DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Open training session
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 25 Jul 17:53

I see this was listed under the season ticket package, when is this likely to be held?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Open training session
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 09:28

When we are top of the league and everything is rosy.

Just like the supporters council meetings, didn`t bother when fans were unhappy with Grant,waited until appointed Yogi and then it was a non event listening to him talking rubbish.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 09:23

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Tue 26 Jul 09:28

Just like the supporters council meetings, didn`t bother when fans were unhappy with Grant,waited until appointed Yogi and then it was a non event listening to him talking rubbish.

Pre-Covid, Supporters Council meetings were held regularly for years, with Board members and managers attending and speaking with fans.

Unfortunately attendances were very low, and it was pretty much the same fans who bothered to turn up each time.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 17:44

Quote:

That’s the spirit. Don’t let the facts get in the way of a chance to moan
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 17:51

With the need to sign players becoming urgent maybe they`ll turn it into a public trial. Take your boots along.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 18:02

Quote:

SeasonedPar, Wed 27 Jul 17:44

Quote:

What facts? We could of held one last October/November and I`m sure it would of been packed with fans with questions for the board and Grant. Same usual excuses from within
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 19:47

I doubt we`d hold one now when we`ll likely have trialists in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 21:42

Topic Originator: nick_dafc1
Date: Wed 27 Jul 18:02

Quote:

Quote:

What facts? We could of held one last October/November and I`m sure it would of been packed with fans with questions for the board and Grant. Same usual excuses from within

Nick, you obviously missed the Supporters Meeting held on 24 November 2021, and the minutes which have been on the club website since shortly afterwards, so I`ve included the link for you.
https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Supporters_Meeting_Minutes_24.11.21&ID=13569

Post Edited (Wed 27 Jul 21:44)
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 21:59

Quote:

Stanza, Wed 27 Jul 21:42

Topic Originator: nick_dafc1
Date: Wed 27 Jul 18:02

Quote:

Quote:

Nick, you obviously missed the Supporters Meeting held on 24 November 2021, and the minutes which have been on the club website since shortly afterwards, so I`ve included the link for you.
https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Supporters_Meeting_Minutes_24.11.21&ID=13569

You`re just proving my point, thank you for being so helpful Stanza....

It was the rosey Yogi Hughes show talking all great about whats he`s going to do and nothing to ask from the fans.
If this was organised with Peter Grant and the board it would of been worthwhile...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 23:24

So you would have liked the Supporters` Council to have been organised in "October/November"?

My recollection is that Peter Grant was sacked on 31 October.

On 3 November Ross McArthur resigned after escalating personal attacks which culminated in him being spat on in the street, and then having had a screw knocked into the sidewall of his tyre.

Presumably the Board were contemplating sacking Grant throughout October. I don`t think they, and especially Ross McArthur, could have been under any illusion as to the strength of feeling. And yet you would have them hold a supporters` meeting so that folk could come along and tell them what was increasingly apparent. I might suggest that some people (although obviously not you) would have used such a meeting to heap abuse or worse on Peter Grant and the Board.

I would conclude that an October meeting was a non-starter.

They held a meeting on 24 November when the opportunity for venting spleen had passed. I don`t see this as a great loss although I realise that this may not be your view.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 00:05

Nick, you seem to be changing your criticism as you go along!

First you criticised the Board for not holding meetings with the fans, when in fact 15 meetings were held between 2014 and 2019, at each of which opportunities were given for fans to ask questions. Did you attend them?

Then of course Covid came along, when I hope you agree it was impossible to hold meetings during the various lockdowns. (During that time the ownership structure of the club changed from being wholly owned by local supporters to being partly-owned by DAFC Fussball GmbH.)

Next you criticised the Board for not holding a supporters meeting "last October/November", when in fact they held a meeting on 24 November.

Now you criticise the Board for not holding a supporters meeting in October when Peter Grant was the manager. I don`t know when the Board started to have doubts about Grant as manager (early/mid-October?) or when they took the decision to fire him (mid/late October?) or began negotiating the terms of his departure (late October?). Would you realistically expect a supporters meeting to be held in those circumstances?

[Sorry, I hadn`t seen TRBFC`s reply when I was composing the above between watching TV! I`m glad our answers are pretty much in agreement.]

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc

Post Edited (Thu 28 Jul 11:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 09:12

Quote:

Stanza, Thu 28 Jul 00:05

Nick, you seem to be changing your criticism as you go along!

First you criticised the Board for not holding meetings with the fans, when in fact 15 meetings were held between 2014 and 2019, at each of which opportunities were given for fans to ask questions. Did you attend them?

Then of course Covid came along, when I hope you agree it was impossible to hold meetings during the various lockdowns. (During that time the ownership structure of the club changed from being wholly owned by local supporters to being partly-owned by DAFC GmbH.)

Next you criticised the Board for not holding a supporters meeting "last October/November", when in fact they held a meeting on 24 November.

Now you criticise the Board for not holding a supporters meeting in October when Peter Grant was the manager. I don`t know when the Board started to have doubts about Grant as manager (early/mid-October?) or when they took the decision to fire him (mid/late October?) or began negotiating the terms of his departure (late October?). Would you realistically expect a supporters meeting to be held in those circumstances?

[Sorry, I hadn`t seen TRBFC`s reply when I was composing the above between watching TV! I`m glad our answers are pretty much in agreement.]

Not really changing anything, I initially said they only organise these things when everything is going well.

We had supporters council meetings after we appointed Johnston, Crawford, Hughes and now McPake. After a manager is appointed its easy for them to stand up and answer some questions about what they want to achieve.

The club never organise these council meeting when fans really want to answer questions of a manager and board. Apart from Crawfords reign during Covid there was ample opportunity to hold these meetings when Jefferies, Potter, Johnston, Grant, Hughes were not doing so well but nothing was arranged until everything was well again.
Hopefully McPake has a successful season, but if we are struggling nothing will be organised until we appoint the next manager to tell us how good he is and the board tell us their future plans with the new guy again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 11:27

If we look at the pre pandemic period 2014-19, then there were 15 meetings.

There were certainly meetings after John Potter, Allan Johnston and Stevie Crawford were appointed, but there were a further 12 meetings.

I don`t recall this as being a wholly `rosy` period, and yet the opportunity was given to attend and ask questions. You may well have attended these meetings but, if not, the minutes are available on the Club website. At each and every meeting questions were asked and answered.

The meetings are put on by a evolving group of supporters and I understand that Drew Main would be delighted to have more help in this regard. You could email him at andrew@dafc.co.uk and offer to join the team and thus help to ensure that the meetings are held on a very regular basis?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 12:07

Was Saturdays game v Alloa not one ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 12:42

Quote:

The Roy Barry Fan Club, Thu 28 Jul 11:27

If we look at the pre pandemic period 2014-19, then there were 15 meetings.

There were certainly meetings after John Potter, Allan Johnston and Stevie Crawford were appointed, but there were a further 12 meetings.

I don`t recall this as being a wholly `rosy` period, and yet the opportunity was given to attend and ask questions. You may well have attended these meetings but, if not, the minutes are available on the Club website. At each and every meeting questions were asked and answered.

The meetings are put on by a evolving group of supporters and I understand that Drew Main would be delighted to have more help in this regard. You could email him at andrew@dafc.co.uk and offer to join the team and thus help to ensure that the meetings are held on a very regular basis?

1) Feb 2014 - first meeting
2) May 2014 - 2nd to rangers
3) Sept 2014 - good start to season
4) Feb 2015 - Potter welcome
5) June 2015 - Allan Johnston welcome
6) September 2015 - Aj top of league
7) January - 2016 AJ top of league
8) May 2016 - AJ won the league
9) Sept 2016 - AJ 1st season up doing well
10) Jan 2017 - decent 1st season up
11) May 2017 - finished 5th 1st season up
12) Sept 2017 - good start to season
13) May 2018 - finished in play offs
14) Nov 2018 - first meeting when not rosy
15) May 2019 - poor season
16) Nov 2021- Yogi welcome
17) June 2022 - McPake welcome

When things are going well, lots of meetings, when things aren`t going well, hardly any meetings. It`s all there in black and white on COWS.

Case closed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 13:11

I`ll open it again.

So you honestly think a club on this planet would have a Q&A session in the middle of their worst season in around 30 years?

You listed the previous meetings....did you attend any? Contribute anything? Or sit in the house smashing your keyboard?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Thu 28 Jul 13:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 13:13

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 28 Jul 13:11

I`ll open it again.

So you honestly think a club on this planet would have a Q&A session in the middle of their worst season in around 30 years?

You listed the previous meetings....did you attend any? Contribute.

I attended probably over 14 of them. Was last season our worst in 30 years?

I`m sure we finished 7th in League one a few years ago
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 13:19

I give up

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 13:24

Wasn`t Covid the main reason why there were no meetings in 2020 or the first half of 2021?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 13:50

"Wasn`t Covid the main reason why there were no meetings in 2020 or the first half of 2021?"

bloody club engineering a global pandemic just to avoid a spotty teenager asking them why the manager hasnt been sacked yet

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 15:17

"When things are going well, lots of meetings, when things aren`t going well, hardly any meetings. It`s all there in black and white on COWS.

Case closed."

You seem to be putting a lot of effort into your conclusion that for years the club has deliberately avoided seeking the views of its fans.

In practice, the dates for virtually all of these Supporters Council meetings were organised several weeks in advance, well before it was known how the team was performing on the pitch. Many things at DAFC are done by volunteers and there had to be not only a co-ordination of the diaries of speakers and Board members, but also the dates for DAFC 1st Team and U21 matches, and for televised games which would affect attendance.

As TBRFC says, Supporters Council meetings were arranged NOT by the club but by the supporters themselves - requests (usually ignored) were made at the time for more help in doing this, and it seems that help is still welcome if you want more meetings.

But however you seek to explain it away, there were 15 public meetings over a 5 year period pre-Covid, as well as the presence on the Board of a supporter nominated by the PST - TBH, I think you might struggle to find ANY professional club in Scotland which tried to interact with its fans as much as DAFC did between 2014 and 2019.

The reality is that most football fans are not really bothered about who owns the club, what the budgetary or legal constraints might be, what voluntary work goes on behind the scenes etc - even less do most fans want (or are able) to put in the hard weekly unpaid graft to keep a supporter-owned football club functioning. They just want to turn up on a matchday and see a winning team on the park - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But it does mean that the big decisions about any football club are inevitably made by a small group of men and women - usually the owners or Board members, and seldom if ever do ordinary fans get a say beforehand. Most people are happy with that, but complain/criticise when Board decisions turn out badly, and again, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But I really don`t think that any bad or wrong decisions at DAFC have been the result of a lack of communication between the club and its fanbase. Clearly you disagree, and you are entitled to your opinion, so I'm content to leave it at that.

Post Edited (Thu 28 Jul 18:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 20:15

I didn’t ignore the request for help. I would like to help more if I could, however I suspect like myself others just don’t have the time. However I have always enjoyed these meetings and appreciate the folks who do have time to help facilitate these.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net