DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Edwards on the move?
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 11:24

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-stoke-city-and-preston-north-end-race-to-sign-josh-edwards-as-asking-price-revealed/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1655114919

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Edwards on the move?
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 11:29

If he goes we must get Lewis Martin to resign. Lewis was a fantastic left back before he got injured.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 11:37

Although would be sad to see him go, it will be welcome income and possibly a good sell on fee also.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 11:39

Stoke and Preston, would be gutted to lose him, did not realise he was still only 22 :o .... Figure of 100k and a sell on clause would be too good to turn down however.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 11:43

Exciting news for the lad after the season we have had.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 11:56

It`s always interesting to hear stories like this. Despite the alleged poor reputation of Scottish football, English clubs obviously still keep tabs on what`s happening up here and not just in our Premiership.

But how many Pars` fans thought Josh Edwards had the potential to play in the English Championship? I actually thought his form had stagnated last season but it`s difficult to shine consistently when your team isn`t functioning well. I`m reminded how Jackson Longridge ventured south a few years ago and failed to make his mark before returning to Livi. Still, it would be a great move financially for him and a chance to try his luck at a higher level.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 11:58

take the money and run
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 12:39

Believe it when I see it, but wouldn’t be fussed at all if he left all the best to him
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 12:43

Good luck to him if the information is correct. The squad we had last season needs wholeesale change, any money coming in can only be good for all concerned and allow the manager more scope to aquire his own squad.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 12:54

£100k and a sell on fee for a player entering the final year of their contact in the third tier of Scottish football is pretty good business if its accurate and actually happens.

Edited to add: good move for the player too as its quite a jump in standard too.

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jun 12:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 13:03

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Mon 13 Jun 11:29

If he goes we must get Lewis Martin to resign.

No need, he was let go.

See Pedantic thread.

Good luck to the lad, happy for him to stay but a great move for him with benefits for us if it`s happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 13:40

100K is peanuts to a championship side. Would probably offer him 5K a week in wages, rising to 10K for a certain amount of first team appearances.

Josh has done very well for us and has a great attitude.

A no brainer for all parties.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 13:55

His departure would leave a pathway for Miller Fenton to establish himself in the team. He seems to be highly regarded at the club.

I wonder if Airdrie have a sell-on clause with us?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 14:00

Would take the hand of them - average player

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 14:47

I think Edwards is a good player still young too. Good move for him been one of our best players last couple of years although last year isn’t anything to go off
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 15:00

Average player in what league? He was certainly one of our "better" players over the last few seasons

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 15:13

That sort of fee plus sell on is really a no brainer for the club if it`s true. Edwards has done well but it opens an opportunity for the likes of Miller Fenton to come in and impress. It`s really the ideal strategy for the club to get extra income.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 15:35

IMO he`s our most valuable asset and worth more than £100,000 in the English market (£2 million plus for Nisbet, £3 million for Doig! ). Good luck to him if he goes but I`d rather we started to build a good team rather than sell and bring in a few more journeymen.

Post Edited (Mon 13 Jun 15:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 15:36

Would be a loss, but any fee has got to be considered. £100k plus sell on is good business.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 15:47

Kyle Mcdonald back to replace him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 16:27

Kyle Macdonald is a right back and Miller Fenton lacks game time, not the replacements we should be looking at if we want to win this league
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 16:38

Surprised at the volume of people happy to wave him away for not much money tbh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 17:33

Didn’t think the players read .net but feels like Lewis Martin actually posts here under different names!

No way should he come back unless it’s a pay as you play deal which is unlikely to cost us much.

£100k doesn’t feel like a lot but we can’t turn much down, especially if there’s a sell on clause and it allowed us to add a couple of quality players to help get us back up.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 22:30

Probably the one player who made the position his own last season. A very good player I would be sad to lose.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 13 Jun 22:48

One of the guys I would like to keep.The rest can go,spineless most of them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YeParss  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 00:20

Absolutely guff. Struggled in the Scottish Championship cant believe anyone from the English championship would want him. Take the money and run!

"cool as a cucumber"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 03:39

A young player with great promise. I wish him well if he goes. He always put in the effort and doesn`t merit the criticism some are giving here.

100k would be useful right now and a decent sell-on clause could bring in a tidy sum down the track. As others have suggested, win-win.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 07:49

Quote:

YeParss, Tue 14 Jun 00:20

Absolutely guff. Struggled in the Scottish Championship cant believe anyone from the English championship would want him. Take the money and run!

Nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 08:21

I like him a lot. Reliable, still developing, and plenty more to come. Couple of goals were a boost to his confidence.
A cheap sale now would be poor business.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 09:03

I disagree Parboiled. He has probably gone as far as he can go with us, especially now that we are in a lower league.

He`s at the age now where he needs to gain momentum. Provided the terms of the sale are advantageous to both parties in the long term, now is a good time for him to go to a larger club with a better infrastructure playing at a higher level.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 09:08

A club in the third tier of Scottish football can afford to turn down a £100 grand approach ?

Really ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 09:12

He is a decent player who has improved in his time here. Sure he had a few bad games but what I like about Edwards is he never hides when he`s playing poor and still wants the ball and always gives it 100%. With the right coaching he could well get a chance in the English Championship. It may take him a season or two but he has the right attitude to get there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 09:20

Quote:

DBA, Tue 14 Jun 07:49

Quote:

YeParss, Tue 14 Jun 00:20

Nonsense.

I’ll second that. One of our better and more consistent performers

Post Edited (Tue 14 Jun 09:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 09:24

Quote:

Parboiled, Tue 14 Jun 08:21

I like him a lot. Reliable, still developing, and plenty more to come. Couple of goals were a boost to his confidence.
A cheap sale now would be poor business.

I like him too but he can sign for someone else in 6 months for nothing. £100k and a sell on fee is not a cheap sale for a team in third tier of Scottish football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 10:41

One of the few players from last season who could hold his head up high, I thought he did pretty well in a poor side, each season you could see some progression in his game. I`ll be disappointed if he leaves, but a move to the English Championship would be great for him and benefit us financially. We won`t have much bargaining power with only a year left on his contract, but hopefully we can get as much as possible from any deal.

Young players like Josh with some potential are definitely the way to go for us and other similar clubs. Whether that`s picking up them up after they been discarded by a big club or taking a chance on them when they are playing for a wee team (like Airdie :) ). Some patience is required but there is better return in the long term, Kerr McInroy is another who springs to mind, I player we could have probably signed full time last summer, but didn`t (I will confess to be not being convinced with him either), Lewis Mayo another. Also Bruce Anderson, a guy we could have probably got back as well...compared to the likes of Chalmers, Ambrose, Lawless etc

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 10:49

If its indeed true we`ve been offered a 6 figure sum for JE then it`s Kerching, thanks and goodbye for me.

Fwiw I dont rate the lad either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 12:05

I thought he was one of the stand outs in the team last season. If he goes, all the best to him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 12:35

Quote:

steaua, Tue 14 Jun 12:05

I thought he was one of the stand outs in the team last season. If he goes, all the best to him.

100% agree. Obviously if we`re being offered 100k we have to take it but in no way does that mean he`s a dud etc.

Frankly there`s folk on here that don`t have the first fkn clue about football

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Tue 14 Jun 12:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 12:55

Played every game last season? Probably our most sellable player atm, very fit lad, quick with great left foot. He’s learned a lot at EEP, and isn’t the finished article, but I see him as having great potential.

A move to England or a higher league here in Scotland would now be a great move for him, and financially, good for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 13:03

Solid enough defensively but offers very little going forward. Would bite their hand off for 100k in current climate.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 13:40

Definitely a player in there - was decent whenever I saw him play. Would be sorry to see him go, but I don`t think we`re in a position to reject a 6 figure sum. No chance would he want to stay knowing offers from the English championship are on the table either. Good luck to him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 14:08

"Solid enough defensively but offers very little going forward. Would bite their hand off for 100k in current climate."

That`s exactly my thoughts. Rarely does he get shown up by an opposition winger and he`s got a lot of pace, but I actually thought we needed an upgrade (if we stayed in the Championship) and wanted challenge for promotion as his delivery in to the box is severely lacking.

I`d be very surprised if he signed for a team in the English Championship. Fair play if he does though and good luck to him. A few seasons in that league and you`re set for life if you`re sensible.

The likes of Derek Fleming and Scott McCulloch must be wishing they were born 25 years later though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 14:17

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 14 Jun 12:35

Quote:

steaua, Tue 14 Jun 12:05

100% agree. Obviously if we`re being offered 100k we have to take it but in no way does that mean he`s a dud etc.

Frankly there`s folk on here that don`t have the first fkn clue about football

About 95%

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 14:52

`The likes of Derek Fleming and Scott McCulloch must be wishing they were born 25 years later though.`

Even Chris McGroarty will be thinking that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 15:19

"as his delivery in to the box is severely lacking."

That`s my thoughts too. rest of his game is decent, he even gets himself into great positions, but the delivery of the final ball is poor.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 15:19

Edwards is a great athlete, and with better coaching and playing with better players his deficiencies can still be improved upon.

I found him quite frustrating, when he was bad he was really, really bad with games where his distribution would just utterly leave him. When he was on song though his give and goes were a great asset.

100k with him having a year left on his contract is frankly a fantastic price, it`s a great move for Edwards and it makes us a more attractive proposition for potential players, what`s not to like? He is replaceable and that fee could pay the wages of three players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YeParss  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 15:30

People calling him a stand out last season need to have a word with themselves. Firstly, given how bad we were last season it wouldnt be saying much to be a stand out in that squad.

I agree Edwards worked hard and seemed to have a good attitude which seems to make him Roberto Carlos in some people`s eyes but lets be honest as an actual footballer he really isnt up to much.

I think he`s a solid Scottish Championship or League 1 player. Nothing more. If we could get 100k for him that would be incredible business for us.

"cool as a cucumber"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 15:33

Quote:

YeParss, Tue 14 Jun 15:30

People calling him a stand out last season need to have a word with themselves. Firstly, given how bad we were last season it wouldnt be saying much to be a stand out in that squad.

I agree Edwards worked hard and seemed to have a good attitude which seems to make him Roberto Carlos in some people`s eyes but lets be honest as an actual footballer he really isnt up to much.

I think he`s a solid Scottish Championship or League 1 player. Nothing more. If we could get 100k for him that would be incredible business for us.

Give it a rest. Who has claimed he`s Roberto Carlos?!?

He`s 22 years old, been a regular in the Championship for 2/3 years and he`s certainly improved in that time. He`s only going to get better IMO. How far that takes him, who knows, but to write him off is silly talk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 15:43

He was our most consistent player in a poor squad. I’ll be sad to see him go but it would be better for the club to get some income for him now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 16:34

"and it makes us a more attractive proposition for potential players"

That`s a good point as well Grant. If players see us developing others and they are moving on to bigger clubs it should hopefully show others they can use us as a stepping stone to bigger things.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 14 Jun 16:44

He’s definitely a good player, but like a few of them last season was hampered by poor management and a poor coaching team, so I’d be loathe to judge on the last season and perhaps the season before.

If we can negotiate a 6 figure fee and a sell on clause then we should bite their hands off, it’d be a good result all round, especially Edwards.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 08:37

I see he was at pre-season training yesterday rather than negotiating terms with his new club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 08:59

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 15 Jun 08:37

I see he was at pre-season training yesterday rather than negotiating terms with his new club.

To be fair, players don’t travel to meet their new club until a deal has been negotiated/agreed these days. It would also be his agent that would be in discussions with the new club, rather than him.

However, it’s worth remembering that, according to the media, Kai Kennedy was attracting West Ham’s interest last summer. He then went on to be poor for us and Hamilton in the Scottish championship. I’d be surprised if this move ever materialised. If they had named an English league 1 or 2 club, I might have believed it. But I can’t imagine Shaun Rooney, who has won two cups in Scotland and proven himself in the top flight, is only good enough to interest Fleetwood and Josh Edwards is interesting Stoke and Preston.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PAR57  
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 09:31

Josh Edwards was spotted outside EEP yesterday with his best dressed suit on....several times....fact....
There must be something up me thinks ?????.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net