DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Away Match Experience.
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 13:32

After reading certain posts about our match day failures, It could be interesting to find the opinion of our traveling support on their visits this season.
Nothing about the the actual game, (enough posts ) but more on the pre match build up, entertainment, catering, club shop, facilities, anything, but the game.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Away Match Experience.
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 13:41

Good post, Ben. Will be interesting to see how Pars fans rate these, compared to the home match experience, ìt may make some fans realise it`s not so bad after all.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 14:14

I received a few messages from Pars fans yesterday in relation to the seating arrangements provided by Ross Co. Seems we were contained in a corner of the stadium where some fans had a particularly poor view, even although the rest of the stand behind the goals was empty.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 14:36

Kaiser are the pars concerned with the capacity of FC Edinburgh stadium? Second game of the season you would expect well over 1000 pars fans. Looking at some of the comments about Arbroath playing there on Saturday it does not sound like a ground fit for purpose .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 14:38

Did they mention anything other than seating KC. Such as food, toilets, Pre match, or half time local schools shoot out, or just the normal `raffle` announcements.

Post Edited (Mon 18 Jul 14:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 14:43

LEDGEND85,
I meant this for what our supporters have experienced in the last away game, not for future games where nobody has gone yet.

Post Edited (Mon 18 Jul 14:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 14:57

yeah but a post about away match experience can surely be about a future game especially the one in question loads of pars fan could be locked out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 16:46

My first visit to Dingwall and I was well impressed by the setup and all the Ross County fans and workers were friendly and it was a pleasure to be there.
As Kaiser said above tho, it was a ridiculous to give the Pars fans probably the worst possible view of the game. Not only in the corner of the north stand but few fans were even level with the pitch.
I think the Pars board should question this with Ross County as the rest of that stand was completely empty.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 16:50

Used to be able to go anywhere. Now your herded into contained areas. When you could be spread out and chilled. Not on really.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 17:08

Perhaps the banners saying “F**k Falkirk” and “Dunfermline Hooligans” made the RC stewards a bit stricter than they might have been?

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thursopar  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 17:54

I used to attend quite a few away games, but given the overall experience of how we’re treated I’ve stopped. QOS and Partick Thistle were particularly poor; seats covered in bird sh1t and food that tasted like it was left over from the previous game.

Also, dislike being herded in to fit with stewarding, only to find them allowing late arrivals to sit where they wanted.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 17:57

Fans get stuck in every corner, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts ect ect, that`s part of what you paid for and you know how you were treated. We have a season in a complete different league with new places to visit.
How was the catering, was it easy to buy programs or as gwh18 said, were we herded in.
What was your experience??

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 19:18

Quote:

Ben,D.A, Mon 18 Jul 17:57

Fans get stuck in every corner, Celtic, Rangers, Hearts.......

Doesn`t make it right though, Ben. Away fans have every right to complain if they are poorly treated compared to home fans whatever league their 3team plays in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 19:29

Away fans always treated different. No difference to legends being available only for home fans.
Most teams in league one will deal with maybe 150/200 away fans max so depending on numbers it will be interesting,
However most matches away will be ticket only giving clubs time to organise appropriately

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 20:34

My main point was meant to be a season long Post about the last away game some and many will travel this coming 22/23 campaign.
Ross County doesn`t seem to have much going for it so far..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 22:08

I do find it incredibly frustrating how badly clubs treat away fans. These are paying customers who have so many leisure choices to make, yet clubs seem to make it a mission to treat them like scum. I mean Ross County on Saturday, a 3 hour 30 minute travel to pay £20 to get shoved in a corner when the whole stand behind the goal is open? Covid on the rise again but let’s force fans into tiny wee sections and leave whole swathes of same stand empty. It just defies logic. But that’s the attitude of Scottish football clubs coming to the fore again and again. Would be nice to think that our club will do things differently, lets see some proof of that this season.

Have clubs ever sat there and thought, what can we do to Attract more away fans? It’s as if it’s totally missing from their thinking. Ultimately every away fan is between £10-£20 of income, why not make a bit of an effort and welcome them? I’m not saying roll out the red carpet, but what can be done to welcome families and away fans as a day out? Allow their mascot to be in their stand for the kids, have a couple of posters as photo opportunities in the stand for selfies etc, I don’t know really, just throwing ideas out there - surely all can do more than what is done now?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Mon 18 Jul 22:10

Thursopar, the food (pies) at Partick are now excellent, they have a bespoke pie each week, definitely the best I have had in a number of years.
Catering wise I have always found the premier league clubs to be the poorest, once a club decision to add hotdog and pizza to the menu results in a general poor experience.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 00:53

Have never been to QoS but I live just a few miles from Firhill and out of the countless Pars games I`ve been to there, I`ve never noticed any bird 🐦 droppings on the seats. Apart from the state of the pitch, it`s normally a fairly pleasant experience.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 06:31

Quote:

theparsman1885, Mon 18 Jul 22:08

I do find it incredibly frustrating how badly clubs treat away fans. These are paying customers who have so many leisure choices to make, yet clubs seem to make it a mission to treat them like scum. I mean Ross County on Saturday, a 3 hour 30 minute travel to pay £20 to get shoved in a corner when the whole stand behind the goal is open? Covid on the rise again but let’s force fans into tiny wee sections and leave whole swathes of same stand empty. It just defies logic. But that’s the attitude of Scottish football clubs coming to the fore again and again. Would be nice to think that our club will do things differently, lets see some proof of that this season.

Have clubs ever sat there and thought, what can we do to Attract more away fans? It’s as if it’s totally missing from their thinking. Ultimately every away fan is between £10-£20 of income, why not make a bit of an effort and welcome them? I’m not saying roll out the red carpet, but what can be done to welcome families and away fans as a day out? Allow their mascot to be in their stand for the kids, have a couple of posters as photo opportunities in the stand for selfies etc, I don’t know really, just throwing ideas out there - surely all can do more than what is done now?

Great post, parsman.

I think it only recently became illegal to charge away fans more for an identical viewpoint as home fans. The reason fans are herded into a small area is to save on stewarding - penny pinching at its best. 🙁

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 12:21

You’re probably right GG. Cost cutting etc. just all has that collective knock on effects on future attendances.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 12:32

Would be interesting to see if someone has the knowledge. Whether there are regulations regarding stewarding per area or by number of spectators. Or whether the herding is to make their life easier. I mean you never get pushed together for the best seats/views.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 12:34

Would disagree that we get "stuck in the corner" at Tynecastle. The away view at Tynecastle is one of the best you`ll get in Scotland, it`s not comparable with Celtic or Rangers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 12:50

The Toun Clock wrote:

> Would disagree that we get "stuck in the corner" at Tynecastle.
> The away view at Tynecastle is one of the best you`ll get in
> Scotland, it`s not comparable with Celtic or Rangers.
>
>

One visit there in last ten years though! 😂

The issue for me is most of the championship and league 1 teams who have quarter full stadiums but then still stick say fans in obscure places,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 15:28

The absolute worst for that is Morton. For a few years we were either behind the goal on a nice day or in the section at the end of the cowshed. The view from that bit of the cowshed isn`t great, but it`s a far better place to watch football than the awful main stand. The last time I was there, they were back to putting us in the stand and I just thought `**** this`. I didn`t go to the second away game that season, though would have done so were Pars fans going to be in another part of the ground.

I don`t really care if it`s easy to buy a programme or if there`s a pie available filled with mince, double cream and bramble jam. All I really care about is being able to get into the game with minimal fannying about, being able to stand at the back (my dad has very bad sciatic pain) and having a reasonable view. Being squeezed into a very small section whern there`s no real need for it is annoying. After that, relaxed and minimally intrusive stewarding makes a difference. The only other thing for me is how well I like the ground - this includes being able to get under cover if it rains, but also just a feeling of how the ground is as a whole.

Others will value different things, but for me the experience is purely to do with actually watching football and the surroundings teh game is played in.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 16:23

The main stand at Morton is disgraceful nothing else can be said about it.

One of the worst away days is Falkirk because of where it`s located and it`s not that easy to get there by public transport
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 16:32

I should have renamed this post `Future away match experience`
We`ve all BEEN to many other grounds in the past, good or bad, but how will Alloa, Fafafalirk, Kelty Hahahearts or FC Edinburgh amongst others welcome us.
How was your experience?

Please post below once you have been:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 16:36

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Mon 18 Jul 17:08

Perhaps the banners saying “F**k Falkirk” and “Dunfermline Hooligans” made the RC stewards a bit stricter than they might have been?

Aye that’s exactly why we were shoved away in a wee corner 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 any one of a hundred reasons to choose and you have with one that’s most likely p!sh but also has a dig at our own fans

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 21:33

Won`t be many away fans with a future experience of FC Edinburgh with such a tiny capacity. Be lucky if we get 200 tickets.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 22:04

“One visit there in last ten years though! 😂“

Very good. The person that mentioned Tynie mentioned Rangers and Celtic, hence the mention.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Jul 23:16

The Toun Clock wrote:

> “One visit there in last ten years though! 😂“
>
> Very good. The person that mentioned Tynie mentioned Rangers
> and Celtic, hence the mention.
>
>

Understood your point fine well. My point is no need to worry about those, wait til you see the “view” at Meadowbank………. 😶

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Wed 20 Jul 12:24

12 lanes of running track between the seats and the pitch. The seats only have 3 rows. Quality 🙄

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 20 Jul 13:12

Quote:

Ladswell_Thistle, Wed 20 Jul 12:24

12 lanes of running track between the seats and the pitch. The seats only have 3 rows. Quality 🙄

An FC Edinburgh fan went to the game Saturday and sent a picture. They have a railing at the front, running the full length of the stand, at head height when seated in the front row. Said you can’t see a thing and the experience is awful.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Jul 13:35

Aye I seen some photos of FC Edinburgh`s setup, it`s rubbish. I`ve been in nicer bus shelters.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Jul 13:52

It`s nice to find out what we can maybe expect, and much said maybe true.

No doubt many clubs in our league are rubbing there hands with our traveling support boosting their average crowds and coffers.
What will they offer for the pounds you spend on match day.
Were any club mascots on show, how about the banter, meeting locals that no doubt work on match days, such as we have in Marv.
Away seats or standing may cause a problem but its still nice to know what to expect, ie; Kelty, ect ect

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 20 Jul 14:09

If there is space the hospitality at Kelty is a great experience. Well priced and more food than youll ever be able to eat.

Sausage/bacon/haggis etc rolls on arrival.

Curry/Chilli/Stovies at HT

Pies post match with MOTM and Manager attending to do some meet and greets and awards with live sports on TVs in the function suit.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 20 Jul 15:23

that`s a big `if there is space` Playup_Pompey, a guaranteed sell out I would suggest so let`s see how those who successfully buy tickets get on :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 09:41

First away match this season at FC Edinburgh and we have the pleasure of playing their first game at Meadowbank.
Other posts have highlighted difficulties with ticket and seating, probable atmosphere and even Pars TV streaming.
Lets see how the attending Pars fans get on with their day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 09:50

I`m keeping an open mind but asking fans to turn up 2 hours before kick-off for a ground with a capacity of around 1250 seems a bit OTT. I`m planning to arrive about 2.30.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 10:39

There’s only one entry point Wee Eck, that’s why they’ve asked folk to turn up early, plus there will be checks taking place for correct entry tickets.

Don’t come on here later and moan about having to stand in a long queue / missing the first half when the authorities have politely asked patrons to arrive early.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Sat 06 Aug 10:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 10:53

I get what your saying buffy but asking fans to turn up 2hrs before kick is unreasonable and really is asking the fans to cover up a completely unacceptable set up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 10:55

Wee Eck is right though. Turning up half an hour before kick off for a third tier game should be more than enough time to get in. If they only have one turnstile then that is the issue right there, totally inadequate for the situation. Asking fans to turn up 2 hours before the match does not exempt FC Edinburgh from criticism if people are late in in any way, shape or form.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 11:00

Having only one entry point is strange. Isn`t Meadowbank going to host big athletics meetings as it did in the past? All clubs say they`ll be doing security checks but I haven`t seen any in practice other than scanning your phone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 11:02

What other form of entertainment would ask people to arrive over an hour in advance, in the outdoors for such a small attendance? How about our fixture on 7th January? Anyone fancy standing in the cold from 1.30 till 5pm?

Football fans get a bad rep for many justifiable reasons but we`re also routinely treated like mugs. This stadium is simply demonstrably unsuitable for any form of professional, ticketed football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 11:03

Eck I asked that question on P&B. To me it looks like they`ve given up on large events?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 11:10

The queues at Dover must be moving faster than they`re anticipating at Meadowbank. Let`s see what transpires.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 12:12

I never said FC Edinburgh can’t be questioned or criticised etc for this or any other match. I simply provided a reason for why they’ve asked supporters to arrive early. They might cope with the influx no problem; there might be problems, who knows? They’re simply advising to try and avoid any potential issues. They’d be slated no doubt if they didn’t try.

If supporters don’t want to go early, for whatever reason, then that’s their prerogative.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 17:03

£18 for that is a disgrace. Shocking view. If you don`t get right against the railing in the right spot then you have a restricted view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 17:31

Embarrassment of a ground, surely they can’t carry on that next season? Feel sorry for the stewards who will have to deal with pelters all season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 17:40

View was alright, expected a lot worse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 17:54

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 6 Aug 17:40

View was alright, expected a lot worse.

I think if you got the right spot then view would be alright. I struggled to find anywhere to see the entire pitch. I`m not graced with great height so was looking through people. Moved to behind the goal which was best view I had but still couldn`t see a 1/4 of the pitch due to the storage container.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 18:21

Following the negative comments about the Edinburgh fc match, I decided not to go. I went to the Partick Thistle game instead. I thought the crowd was about 4,000 and at least 500 of them didn`t get in until half an hour past the kick off time. The queues at the ticket booths were huge.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 18:29

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 6 Aug 18:21

Following the negative comments about the Edinburgh fc match, I decided not to go. I went to the Partick Thistle game instead. I thought the crowd was about 4,000 and at least 500 of them didn`t get in until half an hour past the kick off time. The queues at the ticket booths were huge.

How weird? In case you can’t see the game?

Support your team through thick and thin.

I wasn’t looking forward to it but arrived at 2.35pm got in ok and could see fine. View want good but only distance. Most disappointing was no pies
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 18:35

I was supporting them. My eyes were glued to my mobile. But Firhill is just up the road from my house so easier to go there with my pal and check out former Pars players Kyle Turner and Stephen Lawless. See you all at East End next week for the Montrose game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 18:58

Today was the worst viewing experience I can remember watching the Pars and that includes Central Park and Cliftonhill. We even had a steward telling us not to lean on the crush barriers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 19:04

My thoughts exactly wee eck, today made Central Park look like the San Siro.

Doubt I will be back for the next game there in the middle of winter.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thenatural  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 19:14

Terrible place to watch fitba. Weak opposition (made even weaker by red card) but Pars did what they needed to do. Thoroughly enjoyed a couple of hours in Bellfield Brewery taproom before the game though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 19:29

That was one of the worst match day experiences I have ever had and if they think im standing in a ploughed field in the mddle of January they have another think coming.
I arrived at 1pm as per requests from FC Edinburgh with my grandkid and father and we were waiting from then until 1:45pm when the gates eventually opened, the reason the steward gave me was that they had not ordered the trained first aid to start at 1pm and could not open gates until they arrived.
The view was terrible no slope or raised platform to see the game. No point getting a stance at the halfway line as the dugouts then blocked out the goalmouths and most of the pitch in either half.
The catering vans were taking a lot of time to get preparations up and running and £2 for a cup of tea (no bovril) was as much as they could charge. No pies only burgers and hot dogs and the catering staff were far from welcoming.
The Meadowbank from the late eighties was a far more comfortable viewing experience than this shambles and that`s with a main stand modelled on the north face of the Eiger.
I don`t expect much at away games but I expect better than this.
I think Ainslie park is a better place to watch games than this place and I think we should be given an explanation by the SPFL as to why they think this place is suitable for football matches.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 19:38

^^^^totally agree with all of that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 20:05

The only thing to rival that as an experience watching football is the main stand at Cappielow. My expectations were low and even then I was disappointed. As a curiosity it has some interest, but as a place to watch football it`s very bad indeed.

The ground just isn`t fit to hold a crowd of more than a couple of hundred. When I went in, I looked for the toilets and thought they`d most likely be in the back of the stand. So I walked, completely unimpeded, to what I thought was the toilet and inadvertently opened the door of what turned out to be the referee`s changing room with the 3 of them just getting ready to go out! When I went back they were outside and about to get the teams out, and while I waited we all had a wee laugh about it not being the best ground. Although funny in a way (thankfully it wasn`t Craig Napier) it just shouldn`t be possible for that to happen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 21:10

A couple of improvements from the viewing point of view.

Reduce the height of the long jump sand pit cover

Make the dugout plastic see through

More toilets are required for a crowd the size of todays

Entrance wasn`t too bad arrived at 2.30 and only took 10 minutes to get in.

I`m not sure how they can spend millions only to make the stadium worse, no way can it host any major athletics events any more, and certainly not a football stadium.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 09:52

Fit for a Junior side at best, not compatible for crowds over 500, I think the second visit there will be much less well attended

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 10:05

Really it was a joke , bit like going to watch your kids playing for the school team,we managed to blag a seat albeit in the Edinburgh section ,good laugh actually, the handrail was actually at eye level which didn’t help,athletics fan must only eat burgers and chips as no pies or bovril were available. Good result but poor experience COYP

Post Edited (Mon 08 Aug 10:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 11:10

Quote:

LEGEND85, Tue 19 Jul 16:23

The main stand at Morton is disgraceful nothing else can be said about it.

One of the worst away days is Falkirk because of where it`s located and it`s not that easy to get there by public transport

Now that’s a bit unfair to be honest. Don’t know where your travelling from but I live in stenhousemuir and the buses from the town centre down to Grangemouth are more often than they are to stenny. I agree that it’s not ideal cause you have to share with the 6 finger mutants lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 11:37

A number of observations :

(a) The earlier comment about the toilets is spot on. 4 portaloos for the hundreds of people in attendance was a horrible shortfall. Utterly insanitary, and hard to imagine that this meets even the most rudimentary public standards.
(b) The food we had was decent but overpriced.
(c) The viewing options are terribly limited. It may well be fine for the clubs who bring a small support, but fans of Dunfermline and Falkirk will struggle.
(d) I thought the stewards and people at the club were friendly and welcoming.
(e) As others have said, Lord help any fans attending in inclement weather conditions - take your wellies !
(f) With two far, far bigger clubs in the city, Edinburgh City will always be a bit of a niche team with a slightly quirky support base. Meadowbank Thistle were the very same. I wish them well, but I’m unsure how sustainable this project is in the long term.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 14:44

Good luck going there in January if the stadium situation hasn`t changed. It`ll be a mud pit before Halloween.

https://eastendtales.buzzsprout.com/
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net