DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Oh dear, not again?
Topic Originator: Lassodie  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:10

A chance to lay down a marker after a desperate season last time out and we lost at home to mighty Alloa.
I live a fair distance away and cannot attend many games but from those who were there today is there any hope?
Don’t say it doesn’t matter as the real season(in the third division!) doesn’t start till next week as winning breeds confidence and we lost at home.
Newly joined here but I was at the 1961 Cup Final so I’ve seen a game or two.
Can anyone cheer me up?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Oh dear, not again?
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:14

we didn`t lose
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:15

It was a draw.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:16

They are our bogey team. This league is going to be tight, we’re going to have to beat alloa at some point this season if we plan on competing at the top.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:20

We lost 5-4 on penalties.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:20

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:21

Quote:

Lassodie, Sat 23 Jul 18:20

The game was a draw which gained 1 point. The penalties are seperate for a bonus point. This is not new.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:23

Pedantic-but should we not be beating Alloa at home if we want to get back into the second division?

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:25

Quote:

Lassodie, Sat 23 Jul 18:23

Pedantic-but should we not be beating Alloa at home if we want to get back into the second division?

In the league yes. Pre season cup not so much.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:27

Plenty of Premier teams put out including St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hibs so wouldn`t get that worried over not going through in this competition. Qualified last season and the start to the league campaign was a complete disaster.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:31

Clubs potentially lost out on £100k plus for not qualifying, could’ve been the difference for getting players in

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:42

That didn`t work out last season did it?

Lassodie seems to think if we lose to Alloa next week we can`t win the league. I thought it was decided over 36 games. Have they changed the rules?

It`s hard to believe someone who has been watching the Pars since 1961 doesn`t understand the ups and downs of Scottish football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 18:56

Let`s see how we get on against them next week - we should have beat them today but didn`t. Let`s give the players and manager a chance to put things right.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 19:36

These three teams can afford not to worry because unlike us they’re in the top tier where we aspired to be last season-till the roof fell in.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 19:40

I doubt they`ll see it like that. All teams are looking to make the later stages and the chance of a big payday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 19:41

No need to be smart.

Winning is a habit with which we sadly have become unfamiliar.To have won today and possibly scraped qualification could have been a platform on which to build.

Like another poster said, a good draw, a few bob might have bought another player?

Presumably we’re all singing from the same song sheet here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 19:44

On the positive side …. We only conceded one goal from four shots on target; which is a massive improvement on the first half of last season, where we were conceding one goal from every two shots on target.

Pity Alloa only conceded one goal from eight shots on target though.

But, if we keep that sort of ratio going I would expect we will win a lot of games.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 19:55

We were certainly not clinical enough in front of goal. I seem to remember a few misses when something on target would have got us that important second goal. In the second half in the space of 10 seconds, the Alloa defence made three goal line clearances? Disappointing not to qualify and to earn some cash. But let’s do the business next week.COYP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 21:43

Imagine sinking so low that Alloa are your bogey team. Dark days to continue for some time I’m afraid.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 23 Jul 22:07

Lassodie, you started all this nonsense by drawing comparison with next week`s League game then stating we lost this game when, over 90 minutes, we didn`t. I don`t know what your motive was but you seem a wee bit confused.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 09:58

Why is my post ‘nonsense’-how dare you.
My posts are as worthwhile or as worthless as your own my friend and I, like you am entitled to an opinion.
With regard to the result we LOST 5-4 on penalties after drawing 1-1 after 90 mins.
Putting this in perspective remember we were playing mighty Alloa at home in our stadium in front of our fans.
We were in the Championship last season with a chance to join the big boys but we failed miserably.
To dismiss the result as being of no consequence because the ‘real stuff’ begins next week is akin to the guy who didn’t get the job after the interview saying he didn’t really want it anyway.
Nevertheless we need to get off to a good start this season and possibly blowing a chance to progress in this cup competition was not good.
Best wishes.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 10:14

No one is questioning your entitlement to an opinion but don`t expect everyone to agree with it. The lack of logic in your opening post was pointed out by a number of posters.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 10:51

Thank you.

We are all on the same side here although a healthy exchange of opinions does no harm.

However I find the questioning of my ‘logic’ to be perplexing.

We failed to win a game that we should be winning with the odds in our favour.

We missed a possible chance to progress in a competition we entered in the hope of winning.

That to me is not illogical.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 11:28

The thing is if we want to win the league we really can’t lose our home games. I can’t remember us ever losing our first home league game then winning the league. Teams who win leagues don’t often lose at home.

In all honesty though we won’t even get up in the playoffs if that’s our midfield for the season. Absolutely woeful.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 11:36

Quote:

The Boss, Sun 24 Jul 11:28

The thing is if we want to win the league we really can’t lose our home games. I can’t remember us ever losing our first home league game then winning the league. Teams who win leagues don’t often lose at home.

In all honesty though we won’t even get up in the playoffs if that’s our midfield for the season. Absolutely woeful.

100% agree with this
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 11:45

It has always been difficult to beat Alloa .in the last 12 meetings there has 4 wins each and 4 Draws .

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 12:43

We were a Championship side who were quite properly relegated.

We should now be the big boys in this league and we can’t beat a lowly team at home.

Of course a home league win is now essential if we are to build any momentum-and it’s Alloa again!

Wish I could be there to see for myself but the highlights package, albeit brief showed a team without guts last season.

Lose a goal and the players walked meekly back to their starting positions-where’s the shouters or is that not allowed any more?

Never a great player here through school, university and town teams but I could always be relied on to offer encouragement and instruction.

It’s a man’s game-get stuck into them!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 13:05

You can`t really single out one off games and say we won`t win the league because we haven`t beaten x at home.

Man City drew with Southampton and got turned over by Crystal Palace at home and won the league.

Champions League winners Real Madrid failed to beat Cadiz and Elche in the bottom half of La Liga at home and won the league.

We`d prefer to win every game we play but lower ranking teams stop higher ranking teams winning and sometimes beat them. It`s the nature of the game. We`ll have a much better idea of where we are after the first nine league games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 13:29

I remember going to the Recs for a league cup game and we got beat 4-0. I think it was in the late 70s.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 14:08

I don`t think that you can extrapolate this game to the rest of our season. What I would say is that McPake wanted to win the game and put a team on the park to do that. We tried to finish the game off in the first half and ran out of steam in the second. Probably tired legs from hard preseason training that will reap benefits as the season progresses.

Bad result definately but not an indication of the season ahead in my view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 16:00

We tried to finish the game off in the first half and ran out of steam in the second. Probably tired legs from hard preseason training that will reap benefits as the season progresses.

What a load of pash.

Professionals ran out of steam against a part time team who powered through the 90+ minutes.

We`ve got tired legs before the league campaign starts right, but starting next week and going forward we`ll look superfit right ?

The hard work was done weeks ago, we should be flying in these games Cmon min 🙄

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 24 Jul 17:22

Ref Indiapar
Sun 24 Jul 14:08

`Bad result definately but not an indication of the season ahead in my view.`

--------------------------------------------------------------

It took away all my optimism, because it seems to be a continuation from last season. We`ve had relegation followed by failing to qualify from a doable group - getting knocked out of the league cup at home by feckin` Alloa. We couldn`t beat a team in our own division at home, when there was a pretty big incentive, and our form was decent.

I think we have improved but it doesn`t feel like it yet until we start beating teams in our own league.

Post Edited (Sun 24 Jul 19:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 11:37

Good words there.

We had a chance and blew it.

It’s so long since we were on a winning run that I cannot remember when it was.

Winning is a good habit and if we cannot scoosh this division we’ll be on the way out with Cowdenbeath?

Kelty Rangers, as they were when I was at school were playing Dundonald Bluebell and Crossgates Primrose and look at them now?

Hopefully we’re not going to pass them on the football escalator.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 12:04

Aye Lassodie, I`m still finding it hard to believe we`re in a league below Cove. And that, having dropped a league, it might not be any easier than the Championship. Oh for the days when we had Nikki Clark and Calum Morris and Paul McMullan - I took it all for granted. Will we ever see their likes again! Never mind the Roy Barry days! 😃

Post Edited (Mon 25 Jul 12:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 12:16

Nicky Clark used to get pelters on here. He didn`t run about enough and he only got a game because his dad was assistant to the manager.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 18:54

37 goals in two seasons. Doesn`t half look like a good stat now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 20:14

Moffat, another one hung out to dry!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 20:24

Quote:

Lassodie, Mon 25 Jul 11:37
Kelty Rangers, as they were when I was at school ...

Wait, what!? Before Kelty *Hearts* they had Kelty *Rangers*? Jesus, they get worse.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 21:10

Yes.
I was born in Kelty and went to primary school in the building behind the pitch.
If Kelty Rangers were playing we had a great time on the pitch because the goal nets were put up.
The parkie used to chase us though!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 21:31

What were they called in the 70s?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 15:17

I left Kelty in 1970-they were still Rangers then.

According to their website the name was changed in 1975.

We played regularly in Europe during my school years in the 60’s and now they’re beside us in division three!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net