DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 This seasons Streaming
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Fri 10 Jun 15:37

Did I read somewhere last year that the streaming of games by clubs was only until this season? Or did I imagine that....

Just thinking if there was clarity (that there wont be streams for people in UK, it may increase season ticket appetite)

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons Streaming
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 10 Jun 18:53

Quote:

RMGpar, Fri 10 Jun 15:37

Did I read somewhere last year that the streaming of games by clubs was only until this season? Or did I imagine that....

Just thinking if there was clarity (that there wont be streams for people in UK, it may increase season ticket appetite)

Brian thinks there may be an issue re Sky, to be confirmed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Fri 10 Jun 19:08

Quote:

Tenruh, Fri 10 Jun 18:53

Quote:

RMGpar, Fri 10 Jun 15:37

Brian thinks there may be an issue re Sky, to be confirmed

Sky only have the broadcast rights for the Premier. I think the blackout article 48 will be the issue if imposed by the spfl. The Premier will not be able to broadcast due to Sky but lower league will depend on the decision about article 48.

Post Edited (Fri 10 Jun 19:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Fri 10 Jun 19:43

We are still awaiting the decision from the powers that be. Unfortunately there has been no indication as to when we would expect the decision.

I’m biased since I work with Pars TV but I would like to see us being allowed to stream to the UK this season so that those that are disabled, have to work or just can’t get to the game still get to see the game.

Looking at the viewership last season I don’t think it had an adverse effect on supporters attending. It would be good for watching away games that in these times of extortionate fuel costs instead of going to Dumfries or Peterhead.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 10 Jun 19:48

Quote:

ParfectXI, Fri 10 Jun 19:43

It would be good for watching away games that in these times of extortionate fuel costs instead of going to Dumfries or Peterhead.

See, this is where I would be ‘for’ streaming. Can understand arguments against it, but it’s handy for away games, particularly you have something planned for the evening and wouldn’t get home in time. I don’t plan to use ParsTV, but it comes in handy if I can’t make the game for one reason or another and would imagine it’s useful for away fans and those who stay further away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 10 Jun 20:26

Streaming can be a valuable side income to some of the smaller clubs. I think back to an away game we played at Arbroath last season. Unlike most other streams, Arbroath broadcast the number of viewers watching online.

On that occasion, with circa 2,400 inside the ground, there were 400 watching online. At 12 pounds a pop, that`s a decent contribution to club income.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 10 Jun 21:45

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 10 Jun 20:26

Streaming can be a valuable side income to some of the smaller clubs. I think back to an away game we played at Arbroath last season. Unlike most other streams, Arbroath broadcast the number of viewers watching online.

On that occasion, with circa 2,400 inside the ground, there were 400 watching online. At 12 pounds a pop, that`s a decent contribution to club income.

Yes, that`s not to be sniffed at. And if streaming isn`t an option any game in Scotland or England can be seen at 3pm on Saturday through a Firestick that costs 40 quid to get set up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Fri 10 Jun 22:57

Also good for people like me who live too far away to get to any of the games. I reckon I would pay to watch at least 50% of our home games this season if it was possible.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Thai/Coalville Par  
Date:   Sat 11 Jun 11:22

I hope ParsTV can continue, particularly in England.
I also hope away games could be included.
Obviously I cannot get to EEP, and even though some of the Pars performances were worse than grim, I enjoyed `being there` thanks to Brian and his team.

Peter L
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 11 Jun 12:07

I feel conflicted with this.

Part of me thinks football should collectively do more to protect the live experience. So instinctively, I think streaming should be locked down inside Scotland and only available to ex-pats so to speak.

But then, selfishly, because of family I can only make a handful of games a year, and Pars TV has been great.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sat 11 Jun 16:16

Nothing beats the live experience, and to be honest at our level it`s miles better than watching on TV, in fact I`ve never watched a game on TV when I can go to the match.

AS an expat though, grateful for Pars TV over the years, it would be good if it was available in UK this season, for the reasons above.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 12 Jun 08:45

Quote:

neils, Sat 11 Jun 16:16

Nothing beats the live experience, and to be honest at our level it`s miles better than watching on TV, in fact I`ve never watched a game on TV when I can go to the match.

AS an expat though, grateful for Pars TV over the years, it would be good if it was available in UK this season, for the reasons above.

Agreed, there is no comparrison. I think most fans would rather go for the full match experience but taking kids and elderly folk in freezing weather isn’t fun. Traveling and fuel costs also an issue.
Streaming helps cater for everyone and should add to the clubs income rather than reduce it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sun 12 Jun 17:18

Yep, if any good comes out of the last couple of years, streaming is one of them, gives people the option.

It`s been a real boon for the diddy teams like us, there`s plenty people who over the years stopped going to the games for whatever reason, can now watch the occasional game.

I hope they allow it for all UK.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net