DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Same players as last season
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 17:17

These players didn`t do anything for Grant or Yogi, what does McPake think he`s going to get out of them?

Lack of effort from most of them, pathetic today.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Same players as last season
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 17:20

Same old story one up front at home two strikers wide pathetic .

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 17:22

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 23 Jul 17:17

These players didn`t do anything for Grant or Yogi, what does McPake think he`s going to get out of them?

Lack of effort? Nonsense.

Lack of quality, lack of performance. Absolutely.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 17:29

Squad is full of players that are just not good enough. Mcpake will under fire if he doesn’t bring in 3-4 experienced players before the transfer window closes.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 17:31

Can’t agree with the lack of effort comment. Todd and McCann were knackered after an hour because of the running they’d done. Paul Allan got box to box all game. O’Hara barely stopped running all game. Hamilton was all over the park, breaking up most Alloa attacks when he was on the park. Full backs did a lot of running and both centre halves fought for everything.

Second half was awful and well below the standard we need. But that wasn’t because of a lack of effort. Was there a lack of urgency in the second half? Absolutely. But not a lack of effort - except for maybe a couple of players. Heads went down as soon as we conceded, which is a big concern. Went into a lot of the same patterns as last season and our intensity definitely dropped. But, again, that’s not a lack of effort.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 17:33

Trying to shoehorn three centre forwards in the team presumably to keep them all happy isn’t helping either. Wighton and O’Hara ain’t wingers although O’Hara did play wide right when he was at Alloa.

We are stuck with contacted players who are going through the motions unfortunately.

We will see what McPake is made of in the weeks ahead.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 17:33

So isn’t it worrying we have players who can’t last 90 minutes? Maybe not as fit as we think they are

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 17:38

Quote:

desparado, Sat 23 Jul 17:33

Trying to shoehorn three centre forwards in the team presumably to keep them all happy isn’t helping either. Wighton and O’Hara ain’t wingers although O’Hara did play wide right when he was at Alloa.

We are stuck with contacted players who are going through the motions unfortunately.

We will see what McPake is made of in the weeks ahead.

No other options at present but it’s certainly square pegs in round holes

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:11

Having three players up front when none can actually beat a man in a one to one situation is going to get us nowhere , badly needing a wide man or two .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:15

Rest assured the club will be desperately trying to offload a number of the players contracted to this season who mcpake is now stuck with.

Until we find suckers to take them what else can we do?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:16

The place needed freshened up, they`ve changed the management team but brought in two new faces when a clear out was in order. Some of these players are on their 5th manager here, the majority their 3rd, how many opportunities do you give players ?
The insistence with youth cost us last season and it looks like a strategy they are sticking with.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:19

No lack of effort but definitely a lack of quality. Same players that basically got us relegated. It’s a worry for sure.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:42

What concerns me is that game should have been out of site by HT.

JMP can only work with the hand he’s been dealt & that’s going to be tricky.

- We badly need a natural right winger - Give Todd the gig he was fine there last season.

- Far to many byeline cut backs to no-one - You need two following in, one to the 6yrd box & the second on the pen spot.

We played some excellent football in the FH, pleasing to see but we need an end product.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:58

What I`ve thought for some time is that we have three (or four for that matter, if you count Todorov) main strikers who don`t strike often enough. You can`t question their work ethic as generally they cover acres of pitch in the course of a match but they just don`t seem to have the ability (or magic as we used to call it) to turn a promising move into a goal. Craig Wighton seems to display a certain timidity when going one to one with his opposite number, Kevin O`Hara doesn`t strike me as being fast enough and when playing as a winger, too direct and predictable. Lewis McCann shows some promise as a target man and is relatively good in the air but is still quite raw and doesn`t look as if he could outpace the opposition very often. We need front men who can put the ball in the net against decent opposition and I`m patiently waiting for that to happen. To some extent I`m glad we didn`t make it through in the League Cup because the League is the acid test and I just hope our 4 front men can rub my nose in my negative comments and show us all they have what it takes to get this club promoted.

Post Edited (Sat 23 Jul 18:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 20:15

One of Scotland`s best strikers in recent years is desperate to find a club at the moment. The only stumbling block is McPake knows him too well.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 20:25

Quote:

bannerpar, Sat 23 Jul 20:15

One of Scotland`s best strikers in recent years is desperate to find a club at the moment. The only stumbling block is McPake knows him too well.

Who`s that then? 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 20:45

Assume griffiths?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 20:47

Got it. But I think he was messing about at Dundee when McPake was there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 20:50

Quote:

gordi-b, Sat 23 Jul 18:11

Having three players up front when none can actually beat a man in a one to one situation is going to get us nowhere , badly needing a wide man or two .

Absolutely spot on
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 07:59

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 23 Jul 20:45

Assume griffiths?

Too much baggage. Squad harmony is very important if we`re going to achieve promotion. We saw what happened last season when we had a squad peppered with players with a poor attitude and two managers who were unable to do anything about it.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 09:56

Griffiths played 12 games for Falkirk last season and scored twice, one of which was a penalty. He was known as the corner taker because that was his main contribution. He was very overweight though, maybe with his new fitness regime he may be a better player this year.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 12:01

We can sign all the strikers we want, we have no wingers to create chances for them. O`Hara, Wighton, McCann and Todorov are all goalscorers. They won`t create chances from wide.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 12:16

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Sat 23 Jul 17:17

Can`t say I seen a lack of effort from our players yesterday. It`s just that most of them are total guff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 13:36

If only there was a winger that played in the same league as us for another Fife team.
I know it has been done to death but I am a sentimental fool!

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 14:11

Aye Stevie he’s adored by the fans , can actually beat a player , a winger , no thanks. ( yes I know he’s under contract for this season and we can’t get him anyway).

Old Chris Burke would do us a turn as well but probably out of reach financially .Adam still doesn’t have a club either but the same probably applies.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 14:17

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 24 Jul 07:59

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 23 Jul 20:45

Assume griffiths?

Too much baggage. Squad harmony is very important if we`re going to achieve promotion. We saw what happened last season when we had a squad peppered with players with a poor attitude and two managers who were unable to do anything about it.

Yes agree in some respects. I had hoped that the players who are still at the club want to be there. I understand there is a 7 year plan which at least is a transparent approach to our current circumstances and need to build a solid foundation that makes the club successful and sustainable in the years ahead. I can see us being in this league for a couple of seasons as part of that plan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 15:47

Yes agree in some respects. I had hoped that the players who are still at the club want to be there. I understand there is a 7 year plan which at least is a transparent approach to our current circumstances and need to build a solid foundation that makes the club successful and sustainable in the years ahead. I can see us being in this league for a couple of seasons as part of that plan.

I agree Indiapar.

We get out this league through producing a good team through the academy ie good coaching, not by throwing money at it in my opinion.

And if that means it takes 2 or 3 years so be it. Whether supporters will put up with that, well that`s another thing altogether.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 15:48

Yes agreed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 17:01

Quote:

xgatesmafia, Sun 24 Jul 14:11

Aye Stevie he’s adored by the fans , can actually beat a player , a winger , no thanks. ( yes I know he’s under contract for this season and we can’t get him anyway).

Old Chris Burke would do us a turn as well but probably out of reach financially .Adam still doesn’t have a club either but the same probably applies.

Butke changed his mind and retired. Took coaching role at Killie.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net