DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Squealadeal / DAFC.net Prediction League 2022/23
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Mon 6 Jun 11:12

Just a quick heads up to remind players old and new that we are closing in on the 17th June when the new league fixture list is announced.

The DAFC.net prediction team have almost moved heaven and earth to get the Prediction League ready to rock and roll on that day.

Basically, you predict the results of all the matches in our League and watch each week as you move up or down our league table.

You can put down the scores at the start of the season or as each set of fixtures are due to be played - or both for the really keen amongst you. Right up to the last minute before each match starts.

My biggest "loss" of points last season was, not my inability to read football but, my forgetfullness in posting the next set of scores!!

You get points for correctly predicting the score in each match (5), correct team to win (2) and correctly predicting a team score (1). There is a bonus (2) points if you predict a draw, regardless of the score. So plenty of ways to claw your way up the leader board.

There is a section before the season starts to guess/know which team will win the League and which player will be the Goalden Boot - extra (10) points for each of those.

The winner is the predictor with the most points at the end of the season - but if there is a tie, we look at the highest number of perfect 5`s. As expected the organisers decision is final (and always correct, well who could out talk a PARrot).

If you choose to donate a FIVER to DADSC (the Disabled Supporters Club) you are in the running for a top prize courtesy of Dunfermline`s most famous PARrot, as well as feeling really good about yourself.

You can enter as many times as you like - all you will need is a separate email address (and more £5 notes!!) for each entry.

Watch this space.........you know you want to.

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Squealadeal / DAFC.net Prediction League 2022/23
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 6 Jun 18:48

This year there will be an extra monthly prize.
Everyone who has paid a donation to DADSC will be eligible.
In order to keep interest to the end (some folk bug out when they fall behind) you will also need to post all your scores in the month to qualify.
Everyone eligible will go on a spin the wheel and I`ll spin it live on Facebook.
Ther prize will be a £50 restaurant voucher. The restaurants will vary to coincide with clients on my booklet deliveries.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Mon 6 Jun 22:24

😱 so soon. What we happened to the summer break 🙈🤣🤣

Thought I was going to have another update done to make reminders a bit easier, just trying to help Stella

Good job Parrot 👍

No programming experts interested in learning some wonderful techniques in software development 🤔

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 6 Jun 22:40

This is a great way of finding out how rubbish everyone is at predicting results and scorelines, as well as helping DADSC`s fund to get better access to the 1st Floor at EEP for those with mobility problems.

Many thanks to SK, Brian, PARrot and Squealadeal for putting together a really attractive package of incentives for a mere £5 donation to DADSC, and many thanks (in advance) for all of you who sign up and take part in the Prediction League.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 Jun 18:42

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 6 Jun 18:48

This year there will be an extra monthly prize.
Everyone who has paid a donation to DADSC will be eligible.
In order to keep interest to the end (some folk bug out when they fall behind) you will also need to post all your scores in the month to qualify.
Everyone eligible will go on a spin the wheel and I`ll spin it live on Facebook.
Ther prize will be a £50 restaurant voucher. The restaurants will vary to coincide with clients on my booklet deliveries.

Just wondering how easy it will be keeping tabs on who hasnt posted predictions. I think ill just keep it simple and include everyone thats donated to DADSC.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 9 Jun 19:37

I just put all my predictions in at the start of last season.Never paid much attention after that and think I ended up in about 3rd place🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Jun 22:51

So the Club have decided to jump on the Motorbike and throw a wee bash to celebrate the launch of the Squealadeal / dafc.net Prediction League.

I see they have done it under a different title but we all know that they are using our ideas to create some noise.

As a true fan I will be attending their event (and yes I did have to pay my way).

That, plus I intend to walk off the bacon roll by doing the fabulous Walk and Talk with Eddie and Kenny (run by the Pars Foundation) immediately afterwards is my way of saying the laptop in the Wee Teams Town will be a little bit later than originally planned in allowing the Predictions to go live.

So, sorry.

Next year I will up my game and book EEP with the magnificent Margaret before the Club can steal our thunder. (PS - no bacon rolls though).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sun 12 Jun 23:55

Is there a link anywhere to sign up?
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 07:41

Now that might make it too easy!!

https://footballpredictionleagues.com/home

Obviously next season is not available just yet but I think you can register nonetheless.

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jun 07:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 12:19

We are now live............

Please feel free to log-in or register.

Donate £5 to DADSC (please). That makes you eligible to win an amazing array of prizes - courtesy of Squealadeal - you know that friendly PARrot.

Select Join. Enter the Title winning Team. Enter the leagues top goal scorer.

Then enter as many match predictions as you want for now.

Top Team and Top Scorer can be amended until the first league match kicks off.

All scores can be updated until their match starts.

Give it a go. It is fun. You know you want to.

PS. Any problems let us know and we will fix it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 14:31

Everything worked OK, except the Top Scorer name. I have input O`Hara twice but it doesn`t seem to save.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 17:32

Stanza,

I am tempted to say that the new computer programme is AI savvy and knows that no Dunfermline player will top score but that would be wrong!!

I think it is being sorted so if you can try later that would be good but your post is a good audit point should we need to bring out the big bird Judge at the end of the season.

Many thanks for your continued support.

Stella

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 18:51

initial problems sorted.

you can now also add a top goal scorer as well.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 23:34

Thanks, that`s all my predictions now entered for every match this season - I can now sit back and watch the prizes roll in. Or not ....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 Jun 23:41

{BUMP}

Still time to enter, and maybe win some cracking prizes.
https://footballpredictionleagues.com/home

If you`re concerned about your predictive skills, it`s fair to say that every year shows how bad the rest of us are at forecasting match results!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Jul 00:38

Everyone entered and paid the £5 by the first league game will be entered in a wheelspin for a £50 Panas Rosyth restaurant voucher. Wheelspin will be live on the squealadeal Facebook page on match day at 6pm.

Post Edited (Fri 01 Jul 00:38)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net