DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 James McPake interview on Youtube
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 16 Jun 20:53

He says he has signing targets but doesn`t seem to be panicking that only two have been fixed up so far.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: James McPake interview on Youtube
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 01:45

"You`re going to see a high-paced football team that is going to give everything..."

Yes, that will do nicely. And we`ll hold you to that, James.

It is such a relief to listen to a Pars manager whose voice doesn`t grate on the senses, who speaks in a straightforward and compelling manner, who comes across as easily relatable, and is not driven by an over-inflated ego.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 06:00

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 17 Jun 01:45

"You`re going to see a high-paced football team that is going to give everything..."

Yes, that will do nicely. And we`ll hold you to that, James.

It is such a relief to listen to a Pars manager whose voice doesn`t grate on the senses, who speaks in a straightforward and compelling manner, who comes across as easily relatable, and is not driven by an over-inflated ego.

COYP!

I think he is going to have to go some to get some of the team from last season to change to that style. I am ever hopeful. Looking forward to it as I suspect he wouldn’t have said it without understanding his players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 07:09

The style last season certainly didn`t look like it suited them so might not be as hard as you think.

I`m not concerned either with lack of signings. Not been in job long and preseason only just started this week he needs time to assess what he has and how they are on training pitch before signing players. I would imagine our budget is a lot lower than last season. Needs to get it right. Players moving about just now are the usual merry go round of players.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 09:53

It`s maybe a bit childish, but the bit I liked about his interview is he called us Dunfermline Athletic..... All the previous managers, Craw included, would call us Dunfermline football club... It always bugs me.... 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par in Luzern  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 22:58

I like the cut of his jib and don’t know much about his career so far. He seems to be quite a realist and doesn’t gibber a load of fantasy fitba in the manner of his predecessors. We might be on to a good thing with this lad. Hopefully he has some good signings lined up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 23:41

Contract dates that expired recently will have had a major bearing on potential signings. We will have limited funding for squad building and any transfer fee would have been tactically avoided to allow sign on fees and wages.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Sat 18 Jun 10:50

It`s in he Courier today that he`s playing as down as favorites to win league. Who can blame him? The players we have kept were hopeless last year. Falkirk are far better positioned by bringing in McGlynn and the players that they have imo. If we have a good season (top 2 or promotion) he will have proved himself a good manager indeed.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 18 Jun 11:40

Quote:

xgatesmafia, Sat 18 Jun 10:50

It`s in he Courier today that he`s playing as down as favorites to win league. Who can blame him? The players we have kept were hopeless last year. Falkirk are far better positioned by bringing in McGlynn and the players that they have imo. If we have a good season (top 2 or promotion) he will have proved himself a good manager indeed.

Falkirk finished with a lower points total than we did than when we finished 7th in league one. If they`re in a better position it`s because they have appointed a far better manager.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sun 19 Jun 00:37

Did I hear him say they players were looking great in training? ;)

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net