DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Who’s heading to Meadowbank?
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 19:54

Tickets purchased today on the Fanbase app. Me and the laddie going. Was there many, many moons ago when it was Meadowbank. Says we’re standing so gonna be interesting how it looks these days
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Who’s heading to Meadowbank?
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 30 Jul 20:30

Remember we got absolutely slapped,when it was Meadowbank,many moons ago.Poor leish, got absolutely slaughtered that night.I have never been in such a depressing ground.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Jul 20:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 00:38

Was busy Saturday morning and tried to get tickets but the link on FC Edinburgh website says none available so missed out by the time I picked up on this. More miffed that some season ticket holders got an email from the club and others did not, I am a season ticket holder and signed up for information updates from the club.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 01:05

Not going, could not stand for 90 minutes I`m afraid.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 01:34

Quote:

Pars11, Sun 31 Jul 00:38

Was busy Saturday morning and tried to get tickets but the link on FC Edinburgh website says none available so missed out by the time I picked up on this. More miffed that some season ticket holders got an email from the club and others did not, I am a season ticket holder and signed up for information updates from the club.

Are you sure no tickets are available? I booked earlier today on the link provided in the email to ST holders, and have just tried it again now - I would have been able to buy another ticket but aborted the transaction before my credit card took another hit!

Have you checked your junk/spam folder for the DAFC Shop email? Do you get a reminder email about ST renewals etc?

If there`s a problem you could check with matthew@dafc.co.uk to make sure your name is on the ST distribution list.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 06:13

Twin Par, I was told not to go to the game that night. That was by someone who worked at EEP. Our team had too many important players missing. The only upside was that I must have the only copy of the Eastenders single with Hamish McAlpines signature on it!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 06:36

"Not going, could not stand for 90 minutes I`m afraid."

Aye, pretty poor that there are no seats available at all for away fans by the looks of it.

"Was busy Saturday morning and tried to get tickets but the link on FC Edinburgh website says none available so missed out by the time I picked up on this."

Think there was an issue earlier where it was saying there were none available but they actually were if you clicked somewhere else.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StackPar  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 08:35

Bought 2 tickets before KO yesterday, no bother. The Fanbase app is pretty decent.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 09:12

Fanbase says invalid login but there is no forgotten password link.?

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YeParss  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 09:43

Pretty sure tickets are still available as I just got some.

It shows as not available at first but if you click the "events" button on the page it brings up a page allowing you to buy the tickets.

"cool as a cucumber"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TigerPar  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:00

Fanbase is showing “no tickets available” when I try, gutted!

Is 500 the total capacity for football at Meadowbank? Pretty crap if it is.

Edit: just seen the comment about capicity on the other thread. Shocking!

Post Edited (Sun 31 Jul 10:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:04

Capacity is 1280 and our allocation is 720.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:08

Anyone can buy tickets on the fan base, I done so before the club email. A bit cheeky of the club to try and say they are only letting ST holders know when anyone can buy them if on fanbase app.

Plus only some ST holders got the email. I got one, but my dad never. Both are ST holders
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:35

It’s not up to Dunfermline to decide who can or cannot buy tickets first. This is down to Edinburgh to decide. If non season ticket holder went on the Fanbase site they could’ve bought tickets. It doesn’t ask if you are a dafc season ticket holder, there not bothered wether you are or not
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:38

That’s not correct.

The clubs e-mail states that they are making ST holders holders aware first. It doesn’t state that there is any exclusivity attached to ST holders in obtaining a ticket.

IMO - DAFC are trying their best with a situation they don’t control.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:40

Quote:

Angus_W, Sun 31 Jul 10:38

That’s not correct.

The clubs e-mail states that they are making ST holders holders aware first. It doesn’t state that there is any exclusivity attached to ST holders in obtaining a ticket.

IMO - DAFC are trying their best with a situation they don’t control.

I understand what you are saying and I wasn’t having a go at the club. I was purely just trying to say it’s out of the clubs control. Basically it’s a free for all. I bought my tickets then received an email from the club an hour later on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:42

Topic Originator: Stanza like
Date: Sun 31 Jul 01:34

Quote:

Pars11, Sun 31 Jul 00:38

Are you sure no tickets are available? I booked earlier today on the link provided in the email to ST holders, and have just tried it again now - I would have been able to buy another ticket but aborted the transaction before my credit card took another hit!

Have you checked your junk/spam folder for the DAFC Shop email? Do you get a reminder email about ST renewals etc?

If there`s a problem you could check with matthew@dafc.co.uk to make sure your name is on the ST distribution list.

Been through all the points you make, I get club updates, I have asked at the Shop, they said news to them an email went out. WAs even subjected to electronic failure at the the turnstile in the Norrie, my 10YO grandson got in and my season card came up with a message "wrong day". Unhelpful security guys advice was go to the club shop at 1450 leaving my Granson inside. He let me in when given the full frontal blast that was idiotic advice with a minor already inside. He let me in then subjected me to a lecture of going to the club shop at full time. He was not impressed when advised that I need to go to the club shop before the next home game to sort the issue. Not a good day apart from the result.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 10:47

There are still tickets available, if you follow the link the club sent or the advice given by many people on here, to click on ‘events’ at the top of the page that says ‘no tickets available’ on fanbase. For ST holders that didn’t get the email, it’s probably worth checking your junk and/or contacting the club to make sure they have the correct email address. Please read the comments from people trying to help you, rather than just moaning. If you read the posts from several people on here, trying to help, you’ll be able to get tickets.

As for ST priority, the club have no control over that. FC Edinburgh are selling tickets themselves, on their own system, so have no way to sell to our ST holders first. The club seem to have negotiated that this only be available at first, by clicking on ‘events’ rather than just being sold in the usual place. We don’t allow away teams to sell their own tickets either, not many clubs do these days. So we can’t really have any complaints on that.

Steaua’s concern is a bit more concerning, Steaua have you tried contacting FC Edinburgh directly, or raising this with Drew Main? Hopefully something can be sorted, so that you can attend the match and sit in the stand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 11:05

DAFC had been in discussion with FC Edinburgh last week about how ticket sales could be co-ordinated so that our ST holders could get priority access given the small number of tickets available for away fans and the fact we had to use their online ticketing platform. Unfortunately, FC Edinburgh appear to have jumped the gun and tickets have been generally available as pointed out in this thread.

I contacted FC Edinburgh yesterday to enquire about the availability of stand tickets for Pars fans but have yet to receive a reply.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: M-PAR  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 11:06

Anyone know if there is decent parking available at the stadium?

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 11:34

Quote:

M-PAR, Sun 31 Jul 11:06

There’s no parking at the stadium. There’s a Sainsburys in a retail park beside it, but don’t know parking limits/restrictions. Parking on the street is free in that area too. Lots of side streets off London Road.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 11:57

Just retried the ticket process used by FC Edinburgh. It is not straightforward but tickets are available. Click MATCHES and on the V Dunfermline click MATCH DAY INFO. Click on CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS NOW. It says NO TICKETS AVAILABLE but above is an EVENTS button, click on it and tickets are available.

In reply to the comment about just moans the club appear to have sent out an email to people who selected the update button when renewing season tickets online, if you bought at the club shop they probably did not update that information. Faults exist with the system, not moaning stating facts.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: M-PAR  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 12:27

Quote:

par-91, Sun 31 Jul 11:34

Quote:

M-PAR, Sun 31 Jul 11:06

There’s no parking at the stadium. There’s a Sainsburys in a retail park beside it, but don’t know parking limits/restrictions. Parking on the street is free in that area too. Lots of side streets off London Road.

Cheers 👍

COYP!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 13:08

Topic Originator: eastendalloapar
Date: Sun 31 Jul 06:13

Twin Par, I was told not to go to the game that night. That was by someone who worked at EEP. Our team had too many important players missing. The only upside was that I must have the only copy of the Eastenders single with Hamish McAlpines signature on it!

Got a great condition one signed by the whole squad in my Pars memorabilia collection. I wonder what it`s value is because I`ve never seen one up for sale anywhere for comparison.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TigerPar  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 14:25

I have now managed to get tickets via Fanbase 👍🏻
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 14:52

Just got one just now

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JayD  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 11:53

On the parking places btw, you can park on the single yellow lines along London Road towards Jocks Lodge area from 1.30pm. The side streets get busy day to day anyway. If you`re really struggling the Morrisons further along offer a pay service to use their car park for longer times. Also plenty pubs around there. Limelite do free food pre match too!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net