DAFC.net
Home 07 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Ross County
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 12:09

link to highlights

highlights up now

James Mcpake at 2pm

Rhys Breen at 4pm

from the ParsTV team

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Ross County
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 12:40

It looked like a competitive game based on these highlights. Was that a tug on McCann near the end?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 12:46

Well, I know that it was only a small highlights package, but there was certainly enough there to suggest that we gave as good as we got against a premier league side.

The anticipation and the fluidity of the passing in the first half plays was a joy to observe; night and day in comparison to our tardy efforts of last season.

The goal was a bit unfortunate. The only error I saw from Mehmet was that his punch out could have enjoyed better contact perhaps allowing him to direct it with more accuracy, but judging a very high ball coming vertically towards you from the heavens is notoriously difficult; ask any tennis player.

Looks like we had several chances in the second half, proving that we didn`t let our heads down after going a goal behind.

Much room for optimism, I think.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 12:51

We`re playing at a quicker tempo this season and it`s good to see we were able to keep that going against a Premiership team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 12:52

Played quite well. Abut unlucky not to score. Mehmet had no chance at the goal.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 12:59

I`m surprised at some fans saying Mehmet was at fault for the goal. He takes zero blame for that.

As much as we created some very decent chances the finishing was very poor. Wighton`s miss was a howler, McCann should have done better after Wighton hit the bar and Todd should be hitting the target when we curled it over the bar. McCann seems to be excellent at finishing with his head but I cannot recall him scoring many with his feet. If he improves on that he could have a big career ahead of him.

Listening to it on the radio we were very unfortunate to lose yesterday. I just pray we can take our league cup form to the league for once. I`d imagine if we win on Saturday we will get through to the next round.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 12:59

Can’t see anything wrong with Mehmet at the goal. His punch clears the 18 yard box. Some nice moves & on another day it comes off the bar and goes in.

…….onwards to next week.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 13:08

There’s no way Mehmet takes any blame for that goal. It’s a poor update from someone in the ground that’s been rightly passed on.
Good play from the team throughout yesterday and walked away from the stadium feeling far more optimistic and a bit disheartened we didn’t at least take it to pens.

Pars Review: https://twitter.com/parsreview?s=21
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 13:44

Totally agree with OzPar: that first half spell of confident passing whilst under pressure, from one end of the park to the other, was a joy to watch. That alone suggests that the team is in a much better place already. Disappointing that none of our efforts on goal yielded results - this seemed to be a combination of bad luck and rushed finishing. It’s early days though. We gave a good account of ourselves against superior opposition, and that bodes well for the season ahead.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 15:39

Was a bit clutching at straws looking to blame the keeper there. Encouraging performance going by the albeit short highlights. Also quite like the honesty in the managers post match interview.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 16:35

As someone who was there and saw the whole 90 minutes, I thought it was a good display. Nothing between the teams in terms of fitness or ability.

Definitely not pointing the finger at Mehmet for the goal.

My only two gripes are: poor defending of the back post at the goal and again when RC 26 should have scored; and too many corners swung in close to their big keeper to catch easily.

Lots of promise for the season ahead.

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 17:01

The better the opponent, the less time on the ball you have. We looked very composed on the ball notwithstanding less time and being hounded by some very quick athletic players -- that sequence in the highlights where we played the ball out of the back, back to the GK and finished with a shot was excellent from the players.

Finishing is an issue even at the highest level. If you create enough chances, though, you will score goals. Our issue last season was that, except for a brief period of time after the change of managers, we did not create near enough chances. If we keep creating chances, we`ll be in good shape.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Sun 17 Jul 22:10

looked really good but still nervous as like last year no cutting edge up front
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net