DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 One rule for Rangers…
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 11:36

You would think the SPFL would’ve checked with all its members that they were happy with the cinch deal before signing a contract?

Rangers excused from SPFL cinch sponsorship after new deal is agreed https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61816030

Post Edited (Thu 16 Jun 11:48)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: One rule for Rangers…
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 11:48

Quote:

Zimbo, Thu 16 Jun 11:36

You would think the SPFL would’ve checked with all its members that they were happy with the cinch deal before signing a contract?

Rangers excused from SPFL cinch sponsorship after new deal is agreed https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61816030

They did and Rangers objected at the time but the morons in charge pressed ahead. They also won a court case on it. I`m no fan of Rangers at all but this time it`s not their fault.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 12:34

Not their fault aye that will be right one good thing cinch got more publicity but as usual the rangers don’t have to advertise it next season but still get a share of the pot I’m sure that’s fair my a@@e.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 12:45

I disagree with the OP…

Rangers want to play in the league system, league sponsors and all.

If rangers are stupid enough to be signing exclusivity deals that reach outside their own control then that’s on them, and they should take the financial hit.
Yes say to their sponsor that we won’t sign up any competitors, but that would naturally exclude any sponsorship deals that the SPFL sign…
If you were to take that idea to it’s natural end point, that would mean that every single sponsor from every single club (and all of their competitors) are no-go for the Football authorities to raise funds through their own sponsorship.

Post Edited (Thu 16 Jun 13:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 12:46

Quote:

FRED1981, Thu 16 Jun 12:34

Not their fault aye that will be right one good thing cinch got more publicity but as usual the rangers don’t have to advertise it next season but still get a share of the pot I’m sure that’s fair my a@@e.

Seeing as they get the money from the spfl and not cinch, then yeah, perfectly fair, the problem was with the advertising of a rival company when they were already being sponsored by another.

No doubt about it , Doncaster and his band have totally fecked this from the start .....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 12:51

Fair point well made DBP.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 12:54

Yeh, agree with DBP on this one.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 13:08

Quote:

DBP, Thu 16 Jun 12:45

I disagree with the OP…

Rangers want to play in the league system, league sponsors and all.

If rangers are stupid enough to be signing exclusivity deals that reach outside their own control then that’s on them, and they should take the financial hit.
Yes say to their sponsor that we won’t sign up any competitors, but that would naturally exclude any sponsorship deals that the SPFL sign…
If you were to take that idea to it’s natural and point, that would mean that every single sponsor from every single club (and all of their competitors) are no-go for the Football authorities to raise funds through their own sponsorship.

No it wouldn`t it would only be where an exclusivity deal exists. There are no restrictions in the League rules that prohibit exclusive sponsorship deals so Rangers haven`t overstepped their reach or done anything stupid.

What is stupid however is to:

Begin negotiations on a deal but quickly be told that one club won`t adhere to it as they already have an existing contract that prohibits promoting competitors,

Continue anyway and ask for any objections,

Be told the same point by the same club ,

Continue signing the deal anyway,

Have said member refuse to comply,

Loose a court case on it and have to renegotiate the deal and exclude the member from displaying the sponsorship whilst still handing over money for something they aren`t promoting as part of the league structure.

It`s the same rules for every club as the rules are published.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 14:25

Aye, this is all on Dungcaster and the waster at the SPFL. The cinch deal is a stinker for Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 15:50

Disagree London,

SPFL should be free to obtain sponsorship from who they like regardless of any individual clubs sponsors.

If rangers don’t want to accept the league sponsors and therefore not play in the SPFL then that’s on them and their negotiations with their sponsors.
You can’t have them or any other team dictating to the governing body or unilaterally deciding not to adhere to certain rules or conditions.
So from my perspective, more fool rangers for signing exclusivity outside of their control and even more fool the SPFL for not standing firm

Post Edited (Thu 16 Jun 15:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 15:57

Should we refuse to promote Cinch given Maklin are one of our sponsors?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 17:03

You`re obviously free to disagree if you want but that`s not how the rules of the league are constructed hence the reason Rangers won their court case in which they`ve not been too prolific at in the past. If you want that set up then the League would have to vote those changes in.

In response to your question Jake I`ve got no idea what the connercial terms of that deal are and if there was any exclusivity restriction, would our sponsor be prepared to waive it. In general terms I`d expect us to abide by League rules and the contracts we sign.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 17:05

Sorry you`ve edited your post since I read it - I had typed this on a break at work and not hit send.

The thing is Rangers haven`t breached the rules that`s the whole point so it`s not fool them and the SPFL didn`t capitulate they went to court and lost.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 17:13

I have got one point wrong - I thought I`d read ages ago that the court case confirmed they were right but it was on the technicality of allowing Parks to participate so the SPFL haven`t lost but I think when I read the rules when this first surfaced it looked like the SPFL didn`t have much of a case so I`d assumed Rangers had wone so potentially still up for debate if the SPFL pursue it. Apologies.

Post Edited (Thu 16 Jun 17:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 17:53

You couldn’t make it up now Park wants an apology from the SPFL the usual pash coming out of IBROKES it’s always us nobody likes us we don’t care .If they had there way they would run the game in Scotland and say feck to the rest of us and do what your told.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 18:33

No-one likes them. Disgusting organisation.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 18:39

da_no_1 wrote:

> No-one likes them. Disgusting organisation.
>
>

I beg to differ Neil Smug git Doncaster appears to like them a lot.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 18:39

Don`t need a court case on that point.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 18:55

I guess the thousands of fans that they have must like them......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 19:26

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Thu 16 Jun 18:55

Doesn`t mean we have to. Also doesn`t mean we have to support them when they progress in Europe either.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 19:59

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 16 Jun 19:26

Quote:

Doesn`t mean we have to. Also doesn`t mean we have to support them when they progress in Europe either.

I can`t quite see where that has been said on this thread........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 20:05

Title suggests it`s one rule for Rangers but it`s not the rule applies to any club within the SPFL and is published.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 22:04

I`ve not looking into this case closely, but if the courts have ruled in their favour then legally they must be in the right.
It is a bit of a strange one though, what if every club in the SPFL had signed an exclusivity deal with a company and part of the terms of that contract meant they wouldn`t take part in promoting any other company in the same field. That would surely be a problem in lining up any league sponsorship deal?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 22:39

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Thu 16 Jun 19:59

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah fair point. Suppose I can spot a closet currant bun a mile off.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 07:27

I have no time for Parks. My grandfather was a miner in the General Strike and as such I cannot buy or use any company that helps strike breakers.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 13:36

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 16 Jun 22:39

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Thu 16 Jun 19:59

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah fair point. Suppose I can spot a closet currant bun a mile off.

Can you ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 19:22

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 16 Jun 22:04

I`ve not looking into this case closely, but if the courts have ruled in their favour then legally they must be in the right.
It is a bit of a strange one though, what if every club in the SPFL had signed an exclusivity deal with a company and part of the terms of that contract meant they wouldn`t take part in promoting any other company in the same field. That would surely be a problem in lining up any league sponsorship deal?

Suspect it will be down to amateurish construction of the league rules. I cannot for one second imagine the same scenario happening down south where top lawyers will have defined everything to the finest degree whereas the up here likely would use a Glasgow equivalent of W

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net