DAFC.net
Home 04 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Match Experience
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 20:50

Reading the `Hot Food` thread has me thinking about my experience watching US `Soccer` last night at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta. Ive lived here 10 years now and been a season ticket holder since Game 1 in March 2017. Last night was my first match in 16 months with COVID, Team is awful and just life getting in the way I sell my season tickets through ticketmaster each week.

The stadium holds either 72k or 38k depending how its configured - last night was 38k and was maybe 50% full (team suck and Atlanta traffic on a week night isnt fun so people miss it)

As you can imagine the selection of food and drinks was amazing - BBQ, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Mexican - a selection of beers with a bar available to sit and watch the field from the barstool :-) Also if you buy a soft-drink its free refills until the 75th min when they stop serving drinks.

My ticket price averages $22 per match in the `supporters section` and this is where I start to show my age and grumpiness now LOL
They sing and dance and wave flags the WHOLE game - they sing certain songs at certain times they place songsheets on every seat in the section so people know the words - BUT they dont actually watch the match - they have a chant where they lock arms and sing and bounce left to right which looks awesome - except the opposition SCORED A GOAL and they just carried on - in fact most of them were oblivious to the utterly horrific set-piece defending. Regardless of score or flow of the game they will do the Iceland/ATL Thunderclap on 42 mins and 86 mins. On the 80th Min everyone will get their phones out and turn the flashlight on and wave it around and Oh yes- when a player on the other teams gets booked everyone cheers and waves around pre-distributed yellow cards.

Anyways - the `match experience` is what you make of it - my last visit to EEP was the win over the Rovers towards the tail of the season, one of the best games Ive been to in years - I had no food, but we won and it was busy and flares on the field, everything you want! My actual last in-person Pars game was away at Rugby Park where I had the best food I could hope for at the footie but the games was horrendous from our point of view and the experience was awful!

So all of that to say - in my opinon - put a winning team on the park and most of the punters will be happy !

Post Edited (Thu 14 Jul 20:51)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Match Experience
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 20:53

I go to a match,hopefully, to watch my team win.Thats all I want.No fancy grub,or over the top entertainment.No wonder Americans are so fat.

Post Edited (Thu 14 Jul 20:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 21:00

Quote:

twin par, Thu 14 Jul 20:53

I go to a match,hopefully, to watch my team win.Thats all I want.No fancy grub,or over the top entertainment.No wonder Americans are so fat.

I honestly couldn`t have put it any better. My thoughts exactly 👏👍

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 21:22

Well personally I think we should have Earl Grey, prawn sandwiches and French fancies brought to our seats.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 21:42

I`ll tell you what else can GTF as far as I`m concerned, music when we score. Just let us hear the roar of the crowd when we score. If they didn`t have music, the crowd would probably have a roar, some applause and maybe a song or two, the atmosphere would take care of itself. That "Glad All Over" just dampens the atmosphere after a goal
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 22:47

Glad All Over is awful goal celebration music, is someone paying for that to be the song?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 22:52

Agree re Glad All Over - it’s had it’s day.

We should play a song, a banging dance tune or something to get the young team in NW bouncing even more. The darts on Sky has shown the power of getting ‘the song’ right!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 23:23

Quote:

BA, Thu 14 Jul 22:52

Agree re Glad All Over - it’s had it’s day.

We should play a song, a banging dance tune or something to get the young team in NW bouncing even more. The darts on Sky has shown the power of getting ‘the song’ right!

Why do they need to play any music?
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 23:27

I tend to agree re goal celebration music - no need for it.

At the risk of getting all misty eyed about the late 80s and 90s here, there really was nothing better than the sound of EEP going nuts after a Pars goal.

Things are quite different now of course, but I do think the crowd should be the only noise we hear after a goal is scored.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 23:50

Good post Johan_Cruyff and nice to hear a bit about ‘soccer’ match day experience :)

There’s no doubt that they do take their match days seriously….maybe the sport in question plays an important part in attention to what’s happening on the park - I lived in California for a while and the ‘College’ football (US) was taken pretty seriously [College football basically being the feed/talent for the NFL … Super Bowl and all], so certainly not their top-flight.

I think here, the match day experience means different things to different people - personally, I really don’t see the attraction in swilling copious amounts of beer before, during (if available) and after ‘the match’ …. But hey ho …. That might be what some folk look forward to all week?

Back when I started watching football, pie and Bovril were traditional fare on offer, which when standing around the terracing on a cold and miserable Scottish Saturday afternoon, was quite appealing lol! I remember early visits to Hampden (to watch Scotland) and being totally mystified as to the appeal in selling/buying macaroon bars! For football? Why? Go figure!

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 08:41

Just a wild guess, but are those not interested in food and music over the age of 45?

The club should ask fans what they want and also ask people who DON`T come what might entice them along.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 09:48

By the looks of Johan, he has been indulging a bit too much on the match day experience ? 😂

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: p4r5f4n  
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 09:56

I stopped going to the concession before Covid because the soft drinks served from unbranded bottles, coffee powder spooned from an unbranded tin and steak bridies that had only a thin smear of gravy in a big wadge of stodgy pastry didn’t do it for me. The final straw however was when someone turned up with a basin of hot water and poured it into the urn. The servers carried on serving teas and coffees with no comment!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 09:59

Quote:

jake89, Fri 15 Jul 08:41

Just a wild guess, but are those not interested in food and music over the age of 45?

The club should ask fans what they want and also ask people who DON`T come what might entice them along.

Good shout jake, wonder if David cook is reading this and taking it on board. Same with the music .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 10:33

The club have been trying to improve the `match day experience` for years and have surveyed the fans on it. Any time I`ve been asked what would improve it for me I`ve always said `More Pars` goals!`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 10:53

Quote:

king lad, Thu 14 Jul 22:47

Glad All Over is awful goal celebration music, is someone paying for that to be the song?

Yes.

Maybe the club should auction the right to choose the music?

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: forever black and white  
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 11:33

Goal celebration music , not for me . The blue bell polka at full time after the pars have won is a different ball game . It`s tradition .
As far as match day hospitality is concerned. The catering is terrible, there`s never enough food. They never seem to get the right amount of food for the right size of crowds .
Also why not have a bar serving drink in the Cowden end and Norrie before the match along with the main stand .. Would more people meet up and have a drink at East end rather than up the town ? . Who knows just a thought.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 11:59

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 15 Jul 09:48

By the looks of Johan, he has been indulging a bit too much on the match day experience ? 😂

Lol. I miss your banter old man.

The parstv match day experience is better when you`re on mute 😬

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 12:01

Quote:

Gadgie59, Thu 14 Jul 23:50

Good post Johan_Cruyff and nice to hear a bit about ‘soccer’ match day experience :)

There’s no doubt that they do take their match days seriously….maybe the sport in question plays an important part in attention to what’s happening on the park - I lived in California for a while and the ‘College’ football (US) was taken pretty seriously [College football basically being the feed/talent for the NFL … Super Bowl and all], so certainly not their top-flight.

I think here, the match day experience means different things to different people - personally, I really don’t see the attraction in swilling copious amounts of beer before, during (if available) and after ‘the match’ …. But hey ho …. That might be what some folk look forward to all week?

Back when I started watching football, pie and Bovril were traditional fare on offer, which when standing around the terracing on a cold and miserable Scottish Saturday afternoon, was quite appealing lol! I remember early visits to Hampden (to watch Scotland) and being totally mystified as to the appeal in selling/buying macaroon bars! For football? Why? Go figure!

Nice post gadgie. In the south where I am college football is like religion. Georgia finally won the national championship beating Alabama. I guess cause the falcons are awful in the NFL they need to support college teams. Lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 15:38

sounds terrible JC but I cant wait to come over and experience the Arena.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LuckyTiler  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 09:11

Remember that phase the club had where a guy came out on the pitch with a mic, trying to whip up excitement as he read out the team sheet? You have to admire his persistence, keeping that up for a whole season when all he ever got was a derisory murmur that had died out before he got through the back four.

On the other hand, I fondly remember being whipped up into a half-time frenzy at a couple of grounds by the appearance of Keepie-Uppie Man. Legend!

Away the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LuckyTiler  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 09:13

I’ve always thought if they must play Glad All Over, they should at least play The Rezillos’ version

Away the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 12:34

Quote:

LuckyTiler, Tue 19 Jul 09:13

I’ve always thought if they must play Glad All Over, they should at least play The Rezillos’ version

https://youtu.be/hW6ERIN5b08[\url]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 19:08

That’s a much better version.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alecm  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 20:00

No to the Rezillos version...just a speed up version of Dave Clark Five! Bring back Sammy..was often the only entertainment on offer at EEP ..and something for kids young and old to cheer them up !

A.M.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net