DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Supporters Meeting
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 09:42

Wednesday, 22nd June at 7pm in the Purvis Suite at EEP. Only 150 spaces available on a first come, first served basis. Register here...

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Supporters_Meeting_&ID=13808
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Supporters Meeting
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 09:53

Q & A with CEO/Chairman David Cook and new manager James McPake.

Post Edited (Wed 15 Jun 09:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 10:09

I quite enjoyed the last one, even though 50% of it was Yogi talking about spinning plates 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 11:56

I’ll be providing live updates for the meeting, too.

Forgot to mention, KC ~ no discount / mates rates ~ I need to get through this retirement in wan piece….

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 13:29

This should be good always enjoy these
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 13:52

I hope we have some signings in by then to talk about.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 14:19

Got my ticket. Never been before, looking forward to it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 17:12

Only 16 tickets remaining for this.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 17:20

I would like a ticket as well id there`s any left please. Kaiser Chief wrote:

> Only 16 tickets remaining for this.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 17:25

I`ll sort one out for you Marv.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Jun 20:18

The event is now FULLY SUBSCRIBED.

I`ll now open a waiting list so if anyone would like added to that, please contact me on andrew@dafc.co.uk and if I get any cancellations, I`ll get in touch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 10:13

Thank You Drew.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 09:16

I’ve got three tickets for tonight but my two mates can no longer make it (covid).
Is there a way I can pass my two spares on to the waiting list? Cheers

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 09:20

i`d be interested if your looking to shift one cleveland. Was out the country last week and missed them becoming available

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 10:07

If you can no longer make the meeting tonight, please email me and I can then allocate them to people on the waiting list. Also email me if you`d like to be added to the waiting list. Thanks.

andrew@dafc.co.uk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 11:29

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Wed 22 Jun 09:20

i`d be interested if your looking to shift one cleveland. Was out the country last week and missed them becoming available

Unluckeeeee
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 11:33

2 tickets available for this and no one on the waiting list. Head over to the Eventbrite page if you want to book them.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/supporters-meeting-tickets-366819225177
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 13:19

Fans attending meeting tonight will get an exclusive first look of the new kit and it will be on social media shortly after.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 14:48

Thanks to those of you who have contacted me to say you can no longer make it tonight. Everyone who was on the waiting list has now been allocated a ticket. There are currently 3 tickets still available.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 18:30

I thought I would leave this one out, not much a new manager can really say that we’ve not heard from the last two

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating, as the last two (or three or four) were all able to talk a good game I will wait to see how we do on the pitch

Anyone could rock up and say things fans want to hear before a ball is kicked, it’s all just bluster until the action starts

Not having a go at the club in any way but following on from the others people get excited then deflated when the results don’t materialise. Good luck to the new management team I hope this time we’ve managed to get it right, even the law of averages must be in our favour at some stage

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 18:43

Hope someone brings up the expensive prices in legends!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsYob  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 18:58

Quote:

gthyde, Wed 22 Jun 18:43

Your hands never in yer pocket in there anyway ha ha
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 18:59

Quote:

ParsYob, Wed 22 Jun 18:58

Quote:

gthyde, Wed 22 Jun 18:43

Your hands never in yer pocket in there anyway ha ha

Cause I can’t afford it!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 23:21

So what was the overall impression of those who attended the meeting?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Thu 23 Jun 13:28

I see this may have been answered on the other thread.

I thought it a little low key but generally positive.

As 1970par suggests, I would discount much of what any new manager says. However my key takeaways were that he mentioned hard work being a sine qua non (although he didn’t use this exact phrase)(!) and his preferred formation was 4-3-3 although he would have to have alternatives. In particular he said that he didn’t like playing with a lone striker – he would always have company. Getting the ball forward and quickly was his preferred method.

David Cook yet again emphasised that he wanted to get back to winning “games of football” particularly when asked if promotion was the aim – essentially avoiding setting an explicit target. He does talk a little bit like you’d imagine a marketing executive would.

With regard to player recruitment, they seem to be open-minded about loans and players from oversees – I suspect we have to await the Premiership clubs deciding who they can loan out and let go and thence for the ensuing domino effect. There was a hint that perhaps we had 1 too many strikers now Wighton (whom McPake rates) is back in the fold.

One or two other observations:

McPake seemed keen to emphasise his experience as player and coach (and that of his assistant) possibly because he was unsure how he would be accepted.

The Academy at Rosyth seems to be the big issue (I wonder to what extent problems here meant eyes were taken off the ball as it were, last season).

There was a brief flash of irritation when someone asked “who for” when it was announced that the bounce game against Hill of Beath had finished 3-0. That may illustrate a disconnect between the fans and the footballing side – the fans half-expect us to lose to everyone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 23 Jun 16:44

"There was a brief flash of irritation when someone asked “who for” when it was announced that the bounce game against Hill of Beath had finished 3-0. That may illustrate a disconnect between the fans and the footballing side – the fans half-expect us to lose to everyone"

In fairness it did turn jovial and maybe a reminder of just how low the expectations of fans are. There were 2/3 questions after this where Mr McPake as well as Mr Cook led by saying we need to forget whats happened previously and acknowlege the clean slate/fresh start. Talking about how indepth he spoke to players like Wighton to set expectations about him coming in etc.

These things can often be disingenuous but signalling it will be him making appearances after a bad performance or poor result etc shows he will take responsibility something that seemed very lacking in previous regimes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 23 Jun 17:00

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Thu 23 Jun 13:28

I thought it a little low key but generally positive.

David Cook ......... does talk a little bit like you’d imagine a marketing executive would.

McPake seemed keen to emphasise his experience as player and coach (and that of his assistant) possibly because he was unsure how he would be accepted.

I agree with these points. There wasn`t really a lot of hard information given that wasn`t already in the public domain, eg the financial effect of relegation, the targets for the season, recruitment plans, even the club captaincy.

But overall the impression I got was that the two guys were absolutely sincere in their desire for DAFC to do well and their intention to work their socks off to achieve this. TBH it is very much in both their interests for this to come true.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net