DAFC.net
Home 27 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 How to take a penalty.
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 27 May 22:32

https://www.facebook.com/reel/533505035014131?fs=e&s=cl

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: How to take a penalty.
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 28 May 11:34

Auld gits like me mind the Tommy Gemmell technique - blast it as hard as possible - he scored 31/34, so maybe he had the right method !!!

I think Jim Cruickshanks was one of the keepers who managed a save.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 28 May 12:46

The best penalty taker I`ve ever seen is Ivan Toney, since he moved to his goalkeeper dependent technique he hasn`t missed a single one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 28 May 12:50

Le Tissier was the best penalty taker I`ve seen.

Mark Crossley still dining out on time he saved one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 28 May 17:09

I`m just old enough to remember seeing Johnny Hubbard of Rangers (65 goals from 68 penalties). I didn`t see them all though ...

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 28 May 17:20

No mention of the Pars spot king of the late 1950s, full back George Duthie? In 1957-58 he scored more penalties in that one season than most players manage in a career: 14.

His two penalties in a Cup Tie v Partick which turned the game from 0-2 down to 4-2 was part of Pars folklore when I was a boy. I think he only missed one and netted around 30 in his time at EEP. I was told he placed his shots into either corner of the net.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sun 29 May 12:17

There is a relatively simple logic to taking a good penalty …. with the caveat that a sufficiently motivated goalie, with a bit of luck, can pull off the odd wonder save.

Basically hit the ball, as hard as possible, arm length or more to the left or right of the keeper … key point -> waist high or higher (and on target).

The logic is simple, if the ball is below waist height then gravity is helping the keeper get down to the shot; above waist height there is no gravity assist.

Ideal penalties should, in principle, hit the side netting …. It is where the keeper has to move the furthest to make the save …. even with gravity assist, most keepers will struggle with those types of penalty. Putting the ball in the postage stamp is the most difficult area for the keeper to reach.

The ‘risk’, naturally, is that the closer the ball is placed toward the post or bar the higher the possibility that the shot might be off target.

In the real world, Penalty taking is a lot more complicated; psychology can be a big factor ….. wasn’t it Bruce Grobbelaar (Liverpool) who performed all sorts of antics (jumping about all over the place) just to try an put the penalty taker off? It might actually have been his antics that led to the rule that the keeper must have both feet on the goal line when the penalty is taken?

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 29 May 13:30

The goalkeeper had to keep both feet on the goal line long before Grobbelaar’s inventiveness.

He stayed within the rules.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net