DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Edinburgh game for fans unable to stand
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 09:44

I have emailed FC Edinburgh about folk who can’t stand for long. They have responded by asking if we have specific numbers who’d like to attend.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Edinburgh game for fans unable to stand
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 09:48

They need to know numbers as soon as possible so they can see if they can accommodate us. They need to know by the latest Tuesday 5pm
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 10:07

Have you contacted Drew Main (Supporter`s Liaison Officer) about this?

Seems like the sort of thing he should be dealing with on supporters` behalf.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 10:16

No I emailed Edinburgh. They’re asking for numbers. I’m ok just done it for fellow supporters. You would think that Drew would’ve done this a few weeks back
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 10:20

You would think!

Post Edited (Mon 01 Aug 10:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stella Kozma  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 10:22

We can only go at the speed of the Home team. Not all information is available from an early date.

I understand our Disability Access Officer is getting details of what FC Edinburgh can do for our fans in this regard.

Kirkcaldy Parasites Live On
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 10:54

Quote:

Stella Kozma, Mon 1 Aug 10:22

We can only go at the speed of the Home team. Not all information is available from an early date.

I understand our Disability Access Officer is getting details of what FC Edinburgh can do for our fans in this regard.

You say we can only go at the speed of the home team, correct. But these things surely should be in place weeks ago. We can’t be the only club in the league that has disabled supporters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 10:55

Quote:

Ormiston_Par, Mon 1 Aug 10:20

You would think!

I contacted FC Edinburgh on Saturday as per my post at 11:05 on the `Who`s heading to Meadowbank?` thread. I`ve yet to receive a response from them.

Drew Main, SLO
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 11:25

Thanks Drew.

My personal view is that it makes far more sense to communicate this type of thing through official channels rather than on an unofficial fans forum that only a sub-set of DAFC supporters look at. Case in point - I hadn`t read the "Who`s heading to Meadowbank" thread and therefore didn`t see your post. I won`t be the only one.

We`re now in a situation where a supporter has taken it upon themselves to contact the opposition club directly, duplicating DAFC`s efforts. Granted, not everyone looks at the COWS either but I think a short news article is all it would have taken to have give you (as SLO) the credibility to say "this information has already been communicated through official channels".

Not a massive issue in the grand scheme of things of course, but just my two cents.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 11:42

When the DASC asked if I wanted a seat on the bus, it was known then it would be standing only. And it was when I read .net this morning I saw the post that there could be seating for us olds etc. Unfortunately I had already booked a stall at the event at Wellwood for the DASC DONATION SHOP. 12noon to 4pm Saturday. Anyway, I am not bothered now as all our proceeds go to the DAFC ACADEMY FUND. Enjoy the game folks.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 12:53

I`d argue Edinburgh should respond to individual enquiries but not to ask "how many?". We have a disability group but not everyone who may need a seat will be part of that, and they may not consider themselves to have a disability in the first place.

I don`t know the story at Meadowbank but surely they haven`t built a stadium with no/little seating and/or area for people in wheelchairs?!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 13:05

TBH, I think it`s shameful (assuming it is the case) that Edinburgh even contemplated an arrangement whereby no seating would be available for visiting supporters.

The demographic of football fans is such that a significant proportion have problems with mobility due to age or disability, or who for other reasons are unable or unwilling to stand for two hours.

The SPFL Licence should include an obligation on all football clubs competing in ANY league of the SPFL to make a proportion of their seating available to away fans when seating is on public sale.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 13:13

I thought it was a condition of the bronze license to be honest.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 13:17

The plot thickens - FC Edinburgh now saying away tickets have been allocated by DAFC? What the hell is going on?

Post Edited (Mon 01 Aug 13:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 13:27

Starting to sound like they don`t know their erss from their elbay.
Drew`s involved and I`d take his version of events every day of the week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 13:29

And Stanza is spot on. Ridiculous pi$$ poor organisation bordering on discrimination.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 14:06

Quote:

Ormiston_Par, Mon 1 Aug 13:17

The plot thickens - FC Edinburgh now saying away tickets have been allocated by DAFC? What the hell is going on?

Surely this is due to Dunfermline asking not to make the link public yet, so that season ticket holders can get access. There are still tickets available for the away end, despite numerous people mentioning it here and elsewhere online, with instructions on how to find them. So I really don’t understand the issue some people have with this.

As I say, for ST holders who have not received the email, it’s probably worth checking if you have given the club your up to date email address. If you didn’t receive a digital season ticket when you bought/renewed, it’s unlikely that the club have your correct email address.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 14:17

ahh the perfect world that is a football fans life.

Yes we are all impatient and all want our needs met however what we have is a "perfect storm". A team moving to a new facility where there have been 2 events held one attracting 495 people the other 300 people and up until last week a capacity cap of 500 now increased to 1200. The unknown of when/if the additional capacity being granted would always influence or impact how tickets could be distributed for the game and as it turns out the first game is one of the biggest they will host this season. Remember that its a club with even less staff/resources than what we have and likely be dealing with part time staff/volunteers.

Lets just take a step back and let the clubs communicate. As detailed above we have a SLO who should be the first point of contact for any fans who have any issues/concerns and sure there will be a feedback mechanism based on Saturday being one of the first proper tests to the facilities. It should already be a warning sign to maybe have 1 less pint and arrive at a decent time on saturday to not only help the matchday staff but improve your own matchday experience rather than banging on the gates at 2:55 and blaming the hosts for a lack of organisation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 15:03

It’s really poor from both clubs. Edinburgh should’ve realised that they are coming up against one of the bigger supporting sides in the league to organise it with Dunfermline to ensure ALL needs are sorted. Folk are saying the we have a SLO so maybe he was sorting this out but why then has it took myself to email Edinburgh to find out wether or not there is area of needs for our disabled fans. p*** poor by both set of clubs
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 15:04

Just to say as well I emailed them on Sunday and got a response first thing on Monday morning so fair do’s to them for that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 15:43

Quote:

Steve mcgregor, Mon 1 Aug 15:04

Just to say as well I emailed them on Sunday and got a response first thing on Monday morning so fair do’s to them for that.

Well done on getting a response...I still haven`t after emailing them on Saturday morning.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 15:50

Quote:

Steve mcgregor, Mon 1 Aug 15:03

It’s really poor from both clubs. Edinburgh should’ve realised that they are coming up against one of the bigger supporting sides in the league to organise it with Dunfermline to ensure ALL needs are sorted. Folk are saying the we have a SLO so maybe he was sorting this out but why then has it took myself to email Edinburgh to find out wether or not there is area of needs for our disabled fans. p*** poor by both set of clubs

DAFC had been arranging how tickets would be sold to Pars fans with FC Edinburgh last week bearing in mind the number of tickets available and having to use their online ticketing platform. A plan was in place but it appears FC Edinburgh jumped the gun without any further communication with the club. Contrary to what I`ve seen on social media, the sale of tickets has been completely controlled by FC Edinburgh from what I`ve been able to find out today so far.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 16:31

Question for Drew.

What specifically have DAFC done to try and rectify the situation with FC Edinburgh? Has anyone picked up the phone and spoken to them? Given that they started to sell tickets without finalising the arrangements, I assume someone must have done?

The confusion around this and the conflicting / lack of official comms up to this point has made both clubs look somewhat amateur TBH. I don`t doubt for a second that DAFC`s hands are clean as you mentioned above, but perception is everything. The last thing the club needs is to be tainted by a shambles of FC Edinburgh`s making.

Should there be any problems on Saturday in terms of ground access or where supporters are accommodated, you just know those are going to be dissected, and fingers will be pointed (probably in the wrong places). All of that can be avoided by way of an official clarification of the situation from DAFC, however.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 16:43

^^^ probably a better person to answer this is Matt in our ticket office. However, he`s off on a Monday but will ask him tomorrow.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 16:52

Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief
Date: Mon 1 Aug 15:43

Quote:

Steve mcgregor, Mon 1 Aug 15:04

Well done on getting a response...I still haven`t after emailing them on Saturday morning.

Must be using the same e mail provider as DAFC with selective responses and distribution list!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 17:27

I see there`s now an article up on COWS. Glad to see that.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=FC_Edinburgh_v_DAFC__-_Ticket_Information&ID=13895

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 17:31

Not sure why the clubs getting slated on here. They had no control over ticket sales and if fc Edinburgh are only giving us standing tickets then hows that the clubs fault?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 19:13

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 1 Aug 17:31

Not sure why the clubs getting slated on here. They had no control over ticket sales and if fc Edinburgh are only giving us standing tickets then hows that the clubs fault?

Clubs are getting slated as you put it because of the way it’s all been handled. There has been no thought given to fans who can’t stand. In this day it’s a vital part of the safety of supporters. By only offering standing tickets they are dismissing ways of life. I’m lucky I can stand but hope to hell they have barriers to lean onto or I’m in trouble. There are fans out there who are worse than myself but deserve the chance to go but can’t
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 19:26

What`s that got to do with DAFC?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 19:45

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 1 Aug 19:26

What`s that got to do with DAFC?

Exactly!

Meadowbank, according to Edinburgh Council, has a handful of wheelchair accessible spaces plus around 500 seats. Surely sole spaces could have been allocated to Pars fans on a first come, first served basis?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 19:53

It took FCE until Saturday to tell the world what their capacity was this season. The fault is all theirs.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 19:59

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 1 Aug 19:53

It took FCE until Saturday to tell the world what their capacity was this season. The fault is all theirs.

Surely to god Joe Chalmers must also be responsible?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 20:32

Word is they asked Joe Chalmers to pass on the message three weeks ago but he fluffed the pass and the message ended up in a muddy puddle in the car park.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 20:37

Truly tragic patter that

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 21:06

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 1 Aug 20:37

Truly tragic patter that

Dry yer eyes

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 21:06

You just a pr*k to anyone who dares to disagree with you?

Post Edited (Mon 01 Aug 21:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 21:32

Would you two like a room?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 22:36

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 1 Aug 21:06

You just a pr*k to anyone who dares to disagree with you?

😁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Mon 1 Aug 23:42

“Surely to god Joe Chalmers must also be responsible?”

Truly embarrassing.

As for blaming the club for this, it seems like they made an effort to get in touch with FC Edinburgh who ignored them and then just went ahead and did what they were going to do without communicating with the club? Not sure how the club can be blamed whatsoever, what do you expect, a hand delivered message to your door that there’s no update to give?

Post Edited (Mon 01 Aug 23:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Aug 13:56

DAFCs Disability Access Officer, Graham Ross has been speaking with his opposite number at FC Edinburgh about this. Edinburgh are aware of a problem with the FanBase booking system they`ve only just started using. There should`ve been a section set aside for wheelchair users, carers and ambulant disabled away fans. This is being addressed by FanBase now. I`ll update on here if I hear any more.

In the meantime, if you have any questions/concerns you can contact Graham on dao@dafc.co.uk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 12:05

"It took FCE until Saturday to tell the world what their capacity was this season. The fault is all theirs."

or as said above they have moved into a new facility where there have been incremental H&S sign offs to increase capacity from a 500 baseline upto now 1200 based on successful test events etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 12:19

The point I was making was that there was nothing we could do about this until FCE had decided on the capacity for their new ground, whatever the reason for the delay.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 18:54

Quote:

Kaiser Chief, Tue 2 Aug 13:56

DAFCs Disability Access Officer, Graham Ross has been speaking with his opposite number at FC Edinburgh about this. Edinburgh are aware of a problem with the FanBase booking system they`ve only just started using. There should`ve been a section set aside for wheelchair users, carers and ambulant disabled away fans. This is being addressed by FanBase now. I`ll update on here if I hear any more.

In the meantime, if you have any questions/concerns you can contact Graham on dao@dafc.co.uk.

Well done to Drew and Graham for their efforts to sort out a problem which is not of DAFC`s making.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 21:38

My son has managed to get me a seat in the "stand". Apparently the ground will be open at 1pm, perhaps they only have a few turnstyles.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 21:50

Where exactly is the standing section? Photo on COWS only shows seating seats

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 22:30

Quote:

parsfan97, Thu 04 Aug 21:50

Probably along the far side touch line line up along the touch line just like watching a game down the park

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 22:34

I heard a bit of a Q&A that they did for their fans online - from what I remember, there was talk of possibly just allowing fans at stand around the pitch, which I took to mean uncovered at pitch level, maybe with some sort of barrier. They had originally wanted to put up some stand or terrace on the far side, but this didn`t seem possible because access for a new housing development was required.

My expectations are low.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 22:59

Quote:

back oh the net, Thu 4 Aug 22:30

Quote:

parsfan97, Thu 04 Aug 21:50

Probably along the far side touch line line up along the touch line just like watching a game down the park

Much worse than that, I’m afraid. We’re on the side opposite the stand (and behind goals), but also have the running track, dugouts and various bits of athletic equipment between us and the pitch, restricting the view! Also just seen that they’re asking fans to arrive between 1pm and 2pm to guarantee entry prior to kickoff…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 00:26

“Also just seen that they’re asking fans to arrive between 1pm and 2pm to guarantee entry prior to kickoff”

What is there 1 guy who will escort us to our place to stand! It’s 700 people!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 07:35

Glad I`m not going. I know the requirements in League One and Two ground wise are pretty lax but this (and Bonnyrigg`s New Dundas Park) are clearly not up to standard. The SFA Licencing Board need to look at tightening up ground regulations a bit IMO.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 07:51

Is the entry between 1+2pm part not just for the seated section?
The main section of the piece says to arrive early, but the section in the box seems to be talking just about the seated area.

Edited to add, is that some the s.l.o could confirm? Thanks

The flame still burns

Post Edited (Fri 05 Aug 08:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 10:07

Quote:

dpard, Fri 5 Aug 07:51

Is the entry between 1 2pm part not just for the seated section?
The main section of the piece says to arrive early, but the section in the box seems to be talking just about the seated area.

I’d be surprised, given there’s a total of 498 seats in the stand (going by the seat map on the ticket page) and they said there were 720 standing tickets. I’d have thought it would take longer to get the standing fans in. Regardless, it’s become very clear that this ‘stadium’ really isn’t up to standard. Never should have been passed to host professional football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 10:43

Quote:

par-91, Fri 5 Aug 10:07

Quote:

dpard, Fri 5 Aug 07:51

Is the entry between 1 2pm part not just for the seated section?

I’d be surprised, given there’s a total of 498 seats in the stand (going by the seat map on the ticket page) and they said there were 720 standing tickets. I’d have thought it would take longer to get the standing fans in. Regardless, it’s become very clear that this ‘stadium’ really isn’t up to standard. Never should have been passed to host professional football.

I was taking the paragraphs and box as seperate Par-91. In the box it seems there is a separate section for seating for Dunfermline fans beside the main seats.
That was my interpretation of it anyways, which
is why I thought it best to ask if Drew could confirm.
I agree that the stadium is not fit for larger crowds though and should`ve been looked at by the spfl.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 12:39

Turn up 2 hours early for a crowd of 1300. Wow. Must only have 1 turnstile.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 12:48

Was thinking of going but seems to be sold out. Ah well. Will need to paint the fence instead
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 12:49

It’s not sold out. Lots of seats still available in the stand.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 12:51

Quote:

we won the cup in 68, Fri 5 Aug 12:49

It’s not sold out. Lots of seats still available in the stand.

Really! Oh I tried the link and it just says sold out and doesn’t provide an option for anything else. Am I doing something wrong?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 13:00

Got it. Yea the stand tickets are available thanks
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 13:02

Going by the image on the clubs social media, it`s not binoculars you need it`s the hubble telescope.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 13:36

I`ll be interested in hearing feedback from fans about Meadowbank. It doesn`t look suitable for these types of games. It`s clearly been designed to cater for multiple sports and on a budget.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 13:36

Tickets still available

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=1816&fbclid=IwAR2BFHJUYO8hhtbpCQ92pxVj0XtQN4AD9F7dJ5ApDceKAGPBZE14Vcya0mQ

https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=1817

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 13:46

I don`t think you need to wait for the fan response.

Honestly Central Park you are forgiven please come back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 13:57

Well this is going to be an interesting experience tomorrow
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 14:38

Says only 1 ticket left
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Fri 5 Aug 14:54

There`s about 50 left in the Pars end seats.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: we won the cup in 68  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 11:49

3 tickets away from being an away end sell out.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 12:34

Away end sold out, 24 tickets left for home end.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 14:12

That ground is totally not suitable for football viewing. Remember back in the 80s,going there,absolute dump.Dont know how the authorities allow it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 14:19

Ross Hart on twitter saying turnstiles didn`t open till 1.50 ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Aug 14:24

"That ground is totally not suitable for football viewing. Remember back in the 80s,going there,absolute dump.Dont know how the authorities allow it."

Might be awful now but it was perfectly fine when it was the old Commonwealth Stadium. Also had many enjoyable Friday nights there watching Edinburgh Gunners when they had they had the rugby there.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net