DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Scougall
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 17:43

Excellent throughout and caused us problems once again.

Something a miss if someone with that ability has dropped back down to part time especially when still the right side of 30.

Reckon he would do a job for us no problem particularly if McPake likes to play a 4-3-3 as based on the last two weeks O`Hara aint the answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scougall
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 17:45

Far better player than anything we have in midfield ,

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 17:45

He was certainly a standout. Thought the boys did pretty well to keep a clean sheet today because they were dangerous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 17:50

Agreed. Would happily take him at the Pars.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 17:50

Hamilton in a holding role, behind Todd and Scougall would be a very good midfield 3. Looked very good last week and today, really clever player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 17:55

Signed a new deal last week

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 17:56

Just signed a 2 year extension at alloa this week
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 17:59

Arguably the best player in the league. He was the best on the park today.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 18:22

Wasn`t he with the Pars as a youngster?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 18:25

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 30 Jul 18:22

Wasn`t he with the Pars as a youngster?

Was with us in 2009-10
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 18:47

Yeah, he`d walk into our team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 19:03

We paid good money for chalmers, why not make a cheeky bid for scougall?

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 19:09

If he has signed a 2-year extension presumably he wants to stay part-time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 20:43

Didn`t know that.

I remember Sheff Utd took a punt on him and Marc McNulty around about the same time and they both did well down there initially then didn`t hear much about them beyond that.

Didn`t seem to play that much for St Johnstone either so assuming he maybe had injury issues.

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Sat 30 Jul 20:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 20:45

Agree with the above, very good player, picked the ball up in good spaces.

I said today I would have him at the club, maybe part time suits him but has great ability

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 21:00

It always annoys me,when players,back off an attacking player.We gave him far too much room.Agree,he is a good player though. Nuisance type of player to play against.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 21:33

We should have clattered him from the start.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 23:45

Couldn`t believe it when I saw him playing for Alloa last week. Saying that thought he would have been a great player for Saints.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:29

He was best player on the pitch. How we could do with a player like that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:37

Scougall would be an ideal player for us, he has played about every position on the pitch
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 12:05

Seeing Scougall jinking and jockeying for space at Alloa throw-ins yesterday took me back to the days of Hamish French who was the expert at that. Our guys are static in comparison. Over the last few years we`ve been pretty poor at throw-ins, losing possession more often than not at ours and almost being content for the opposition to keep possession at theirs. A small thing maybe but an area for improvement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 13:19

We are quite static also when we are further up the pitch around the 18 yard box. Our movement off the ball is too predictable.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 14:09

A Pars youth that got away...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 14:33

I suspect the problem for Scougall in his career is that he just doesn`t look sufficiently robust to cope with the big physical specimens that football managers like to pick nowadays - I got worried every time he got into the penalty box that the merest brush with a defender would knock him over, but to be fair to the lad he never tried anything like that, and our defenders seldom got near enough to him anyway!

Not that Scougall is in the same class as other small(ish) players like Lionel Messi, Luca Modric, Billy Gilmour but he does have the same ability to twist and turn in tight spaces to avoid physical contact.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 14:37

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=From_a_Par_to_a_Lion&ID=6971

from 2012

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cumbrian par  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 15:59

Scougall spent a year and a half at Carlisle under Pressley. He clearly had some ability but he was so lightweight he rarely had much of an impact on matches. Also, he was playing under Pressley.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 13:07

Would stroll into our team. One that if we did make an offer it wouldn`t phase me if he stayed at part time. Lots of good part time players that are better or not any worse than some of our full time ones.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 14:14

There`s lots of part-time players who have enough ability to get in our squad. The issue is with structuring the training. To my knowledge, we train during the day, whereas the part-time teams normally do so in the evenings - so a hybrid model can be difficult logistically.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 15:41

Just do one for 2 evening sessions. Not risk no reward.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 15:56

Bet a lot of players get to a point in their lives that they are much happier playing in their homeland, making decent money at a part-time club, as well as good money on top of that in their full-time job outside football rather than chasing the dream of being a top full-time pro, making 10s of thousands a week and getting nowhere. Might even be on better money than full-time footballers.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 16:12

"Just do one for 2 evening sessions. Not risk no reward."

We are finding it very difficult to get full-time players through the door as it is. If you start telling them they`ll be in daytime Monday, evening time Tuesday, daytime Wednesday, evening time Thursday and then daytime Friday, I don`t suspect we would find it any easier.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 16:13

Let`s be honest, SFL1 is probably the lowest level in the UK for full-time players in terms of quality and wages so it`s unlikely to be an attractive proposition for part-timers with a decent job, especially those coming to the end of their careers and looking to the future.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 17:00

Maybe part time is the way to go them as the so called full time players aren`t exactly setting the heather alight.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 17:43

If the long-term aim is to get into the Premiership it would not make sense to go part-time in the short-term.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Aug 20:31

Interesting on those lines Eck heard a story about Rory McAllister earlier who was just left Cove.

Apparently booked a family holiday at the only time that would be suitable around his fulltime job but which would have meant missing a Cove game.

Jimmy Mac apparently said no chance and duly transfer listed him and he signed for Montrose a couple of days later.

Post Edited (Tue 02 Aug 20:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 2 Aug 20:54

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Mon 1 Aug 17:43

If the long-term aim is to get into the Premiership it would not make sense to go part-time in the short-term.

It might be the way to get out of league 1 next season or the season after though.
We ain’t going up this season let’s face it.

Better to be one of the best if not the best PT team in Scotland as opposed to being one of the the worst if not the worst FT team in Scotland.

We can go back to FT when the time is right.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Aug 22:01

A bit early to be throwing in the towel for this season`s campaign...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 2 Aug 22:02

Last time the club went part time it took years to recover.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 2 Aug 22:33

Don`t even think about going part time,it would be a disaster. I remember in the,old days,a certain, Alan Evans coming to my door,trying to sell insurance. The guy was so embarrassed.

Post Edited (Tue 02 Aug 23:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 2 Aug 22:34

Quote:

desparado, Tue 2 Aug 20:54

It might be the way to get out of league 1 next season or the season after though.

Better to be one of the best if not the best PT team in Scotland as opposed to being one of the the worst if not the worst FT team in Scotland.

What an absolutely terrible idea. Glad you`re nothing to do with the running of our club

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 08:17

Times have changed now though, the FT/PT gap has closed a lot since the last time, there are plenty part time players who are just as fit and talented as a lot of the journeymen pros out there. And because of where the wage levels are at, players can now have a decent football career while holding down another job, and make much more than they would being FT. They also tend to be hungrier , especially compared to some of the dross we have had over the last couple of years

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 09:07

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like
Date: Tue 2 Aug 22:34

Quote:

desparado, Tue 2 Aug 20:54

What an absolutely terrible idea. Glad you`re nothing to do with the running of our club.

I would not like to see us go PT but still think it would allow us to attract better players at our level.

With our current squad we ain`t going up this season.

Once we have got rid of the high earners who got us relegated then maybe next year we will be ok....hopefully. But the pressure will be right on to go up in two seasons or PT football could be a real possibility.

Remember last season when JH said we were the laughing stock of Scottish football ? What does that make us now. We can hardly sign anyone as a FT team in the third tier or Scottish football. As a PT team we would attract plenty very good players and probably have a better chance of going up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 09:48

It`s naive to think we can switch between PT and FT to suit the situation. No ambitious football club would contemplate switching from FT to PT. And how does it affect the Academy project? It`s going to be difficult enough to attract promising youngsters to join our academy rather than those of the Premiership clubs without the added handicap of being a part-time club. How many youngsters set out to make a career as a part-time footballer?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 09:53

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Aug 09:48

It`s naive to think we can switch between PT and FT to suit the situation. No ambitious football club would contemplate switching from FT to PT. And how does it affect the Academy project? It`s going to be difficult enough to attract promising youngsters to join our academy rather than those of the Premiership clubs without the added handicap of being a part-time club. How many youngsters set out to make a career as a part-time footballer?

At this level it would probably help us attract better players if we had some kind of hybrid model, with the Academy players being full time, and the very best part time players in Scotland. Full time players don`t want to drop down to league 1, while a lot of very good part time players can`t sign for us so will sign for our league rivals
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 10:16

"With our current squad we ain`t going up this season."

That`s true but no-one is suggesting that we won`t sign any more players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 10:16

So we`ll have the Academy players training full-time and the first-team players training part-time? Why would anyone join the Academy if they couldn`t be sure the club would be in a position to offer a full-time contract at the end of their apprenticeship?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 14:12

I am aware of the Academy. We cant just go PT at drop of a hat as certain FT players will be under contract but a Hybrid model would work until we get back established in Championship or if that does not happen then we have no choice due to finances to go fully PT and ice the academy.

There is going to be lot of pressure on us to get promoted, if not this year then next. I could handle one season down until we offload those high earners but then the following season will be a must. Board will need to put their hands in their pockets to achieve that or we may find ourselves in a position where we wont even be discussing PT football as it will be inevitable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 14:38

Grant and Hughes were given money last year to build a squad. IMOP, this money was wasted, they brought in players who were not good enough, and better players were released. I do not know how small our budget is but if we get injuries to several of our 1st team squad I fear for the youngsters who will have to replace them. If we cannot afford to bring in seasoned players the board and CEO must let the fans know the truth.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 15:20

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 03 Aug 14:38

Grant and Hughes were given money last year to build a squad. IMOP, this money was wasted, they brought in players who were not good enough, and better players were released. I do not know how small our budget is but if we get injuries to several of our 1st team squad I fear for the youngsters who will have to replace them. If we cannot afford to bring in seasoned players the board and CEO must let the fans know the truth.

Totally agree, Club must let the fans know if we are unable to bring new players onboard due to finances. Squad lacking depth in key areas is definitely a real concern.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 15:34

`Letting the fans know` means letting the whole football world know. There is an awful lot of speculation on here based on the flimsiest evidence. McPake concedes he has to strengthen the squad and seems confident he can do that. That doesn`t suggest to me he has run out of budget. Potential signings or their clubs may be playing hardball but as the end of the window approaches something`s got to give.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 15:46

Why can`t we do a hybrid option have some full time some part time. Let`s be honest your wrong if your saying there isn`t part time players better than some of our full time players.

This squad at this moment aren`t going to win this league. We are at last 4 shy of a title chasing team. Maybe getting a few part time lads in wouldn`t be a bad option. The gap between full time and part time isnt as big as it maybe was a decade ago.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 19:49

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Wed 3 Aug 15:46

Why can`t we do a hybrid option have some full time some part time. Let`s be honest your wrong if your saying there isn`t part time players better than some of our full time players.

This squad at this moment aren`t going to win this league. We are at last 4 shy of a title chasing team. Maybe getting a few part time lads in wouldn`t be a bad option. The gap between full time and part time isnt as big as it maybe was a decade ago.

Most managers don`t like hybrid squads as it`s hard to get them all together. They would also end up taking training during the day and in the evenings. When AJ was appointed, he was given the option but he preferred to with a smaller, full time squad.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 20:32

Some amount of absolute pihs gets posted on here.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 20:41

It`s been a slow week!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 10:00

Some of the things that get suggested on here are genuinely terrifying! Thank god these posters aren`t anything to do with the club and thankfully there is absolutely no chance that we are going PT.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net