking forward to this though! Anytime I have heard James speak it`s been to the point and has came across well!

Hopefully it will be out tonight.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Date:   Wed 25 May 17:28

Also wonder how mobile James will be around the training ground, Did he not just undergo Knee surgery

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 25 May 17:55

https://www.kingdomfm.co.uk/news/local-news/new-dunfermline-boss-says-he-has-improved-as-a-manager-after-time-away-from-the-dugout/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 May 17:56

How can they have this out before the club lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 25 May 18:00

Might be issues etc but the social media, comms, official website is poor and has been for some time. Hopefully high on David Cook`s list, social media, interaction etc is so big these days.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Wed 25 May 18:28

Quick summary:

Wouldn’t be drawn into setting expectations of promotion. We need to start winning some games and being competitive.

Says his coaching staff aren’t in the building yet, his preferred options are at other clubs and we might not be able to afford to go and get them.

Wants the fans to be able to be proud of the team again. Looking for effort and workrate from his players.

Dunfermline are a league one club because they deserve to be because the team didn’t win enough games of football.

Feels he will now be a better manager after time to reflect on himself following Dundee sackings. Spoke to a lot of other managers about this. Writes a lot of things down about behaviours he needs to change in himself.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 May 19:00

Official interview on COWS now

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 25 May 20:12

Decent interview. Still not transitioned to calling us "we" but to be expected given how late the deal was done.
Doesn`t come over as a `Billy big baws" like our last 2 managers and clearly has something to prove.
Good luck to him.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 25 May 20:14

Given it`s hard when talking about the past to not refer to it as "we" when I speak about my old job I also reflect on it as we, as it was we at the time.

Seems we are back on the "developing the youth" strategy which seemed to be lost last season, which is good.

He speaks with pride and I think its a good match, the club and him. With the right additions it could be a good season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Wed 25 May 20:20

After the interviews of Grant and Hughes I was extremely excited about the season/rest of the season ahead so trying to be cautious here but agree that James comes across really well and has a point to prove.
As with every manager they get my backing.
It is going to be a fascinating summer and season ahead.
Well done Matty Todd on impressing the new manager, great attitude 👏

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 25 May 20:30

Thought that was a decent interview.
I liked the fact, he wasn`t stating going for promotion or any other nonsense, but just concentrating on winning games first.
As we all know, if we start winning games regularly then the rewards follows.
And his comment of "the quality we`re going to bring in" was intriguing. I wonder if he`s had conversations already?
Good luck to him, as we all want him to be successful.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 25 May 20:43

Really good interview. Wasn`t convinced about the appointment but he has come over very well. Felt honest and has a point to prove which is good.

I hope his previous experience with Dorrans and Wighton doesn`t affect his judgement now. Dorrans contribution wasn`t enough throughout last season and Wighton didn`t score enough goals for teams at the top or bottom end of the table. You`d imagine both would be decent earners so if either had other offers I`d suggest encouraging them to go to use the money in other areas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 25 May 21:02

I enjoyed hearing that, unlike PG he has not said that we we have a team capof getting int the Premier league. In fact I think he was surprised at the facilities we have and are going to have. I hope things work for him.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Wed 25 May 21:06

Someone needs to tell him that’s It’s Dunfermline Athletic. Would he call Dundee United Dundee football club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 25 May 21:28

Quote:

tappies par, Wed 25 May 21:06

Someone needs to tell him that’s It’s Dunfermline Athletic. Would he call Dundee United Dundee football club.

Yeah thats important. Well said

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Wed 25 May 21:36

Sounded good, but this first interview is meaningless if you remember back to the first we heard from Grant & Hughes. Actions will talk louder than words. Good luck to him though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Wed 25 May 22:45

Never will I get sucked into a first interview again with Yogi and Grant’s, but sensible interview likeable guy, but the proofs in the pudding… sign good players… get them playing well… beat falkirk…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 25 May 23:55

What a difference having someone who can ask a decent question without giving them the answer to the question.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Thu 26 May 00:22

Ref: tappies par
Wed 25 May 21:06

< Someone needs to tell him that’s It’s Dunfermline Athletic. Would he call Dundee United Dundee football club. >

I don`t get that. The Dundee situation is different. There`s two Dundee clubs so obviously you`ve got say `Dundee United` to distinguish them.

When anybody asks me, who I support I say `Dunfermline.` Nobody ever gets confused about who I mean.

Why d`you think it`s important that he should say `Dunfermline Athletic?`

Post Edited (Thu 26 May 00:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bovril Man  
Date:   Thu 26 May 02:37

I laughed at that Cammy - immediately thought of Jane Lewis on Radio Scotland…a stammering, stuttering car-crash of a ‘reporter’ from the Kenny McIntyre ‘sweetie wife’ school of journalism.

McPake was always a hard listen when manager of Dundee: I couldn’t take to him and there are questions around his man-management approach i.e. the flip-side of the Jason Cummings situation is very enlightening. However, if he is true to his word and spends time on self-reflection, doubtless he will have learned a bit about himself and hopefully we’ll reap the benefits in the dugout next season.

He wouldn’t have been my first choice as a new manager, but he’s here now and when the dust settles in a week or two we’ll all be looking forward to the first pre-season game with excitement and optimism! That’s the great thing about Scottish football - every year is a clean slate, and we can dump the baggage of last season’s disappointment behind us. Mon the Pars!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Thu 26 May 04:27

I`m all for keeping it simple: work hard, win games, get the fans onboard, but keep expectations in check.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Thu 26 May 10:34

As I always say, talk is cheap it’s the results that matter. I’m sure that every one of us could give a decent interview (some better than others right enough)

Give the guy a chance and hope this time the selection process has been a little more rigorous and they have managed to attract the man for the job, not somebody who can just talk a good game

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Thu 26 May 10:39

Quote:

USMac, Thu 26 May 04:27

I`m all for keeping it simple: work hard, win games, get the fans onboard, but keep expectations in check.

If we start rubbish then inevitably you`ll have people saying it`s because we aren`t setting high enough expectations.

I think people tend to take too much from interviews, as soon as the teams doing poorly it`s the first things fans criticise. I don`t remember much criticism of AJ`s post match interviews when we won the league, however when we started to struggle under his tutelage you had people saying he was uninspiring and boring etc. Same with Crawford...

Looking forward to seing how McPake shapes the squad. His signings will determine allot of optimism for the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 26 May 11:10

Quote:

Grant, Thu 26 May 10:39

Looking forward to seing how McPake shapes the squad. His signings will determine allot of optimism for the season.

He said he has lots of contacts in the game and knows the type of players he wants to bring in, if we can afford them, although presumably he has a good idea of his likely budget.

I`m hoping he also knows something about the character of his intended targets - we neither need nor want any player with a poor attitude - we`ve had more than enough of these in recent seasons. McPake strikes me as the kind of guy who will do his homework on that score, after his experience with Cummings.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 26 May 11:18

He must have known Cummings from his Hibs days. When he signed him I got the impression he was giving him a chance to resurrect his career and he may have felt let down by his subsequent behaviour. I was quite impressed by the way he handled the situation and effectively showed Cummings the door despite their relationship. Mind you, I was impressed by the way Peter Grant handled a similar situation with Paul Watson!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Thu 26 May 12:26

Think we will have to be patient, the rebuild will be a big job.

Good luck to him

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 27 May 14:04

His reaction to the League Cup draw is now on COWS. He`ll be taking these games seriously rather than treating them as part of pre-season preparation.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net