DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fixtures
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 09:02

Alloa at home, first game
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fixtures
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 09:05

Two Alloa games at home in a row on saturdays. Should have seen that coming.

Good omen though, we had a similar thing v cowdenbeath last season in league one and went on to be champions!

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 09:12

July 30: Alloa Athletic (H)

August 6: FC Edinburgh (A)

August 13: Montrose (H)

August 20: Kelty Hearts (A)

August 27: Airdrie (H)

September 3: Queen of the South (A)

September 10: Clyde (A)

September 17: Falkirk (H)

October 1: Peterhead (H)

October 8: Alloa Athletic (A)

October 15: FC Edinburgh (H)

October 22: Montrose (A)

October 29: Kelty Hearts (H)

November 5: Falkirk (A)

November 12: Clyde (H)

November 19: Peterhead (A)

December 3: Queen of the South (H)

December 17: Airdrie (A)

December 24: Kelty Hearts (A)

January 2: Falkirk (H)

January 7: FC Edinburgh (A)

January 14: Peterhead (H)

January 28: Clyde (A)

February 4: Montrose (H)

February 18: Airdrie (H)

February 25: Queen of the South (A)

March 4: Alloa Athletic (H)

March 11: Peterhead (A)

March 18: FC Edinburgh (H)

March 25: Montrose (A)

April 1: Kelty Hearts (H)

April 8: Falkirk (A)

April 15: Queen of the South (H)

April 22: Airdrie (A)

April 29: Clyde (H)

May 6: Alloa Athletic (A)

Post Edited (Fri 17 Jun 09:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: adampar1  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 09:27

I’ve never understand why the lower leagues don’t have fixtures on Boxing Day given that day historically gets the largest attendance of the season.

Playing on Xmas eve when folk will no doubt still be rushing about getting things ready for Xmas and so many will be unlikely to attend is madness

Probably also an argument that you could stick another fixture in between Xmas and New Year. Would get much higher attendance than say Jan or Feb.

Scottish football really doesn’t help itself sometimes!

Post Edited (Fri 17 Jun 09:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 09:40

Quote:

adampar1, Fri 17 Jun 09:27

I’ve never understand why the lower leagues don’t have fixtures on Boxing Day given that day historically gets the largest attendance of the season.

Playing on Xmas eve when folk will no doubt still be rushing about getting things ready for Xmas and so many will be unlikely to attend is madness

It’s a terrible decision. People with young families don’t have time to go to the football on Christmas Eve. Likewise, a lot of people travel to see family at Christmas time and would set off on Christmas Eve. Which reduces attendances even further. This is another reason attendances are boosted in Boxing Day, as people come home for the holidays. Plus, people want something to do on Boxing Day, they don’t have the same issue on Christmas Eve!

It feels like the lower leagues are stuck with this, because that’s what they had to do in the top flight. Having no games between Christmas Eve and 2nd January is awful. As you say, that’s when attendances are highest.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 09:58

Presumably clubs can reschedule Christmas Eve fixtures to Boxing Day if both clubs agree?

In a league of only 10 teams you would think it would be relatively easy to arrange the fixtures so that teams play each other in the same sequence over the four quarters of the season but it`s bizarre that we play Alloa at home in our first game and Alloa away in our last game. That means we have a five-month gap between our second and third games against them!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 10:05

Well Im looking at that and I just cant stop myself thinking, put a wad on the title.
Yeah I know.... but canny help it. I just dont see a threat.
Bet the odds are not encouraging.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 10:24

Parrot shut up min have you no learned a lesson yet lol.

I`m still spewing that we`re in an actual league campaign with kelty, Edinburgh, Peterhead, Clyde etc...fkn criminal.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: adampar1  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 10:26

Wee Eck - Clubs can rearrange from Xmas Eve to Boxing day if both clubs agree. However, realistically there is no real motivation for the away club to do so as it doesn’t have an impact on their finances given the home club get all the gate receipts

Post Edited (Fri 17 Jun 10:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 10:27

Kelty fer Christmas bless ~ the Santa mini dress will go doon a treat on the 7B!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 10:39

import fixtures to your calander

https://dafc.co.uk/fixtures.php?SID=First+Team

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 10:49

Any word on more friendlies

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 10:49

"Presumably clubs can reschedule Christmas Eve fixtures to Boxing Day if both clubs agree?"

Yes they can, wee eck, but there`s no incentive for the away team to do so, since they don`t benefit financially from a bigger gate and the players will probably prefer to play on Christmas eve, so they can relax and enjoy Christmas day and dinner.

I remember Ross McArthur telling us at a Supporters Meeting that he agreed with the Chairmen of both Falkirk and Raith to move the Christmas and New Year fixtures BEFORE they were published, so that the away team could not then back down.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 10:53

Last time we played Clyde on the second last game of the season 😱. Pretty nervous stuff. Hope we are well clear in the lead at that time!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 11:31

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 17 Jun 09:58

Presumably clubs can reschedule Christmas Eve fixtures to Boxing Day if both clubs agree?

In a league of only 10 teams you would think it would be relatively easy to arrange the fixtures so that teams play each other in the same sequence over the four quarters of the season but it`s bizarre that we play Alloa at home in our first game and Alloa away in our last game. That means we have a five-month gap between our second and third games against them!

BBC News - How do you compile a fixture list in Scotland?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61812503

An insight into the intricacies of making the fixtures in Scottish football

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 12:16

I appreciate there are a lot of factors to consider but most of those mentioned in that article would only affect Premiership clubs. Ground-sharing did occur to me though. Are Alloa ground-sharing with anyone this season?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 12:34

Are Clyde not ground sharing with Stenny, Edinburgh FC may still be sharing with Spartans

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 12:59

clyde are at Hamilton
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 13:45

Queens park sharing at Stenny for a while

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 14:02

"Last time we played Clyde on the second last game of the season 😱. Pretty nervous stuff. Hope we are well clear in the lead at that time!"

Are you talking about the game back in 1989 when Westie walked the ball back into his own goal...? I remember it well. Big crowd, sunny day and a sense of huge expectation. In the end we were lucky to come away with a draw.

We should know by now that the Pars rarely sort things out early... 9 times out of 10, they will take things right to the wire.

Post Edited (Fri 17 Jun 14:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 14:38

I don`t think I can remember a sesason when we`ve had the same sets of fixtures in exactly the same order, 4 times in a row; that alone probably says that it isn`t quite that simple. I can remember two seasons where we`ve started and finished against the same opponents (Airdrie in 95/96 and Falkirk in 10/11) and happily we finished top of our league in both.

The most obvious thing is that every club has to start the season home-away or away-home, and also finish with one of those combinations. Therefore, to have the same set of fixtures 4 times in a row would mean every club starting and finishing every quarter home-away or away-home, which would be very restrictive. Add in requests from clubs who I think can make one fixture request per season (asking to be at home or away on a particular date), having sensible fixtures at new year which will draw the biggest crowds (we were always going to have Falkirk this year) and not having the same clubs with 2 away fixtures in a row every time, and I think it`s completely unrealistic to want the same sets of fixtures 4 times in a row, even at this level.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 15:16

Socks, Fri 17 Jun 14:38

I think it`s completely unrealistic to want the same sets of fixtures 4 times in a row, even at this level.

I get that but I remember when we were last in League 1, the card was not identical when a round of fixtures was repeated. I never understood how that came about. I posted this on here but nobody came up with a plausible explanation.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 16:41

Quote:

Gaz3822, Fri 17 Jun 10:24

Parrot shut up min have you no learned a lesson yet lol.

I`m still spewing that we`re in an actual league campaign with kelty, Edinburgh, Peterhead, Clyde etc...fkn criminal.

I’m with you… will be like watching Sunday pub league
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 17:40

Just shy of 13,000 at the game with Clyde, then the same the week after v meadowbank !!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 17:46

then the season after, our average home gate (including cup games) was just less than 13,000…….our biggest average gate on record…….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 18:31

On the subject of Xmas Eve vs Boxing Day, I know they wont get a say but I`d be surprised if the players wouldn`t prefer Xmas Eve so they can go on to enjoy Xmas with their families.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 19:15

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 17 Jun 14:02

"Last time we played Clyde on the second last game of the season 😱. Pretty nervous stuff. Hope we are well clear in the lead at that time!"

Are you talking about the game back in 1989 when Westie walked the ball back into his own goal...? I remember it well. Big crowd, sunny day and a sense of huge expectation. In the end we were lucky to come away with a draw.

We should know by now that the Pars rarely sort things out early... 9 times out of 10, they will take things right to the wire.

It was indeed. Lots of groans when Westie done it but happy days in the end. And Clyde stayed up too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 19:29

Topic Originator: PARrot like
Date: Fri 17 Jun 10:05

Well Im looking at that and I just cant stop myself thinking, put a wad on the title.
Yeah I know.... but canny help it. I just dont see a threat.
Bet the odds are not encouraging.

O’Hara - Wighton - Todorov - McCann
I’m sure our opponents don’t see a threat either. :-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 21:23

I mind skelping Ayr 5-1 on Christmas Eve 89. Canny mind a game on the 24th since?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par4life  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 21:40

3-0 at home to St J in c2012, featuring a Chris Smith masterclass

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 21:44

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 17 Jun 21:23

I mind skelping Ayr 5-1 on Christmas Eve 89. Canny mind a game on the 24th since?

I mind that game. Was that the last season with the old wooden seats in the main stand?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 17 Jun 22:32

Quote:

Lambo1885, Fri 17 Jun 21:44

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 17 Jun 21:23

I mind that game. Was that the last season with the old wooden seats in the main stand?

Yeah think so. Winker scored an absolute classic header. Very hazy recollection

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 18 Jun 00:34

Yon Kelty widtinks are getting awfy cocky and a baws no even been kicked hope we take 12 points off them this season mibby knock them back doon a peg

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net