DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 15:46

What is with folk moaning about how bad it was. I thought he had skyed it or nearly hit the corner flag the way some folk went on about it.
He rattled the crossbar with force FFS.
An inch lower and we would have been hailing a screamer.

Some warped eejits in our support.



Post Edited (Mon 25 Jul 15:47)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 17:01

Wasn’t even on target, poor attempt

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 17:17

You missed the statement that he is the fall guy for last season.





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 19:35

Only about 6% of penalties are not good enough to go in without keeper intervention. He’s failed at something that he has a 94% chance of success with, that’s a pretty ***** effort.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 00:21

Since 2009, almost 100,000 penalty shots have been taken on football pitches around the globe. 75.49% of those resulted in goals, 17.57% were saved by goalkeepers, 4.07% went wide and 2.87% hit posts or crossbars...

Chalmers penalty was shocking, but somehow wholly expected.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 00:55

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 25 Jul 17:01

Wasn’t even on target, poor attempt


Congratulations, you`ve won the biggest tool on this forum 🥱

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 03:05

Lots of players miss penalties. One of those things.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 07:41

I’m not worried.
Still have a football team to support.
Still look out for the results when I am not there.
Still enjoy going to the games to watch the supporter antics as well as the game.
Still get upset if a result doesn’t go out way.
Still get over it and move on as there are more important things in life.
Still a Pars fan.

Post Edited (Tue 26 Jul 07:42)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 08:12

The guy is absolutely rotten whether you take that penalty into consideration or not. Outcome is still the same. He Would struggle to get a game for a pub team.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 08:15

Quote:

parsmad68, Tue 26 Jul 07:41

I’m not worried.
Still have a football team to support.
Still look out for the results when I am not there.
Still enjoy going to the games to watch the supporter antics as well as the game.
Still get upset if a result doesn’t go out way.
Still get over it and move on as there are more important things in life.
Still a Pars fan.


👏

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 08:20

Quote:

Indiapar, Tue 26 Jul 03:05

Lots of players miss penalties. One of those things.


Aye, like 3 all in one half v Dundee United.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 09:33

Here`s a stat about penalty shoot-outs that doesn`t require any research or arithmetical calculation - in any shoot-out at least one player will miss. With that in mind, credit to any player who steps up to take one.

Most pros seem to accept that, no matter how much practice is done, there`s an element of luck about the outcome but, for some reason, some fans like to personalise it.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 10:05

Seems to me there are some fans who just dont like the guy and will never give him a break.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 10:34

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 26 Jul 10:05

Seems to me there are some fans who just dont like the guy and will never give him a break.


I don’t know the guy, I’m sure he is a sound person, however people are entitled to have a view on his football ability in their opinion. Fwiw I think he is ok.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 10:44

Ohhh, for God`s sake, you bloody assholes! FFS, Wee Eck, PARrot and DA No 1, stop being total feckwits...

I am utterly sick to death of reading your constant attacks on fellow Pars fans who happen to be thoroughly pissed off with certain players who, in our opinion, underperform. YES... WE THINK THEY UNDERPERFORM!!!

Stick your self-satisfied trolling ten feet up your a$$holes! Fans are perfectly entitled to their opinions, whether you like it or not. Stop being pretentious plonkers and accept that this is an open forum, INDEPENDENT of our football club.

We don`t always agree with what is going on at EEP, but if we followed your lack of objectivity, very quickly our beloved football club would soon be defunct...

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 10:58

I`m not a troll. I`m not a pretentious plonker. I post my opinion. I don`t question the right of any other fan to post his or her opinion but I would prefer if they could sometimes be a bit more respectful and civil when they do.

Disagreeing with someone isn`t `attacking` them. You seem to me to be guilty of what you are accusing us of. You don`t respect the opinion of anyone who disagrees with you. You lack self-awareness.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 10:58

Ozpar - why the need for the personal abuse?

Just because I don`t join in witch hunts regarding certain players?
Just because my head doesn`t come clean off my shoulders after every defeat?
Just because I`m not wetting the bed at the lack of signings with 40-odd days to go in the transfer window?
Just because I`m not questioning the managers position after a few league cup games in July

Just curious as to why I get singled out?

Oh and I`m entitled to my opinion as well so, in short, and don`t take this the wrong way but please, get yersel tae feck



Post Edited (Tue 26 Jul 11:03)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 11:02

I haven`t seen enough of Chalmers to conclude on his contributions - I thought he had a decent game when I saw him against Killie away (lost 2-1, Lafferty scored twice).

What I do know is that .net seems to love a scapegoat. Since I`ve been on this board (1998, 1999 or so) there always seems to have been a player that the posters on here `love to hate` - Chris McGroarty, Justin Skinner, Alex Burke, Ross Millen, Ryan Williamson, Nicky Clark, Chris Smith, Steven Hampshire, even Stevie Crawford FFS.

It appears Chalmers has inherited that mantle for now. I wonder who`ll get it next :D

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 11:03

^^^Berkey kens^^^

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 11:37

The abuse he was getting from our own supporters was ridiculous!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 11:38

Fans of my vintage will probably agree that Alex Edwards was the most skilful player ever to wear the black & white.

He missed a crucial penalty v Anderlecht that could have helped have put the Pars into the quarter final of the Fairs Cup `69-70.

I don`t mind it being held against him in any size, shape or form - such is part and parcel of the game.

On the other hand, if an unpopular player misses one - some fans just add it to their list of moans.



Post Edited (Tue 26 Jul 11:48)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 12:20

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 26 Jul 10:44

Ohhh, for God`s sake, you bloody assholes! FFS, Wee Eck, PARrot and DA No 1, stop being total feckwits...

I am utterly sick to death of reading your constant attacks on fellow Pars fans who happen to be thoroughly pissed off with certain players who, in our opinion, underperform. YES... WE THINK THEY UNDERPERFORM!!!

Stick your self-satisfied trolling ten feet up your a$$holes! Fans are perfectly entitled to their opinions, whether you like it or not. Stop being pretentious plonkers and accept that this is an open forum, INDEPENDENT of our football club.

We don`t always agree with what is going on at EEP, but if we followed your lack of objectivity, very quickly our beloved football club would soon be defunct...

COYP!


Such a weirdly aggressive post that has no place on here. Aren`t we all adults?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 12:51

Rusty, there is nothing weird about being absolutely scunnered by a handful of posters who cannot and will not allow other fans to express their opinions if those opinions are in any way perceived to be negative towards the team.

It could well be argued that it was this blind faith that drove the Pars to the lowly position we are today. These same golf defended the indefensible until it was too late to object.

This forum used to be fun and interesting - but this little coterie of poisonous trolls has sucked the oxygen from the room.

Perhaps my post came across as aggressive, but no apologies, that was deliberate; it was an attempt to wake people up from the slumber of accepting mediocrity as the norm. That should never be acceptable for the Pars... ever!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 12:58

"you bloody assholes"
"stop being total feckwits"
"Stick your self-satisfied trolling ten feet up your a$$holes"
"Stop being pretentious plonkers"

"Perhaps my post came across as aggressive"

I`ve seen more "aggression" in a wet fart. Your post is ridiculous, childish, embarrassing and totally unnecessary. You say people are entitled to their opinion but only if it fits in with yours.

Grow up

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 13:03

How are we not allowing other fans to express their opinions? To suggest anyone who disagrees with you is responsible for the club`s present position is weird in the extreme.

And what has `golf` got to do with anything? Presumably it`s a typo but I can`t imagine what insult is intended by it.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 13:09

Golfs here need to calm down a bit.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: halbe  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 13:11

O`hara , Wighton, Todorov and McCann scored 12 goals between them in the league last year but the irrational scapegoating brigade look around and miss all the other shocking performances and decide their next victim will be a midfielder who only joined at the end of January. Chalmers played most weeks for Inverness, County and Ayr and must wonder what he has walked into joining us with that toxic minority as part of the fan base .

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 13:16

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 26 Jul 12:51

Rusty, there is nothing weird about being absolutely scunnered by a handful of posters who cannot and will not allow other fans to express their opinions if those opinions are in any way perceived to be negative towards the team.

It could well be argued that it was this blind faith that drove the Pars to the lowly position we are today. These same golf defended the indefensible until it was too late to object.

This forum used to be fun and interesting - but this little coterie of poisonous trolls has sucked the oxygen from the room.

Perhaps my post came across as aggressive, but no apologies, that was deliberate; it was an attempt to wake people up from the slumber of accepting mediocrity as the norm. That should never be acceptable for the Pars... ever!


The reason the Pars are in the position they`re in just now is due to the borderline-criminal mismanagement of the Masterton era and then a series of decisions subsequent to that which haven`t worked. It`s the square root of nothing to do with the fans.

I see this written a lot that some people "accept" mediocrity. What does that even mean in practice? Do you think people are happy that we`re relegated?

Peter Grant got half a season. John Hughes got half a season. Both were rightly removed. What else do you want? Managerial decisions made even quicker? More compensation implications. More short-termism.

I`ll never apologise for being level headed or indeed trying to provide counter balance to people who complain and criticise everything everyone does. Especially abuse that goes too far ala Chalmers.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 13:43

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 26 Jul 10:44

Ohhh, for God`s sake, you bloody assholes! FFS, Wee Eck, PARrot and DA No 1, stop being total feckwits...

I am utterly sick to death of reading your constant attacks on fellow Pars fans who happen to be thoroughly pissed off with certain players who, in our opinion, underperform. YES... WE THINK THEY UNDERPERFORM!!!

Stick your self-satisfied trolling ten feet up your a$$holes! Fans are perfectly entitled to their opinions, whether you like it or not. Stop being pretentious plonkers and accept that this is an open forum, INDEPENDENT of our football club.

We don`t always agree with what is going on at EEP, but if we followed your lack of objectivity, very quickly our beloved football club would soon be defunct...

COYP!


What part of, I think criticism is to be expected and accepted but abuse isn`t are you having difficulty with?
Incidentally if you want to suggest turning a blind eye ( which none of us did) to the clubs previous situation was harmful, perhaps you could take it on board that turning a blind eye to abusive behaviour is also harmful to the club.



Post Edited (Tue 26 Jul 13:53)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 13:46

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 26 Jul 12:51

Rusty, there is nothing weird about being absolutely scunnered by a handful of posters who cannot and will not allow other fans to express their opinions if those opinions are in any way perceived to be negative towards the team.

It could well be argued that it was this blind faith that drove the Pars to the lowly position we are today. These same golf defended the indefensible until it was too late to object.

This forum used to be fun and interesting - but this little coterie of poisonous trolls has sucked the oxygen from the room.

Perhaps my post came across as aggressive, but no apologies, that was deliberate; it was an attempt to wake people up from the slumber of accepting mediocrity as the norm. That should never be acceptable for the Pars... ever!


It wasnt only unjustifiably aggressive, it was wholly inaccurate. You dont seem to be able to grasp the difference between criticism and abuse. Might explain your rant of course.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 13:48

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Tue 26 Jul 13:16

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 26 Jul 12:51

Rusty, there is nothing weird about being absolutely scunnered by a handful of posters who cannot and will not allow other fans to express their opinions if those opinions are in any way perceived to be negative towards the team.

It could well be argued that it was this blind faith that drove the Pars to the lowly position we are today. These same golf defended the indefensible until it was too late to object.

This forum used to be fun and interesting - but this little coterie of poisonous trolls has sucked the oxygen from the room.

Perhaps my post came across as aggressive, but no apologies, that was deliberate; it was an attempt to wake people up from the slumber of accepting mediocrity as the norm. That should never be acceptable for the Pars... ever!


The reason the Pars are in the position they`re in just now is due to the borderline-criminal mismanagement of the Masterton era and then a series of decisions subsequent to that which haven`t worked. It`s the square root of nothing to do with the fans.

I see this written a lot that some people "accept" mediocrity. What does that even mean in practice? Do you think people are happy that we`re relegated?

Peter Grant got half a season. John Hughes got half a season. Both were rightly removed. What else do you want? Managerial decisions made even quicker? More compensation implications. More short-termism.

I`ll never apologise for being level headed or indeed trying to provide counter balance to people who complain and criticise everything everyone does. Especially abuse that goes too far ala Chalmers.


Thanks. Glad to see someone appears to get my point rather than getting all offended due to an inability to comprehend simple facts.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 14:13

Rusty, I agree with your assessment of the fundamental reasons why we are in the position that we are. The source does go back to Masterton, The subsequent limitations that were placed on our finances have hampered us ever since.

The two managers last season were both a disaster, but I am firmly behind McPake and what he is trying to do. However, I think there are some players - not many - who are not pulling their weight, and judging by the comments on this and other fora, other folk share that view. For example, there is a thread identifying Chalmers and Wighton.

I doubt that there is any Pars fan who wants anything other than success for the team. Being a supporter does not require unfailing loyalty; being constructively critical is an important element too. Unfortunately, as we saw far too often last season, and are starting to see again now, when people step up with some criticism they get shouted down by a clique.

When the penalties were being taken, I knew the moment Chalmers came forward that he would miss. Instinct? Fatalism? I don`t know. That unwelcome gift of foresight happens to us all at some stage, I am sure.

I don`t know how "golf" came into my text... the word I intended was "folk".

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 15:00

It was only a few years back we missed 3 pens in 1 half v dundee united, 2 v Ayr and 2 V Forfar mins apart, and all of them in a shoot out v Accies.

4/5 to be honest was great by comparison.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 15:08

As long as there are people on here who post utter p*sh like Chalmers deliberately missed the penalty on Saturday or that we have 35 minutes to save our season after losing the first goal at Arbroath in AUGUST or blind-panicking that our squad is complete even though their are 36 days til the official window shuts..................I`ll continue to respond.

Sorry if that upsets.

Wait..............I`m not sorry.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 15:17

I’d say that the squad not being ready is worrying though, we’ve had since early June to recruit players and got 2 so far. Anything added to the squad now is probably players struggling to find a team elsewhere

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: Kevhodge1990  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 16:30

I’d be more inclined to give the boy a bit of credit. Having the balls to step up when he knows how much abuse he has been getting. Probably thinking that In some way it would silence them slightly if he buried it! Hits the bar and is given dogs abuse! Some people baffle me! Get behind the team and every player on it! He is hardly going out onto the grass to put in bad displays!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 16:35

^^^McBurnie in the play off v Serbia^^^

Might not be Scotlands` best option but said a lot for the guy that he stepped up to take such a vital kick having not scored a single international goal & being criticised constantly.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 16:49

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 26 Jul 10:44

Ohhh, for God`s sake, you bloody assholes! FFS, Wee Eck, PARrot and DA No 1, stop being total feckwits...

I am utterly sick to death of reading your constant attacks on fellow Pars fans who happen to be thoroughly pissed off with certain players who, in our opinion, underperform. YES... WE THINK THEY UNDERPERFORM!!!

Stick your self-satisfied trolling ten feet up your a$$holes! Fans are perfectly entitled to their opinions, whether you like it or not. Stop being pretentious plonkers and accept that this is an open forum, INDEPENDENT of our football club.

We don`t always agree with what is going on at EEP, but if we followed your lack of objectivity, very quickly our beloved football club would soon be defunct...

COYP!


Morning Oz mate :)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers penalty
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 07:25

I`m baffled beyond belief at some of the posts on this thread and can only conclude that these posters are trolling.

No footballer would ever deliberately miss a penalty unless he has been corrupted by someone acting on behalf of the opposition. I think we can safely assume no one from Alloa passed a fat brown envelope to Chalmers, either before or during the game on Saturday.

No footballer ever goes out and doesn`t try his best in every game, again unless corruption is involved. Sometimes players have poor games, sometimes they`re just poor players and sometimes they`re not fully fit or unwell. They may even have a laconic playing style.

We need to get away from the idea that any player who doesn`t run around like the proverbial blue tailed fly, is lazy or not trying. Smart players conserve their energy for moments when it`s needed.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net