DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Questions for Supporters Meeting
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 20 Jun 23:54

If you are unable to attend on Wednesday I will endeavour to ask questions on your behalf.

Please post your questions below. Please don’t make them too long or I’ll be limited on how many I can ask within the time given. Also, please only use this thread today (Tuesday).

Thanks.

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jun 00:01)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 09:46

I`ve been a season card holder for more years than I can remember but I think I`m going to pass on one this year. It`s a really hard thing to do but increasing old age and the increase in travel costs (for me it will now be over £20 petrol money per game) means that I will miss out on too many games. Although it`s not the same as being at the match, the streaming option over the last couple of seasons has been a godsend and I`ve even seen far more away games than I`ve done for years - putting more money into clubs. If streaming was to be back on I would renew my season right away.
So my question is Buffy - what is the likelihood of streaming being allowed in League 1 this coming season?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 10:41

Thanks Buffy, looking forward to the updates!

Question from me is May we have an update regarding the new training facility. How are the renovations/improvements progressing, and when will it be fully operational.

Thank you.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 11:02

Topic Originator: KnebworthPar
Date: Tue 21 Jun 10:41

Thanks Buffy, looking forward to the updates!

Question from me is May we have an update regarding the new training facility. How are the renovations/improvements progressing, and when will it be fully operational.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No artificial pitch/pitches i`m hearing. Passed this morning not much seems to be going on. Would also like to hear an update.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 11:10

update regarding the training facility already available via official website
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AbuBarrie  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 11:12

Hi Lorna, I hope you can get a positive answer re streaming.
I have Parkinsonism and can barely walk.
Season ticket last season helped see home games on Pars TV

Thanks, Bill Whitehall

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 11:14

Bannerpar, I am one of the volunteers who work for Pars TV. As yet we have had no information from league bosses as to whether we can stream to the UK or not. Trust me though, we want to.

Lorna I think you should still ask the question and let them know how many want it.

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jun 11:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 11:18

Sorry to hear that Bill, please take care. X
I’m hoping club streaming would continue too, but I think it’s the contract with Sky that’s the problem. It’s s a good income stream for clubs, of all sizes, it would be a shame imo to halt it for home viewers.

I will ask, of course.

Keep them coming folks 😊

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 12:16

Having read the above comment about sky tv contract, I’d be interested in knowing how many games are likely to be moved from Saturday - can’t really make mid week games which means my ST hasn’t been value for money last few years (although ability to match replays via streams would be good)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 12:51

Wouldn`t imagine any games will be moved this season DBP apart from postponements due to weather etc - League 1 isn`t televised anywhere except the play offs.

Absolutely agree that streaming should continue if possible for people who can`t make games in person for whatever reason👍🏼

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 13:13

https://www.live-footballontv.com/football-tv-blackout-rule-uk.html
Hope this helps with regards the rules over streaming etc.
It`s a UEFA rule/option which the UK are the only ones to use.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 13:21

Would be interesting to know exactly where we stand with Brexit and the ability to bring in foreign players.
Has it caused any issues so far, is it potentially going to cause us issues getting foreign talent.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Digs  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 13:43

Would be interesting to know exactly where we stand with Brexit and the ability to bring in foreign players.
Has it caused any issues so far, is it potentially going to cause us issues getting foreign talent.

That was asked and answered at the last one. The upshot is that the obstacles have now been removed from a Home Office/Brexit point of view and there are processes in place to allow this that won`t be determined by how many international caps players have which was the original criteria.

Stair Maistreas na Beatha
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SteviePar  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 13:56

Re the streaming for people unable to attend due to mobility issues. Is this maybe something that can be raised to the SPFL by the club. The streaming during the pandemic probably gave access to people who would otherwise be unable to attend.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 14:28

I`d like to know when the joma contract runs out.

Any plans to improve legends maybe revert back to membership to allow the reintroduction of various sports channels, competent staff , reasonable priced beer and a good quality product ( will Charlie D be open next season)

Can meggle job be explained in more detail is he the one involved with recruitment.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 15:44

Quote:

Digs, Tue 21 Jun 13:43

That was asked and answered at the last one. The upshot is that the obstacles have now been removed from a Home Office/Brexit point of view and there are processes in place to allow this that won`t be determined by how many international caps players have which was the original criteria.

Excellent, thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 16:12

Another vote for making streaming available for season ticket holders l really appreciated it last year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Belizepar  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 16:29

Again, another streaming query. Have had a season ticket, used ParsTV a reasonable amount last year. Will miss first 2 home games as on holiday. ST `only` £149 this season, but does it enable me to see first 2 games and any others during season?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 17:08

Will the club we looking to improve on their sponsorship packages (so they are not all aimed at larger company’s, smaller business want to be involved too ) last few seasons have felt short changed with player sponsorship (no social media mentions, no event, no frames tops like most clubs do) literally name in programme and top in the post (not even the right top lol)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 17:33

I think the streaming questions would probably be better answered by those involved with ParsTV unless the Club can answer on their behalf. I’ll ask anyway.

Cheers Steve (I presume you’re ParfectXI)

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 18:34

1) Will Sammy the Tammy be back next season?

2) What will Thomas Meggle’s role be and what will an average week look like for him?

3) Is there any plans to improve the match day experience at EEP:

- open more turnstiles ?
- more efficient catering services ? (Particularly in NW)
- improve the tannoy system ?
- play some different music at games ?
- more £5 ticketed games ?

4) Is there plans for an ‘open day’ this year? If so, can we get back to the old days when it was on the pitch with numerous child oriented activities making it a proper day out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 18:49

Did any player sign a pre-contract with another club before the end of the season?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 18:49

Can you ask if they`re going to get the stewards to stop just letting folk through the big gate when their phone/home printed tickets are rejected at the turnstile?

It`s a system very easy to abuse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 18:53

Is our first-team squad going to be up to full strength in time for the first competitive game of the season?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 20:17

Hi there, There’s 2 Steve’s at Pars TV, Camera guy Steve and Video mixer/graphics/keep it all running Steve and I’m the second one.

As for your questions, I doubt very much that ST’s will be valid for matches since it’s more than likely going to be for overseas viewers only. So if you are showing as in the UK you won’t be able to watch the stream.

We have been told we can stream the Killie Friendly and possibly the Premier Sports games to the UK (needs confirmation)

I have put through a few suggestions to the club and Brian about how we can better support the fanbase who can’t get to the game, but I’m awaiting answers/agreements etc.

Unfortunately without having official news from the league it’s still all a bit in the air (and still a bit hopeful common sense will prevail)

Post Edited (Tue 21 Jun 22:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 20:35

BA - did ye miss the bit where I said keep yer questions short 😂

I’ll be needing an extra twa hours at this rate!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigbeefcake  
Date:   Tue 21 Jun 22:38

What, if anything, is being done to tempt the supporters back that stopped attending because they have been left scunnered by the boards ill-judged statements and terrible decisions in recent times?

It`s another big beefy bonanza at the beefcake boulevard!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 07:49

Competitive season ticket pricing, more output on social media, new manager, promising new signings (hopefully with more to come), recognition of the importance of the boys in the North West...

That`s in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 08:32

How much of a financial hit have we took due to last season? Getting rid of 2 managers, relegation, big squad etc?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 09:03

Quote:

Bigbeefcake, Tue 21 Jun 22:38

What, if anything, is being done to tempt the supporters back that stopped attending because they have been left scunnered by the boards ill-judged statements and terrible decisions in recent times?

Absolutely nothing. We haven’t restructured the board of directors. We’ve kept the same manager, we’ve given all of the players new contracts. We’ve not reduced prices for u21s at East End to help create an atmosphere. We haven’t added new incentives for season ticket holders. We haven’t organised a free supporters council event tonight. We didn’t organise a fixture release breakfast, where fans could interact with players/manager. We haven’t increased social media output, to try and engage with fans at all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BerkshirePar  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 09:17

Having been relegated, there will now be no live radio coverage of any Pars games, not even on Open Mics.

A few years ago Pars TV broadcast match Radio coverage, £12 for the season. Could this be considered?

Alternatively Radio West Fife broadcast home games a few years ago. Could this be an option?

Otherwise it`s watching the scores with Jeff Stelling.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 10:08

Quote:

Having been relegated, there will now be no live radio coverage of any Pars games, not even on Open Mics.

where did you hear that ? so far nothing has been said about it as waiting for word from SPFL. do you mean by the BBC ?

Post Edited (Wed 22 Jun 10:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 10:23

Is there anyway the tannoy system can be improved?

It’s absolutely awful on match days. It’s not loud enough in the main stand.

You go to other grounds and the music is blaring. They have to make it feel more like a football game/event and not like a funeral.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 10:37

"Topic Originator: brian like
Date: Wed 22 Jun 10:08

Quote:

where did you hear that ? so far nothing has been said about it as waiting for word from SPFL. do you mean by the BBC ?"

I think he means Open All Mics will still be on - we just won`t one of the games they`re reporting from - they don`t usually have anyone at League 1 games.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 10:59

thanks

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 11:22

Please delete.

Post Edited (Wed 22 Jun 11:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: stevie7426  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 11:43

I don`t think BerkshirePar had heard anything, he was just the stating the obvious. There will be no radio coverage of Pars games next season. Agree maybe its something Pars TV could look at and a potential added income stream for the club. Good idea !

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 15:32

Par91 - think it was a fair question from bigbeefcake and the tone of your response was a bit unnecessary given I kinda feel the same way as the person who asked it.

if I breakdown the items you listed my perspective, you may see the question in a new light - I`m not trying to be negative with my response, but just want to show that for me, there`s nothing really to make me race down to the club shop

Absolutely nothing. We haven’t restructured the board of directors.
I couldn`t really tell you who`s all on the board, what good/bad decisions they made, or the track record of any new board members, so that wouldn`t mean a whole lot to me in terms of whether I renew and spend £329 this year on an ST

We’ve kept the same manager, we’ve given all of the players new contracts.
obviously we`ve changed the manager, but apart from hearing on this site about a few players who have gone - I`m not 100% sure the make up of the new team (and in truth, half the names I`ve heard don`t mean that much to me as football is something I enjoy watching, but don`t spend all my free time remembering who`s played where, how they got on the last time they played us, etc). what I do know is they will be playing in the third tier of Scottish fitba

We’ve not reduced prices for u21s at East End to help create an atmosphere.
I agree that`s a good thing, but I`m not u21, don`t go along with anyone u21 and I would argue that the same set of u21`s will be there next year creating an atmosphere (and TBH, they`re one of the best bits about EEP at the minute)

We haven’t added new incentives for season ticket holders.
I`ve read through them and will comment as follows:
Reduced pricing for cup games (where opposition team agrees) - no guarantee then
- Priority access to match tickets for any cup, play-off, and away matches (where applicable) - don`t go to away games very often and "where applicable" again suggests no guarantee
- Season Ticket exclusive discount events in the DAFC Shop (too old for strips and only items I buy are very low value, e.g. a scarf each year)
- Half price room hire at East End Park on functions for more than 75 people (no use to me)
- Exclusive competitions to win hospitality upgrades and merchandise (I agree that could be good)
- Invitation to attend a first team training session held at East End Park (no interest to me)
- A selection of promotional offers from club partners and suppliers (no real interest to me)

We haven’t organised a free supporters council event tonight. (don`t even know what the objective of that meeting was, but I`m busy most midweek nights with other hobbies anyway - looks like that was a Wed night where I take the dog to her dog training classes and then afterwards compete in a sim-racing league

We didn’t organise a fixture release breakfast, where fans could interact with players/manager. (I work so couldn`t attend and the whole bacon roll thing put me off from the start as a veggie

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 15:45

I guess the quick response is that it`s difficult to tailor everything to fit in with your lifestyle.

The point is that things have improved from the club in the last 4 weeks. It`s been quite obvious. Of course it won`t directly affect absolutely everyone, but that`s difficult to do.

Regardless, we need everyone we can through the turnstiles. Hopefully the fact that the club are trying to do some positive things is enough for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 15:52

Agree with comments by The Boss. I am at the back of the North West, and can`t hear a thing on match days, just a muffled noise, which is very frustrating.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 16:23

You need to come into the Norrie, can`t have a decent conversation without shouting!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFCinBK  
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 16:50

From the questions everyone is asking I assume this is not a Q and A with the manager, but if McPake is there I would like to hear him answer what difference we can expect in the way his team is set up to what we saw last season. He has said it will be quick, which is encouraging. Does that mean high press, breaking fast, 4-3-3?? Just curious.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 16:51

DBP, that’s fair enough. But, at this stage, what more are people expecting to encourage them to return? As I say, we’ve got rid of the old manager and brought in someone new. We’re still in the process of building the new squad. Panicking and signing lots of players early wouldn’t exactly be a great idea either.

I mentioned the board changes and the fact we publicly announced a full review was taking place, as it shows that they are working to get things right. What more do you expect right now?

The u21 fans are the future of our Fanbase and currently create the atmosphere. Although the pricing doesn’t directly benefit you, we should get the rewards of a better atmosphere at games, which makes for a better experience, in my opinion.

Just because all of the individual things that have been done aren’t for you, doesn’t mean they haven’t done anything. The question was worded as if it doesn’t look like anything has been done and that is quite clearly not the case. In fact, I would ask what other clubs have done that we haven’t, to encourage fans to come back?

Also, the “where applicable” on cup/away tickets is clearly for the smaller venues (Kelty, FC Edinburgh etc) where demand is likely to be greater than supply. So yes, it’s a clear benefit that season ticket holders get priority. So I don’t know why you seem to be saying it might not happen. That’s not new though, and is there every year.

Exclusive discount events, access to a training session, exclusive competitions and exclusive offers from partners obviously aren’t for everyone, but they’re still incentives that have been added to encourage people to come along. Refusing to acknowledge that they’re doing things because it doesn’t benefit you in particular is just being ignorant and if the question I referred to was asked, then the person answering would likely just list everything I have, then more.

What encourages fans to turn up is winning games of football. At this stage, we can’t do that when there are no games. I don’t know what more people are expecting the club to be doing to attract fans to return just now?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 16:58

I guess one quick question would be whether we expect a new coaching team to be in place fairly imminently?

First competitive game is in 2 weeks and, from the sounds of things, Shields’ main role is with the academy going forward so we need coaches in pretty quickly. There were reports that an assistant was close to being appointed last week, so I was hoping for news on that front.

I would also wonder if we could get an update on when the training base is expected to be fully functional/open. Can’t be ideal having players travelling to McKane for training, then to EEP for the gym work. That may be answered in the general update though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 17:03

Purely guesswork here, but if they do have news on coaching staff or other new arrivals, they might announce it tonight.

If they`re looking for these forums to be well attended, throwing in the odd exclusive for the audience would strike me as a good idea - albeit we know they`ve got that base covered for this evening with the new strip.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 22 Jun 18:01

Quote:

par-91, Wed 22 Jun 16:58

I guess one quick question would be whether we expect a new coaching team to be in place fairly imminently?

Maybe don’t ask this 😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net