DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reserve League
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 11:09

Noticed that Livi have announced that they’re one of 10 teams playing in the SPFL reserve league this year. Doesn’t look like we’re one of those teams. They’ve listed fixtures against the 9 other teams and we aren’t included.

Weren’t we complaining about the lack of reserve league for the last couple of seasons? I know that we don’t have a massive squad just now, but surely it would be good for our fringe players and some of the younger guys to get minutes, alongside those returning from injuries etc throughout the season?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reserve League
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 11:13

taking part in the reserve cup which in the past had a group stage so they will have a couple of games at least then organise bounce games if/when necessary

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 11:14

Being in L1 probably put an end to us wanting Reserve League football. We`ve hardly got a big enough first team squad. It`ll be for Premiership and possibly some Championship clubs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 11:34

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Tue 26 Jul 11:14

Being in L1 probably put an end to us wanting Reserve League football. We`ve hardly got a big enough first team squad. It`ll be for Premiership and possibly some Championship clubs.

Queen of the South are in the reserve league, so it’s not to do with the level we’re now at. We currently have 22 full time players signed up and are in the market for more, as well as having an academy, so I’m a bit surprised that we haven’t taken this opportunity. However, the club will obviously have their reasons.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 17:54

Bar about 4/5 first teams players, those who should be in the reserves get a game for us now.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 19:05

SPFL cinch Reserve League:
Ayr United
Dundee
Dundee United
Hamilton Academical
Hibernian
Kilmarnock
Livingston
Motherwell
Queen of the South
Queen’s Park

SPFL cinch Reserve Cup:
Ayr United
Dundee
Dundee United
Dunfermline Athletic
Hamilton Academical
Hibernian
Kilmarnock
Livingston
Motherwell
Partick Thistle
Queen of the South
Queen’s Park

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 20:38

I know there has been some reserve friendlies going on the last few weeks but don`t seem to be advertised. Is there a place where these are listed for anyone who might be interested in going along.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 20:53

Is there a case for rebooting the Fife Cup?

There must be about 20 Fife clubs in the pyramid so there would be options for a format that gave us approximately the right number of games at the right level.

I think a cup semi under the lights at Starks might be of more value for the under 20s than a relatively meaningless friendly.

Par - I`ve found out about friendlies by word of mouth, but I believe there is a website out there - don`t know the name - sorry.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net