DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Training ground
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 20:38

Reading that interview it doesn`t sound too promising.

Looks like it will just be some pitches with no facilities for some time to come.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Training ground
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 20:50

Aye it is quite worrying, doesn’t look like it’ll be ready anytime soon. Maybe didn’t realise how much it would cost

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 22:00

So we can’t get the team on the park that we would like because of cost restrictions and now the much vaunted training facility is going to be delayed/scaled back because of cost restrictions.

Get the feeling it’s all going pear shaped…? Again…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 22:20

I had heard a few months back from someone in the know, that the plans seemed to be getting stripped back and stripped back. I would imagine the business model is based on getting young players into the first team early, with a view to punting them on quick to English teams with the money to take a gamble on a kid that`s getting in the Dunfermline first team at 16.Hopefully the 7 year plan doesn`t involve us being able to play 16, 17 year olds in the first team, only because we will be consistently playing in the third tier and not spending money on experienced pros
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 22:23

Was this not meant to be funded by the German investors.

I`ve never understood what their intentions or indeed how much money they have to invest.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 22:30

I’d be more worried if we were sinking money into a training facility when we’re just off the back a shocking season in which I imagine we lost a lot more money than expected… the third tier isn’t the time to be risking the future of the club putting money into training facilities
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 22:45

Topic Originator: red-star-par like
Date: Tue 26 Jul 22:20

I had heard a few months back from someone in the know, that the plans seemed to be getting stripped back and stripped back. I would imagine the business model is based on getting young players into the first team early, with a view to punting them on quick to English teams with the money to take a gamble on a kid that`s getting in the Dunfermline first team at 16.Hopefully the 7 year plan doesn`t involve us being able to play 16, 17 year olds in the first team, only because we will be consistently playing in the third tier and not spending money on experienced pros

And how much will a team in the third tier of Scottish football get for a promising teenager ? not much.

All we have heard since the investors came on board was their intention to build a training facility that would be the envy of most Scottish clubs and now it seems that it will be scaled back.

Think it was the main reason McPake agreed to become manager was it not…..?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 22:49

Hopefully it can get completed to plan but it is worrying and something many predicated before building began. I won`t feel comfortable about it until we see signs that it is nearly completed.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 22:51

Don’t think it will be anything like originally planned until we are back in the Championship.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 23:03

The investors were planning to loan upto 900k for this facility but not sure if relegation has had an impact.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 23:15

Tbh, is not simply having dedicated pitches to play on good enough for now? Beats having to use someone else`s facilities. Presumably they could assemble even some temporary changing facilities down there?

Let`s be frank here - how many first division or even championship sides have dedicated training facilities?

My concern is we have the aspirations but we`re struggling to get things right on the pitch. The team have done well in pre-season but the Alloa games gives some concern.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 26 Jul 23:52

Sounds like the Pars need a Building Contract Cost Consultant. I would offer my services but looks like they can`t afford me.

Post Edited (Tue 26 Jul 23:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 00:21

Isn`t most construction work behind schedule just now with labour shortages, materials supply problems etc?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 06:13

Worth remembering that these initial plans were before / at the start of covid.
It`s possible the cost of everything, (gas electric materials etc) has went up that much, that it`s not the pre planned budget but far exceeds it.
I know I was pricing a job for myself yesterday (first for a long time) and it`s easily 3 times the cost of what it was before covid.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 08:55

Topic Originator: dover par
Date: Tue 26 Jul 23:03

The investors were planning to loan upto 900k for this facility but not sure if relegation has had an impact.

First time I heard this figure mentioned.

If true then we can forget state of the art facilities.....

Eagleglen 2

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 09:30

If these costs are unknown/keep rising, is this having an impact on the first team budget/lack of signings?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 09:40

Despite the increase in season books, things don`t seem all too rosy at the moment. Training ground plans going pear shaped, lack of first team additions...is the mood all that changed since end of last season? EEP has been a right mess of a place since these German investors came in.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 10:27

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Wed 27 Jul 09:40

Despite the increase in season books, things don`t seem all too rosy at the moment. Training ground plans going pear shaped, lack of first team additions...is the mood all that changed since end of last season? EEP has been a right mess of a place since these German investors came in.

Agree! So much for a 7-8 year plan. I hate to say it but 7-8 year plans don’t work in low league Scottish football.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away

Post Edited (Wed 27 Jul 10:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 10:42

Certainly has that feel that things are going a bit pear shaped.

Cook was waxing lyrical yesterday on cows about season tickets but never mentioned additional recruitment.
Whether that was looking to bring more in on longer contracts or looking for loan deals. He must know this is the main thing the fans are bothered about at this stage, but nada.

Hope I`m wrong for the sake of our club but I`m not convinced.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nightboat  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 10:56

Agree with you there Gaz. It was notable that the CEOs statement didn`t mention anything about the supporters biggest issue/concerns right now. Only a few days until the start of the season and not a word on signings!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 11:12

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Wed 27 Jul 09:40

Despite the increase in season books, things don`t seem all too rosy at the moment. Training ground plans going pear shaped, lack of first team additions...is the mood all that changed since end of last season? EEP has been a right mess of a place since these German investors came in.[/

Yep totally agree, no mention of backing the manager to bring experienced players onboard. Until that squad is cleaned out we won’t improve and we won’t get promotion. Agents Grant and Hughes mess still costing us…..

Post Edited (Wed 27 Jul 11:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 11:45

`Agents Grant and Hughes mess still costing us…..`

Who were they working for as a matter of interest?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 11:52

Pardon me for posting here. The DASC Donation Shop now contributes to the DAFC ACADEMY, and if any of you have any pre-loved PARS items you no longer require, we will be glad to receive them. Thank You.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 12:28

Was full of optimism a few weeks ago, that optimism is being eroded daily.

Put out positive statements - get the season tickets sold then........................................................................................................................................................................................ Zilch.

No good news anyway.

If we get off to a bad start on the pitch, there are going to be a lot of unhappy fans...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wedge  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 13:12

They were always going to scale back if we were relegated, the fact the Civil Service club came up at the right time has helped.

However the only application into planning is for the new Astro pitch and floodlights. That itself is a great new asset but currently no news on the buidling and facilities.

22/02041/FULL | Installation of multi use games area including enclosure and floodlights | Sports Centre Castle Road Rosyth Dunfermline Fife KY11 2HU

https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RDZALFHFIPX00

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 13:39

Quote:

Paralex, Tue 26 Jul 23:52

Sounds like the Pars need a Building Contract Cost Consultant. I would offer my services but looks like they can`t afford me.

Any decent Pars fan would volunteer their services for free, for the good of the club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 13:43

What were the other facilities that were due to be included in the project? I think there was the relocation of the gym equipment from East End down to a purpose built one but outside of that is there anything else that was due to be included that will now be under review?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 13:52

waiting on a 2nd building warrant for the building

https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/scottishBuildingWarrantDetails.do?activeTab=details&keyVal=RBNVUHHFG8500

first building warrant

https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/scottishBuildingWarrantDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=R6SI16HFFRG00

"If true then we can forget state of the art facilities....."

it was never going to be anything like that in the first place.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 13:57

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 27 Jul 13:39

Quote:

Paralex, Tue 26 Jul 23:52

Any decent Pars fan would volunteer their services for free, for the good of the club.

I believe there are pars fans down at the facility in rosyth a gentleman stopped and spoke with myself and Frank Craig in legends last week and told us he`s been down painting etc along with other volunteers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 14:00

Surely if there is to be a changing facility and two pitches, that’s much more than we have now!? Great stuff! Why the negativity? Some folk get right off on their chuckies every time there’s a bump in the road ffs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 14:14

^exactly. Having our own training pitches removes any reliance on 3rd parties. I`m sure Alloa were great to deal with but they`re always going to (quite rightly) prioritise their own requirements.

Using any other pitches for hire means your reliant on availability and the pitches being maintained to a high standard. You could still a block booking down somewhere and then the pitches go to **** or even worse the company folds and you`re a creditor trying to get your money back. Seems like the key requirements are being dealt with first and plans being potentially changed depending on costs and budgets.

Added "potentially" as the plans haven't even been confirmed as changing yet.

Post Edited (Wed 27 Jul 14:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 19:59

Can they not use the community service folk for painting the place up I know they have done in the past with folk on community service painting etc at the stadium. No I wasn`t one of them but I know one of them who previously was though

Post Edited (Wed 27 Jul 20:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 20:35

Surely saving some money on the windows :-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 20:46

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Wed 27 Jul 20:35

Surely saving some money on the windows :-)

Aye, the place has some potential to be a decent place to get some advertising billboards all around. Get some contractors to do some work for a favourable rate and some free advertising. I`m sure David Cook is exploring all options. About time we looked at Stadium renaming rights sponsorship, Training Ground naming rights etc. If they are not going to do the right thing and name some stands after Jock Stein and Jim Leishman, then get them auctioned off
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 23:30

Sober up Legend85, you don`t honestly think I would look for money from the Pars, when so many others give services for free. Anyway, it looks like many different factors have conspired to delay the completion of the training facility.

Post Edited (Wed 27 Jul 23:36)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net