DAFC.net
Home 19 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Graham Dorrans
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 12:17

Is Dorrans still a Pars player? He hasn`t featured in any of the friendlies.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Graham Dorrans
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 12:32

Injured at the moment

Pars Review: https://twitter.com/parsreview?s=21
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 12:33

Injured again

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 12:39

Permanently injured

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 13:09

Here we go again

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 15:16

Wage thief charlatan 😆

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 18:38

Quote:

Gaz3822, Tue 5 Jul 15:16

Wage thief charlatan 😆

Can a player be both, Gaz? 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 19:56

If they`re clever enough GG lol

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 20:27

Hopefully he’s back soon so we can boo him!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 09:02

Looking forward to booing a player before the season has started, get a grip and get behind the team.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 09:41

What last night showed is we need creativity in midfield. I would expect Dorrans to provide that at league one level?

Also, we are desperately short of genuine wide players. At different times we had square pegs in round holes - MacDonald, O`Hara and Wighton playing there and none of them were comfortable.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 09:48

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 06 Jul 09:41

What last night showed is we need creativity in midfield. I would expect Dorrans to provide that at league one level?

Also, we are desperately short of genuine wide players. At different times we had square pegs in round holes - MacDonald, O`Hara and Wighton playing there and none of them were comfortable.

Spot on Raymie. Same old guff up top that cost us relegation last season. Mcpake needs to get busy and sort this out ASAP. We need wingers, CB and a creative midfielder. It won’t be easy getting players to drop down to League one.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 09:57

Problem is raymie, how reliable is he going to be? That’s him missed all the pre season games and now it’s catch up to get fit again. The wages he’ll be on too could’ve got us an extra 2 in. Our strikers aren’t the problem, it’s the service to them that is

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 10:11

It`s a fair question. I know from experience, that you are more likely to pick up injuries as you get towards the end of your playing days, but what`s the alternative?
We are a league one club. Getting good players in is not easy, as good players will want to play at a higher level.
I`m sure some will be waiting to see if they get any better offers and if they don`t, we may see some new additions in the weeks to come?
Of course, the downside will be having to integrate them into the squad and way of playing, at short notice.

Post Edited (Wed 06 Jul 10:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 10:30

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 6 Jul 09:41

This, as far as the starting eleven goes I actually think we`re only one wide player away from having a title winning 11 at this level.

We absolutely need more squad depth but a genuine wide player is needed for the starting eleven.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 11:16

The alternative is finding someone else to take Dorrans. It simply hasn’t worked out for him here, and yet another pre season missed which many said was a key factor in his underwhelming performance last season.

If we are going to be stuck with the 4 strikers who between them scored just 13 goals across the season last season, then we seriously need to up the ante on chance creation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jojo  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 11:38

Never saw game last night but McPake said in after match comments we were wasteful up front with 2 number 9s playing . Same as last season .. how often did we hear post match from the manager about needing to be more clinical . Perhaps the forwards retained from last season , although starved of good service a lot of time , are just poor at converting opportunities
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Benny74  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 12:37

10 goals in the previous 3 games.
McPake also said "there are a lot of positives to take." but I appreciate being positive is no fun.

Benny74
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 12:41

The worry is he doesn’t want to be here, but on decent money and we can’t offload him.

Suspect if that’s the case he’ll retire at the end of the season after a series of injuries…

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 12:48

New season, give the guy a chance. Who knows, he might turn out to be a talisman and lead us to promotion. The fact that he may not have many playing days left might inspire him to give his all in what may be his final season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 13:00

I hope he scores the goal that wins us the league then hunts down Berkey boy in the stand and gives him a big GIRFUY. Scenes

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 13:33

I don’t want Dorrans anywhere near my club:

- he’s always injured
- he’s a wage thief
-his weekly wage could get us another 2 - 3 players instead
- he’s slow
- takes too many touches
- he only passes sideways or backwards
- he isn’t vocal for an experienced player
- he doesn’t even come across like a good character to have on the pitch around younger players. Paul Paton wasn’t the most effective player but he looked like a leader, a talker, a positive character and gave his all. Dorrans looks like a grumpy wee sh*t who just goes through the motions
- he should have been sacked after the fall out with fans at Ayr last season, wearing captains armband on occasions thereafter was an insult to all us fans

If he’s sticking around for another year he’d need to have the season of his life to change my opinion of him! Even that might not be enough!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 13:34

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 6 Jul 12:48

New season, give the guy a chance. Who knows, he might turn out to be a talisman and lead us to promotion. The fact that he may not have many playing days left might inspire him to give his all in what may be his final season.

Agree with this. Why anyone wouldnt want any of our players to have a great season is beyond me. I was in the club shop a couple of saturdays ago renewing season tickets and some bell end customer says to one of the staff that he hopes Dorrans stays injured all season. I thought someone had given Matt a soor ploom when nobody was looking, such was his expression.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jaffa0711  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 13:48

Absolutely ridiculous post.

Looking forward to booing a pars player

Season hasn’t even started and we’re reading this nonsense from you

Absolute 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Colin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 14:25

Jaffa - another roaster who thinks we should support players regardless of how bad they are or sh*t their attitude is, pathetic

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 14:31

"wearing captains armband on occasions thereafter was an insult to all us fans"

Not all. Just the precious wee tw@ts who give it out but can`t take it back

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 14:48

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like
Date: Wed 6 Jul 14:31

"wearing captains armband on occasions thereafter was an insult to all us fans"

Not all. Just the precious wee tw@ts who give it out but can`t take it back

Your standards are slipping da no 1 if you think it was ok for him to be captain after that incident. Surprising from a guy who sits in the stand named after our greatest ever captain who had all the right attributes (unlike Dorrans).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 14:57

Would Dorrans have come out of that incident at Ayr better if he had taken the abuse without comment and left the field looking at his feet like most of the team?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 15:25

wee eck wrote:

> Would Dorrans have come out of that incident at Ayr better if
> he had taken the abuse without comment and left the field
> looking at his feet like most of the team?
>
>

In many ways, Yes.

It was completely wrong what happened to him there and I respected his reaction. The fans involved were bang out of order.

However, as with a lot of the absolute void of communication with the club last season, What was then missing was him making some sort of comment after, acknowledging the anger and explaining why he reacted the way he did, and what he and his team mates were doing to improve things on the pitch. As captain, I expected that as a minimum, but he hid for the vast majority of the campaign. His interview at the end of the season was also just weak. Some thought he was gutted, I got impression he wasn’t that bothered tbh.

If he was fit and playing he would be having the chance to prove us all wrong, but he’s injured. Again. I hope he’s fit soon and starts delivering on the pitch. I just don’t think he will.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 16:00

Fans don`t really know what goes on behind the scenes so it`s very easy to interpret things in a way that fits our views. As Raymie said earlier, players seem to pick up injuries more easily as they get older and I always think they take longer to recover from them. That`s the risk in signing them and giving them contracts of more than a year. If he can stay fit I think he`ll be an asset.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 16:23

"Your standards are slipping da no 1 if you think it was ok for him to be captain after that incident. Surprising from a guy who sits in the stand named after our greatest ever captain who had all the right attributes (unlike Dorrans)."

You know nothing about me other than where I sit in the ground.

Shouting and screaming abuse at players after a bad result achieves absolutely NOTHING. He reacted just the same as any player would have, having been singled out for verbal abuse after an absolutely honking team performance.

Bringing Norrie into it is irrelevant. Completely different era. Just makes you look daft.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 16:42

No problem with Dorrans reaction.

It`s his contributions on the park that I find worry some, if you`re going to hurl abuse at a player don`t be a precious **** if you get some back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 16:42

Quote:

BA, Wed 6 Jul 13:33

I don’t want Dorrans anywhere near my club:

- he’s a wage thief
- he doesn’t even come across like a good character to have on the pitch around younger players.
- he should have been sacked after the fall out with fans at Ayr last season, wearing captains armband on occasions thereafter was an insult to all us fans

If he’s sticking around for another year he’d need to have the season of his life to change my opinion of him! Even that might not be enough!

Took out all of the stuff that could even be considered reasonable, to highlight how many utterly ridiculous comments were in that post.

What justification is there to call him a wage thief? Also, there is absolutely no way he earns enough money that we could afford 3 remotely decent footballers on his wages, I’d imagine we’d struggle to get 2 first team players by saving on his wages alone. Why have people decided to make up that he’s on some ridiculous wages?

I find the character thing odd. I don’t think fans are really in any position to judge the character that players/coaches see on the training ground, in the dressing room etc. I’d imagine that a player who stood up for himself and his teammates when receiving some abhorrent abuse is exactly the type of character players want around them.

This obsession with the Ayr incident just highlights your ignorance. A man has some disgusting abuse shouted at him, because his team lost a game of football, and he’s the bad guy for reacting? Get a grip.

The personal grudge some of our fans have against Dorrans is embarrassing. Fans were shouting some disgusting and completely unnecessary abuse at someone, now they’re still crying 10 months later that the bad man reacted by telling them where to go. I know whose character should be questioned in that scenario - here’s a clue, it’s not the player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 16:58

I’m not worried about the abuse or the incident at ayr etc, I’m worried he has so far offered nothing on the park.

1 goal and 1 assist last season says it all, yeah likely do better against the bottom teams in this league but the legs have well and truly gone. Is he going to suddenly rise the challenge this year? Odds are stacked against.

If he scores the goal that wins us promotion, I’ll be delighted and it will mean he’s at least equalled last years contribution.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 17:07

Da no 1 - come on man, you’ve been around long enough to know footballs a game where players don’t and shouldn’t react to what’s shouted at them. They all know the verbals come with the territory. Part of being a pro is having the ability to block it out.

The only daft one around here is the guy saying it was okay to have him as captain after his shouting match with some fans. Fans who paid good money and travelled a decent distance that day.

I wasn’t at the game so can’t be labelled as someone who dishes it out and can’t take it. I’m just a guy who thinks Dorrans was well in the wrong that day.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 17:10

"I wasn’t at the game so can’t be labelled as someone who dishes it out and can’t take it. I’m just a guy who thinks Dorrans was well in the wrong that day."

So you don`t know what was said to him or what he said in response yet pass judgment on both sides anyway.

Excellent.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 17:13

"The worry is he doesn’t want to be here, but on decent money and we can’t offload him.

Suspect if that’s the case he’ll retire at the end of the season after a series of injuries…"

Just re-read this absolute guff 3 or 4 times to see if any of it was worth considering as fact.

None of it was. What a waste of my time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 17:15

People talk da no 1. Anyway, you just shouldn’t react as a player, end of. It players reacted to all verbals hurled at them it really would be a sport played behind closed doors.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 17:32

Par-91 - he’s a high earner at our club and hasn’t earned a penny of what he’s been paid. Hence being a wage thief. It’s really not a hard term to grasp.

Re his character, let’s not go OTT on it and have you telling me I can’t judge his character cause I don’t hang about with him etc. Fans judge players based on what they see on the pitch and hear in interviews. For me the guy doesn’t look like he breaks sweat, doesn’t look like he’s that bothered. You could say he was the Paul Pogba of the Scottish Championship.

I don’t see how me having an opinion that footballers shouldn’t react to the verbals makes me ignorant. 99.9% of them get on with it, but for whatever reason he reacted that day and put himself in a lose lose situation, not very bright of him. I bet even some of his teammates were thinking ‘Jesus things are bad enough without him doing that and falling out with fans’. He should’ve known better.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 17:33

I assumed anyone commenting on Dorrans` reaction at Ayr was at the game. Just to make clear, there were mitigating circumstances. Because of the COVID restrictions the players had to leave the pitch via the terracing and `run the gauntlet` of visiting fans to teach their changing facilities.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 17:42

I don`t think the character and professionalism of a player who has played around 500 games, many of them at the top level can really be called into question. He wouldn`t have been able to do any of that if his attitude wasn`t spot on.
I reckon if he can stay fit he will boss this league.
The no-mark that`s calling him a wage thief is out of order
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 17:56

I`m glad only a tiny minority of our fans are like BA.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 17:59

It’s sad to see what an element of our support have become and the low standards they now have.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 18:04

If you weren`t fit enough to carry out your job would you be happy if someone called you a wage thief?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 18:06

If we take wages out this argument are folk really saying Dorrans was our worst performer last season.

Honestly don`t think that`s the case.

Also think he was well within his rights to defend himself at the Ayr game why should anybody just stand and take abuse from folk steaming drunk at the football.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 18:24

Quote:

BA, Wed 6 Jul 17:59

It’s sad to see what an element of our support have become and the low standards they now have.

It`s nothing to do with any of that.

Do you think it`s acceptable to scream and shout abuse at someone in the street?

At least Berkeys argument is football based

Post Edited (Wed 06 Jul 18:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 18:40

The Ayr incident was only 1 of the bullet points in my first post today, the rest are football related I.e. his injury record, what he does with the ball when he does play and his character.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 18:56

"- he’s always injured
- he’s a wage thief
- he’s slow
- takes too many touches
- he only passes sideways or backwards
- he isn’t vocal for an experienced player
- he doesn’t even come across like a good character to have on the pitch around younger players. Paul Paton wasn’t the most effective player but he looked like a leader, a talker, a positive character and gave his all. Dorrans looks like a grumpy wee sh*t who just goes through the motions
- he should have been sacked after the fall out with fans at Ayr last season, wearing captains armband on occasions thereafter was an insult to all us fans"

Here`s your post. I`d argue that the football bits are absolute boll0cks but it would be a waste of time given you called him a "wage thief" which is a disgraceful thing to throw at anyone. Oh aye and breaking news.....players get injured.

You still didn`t answer my question btw. Is it ok to shout and scream abuse at someone in the street or maybe in an office or shop?

Post Edited (Wed 06 Jul 18:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:00

Quote:

LEGEND85, Wed 6 Jul 18:06

If we take wages out this argument are folk really saying Dorrans was our worst performer last season.

But wages are a massive part of the Dorrans discussion, we were apparently paying him a very pretty penny, are we getting anywhere near bang for our buck?

It`s not about whether he was the worst, but with him being our best paid player, having the accolade of "not being the worst" isn`t acceptable. We need much more from him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:04

but the whole team was stinking last season why pick on one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:05

Dorrans obviously didn`t have the best of seasons. Age and injury are clearly catching up with him and he lost form just like every other player does. Add that to the sinking ship of a team and awful playing style and you get a recipe for disaster. Never felt the need to question the guys commitment though and to label him a " wage thief " is not only disrespectful but totally inaccurate. Re the incident at Ayr, I`ve got no problem with it. Players shouldn`t be expected to get dogs abuse and just absorb it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:10

Given Lewis Martin`s injury record, I presume he was a `wage thief` too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:26

Here`s your post. I`d argue that the football bits are absolute boll0cks but it would be a waste of time given you called him a "wage thief" which is a disgraceful thing to throw at anyone. Oh aye and breaking news.....players get injured.

You still didn`t answer my question btw. Is it ok to shout and scream abuse at someone in the street or maybe in an office or shop?

Duno how anyone can argue with my bullet points and say they’re ballocks - they’re absolutely spot on.

Aw here we go - this debate. You can’t compare working in a shop/office to a sportsman playing in front of a live crowd. Would love to see you at a game da no 1, are you telling me you’ve never shouted at a player, a ref or booed at FT after a bad defeat?!

Breaking news - people do shout at people in offices/shops. I’ve both received it and done it, that’s life eh. Was I professional when on the receiving end - yes, was Dorrans professional - no.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:28

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Wed 6 Jul 19:10

Given Lewis Martin`s injury record, I presume he was a `wage thief` too.

I’m no calling Dorrans a wage thief cause he’s injured FFS, I’m referring to the fact he’s absolutely not value for money when he is on the pitch and he just goes through the motions.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:34

You don`t know what he`s paid and you weren`t at the Ayr game to witness the context of what happened. It`s OK though because it`s football and normal standards don`t apply.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:40

I’ve heard what he’s on Eck and I believe it to be true. if you think he’s moved his family away from Australia for a few hundred quid a week to play for us then you’re incredibly silly.

Don’t need to be there Eck to have an opinion on it, several folk saying the same thing is enough. When you watch the 10pm news tonight are you telling me you won’t have an opinion on anything because you’re not there?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:43

Also… we all know normal standards don’t apply in football Eck.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:50

With folk like you normal standards won`t apply. That doesn`t mean it`s right. This must be a record though; three days before the season starts and we already have a scapegoat.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 19:52

Poor Chalmers is the scapegoat on here - Dorrans gets off Scot free. It’s embarrassing the Dorrans love on here - few folk needing their head examined!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 20:04

He`s hardly getting off Scot free with you on his case.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 22:22

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 6 Jul 17:42

I don`t think the character and professionalism of a player who has played around 500 games, many of them at the top level can really be called into question. He wouldn`t have been able to do any of that if his attitude wasn`t spot on.
I reckon if he can stay fit he will boss this league.
The no-mark that`s calling him a wage thief is out of order

Yes agree with this. Im sure he has more to offer as an experienced pro than just playing on a Saturday.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 06:39

I just don`t understand the logic of the argument that it`s OK for fans to hurl specific abuse at an individual player but outrageously wrong for the said player to respond in kind.

Dorrans is a footballer, but he`s also a human being. Sometimes our emotions boil over. Footballers hate losing football matches above all else. He was probably feeling angry and disappointed enough with the result and his performance without the abuse on top of that. Nobody would argue that he shouldn`t have reacted, but it`s very understandable.

And to label him a wage thief is beyond despicable. His wages would have been agreed in discussions between the club and his agent. Nobody is privy to his earnings. If he`s on a good salary, it`s not his fault. If he`s injured it`s not his fault. If he plays poorly, it may not be his fault. I don`t believe it is a result of him not trying. Sometimes the harder you try, the worse you p,ay.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 07:39

Some people need to take a look at themselves. He entered into a contract agreed between him and the club. None of the players currently in the club are guys I`d suggest were giving less than they could. I think they could give more, but that`s down to coaching IMO.

Dorrans is injured but he`ll be back. He has the experience to deliver in this league, and to support others in delivering too. Give the guy a break!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 10:02

Well said jake89. This is a new start, let`s give the squad an equal chance and blow away the cobwebs from last season. For what it`s worth, I am convinced having been at the game on Tuesday night, the players looked so much fitter than they have been.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 10:30

"Love-in"

No-one is trying to say Dorrans had a good season. Not one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 12:45

Worth saying that the only reason someone like Dorrans can command a (relatively) high wage is due to the fact they`ve had an extremely good career and are very talented.

Clearly he`s been unlucky with injuries but that`s the way the dice falls unfortunately.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 14:15

When we signed Dorrans I thought he was going to be the missing piece of the jigsaw but instead it seemed like he was from a different puzzle altogether – he just didn’t seem to fit.

Most of us would agree that he has probably had the best career out of anyone on the playing staff currently; also that for whatever reason, last season didn’t work out well – but that could be said of virtually everyone,

I’m not sure what the issue was – probably a combination of reasons. Sometimes he seemed on a different wavelength to his team-mates – he’d expect the players to make a run and pass accordingly, only for the player not to move and the ball to go out of play. It reminded me a little of Kozma under Iain Munro - he couldn’t seem to accommodate his talents and we might have been a better team without him.

I was at Ayr – I looked back to see what I thought at the time which was that the fans who took the opportunity of their proximity to the players’ exit from the pitch got the reaction they wanted and that Dorrans was unprofessional for falling for the bait. I thought perhaps have had the captaincy taken away from him, but there were more important things to worry about. Essentially the BoD were in a lose-lose situation (precisely because the club were in a lose-lose-lose situation also). Which is why getting back to winning games of football is important.

Missing another pre-season must be enormously frustrating – but a fit Dorrans could still be a good player in a good team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 16:20

Thought father time had caught up with Dorrans and it was evident in the first Partick game of last season.

Got caught in possession and pressured into giving it away cheaply a few times. You can obviously see the ability and eye for a pass but not much use in a league that is 100mph blood & thunder when you get no time on the ball.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 16:56

I remember him trying to play for Dundee. I thought that he was passed it then. Unfortunately he got a 2 year deal with us.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 17:13

Quote:

BA, Wed 6 Jul 17:07

Da no 1 - come on man, you’ve been around long enough to know footballs a game where players don’t and shouldn’t react to what’s shouted at them. They all know the verbals come with the territory. Part of being a pro is having the ability to block it out.

The only daft one around here is the guy saying it was okay to have him as captain after his shouting match with some fans. Fans who paid good money and travelled a decent distance that day.

I wasn’t at the game so can’t be labelled as someone who dishes it out and can’t take it. I’m just a guy who thinks Dorrans was well in the wrong that day.

So full of shyte maybe you should change your name to Nappy.
It is never ok to abuse anyone.
Oh wait a minute ;)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 17:23

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Thu 7 Jul 16:56

I remember him trying to play for Dundee. I thought that he was passed it then. Unfortunately he got a 2 year deal with us.

Yep, thought at the time it was a poor signing based on his reputation from years back, rather than what he was capable of now and I`ve seen nothing to change it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parca_Par  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 17:52

Excited when he first signed but just hasn’t worked out unfortunately…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 18:06

It was a poor signing made by the old regime. Imagine we won’t see too much of him over the next couple of months as he try’s to get fit. Hopefully players come in and keep him on the bench. He has a lot to do to win the fans over.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 18:21

I’ll be very happy if we manage to sign players that are better than Dorrans.
Good players want to play with good players and good players play better with good players around them.

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Thu 07 Jul 18:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 18:22

Really excited when he signed. It didn`t work out for him and us last season but will judge him at the end of this season. Given how poor our squad numbers are just now every player has a part to play, hopefully!

I appreciate people will think I am wetting the bed here but the lack of transfer activity is more of a concern to me. Was Hamilton not signed over a month ago? Other than the lad that came in from the juniors it has been ridiculously quiet, barely even a rumour.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 18:24

I heard he had asked to get his contact terminated with a pay off so he could concentate on coaching ,and that was before preseason.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 23:03

Topic Originator: Ianoappar like
Date: Thu 7 Jul 18:24

I heard he had asked to get his contact terminated with a pay off so he could concentate on coaching ,and that was before preseason.

If true… that is disgraceful on his part and backs up my comments.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 23:10

Quote:

BA, Thu 7 Jul 23:03

It more than likely, nonsense
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 23:16

Quote:

But just like your thoughts on his fallout with the fans at the Ayr game this is based on nothing concrete. You weren`t there. You don`t know what he earns. You don`t know if that latest "revelation" is true or not.

What an odd way to carry on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 06:14

I heard this, I heard that, a pal told me...... I`ll post it on dotnet.

Before you can say Graham Dorrans, it`s a fact. 🙁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 09:07

Does anyone know the extent of Dorrans injury, and when we can expect to see him back playing again

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 09:58

I see Dundee United have signed 35-year-old ex-Scotland striker Steven Fletcher on a two-year contract. I hope they don`t find his `legs have gone` (a favourite footballing cliche).

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 10:09

James Milner is 36 and has just won Liverpool`s annual bleep test again. Seven years running so if you look after yourself you can go well into your 30s.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 10:50

He was the one player in the debacle of a second leg against queens park who when we went down to 10 men didn`t let his head go down and was trying desperately to turn things around. Hope he stays fit and plays.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 11:56

The guys a waste of space. Why anyone would want him to play for us is beyond me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 11:59

Topic Originator: halbe
Date: Fri 8 Jul 10:50

He was the one player in the debacle of a second leg against queens park who when we went down to 10 men didn`t let his head go down and was trying desperately to turn things around. Hope he stays fit and plays....

100%

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 13:57

"The guys a waste of space. Why anyone would want him to play for us is beyond me."

He was the best player on the park in the last two games that we played - against League 1 opposition. Some of us probably want him to play because of that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 14:29

I agree with Halbe, Da-Go and Raymie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 16:59

Dorrans is an experienced professional who has played at the highest level of club football. Some of the experts on here who know his salary, what his contact states, what his state of mind is and where he has went wrong in every game are the same with every player we have. If the team succeed you hear nothing. Last season must have been a godsend to get rid of all that internal bile. As others stated he was our best player in the playoff games and gave his all in every role and position he was asked to play no matter how it suited his game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 19:36

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like
Date: Thu 7 Jul 23:16

Quote:

But just like your thoughts on his fallout with the fans at the Ayr game this is based on nothing concrete. You weren`t there. You don`t know what he earns. You don`t know if that latest "revelation" is true or not.

What an odd way to carry on.

That’s why I said “if true…” 🤷🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 19:48

This forum was once described as “a force for good”. Heaven help us.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 8 Jul 21:44

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Fri 8 Jul 19:48

I`ve posted here since 2006 so I`d have to query when it ever has been? It`s always been somewhere for people to moan, grumble and argue haha
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Jul 00:26

I`ve just seen JMcP`s interview after the Killie game and he said Dorrans had been doing some running and was progressing his fitness.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Jul 00:47

I would have to admit to the odd gripe about certain players towards the end of the most disappointing season in living memory for a Pars fan (particularly players in advanced positions and their ineptitude in front of goal). But it`s a new season and let`s all try to be positive and maybe the good times will start to roll on again.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Jul 00:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Jul 16:13

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Fri 8 Jul 19:48

Not an idea I ever subscribed to.
There are some folk on here who do a lot of good buttoo many are bile venting slavers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Jul 16:14

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 9 Jul 00:47

I would have to admit to the odd gripe about certain players towards the end of the most disappointing season in living memory for a Pars fan (particularly players in advanced positions and their ineptitude in front of goal). But it`s a new season and let`s all try to be positive and maybe the good times will start to roll on again.

You have a short memory. It was toxic all season and we got two fingers from the ones that were leaving. That left the rest no chance of winning.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Jul 16:29

No Parrot, I`m speaking strictly for myself. Normally I try to be as positive as possible but in a welter of frustration at the bitter end of the season vented my ire on one particular forward who was so inept at playing the position that he looked like he could run aimlessly up front for another decade and fail to put one in the net. Today we have 3 number 9s starting. Will one of them register a goal?

Right on cue, looks like McCann`s the man.

Post Edited (Sat 09 Jul 16:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 16 Jul 13:23

Jeezo… I think some people need to think about is what a player mentioned in a recent interview about the environment the players were in. We can talk all we want about how players have performed on the pitch but that’s really all we see.

I liken our past 18 months to be similarly to Man United drop in form. If you don’t have the right people at the helm then the boats gonna sink. That interview stated that the club is a much better environment than it was before, some elements have shown on the pitch but hopefully the trajectory will continue upwards.

So for me especially, it is slate wiped clean and see how we progress.

Onwards and upwards!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 02:28

Quote:

halbe, Fri 08 Jul 10:50

He was the one player in the debacle of a second leg against queens park who when we went down to 10 men didn`t let his head go down and was trying desperately to turn things around. Hope he stays fit and plays.....

Cool what about the rest of the season when he was fit and posted missing? Is that just forgotten about off the back of one game aye?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 10:28

Quote:

back oh the net, Sun 17 Jul 02:28

Quote:

halbe, Fri 08 Jul 10:50

Cool what about the rest of the season when he was fit and posted missing? Is that just forgotten about off the back of one game aye?

Clearly not in your case. Maybe in some of our more reasonable posters tho, aye.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 22:49

All very quiet on the Dorrans front, not sure if it`s simply the interviewer not asking

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 23:32

Does anyone know exactly what his injury is?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 23:54

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Aug 23:32

Does anyone know exactly what his injury is?

Hopefully he has decided to retire and free up wages for a player that will put a shift in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 23:58

Agree with Bannockburn, Dorrans retiring and freeing up some cash would be a belter of a result.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 00:33

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sat 13 Aug 23:58

Agree with Bannockburn, Dorrans retiring and freeing up some cash would be a belter of a result.

Not for him it wouldn`t be
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 06:37

Quote:

red-star-par, Sun 14 Aug 00:33

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sat 13 Aug 23:58

Not for him it wouldn`t be

Exactly, red star. He`d have to be completely bonkers, unless he knew he could walk into a better paid job. He has a contract - not his fault he`s injured so the club is obliged to respect it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 09:14

I can`t see Dorrans needing the money to be honest.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 09:30

Quote:

NikNakPar, Sun 14 Aug 09:14

So d`you think that would influence hìs decision as to whether to retire or not? Honestly?

I remember one time Milan manager, Nereo Rocco, commenting on how his players fought over a few spare panettoni which the club traditionally gave out at Christmas and trust me, they earned far more than Dorrans, given they were among the highest paid players in the world at the time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 09:34

So nobody seems to know the nature of Dorrans` injury but, whatever it is, some think he should do the decent thing and retire to save the club some money. We`re back in the realms of fantasy football.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 09:37

Perhaps it,s beneath him to play in this division, personally think he doesn,t want to be here.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 10:50

Dorrans will be back eventually but the way our midfield has been, he’ll be back to warm the bench. Joe Chalmers has improved loads in the last few weeks so fair play to him after some of the stick he gets, I thought he was actually our best midfielder yesterday and was unlucky to be subbed off.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 11:32

Quote:

gordi-b, Sun 14 Aug 09:37

Perhaps it,s beneath him to play in this division, personally think he doesn,t want to be here.

Seriously, apart from pure shitstirring, what was the point of that post?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 11:38

The club does seem to be rather coy about players injuries though.

Never got clarity on what kept Lewis Martin out for so long.

Then we get discussions like this with little idea of when a player will be fit again.

Should not be too hard to give an update, like he has started running again/ training again and will be back in contention in 2/3 weeks if there is no reaction……

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 12:09

Agree with desperado that the Club should be a bit more open about this. With an injured player it`s not unusual for an interviewer to ask a club about the nature of his injury, his progress and anticipated return date. Even get him to do one of those pieces that they do on COWS, he was our club captain after all.
It might do a little to counter the sweetie-wives agreeing an alternative version of the truth which soon is regarded as fact by the majority.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 12:59

I believe he has been helping out in training.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:19

Quote:

gordi-b, Sun 14 Aug 09:37

Is that your guess ,How do you or any other fan know what his mindset is !! Seems the club are happy considering his Injury .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:24

Quote:

bannerpar, Sun 14 Aug 12:09

Agree with desperado that the Club should be a bit more open about this. With an injured player it`s not unusual for an interviewer to ask a club about the nature of his injury, his progress and anticipated return date. Even get him to do one of those pieces that they do on COWS, he was our club captain after all.
It might do a little to counter the sweetie-wives agreeing an alternative version of the truth which soon is regarded as fact by the majority.

If the club states a player is Injured and going to be out for X amount of games or weeks ,thats all the info we should need .

Why does anyone neex to know an players mexical condition as injury this should be between the player medical and club
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:24

I hadn`t really thought about it before but maybe there are privacy issues regarding a player`s medical condition. Fans have always regarded injuries as a matter of public knowledge but times have changed.

ETA - I wonder if he`ll be in attendance at Tuesday`s Open Day.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Aug 13:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 14:09

RiggerAl, to the best of my knowledge the club haven`t yet said how long they expect him to be out. The longer he is out without them mentioning it the more stories will surface that suit some folk`s agenda.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 14:14

Quote:

bannerpar, Sun 14 Aug 14:09

RiggerAl, to the best of my knowledge the club haven`t yet said how long they expect him to be out. The longer he is out without them mentioning it the more stories will surface that suit some folk`s agenda.

Agree ,maybe because they do not know the extent of injury my only point was as a fan we do not need to know the type of injury or a individuals medical condition .Thats a private matter :)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 15:05

Rigger Al read my post , i don,t know anyones mindset , i said" i Peronally think"
only my opinion on the subject

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 15:15

Don’t think it is privacy issues when you see how communicative Raith are regarding updates on injured players

https://www.raithrovers.net/55629/injury-update.htm

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 16:35

There is an open training session on Tuesday, so we`ll have a bit more info then.

Personally, I`d rather have Dorrans playing. I think he`ll do well playing with Hamilton and Mochrie. Even if he did, for some reason, elect to walk away from his contract, there is still no guarantee that we bring in 2 or 3 players who will make a difference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 17:37

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 14 Aug 09:30

Quote:

So d`you think that would influence hìs decision as to whether to retire or not? Honestly?

I remember one time Milan manager, Nereo Rocco, commenting on how his players fought over a few spare panettoni which the club traditionally gave out at Christmas and trust me, they earned far more than Dorrans, given they were among the highest paid players in the world at the time.

Sorry I totally skim read this thread before posting. I somehow thought someone had said he won`t retire due to needing the income.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 18:05

Quote:

NikNakPar, Sun 14 Aug 17:37

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 14 Aug 09:30

Quote:

Sorry I totally skim read this thread before posting. I somehow thought someone had said he won`t retire due to needing the income.

No worries, mate. I hope my post helped a few folk on this thread.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net