DAFC.net
Home 14 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 ParsTV tonight
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 07:09

Tonight`s game versus Kilmarnock and the two 1st round home games of the Premier Sports cup will be shown on ParsTV.

We do not yet know the exact format yet of this season`s streaming. Apologies for the delay.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: ParsTV tonight
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 10:35

Will tonight be free to ST holders
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 11:50

not as far as I`m aware.

if the SKY blockade goes ahead I`m guessing they won`t get added for the rest of the season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Levrad  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 19:32

Anyone having trouble logging in. Doesn`t recognise new season ticket number.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 19:35

no season tickets tonight

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 20:19

Didn`t realise that Brian. Managed eventually to get in. Password renewal didn`t appear but Grandson registered and we have seen 15 minutes so far.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFCinBK  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 21:21

Just to feedback that there was an unusual amount of sticking with the stream tonight, especially near the end of the game. Also Jordan`s mic would go from very quiet to booming occasionally.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 21:25

I was flicking between our game and the Stennie - Darvel game. I have to say the Stennie stream was by far the superior. Clearer picture and no streaming breaks. Oh, and Darvel won 2-1.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 23:36

I had to laugh at Jordan and his co commentator thinking Deniz Mehmet was in Goal .when it clearly wasn`t eventually they realised it wasn`t

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 08:56

Yes, I think the time has come to draw a line in the sand and say that Pars TV is now nowhere near the standard that it should be.

I and a group of other overseas Pars fans have financially supported the efforts of Brian and his team for a good many years and have put up with sub-optimal broadcasts in the vain hope that things would eventually settle down and we would get good uninterrupted streams.

Last night`s game was in the middle of the night for me, so I tuned in late for a chunk of the second half, only to see the stream go on and off intermittently. I don`t think I got more than three minutes consecutive play without an interruption.

It is simply not good enough to say that this is voluntary, and that fans should take it or leave it. Other, smaller clubs, have infinitely superior systems.

Fees to watch streamed matches for overseas fans are not that far short of the fees paid by the season ticket holders for a seat in the stand, so our expectations necessarily are higher these days than they were a few years ago when we were paying peppercorn rates to view matches.

So, Brian and co, please please please address the shortcomings of Pars TV. If you can`t do so in short order, then I will write to the board requesting that the streaming service be put out to tender.

This cannot go on the way it is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 09:00

Quote:

Just to feedback that there was an unusual amount of sticking with the stream tonight, especially near the end of the game. Also Jordan`s mic would go from very quiet to booming occasionally.

thanks for feedback.

I only noticed the dropouts at 81 mins (not 18) and 88 mins, sorry about that. we are waiting for a network upgrade that will ensure these don`t happen again.

I also was monitoring Jordan`s mic and indeed there was an issue. again, looking into it.

sorry again, pre-season seems to have come round very quick and there are some tasks still outstanding.

Post Edited (Wed 06 Jul 10:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 13:24

I have been well impressed with Pars TV anytime I have watched it. Overseas views are lucky they are getting any sort of coverage at all, they should like it or lump it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 14:16

Overseas fans have funded Pars TV, red star par. We are entitled to express an opinion about a service we pay quite a lot of money for.

As for your "like it or lump it" comment, I shall treat that with the disdain that it deserves. Overseas fans have been paying for Pars matches since 2004, when we met Hafnarfjordur in Iceland. That was not with Pars TV, but it illustrates that we are not talking about some new development.

Brian could remind us when Pars TV came into existence, but it is a fair few years ago. My point is simply that at this stage in its development it should be a far more stable platform than it is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 14:32

Aye, it`s frustrating when folk come out with "like it or lump it" or "these guys are all volunteers" when a) People are paying for a service and in many cases have been for many years and b) many clubs with even less resources than us manage to put together far superior packages while still relying on volunteers (Raith, Kelty, Queen of the South and Arbroath all spring to mind).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 14:43

Oz, we are currently reveiwing the setup completely.
the current ParsTV came into existance in 2011.

disappointed you had some issues last night so I don`t know why, everything appeared ok for us while monitoring, until 81mins for a short burst, but we are addressing the networking issues.
(I must have crossed over your earlier post as did not see it until now).

we had a chat with David Cook last week and he is also looking into the situation we are in.

I don`t think people should "like it or lump".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 15:01

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 6 Jul 13:24

I have been well impressed with Pars TV anytime I have watched it. Overseas views are lucky they are getting any sort of coverage at all, they should like it or lump it

What a load of crap.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net