DAFC.net
Home 07 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Huddersfield v Nottingham Forest
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 29 May 16:35

Those of us who can remember Brian Clough`s unfashionable EC winning side will be hoping than can win this afternoon`s play off final and get back to the top flight they`ve not graced for far too long.

Post Edited (Mon 30 May 06:08)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Huddersfield v Notts Forest
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 29 May 16:38

Sorry, GG. I’m siding with the Terriers. I have a good mate who’s down at Wembley supporting them today. The John Smith stadium is a good place to take in a game and the fans are a really friendly bunch.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 May 16:45

Quote:

yorkiepar, Sun 29 May 16:38

Sorry, GG. I’m siding with the Terriers. I have a good mate who’s down at Wembley supporting them today. The John Smith stadium is a good place to take in a game and the fans are a really friendly bunch.

No need to apologise, mate. I now realise your username is because you have a connection to Yorkshire and not a former Pars chairman. 😃

Huddersfield did well when they came up and I was sad to see them go down. Enjoy the game.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Sun 29 May 16:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 29 May 16:53

The best way to annoy a Forest fan is to call them Notts Forest. They hate it :-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 29 May 16:57

C`mon Huddersfield, lovely stadium, bookies plus a bar, even better!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 29 May 18:24

Good day for Aberdeen. I believe they are going to benefit to the tune of £1 million courtesy of a promotion clause in Scott McKenna`s contract.

Post Edited (Sun 29 May 18:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 29 May 18:41

That`s now one quarter of the EPL former European Cup/ Champions League winners.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 May 18:47

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 29 May 18:41

That`s now one quarter of the EPL former European Cup/ Champions League winners.

You can say that Man U and Liverpool should always be there or thereabouts with their resources, but for Villa and especially Forest ( winning it twice) it was a fantastic achievement.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sun 29 May 19:20

I recall rumours of him (Cloughie) being in the frame for the Scotland job ….. oooh boy, we really might’ve won the World Cup :)

……obviously a bit too much ‘speculation’ there, for some on this forum! 😂

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Sun 29 May 22:04

Howling ‘performance’ from Jon Moss there. Abysmal.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 29 May 23:33

He’s a terrible ref. Has been for years

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Re: Huddersfield v Nottingham Forest
Date:   Mon 30 May 06:17

It`s interesting to note that Forest, like the Pars, also changed their manager after a dreadful start to the season :-

"Steve Cooper has completely turned the club`s fortunes around after taking over from the sacked Chris Hughton in September.

Forest`s promotion in their first ever play-off final comes at the end of a season which started disastrously.

The two-time European Cup winners took one point from their first seven games - their worst start to a season in 108 years - and when Hughton was sacked in September it looked like the team was likely to spend the campaign battling against relegation.

However, Cooper, who had taken Swansea to the play-offs in his two seasons in south Wales, quickly turned the ship around and they eventually moved into the top six for the first time this season on 9 February.

Like opposite number Carlos Corberan, Cooper has thrived off the back of good recruitment......."

"The best way to annoy a Forest fan is to call them Notts Forest. They hate it :-)"

Sorted, allparone, with apologies to Forest fans everywhere. 😔

Sigh.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net