DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pybus (A)
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Thu 26 May 16:31

Was coming on to a game last season.....one of the last players id of punted

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pybus (A)
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 26 May 16:33

Source?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 26 May 16:36

From the man himself

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 26 May 16:36

Is it just DP?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Thu 26 May 16:52

Good if true, nothing against the boy, he tried but wasn`t good enough. Similar to my feelings on big Coll, he was part of the ship that went down last season. The fewer players from last season in next season`s squad the better.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 26 May 16:57

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Thu 26 May 16:52

Good if true, nothing against the boy, he tried but wasn`t good enough. Similar to my feelings on big Coll, he was part of the ship that went down last season. The fewer players from last season in next season`s squad the better.

Maybe he wasn`t world class , but there were a battalion of "players" I would rather see go before him or Donaldson .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 26 May 16:59

Maybe I`m getting a bit slow but what does the (A) mean after Pybus in the thread title?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 26 May 17:12

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 26 May 16:59

Maybe I`m getting a bit slow but what does the (A) mean after Pybus in the thread title?

Away
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Thu 26 May 17:18

I`ll await club confirmation before believing a thing on here haha

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Thu 26 May 17:18

Always felt he gave his all,best wishes for the future.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Thu 26 May 17:24

Pybus and Cole both confirmed as away.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 26 May 17:32

Mcpake wants the squad emptied out. We need to rebuild from the bottom up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Thu 26 May 17:38

Nothing on official club pages.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 17:41

Pybus has said himself that he’s leaving, not sure what’s quite hard to understand about that

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:07

No great loss.

Good luck to him in the future.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:12

Quote:

parsfan97, Thu 26 May 17:41

Pybus has said himself that he’s leaving, not sure what’s quite hard to understand about that

I wasn`t aware of that. I thought the (A) might mean away, but no harm in asking if you`re not 100% sure. Where has Pybus himself said he`s offski?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:19

I think Pybus is a loss and would have excelled in League One. I hope he gets fixed up with a club ok.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:20

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 26 May 18:12

Quote:

parsfan97, Thu 26 May 17:41

I wasn`t aware of that. I thought the (A) might mean away, but no harm in asking if you`re not 100% sure. Where has Pybus himself said he`s offski?

Nae need to be a condescending breast, Parsfan97.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:20

Quote:

Can’t agree with any of that. Sorry

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:28

“Good if true, nothing against the boy, he tried but wasn`t good enough. Similar to my feelings on big Coll, he was part of the ship that went down last season. The fewer players from last season in next season`s squad the better.”

What a lot of absolute nonsense. Pybus and Donaldson were two of our best players last season and would’ve strolled it in league one.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:32

Rumour on another forum is that he got a text from the club informing him that we were not taking up the option of an extra year on his contract.

If thats true it`s really poor.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:33

I didn’t fancy Pybus at first but he sure pulled us through and was mom many times will be missed.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Thu 26 May 18:33

Where has he said this about?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:28

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 26 May 18:32

Rumour on another forum is that he got a text from the club informing him that we were not taking up the option of an extra year on his contract.

I wish folk wouldn`t post rumours. Within two replies the mock outrage sets in and its being discussed as if it was a fact, with zero confirmation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:29

Quote:

Smacks of sour grapes, TC. Dan and Coll were not responsible for our relegation. If only every other player had put in a similar shift.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:30

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 26 May 19:28

Quote:

I wish folk wouldn`t post rumours. Within two replies the mock outrage sets in and its being discussed as if it was a fact, with zero confirmation.

Who rattled your cage?!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:33

A loss, one of the hardest working players at EEP.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:35

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 26 May 19:30

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 26 May 19:28

Quote:

Who rattled your cage?!

A rumour monger 😁

I dont actually wish so. Its just funny / irritating how quickly rumours become facts on here, and folk get quite worked up.

Post Edited (Thu 26 May 19:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:37

So just for clarity we`re only allowed to discuss facts?

Braw.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:38

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 26 May 19:37

So just for clarity we`re only allowed to discuss facts?

Braw.

I edited the last post while you were responding.

Post Edited (Thu 26 May 19:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 26 May 19:53

Quite easy to start a rumour:

I heard he lost against McPake in a thumb war (it was best of three but they went to five and he still lost), threw a hissy fit and stormed out. Kicked Billy Braisby in the nads and tied Leishman`s laces together as he left.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 26 May 20:01

There are many reasons why players move on. I doubt is personal with Dan Pybus if he is away maybe its just not the style of player we need for League 1 and the new manager wants to bring in some other players. Finance may be a restriction and we have to cut our cloth. The thread from the CEO and McPake himself is to rebuild. I suspect this will be a younger squad of players with the odd experienced pro on the park. I think we have been top heavy in management and coaching staff so no doubt we will thin that out. We need to move away from loan players too.

If Pybus has gone, I wish him well. He is a good honest pro.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parzdaft  
Date:   Thu 26 May 20:01

There are times in football when a clean slate is needed. Now is that time. Time for Mr McPake and the new set up to get on with their vision. And for supporters to do as the title suggests :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 20:41

There’s no rumour. Dan informed boys he’s in a chat with saying goodbye and thanks for the support . Also got told via text message from the club

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Thu 26 May 20:44

That`s a very unprofessional way to do business. Disappointing again from the club.

Good luck to Dan. Tried his best. I think I side with the clean slate brigade I am not really fussed for keeping anyone from last year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Thu 26 May 20:46

Quote:

parsfan97, Thu 26 May 20:41

There’s no rumour. Dan informed boys he’s in a chat with saying goodbye and thanks for the support . Also got told via text message from the club

Who`s sending the text message? I`m assuming it`s not McPake, so who?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 20:48

Dan said it wasn’t Mcpake who done that, he was actually saying he’s a good guy and to get behind him. It was the ceo who apparently done the texts

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Thu 26 May 21:13

Wow completely unprofessional sending a text to tell a player his contract wouldn’t be renewed. Expected better from the new CEO
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Thu 26 May 21:19

Pybus and Donaldson are two of the few from last season whose attitude could not be faulted. It`s guys like them we will need to get out of this division. Bad start if we are punting them and keeping the dross.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par-timer  
Date:   Thu 26 May 21:20

Gutted to see DP leave, his engine and work-rate were phenomenal, always gave 100% for the shirt. He and Connolly/Donaldson carried the team at times. Hope he gets fixed up soon (but not at Falkirk).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 26 May 21:51

Isn`t it fairly standard to send a text? I`m sure that`s happened in the past. Not saying it`s how I`d approach redundancy but sure it`s what usually happens.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Thu 26 May 21:52

Hate that argument about players “trying really hard” or “he works really hard”. That should be the absolute bare minimum to be a professional ffs. Pybus wasn’t good enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Thu 26 May 21:56

Worked hard and had stamina but not the most technically gifted player we’ve ever had. Was on the fence about whether to keep him for league one or not so I don’t have a strong opinion either way at this point in time. Depends who comes in centre mid next year really.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 21:57

Quote:

jake89, Thu 26 May 21:51

Isn`t it fairly standard to send a text? I`m sure that`s happened in the past. Not saying it`s how I`d approach redundancy but sure it`s what usually happens.

If that`s standard, it`s pretty awful tbf.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 26 May 21:58

Pybus was a pest to play against, he was good positionally, good first touch, generally found a team mate with a pass AND worked very hard.

His work-rate wasn`t his only positive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Thu 26 May 22:00

Appreciate people`s sentiments but they are at the end of their contract. Not a case of plain redundancy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 26 May 22:39

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Thu 26 May 21:58

Pybus was a pest to play against, he was good positionally, good first touch, generally found a team mate with a pass AND worked very hard.

Agree. A good team requires balance. Probably the closest type of player we have had to Gary Mason and he wasn’t fully appreciated either ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Thu 26 May 22:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 26 May 22:49

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 26 May 22:39

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Thu 26 May 21:58

Agree. A good team requires balance. Probably the closest type of player we have had to Gary Mason and he wasn’t fully appreciated either ?

We`ve had plenty players since Mason who`ve played that role.

Pybus did a job this year, but I`m not gutted he`s gone. He gave his all this year and I hope he continues to develop as a player. I wish him well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 26 May 23:19

Pybus was meh. Maybe in a good team he would do well, but we can’t be doing with players that are passengers and require good players around them to come on a game. He done some running around but he was never going to be a player to take you up the park and create stuff, and conversely, he never seemed to be able to grab the scruff and dictate from deep to allow wide players or the attackers to flourish. Was that entirely his fault? No, I don’t think so tbh, but I’ve seen plenty to know he isn’t good enough for us if we are serious about getting back to the big time. We need better than him, and we should be able to attract better than him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Cook has took over things since relegation, including players contracts. I don’t think he was being modest when he said we are “reserting” I have a feeling he is/has been totally ruthless with the squad, and no-one out of contract will stay, which will be fine. Donaldson was probably the only player I’d have liked to have kept, and he was a loan. The rest that were either on loan or contracts were up won’t be missed. Guys like Pybus should just be squad players to bring on in the last ten minutes to rest players. Nowhere near good enough to start and be an integral part to a team looking to challenge to get to the Premiership, which has got to be the long term goal.

I also think this resetting situation might see some guys under contract being told to find new clubs. Breen (not good enough), Mehmet (not good enough), Dorrans (past it) and Chalmers (EXTREMELY not good enough) I really hope McPake or Cook have had words with these typed and told them to try and put feelers out for new clubs.

This rebuild could take a couple seasons, which is totally fine for McPake as he needs the time to build us up from the absolute ruins the old guard have left us in by giving a tonne of money to P**** G**** and Yogi to basically pi$$ up a wall.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 26 May 23:36

Bit gutted for pybus as on the park no one put in more effort than him. The one player who deserved another year. Yes he offered nothing going forward but the likes of chalmers should be away before pybus leaves.

It’s kind of exciting that we’re happy to let last seasons best midfield player leave, suggests mcpake thinks he can get better in. Have forgotten what it’s like to have a competitive midfield.

Could see us coming up against pybus next season or he might even sneak a lower championship club.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 May 00:43

Quote:

DBA, Thu 26 May 21:57

Quote:

jake89, Thu 26 May 21:51

If that`s standard, it`s pretty awful tbf.

I would like to think all players would have the courtesy of being spoken to personally re their futures. I have no idea who the folk in the "Chat" were or whether it actually happened at all. Someone posting stuff like this on here means nothing. Im sure they believe it but so what.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 May 00:55

Disgusted with the fact (not rumour) that all Pybus received was a text. I appreciate there may not be any legal obligation to have a meeting or even a phone call but it’s just common courtesy. Although given some of the people at the club at boardroom level I really can’t say I’m shocked. Can’t see real progress being made until these people are shown the door.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 May 07:42

Yes I’m sure I’ll believe it as it’s come directly from the player himself.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 May 07:45

There must be more to it than this. Will be interested to hear what the club/manager have to say.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 May 07:57

Quote:

Kyle DAFC, Fri 27 May 00:55

Disgusted with the fact (not rumour) that all Pybus received was a text. I appreciate there may not be any legal obligation to have a meeting or even a phone call but it’s just common courtesy. Although given some of the people at the club at boardroom level I really can’t say I’m shocked. Can’t see real progress being made until these people are shown the door.

Agree with that. You have to treat people with respect If true it worries me how players are being managed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Fri 27 May 08:06

No sour Grapes from me GG.

Dan is a solid pro, worked hard for the team and I’ll also add he turned up at all the various Pars foundation events or things with the kids, him and Reece Cole seemed to always show up.

However, this time last year he was rumoured to be signing, fans were a bit skeptical to say the least. After a year of watching I’ll say he was better than the QoS fans said he was, but that’s as far as that goes for me.

Wish him well.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 27 May 09:03

I believe it is kind of the norm in football. Doesn’t make it right or wrong, but it’s not just us that do this. Also don’t think what’s being reported here is quite the full story. All players out of contract were called into one-to-one meetings 2 weeks ago and were told it was unlikely they would get new deals, as we were going to get rid of Hughes and weren’t even sure we’d have a new manager in to make any decisions on players before their contract was up. At this point, a lot of people with ‘sources’ on here were reporting Hughes was away.

I believe they sent confirmations by text yesterday. Which, although not ideal, is fairly standard as a lot of players are on holiday at this time and there have been complaints in the past when players have been asked to come in when they’re supposed to be off - particularly just to be told their contract isn’t being renewed. Can’t win, can you?

Its not really comparable to a redundancy. It’s the end of someone’s contract. They’ve been free to talk to other clubs for around 6 months, were told 2 weeks ago it was unlikely to be renewed and people like written confirmation of things these days.

As I say, in an ideal world, everyone would probably have received a more professional message - phone call, meeting etc. But we are far from the only club that operate like this. I also believe that some players were told that if they don’t have a club by pre-season, they can come along and try to win a contract from the new manager. This was also mentioned in the meetings.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Fri 27 May 09:12

All much more reasonable when you set it out in full like that Par-91, cheers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 May 09:55

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Fri 27 May 08:06

No sour Grapes from me GG.

Dan is a solid pro, worked hard for the team and I’ll also add he turned up at all the various Pars foundation events or things with the kids, him and Reece Cole seemed to always show up.

However, this time last year he was rumoured to be signing, fans were a bit skeptical to say the least. After a year of watching I’ll say he was better than the QoS fans said he was, but that’s as far as that goes for me.

Wish him well.

Fair enough, TC. You`ve made your case for Dan Pybus.

Is it just Coll Donaldson that the sour grapes are for? 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 May 10:49

Quote:

par-91, Fri 27 May 09:03

I believe it is kind of the norm in football. Doesn’t make it right or wrong, but it’s not just us that do this. Also don’t think what’s being reported here is quite the full story. All players out of contract were called into one-to-one meetings 2 weeks ago and were told it was unlikely they would get new deals, as we were going to get rid of Hughes and weren’t even sure we’d have a new manager in to make any decisions on players before their contract was up. At this point, a lot of people with ‘sources’ on here were reporting Hughes was away.

I believe they sent confirmations by text yesterday. Which, although not ideal, is fairly standard as a lot of players are on holiday at this time and there have been complaints in the past when players have been asked to come in when they’re supposed to be off - particularly just to be told their contract isn’t being renewed. Can’t win, can you?

Its not really comparable to a redundancy. It’s the end of someone’s contract. They’ve been free to talk to other clubs for around 6 months, were told 2 weeks ago it was unlikely to be renewed and people like written confirmation of things these days.

As I say, in an ideal world, everyone would probably have received a more professional message - phone call, meeting etc. But we are far from the only club that operate like this. I also believe that some players were told that if they don’t have a club by pre-season, they can come along and try to win a contract from the new manager. This was also mentioned in the meetings.

Accept tgat its fairky standard and the reasons for it. A club like Dunfermline however should raising standards and being better than others.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 May 17:03

Good post, par91. That makes much more sense. Dan Pybus wis hardly the first player to put his own spin on events.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Fri 27 May 17:17

Wish him the best if he is not given a chance to return, I`m saddened. Won over most of the support who appreciated his working style and winning players player of the year.

He will win a contract outside the league one teams, our midfield/front line is well needing a reset to get back to winning ways. Next midfielders need more assists and shots for this to happen.

‘Get up, get out the house, why are you sitting in with your head in your hands? Get up and face people.’
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 27 May 17:20

Who sacked / let it go. The manager, the CEO or the chairman, or had he asked to go.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 27 May 18:06

Shame think he was one of if not the best player last year.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Fri 27 May 20:39

Good luck Dan I would have renewed your contract 👏

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 15:54

So is he away????
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 16:50

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Mon 13 Jun 15:54

So is he away????

Yes. Was announced on cows with the others

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 19:00

I demand a statement... About... I don`t know.... Anything 😳

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net