DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 ALWAY LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE.
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 11:38

Been a PARS FAN forever, and I am willing to look forward and not backwards. I am looking forward to the start of the new season, and for comments re signings, how do we know that they are not working on this in the background. Come on folks keep the faith. Let`s give the team a rousing welcome on to the pitch on Saturday and encouragement throughout the game.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: ALWAY LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE.
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 11:44

I`m sure the club are working on things in the background, no one is saying they`re not but we can`t pretend that the lack of any actual signings is disappointing. Two days before the kick off in the league, we`ve signed two players circa 5 weeks ago and one of them is suspended for two weeks. Thus meaning we have the same players available that under performed last season or some kids.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 11:46

Quote:

steaua, Wed 27 Jul 11:38

Been a PARS FAN forever, and I am willing to look forward and not backwards. I am looking forward to the start of the new season, and for comments re signings, how do we know that they are not working on this in the background. Come on folks keep the faith. Let`s give the team a rousing welcome on to the pitch on Saturday and encouragement throughout the game.

I think no matter what when the team comes out on Saturday they will get good backing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 11:59

I think no matter what when the team comes out on Saturday they will get good backing.

Ahh but for the 90 minutes neebs ??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 12:51

I’m sure they’ll get a good backing.

The problem I have is things don’t look to have changed from last season. The Alloa game was a big worry.

The quality just isn’t there. If we have ambitions of promotion that is. Maybe this 7-8 year plan (whatever it is) is to stay in League 1 for that time. Who knows!

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 13:27

I genuinely believe the board think that playing a league below allows us to play the youth and be able to achieve the playoffs. I doubt we will see more than 2 players added by the end of the transfer window
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 14:13

Isn`t the long-term objective (7-8 years) to get back into the Premiership? That`s probably a realistic timescale. However, there were a couple of things David Cook said in his interview yesterday which suggested getting immediate promotion back to the Championship next season wasn`t a priority.

Firstly, he said this was basically a young group of players and it would have good days and bad days and set-backs were inevitable. He also said the immediate aim was to get back the habit of winning games which we haven`t been doing. Does that not echo what was said when JMcP was appointed? Some fans may feel those are rather modest objectives.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 14:27

Do you feel they`re modest Eck ?

I feel they are modest.
Winning games, yes we need to be doing that definitely.

Being supporters in Scotland since time began, if your club went down everything was geared to getting us back up but when you read between the lines I don`t think they`re fussed to be in too great a hurry. But they won`t say that in case there`s a mass exodus with supporters saying, well what`s the point.

I just think the German way of thinking is different to ours but they call the shots.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LiviBill  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 14:53

I totally agree with you steaua, too many people on this forum having a pop at players even before a ball is kicked. Having a dig at Dundee United in reference to Graham being a rubbish loanee, when it was the management who were at fault the way they played him.

LiviBill
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 15:20

If the ambition of the club is to consolidate in league 1 then surely the season tickets should be priced like that as well.

I`m afraid if that`s the clubs ambition for the season I honestly can`t see many supporters putting the time and effort along with the cost into getting behind that philosophy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 15:20

If our board are not making promotion out of this division this season the number one priority and are happy to take 8 years before promotion to the premiership is likely then we need them out the club as quick as we possibly can. It’s an absolutely unacceptable attitude.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 15:23

Quote:

LEGEND85, Wed 27 Jul 15:20

If the ambition of the club is to consolidate in league 1 then surely the season tickets should be priced like that as well.

I`m afraid if that`s the clubs ambition for the season I honestly can`t see many supporters putting the time and effort along with the cost into getting behind that philosophy.

Totally agree! We’ll have the most expensive season ticket in League 1 no doubt.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 15:39

Season ticket sales are up on last season so the fans have already shown their support!

I suspect maybe David Cook is just trying to dampen down on expectations after last season when the manager was telling everyone we were going to win the League.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 27 Jul 16:13

Agree with the comments about season ticket prices.

At the moment you feel a bit mugged off by being asked to pay £20 to watch 7 pro’s and whoever is kicking about from the last crop of youngsters coming through filling the shirts.

For all the comments about Dom last season at least you knew you were going to be entertained and he had quality. I don’t see anyone in this team who can provide that.

Still time to bring in a few players of course but the team just now needs freshening up and it’s all a bit meh.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 12:21

General consensus across various media, but perhaps significantly some main stream journalism (national press & tv), acknowledge that DAFC could/should be a top tier team in Scotland …. and one of the reasons that I personally feel totally gutted that we’re now THIRD tier.

I do find quite a bit of the posts here to be a bit doom & gloom, but I can see where it comes from.

Personally, I believe that a big factor in our demise has been due to so much celebration of mediocrity. Reality is that the quality of football in Scotland is dire; evidenced by how poorly our representatives, outside the ugly sisters, do in Europe. So broadcasting that “we played well and were ‘unfortunate’ not to get something from the game” when we’re talking about matches (home or away) against QOS, Morton and Falkirk is fundamentally accepting that “this is our level”.

I don’t believe that is the accepted mentality at Livingston, ICT or even Cove Rangers ….. and I sincerely wish it wasn’t here.

Rant over.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 13:49

Pretty sure the target will be to get promoted this season, but it doesn`t need shouted from the rooftop by Cook, McPake et al. League 1 is not a place where a full-time club with any ambition can be hanging around for any length of time.

If that happens, the target has to be, at least, to compete for a play-off spot in the Championship. That`s not to say if McPake gets us up this year and then finishes 5th or 6th in the 2nd tier, he should be automatically punted.

Having the Pars in Scotland`s top-16 shouldn`t ever be seen as overly ambitious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 22:17

That`s what I`ve always admired about you Marv - your ability to see the bigger picture, to always look forward and to never, ever (ever) hold a grudge.

;-)

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 22:21

If the aim isn’t promotion this season then that’s an absolute disgrace.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 22:49

I am a wee bit younger than marv.Having said that,have been through the mill with the pars. Watched, them since 65,and you never loose the bug.Its a rollercoaster,but hey ho,that`s the journey. Boring,being an old firm fan ! Great adventures,ups and downs, met some lovely people, at forfar, brechin, and the rest.

Post Edited (Thu 28 Jul 22:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 28 Jul 22:59

I`ve not read one person anywhere that is connected to the club saying that we`re happy in League 1. Not one.

What`s a disgrace is repeatedly making up stuff to get in a raging mess about

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: answer  
Date:   Fri 29 Jul 06:46

Accepting mediocrity is not just about typing out a particular sentence. It’s often more about shutting down reasonable concerns and valid criticism from voices who are demanding more than mediocrity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Fri 29 Jul 07:22

Thought I`d missed something on this thread , so I read it again .
I can`t see anyone getting into a raging mess "!?
If the reason for that comment was because a poster said promotion should be our aim this season .
Then I`m a raging mess as well .
It would be a disgrace if our aim was anything other than promotion .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lassodie  
Date:   Fri 29 Jul 07:43

Let us hope we can do tomorrow what we failed to do last weekend and record a victory.
We need a win to start some momentum and positivity in our aim to scoosh this third division.
We are some way from the top flight yet but surely with the resources and the admirably loyal support we have we can get back to the second division first time of asking?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Jul 08:17

No-one has said promotion isn`t the aim tho?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Fri 29 Jul 08:43

I’ve yet to see anyone from the club state what the aim actually is. All we keep hearing is let’s just get used to winning games again

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Jul 09:47

If we start winning games again, maybe even win more than everyone else, by scoring more goals & conceding less than everyone else, what do you think will happen?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Jul 10:59

It can be confusing posting on here. If you post something positive you risk being branded a `happy clapper` but if you don`t come out and say we`re going for promotion you`re settling for mediocrity.

Some fans seem to think the club should be coming out and publicly stating what our specific aim for the season is but didn`t we end up with egg on our face after doing that last season? It puts unnecessary pressure on our players and gees up the opposition.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net