DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 MOM
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 12:28

Josh Edwards, closely followed by Benedictus and Breen.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: MOM
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 12:32

Todd ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 12:35

Josh Edwards

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 13:22

Benedictus for me

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 14:53

Josh Edwards , the best attacker on the pitch

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 15:58

If Kyle Mcdonald could deliver a decent cross, he`d have strolled MOM yesterday. Did everything else right.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 16:10

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 31 Jul 15:58

If Kyle Mcdonald could deliver a decent cross, he`d have strolled MOM yesterday. Did everything else right.

🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 16:25

Beni, it was a major coup getting him to sign for us. Josh also did very well, he should try to build up his arm muscles so that can get more accurate in his long throws.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 16:30

Quote:

gordi-b, Sun 31 Jul 14:53

Josh Edwards , the best attacker on the pitch

Agreed. Our final ball wasn't great yesterday across the whole team but he put one right on McCann`s head that he really should have tested the keeper with.
I read there was interest in Edwards from down south a few weeks back. I fear we might lose him but here`s hoping we don`t.

Post Edited (Sun 31 Jul 16:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 17:27

Edwards for me as well. Thought Benedictus and Breen were also solid

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 18:30

Quote:

desparado, Sun 31 Jul 12:32

Todd ?

He was utter dug meat.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 18:34

AAPS - I agree. McDonald did have good game. His final ball was clearly poor but otherwise I thought he was very good and think he can be an asset this season. Todd stole the show for me but could have given MOM to any of the back 4.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 18:54

Edwards. His work rate is tremendous and he can put in some excellent balls. Good on the ball too

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 19:02

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 31 Jul 18:54

Edwards. His work rate is tremendous and he can put in some excellent balls. Good on the ball too

Agree. Edwards is probably our best player by quite a distance
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 19:24

Edwards
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 19:58

Not seeing what so many are seeing with Edwards I`m afraid. He was good enough, don`t get me wrong, but his final ball was too often lacking and both full backs got caught out a few times defensively I thought. I`d say Todd was our best player personally

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 31 Jul 21:17

Topic Originator: kelty_par like
Date: Sun 31 Jul 19:58

Not seeing what so many are seeing with Edwards I`m afraid. He was good enough, don`t get me wrong, but his final ball was too often lacking and both full backs got caught out a few times defensively I thought. I`d say Todd was our best player personally

Yet the saline hill puma thinks he was dug meat 🤷🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFCinBK  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 08:59

Agree that Bene strolled it, which seemed to give confidence to the whole defence. Todd has looked a revelation in the last few games and a real prospect. His development from a season ago is incredible. Edwards was good but not his best game. For me McDonald didn`t work at right mid. If his crossing is so poor then he just can`t play that role effectively, but I`m sure I remember it being said last season that he was our best crosser? Not on Saturday`s form!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 09:46

Todd is a classic example of how a player can improve over time, something a lot of fans seem reluctant to recognise. JMcP spoke very highly of him in his post-match interview and he sees him every day in training. He seems to think he could play at a higher level.

I didn`t think anyone justified the tag `MOM` but I continue to be impressed by Benedictus`s consistency and leadership. Usually when players join from a rival club they don`t look as good as they did when they played against us but I would say he looks better than he did when he played for the Rovers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 10:43

I agree young players can improve over time and with regular games. But and it’s a big but not all players do to the level we require. The odds of a young player coming through and going on to be a stalwart for the club or even moving up to a higher level are quite low.

Todd has certainly come on and looks by far the best bet of the 3 getting game time just now.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 11:01

So is that an argument against following a development policy? I think all clubs recognise the high fall-out rate from academies but sometimes it only needs one success per season to justify the investment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 15:19

You have to give young players a chance first. Maybe they don’t make the grade, but you can’t lose faith in them purely from a cameo or two.

Notwithstanding the poor season last year, Todd, Allan and McCann each improved significantly. Edwards was young and raw too when Craw signed him, but with games he’s improved a lot too. Breen is a work in progress too, but he’s getting better each game.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net