DAFC.net
Home 09 August 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Meeting last night
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 15:32

meeting link
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Meeting last night
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 16:09

I might be being thick here but what exactly is a town hall style meeting?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 16:26

Topic Originator: dafc-chris1 like
Date: Wed 3 Aug 16:09

I might be being thick here but what exactly is a town hall style meeting?

Something like this?

Post Edited (Wed 03 Aug 16:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 16:45

Good news. About the time the important supporters were listened too, heard the attendees were properly impressed, hopefully the guys there on behalf of the support may filter down some news
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 16:59

Important supporters? Eh? What does that mean?

Aren’t the Supporters Council Meetings “town hall style”?

Confused dot com

Post Edited (Wed 03 Aug 17:03)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 17:06

Quote:

buffy, Wed 3 Aug 16:59

Important supporters? Eh? What does that mean?

Aren’t the Supporters Council Meetings “town hall style”?

Confused dot com

Clearly anybody involved running supporters groups and deemed important enough to represent was there. Good on the club and hopefully they can provide us with an overview of the meeting….not difficult to understand I’d suggest?

The supporters council meetings work fine but this seems a way to direct the clubs thoughts to a group that can work on behalf of all supporters. I know a few who were invited and they’ll act well for us
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 17:41

Town hall is like that Only Fools pic. Representatives at the front, Joe/Jo Bloggs in the crowd. Question asked, questions answered.

Unlike Only Fools, it`s unlikely that someone attending will end the meeting as Chairman.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 17:56

Perhaps if you had worded it “important Supporters Clubs” then it might have been clearer (to me) JamesA74 😊

I thought the supporters groups were quite easy to approach anyway ~ but anything that helps with communication between all parties is a good thing.

Are these “town hall style” meetings going to replace the SCMs? Guess we’ll just have to wait for the further details.

I’m just asking questions ~ not having a go at anyone / the Club fwiw.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 18:58

Just out of interest what supporters groups are there?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 19:12

Quote:

buffy, Wed 3 Aug 17:56

Perhaps if you had worded it “important Supporters Clubs” then it might have been clearer (to me) JamesA74 😊

I thought the supporters groups were quite easy to approach anyway ~ but anything that helps with communication between all parties is a good thing.

Are these “town hall style” meetings going to replace the SCMs? Guess we’ll just have to wait for the further details.

I’m just asking questions ~ not having a go at anyone / the Club fwiw.

However my point was kind of as per your initial thoughts as well. These fans are deemed important enough to meet the chairman in our boardroom and hopefully now they will provide details to us mere mortals not able to attend these big meetings
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 19:19

Perhaps our supporters liaison officer can explain how the invites are issued?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 19:22

"However my point was kind of as per your initial thoughts as well. These fans are deemed important enough to meet the chairman in our boardroom and hopefully now they will provide details to us mere mortals not able to attend these big meetings"

Only if you have a persecution complex.

Representatives of various supporters clubs/organisations are presumably invited in and it`s their job to report back to the other members. You keep the numbers low so that it`s productive, everyone can be heard and so that the meeting has a fighting chance of achieving something.

I wasn`t there by the way. If you want to be, I`m sure you could join a supporters group and lobby them to be the representative who gets to attend.

Post Edited (Wed 03 Aug 19:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 19:25

Quote:

1970par, Wed 3 Aug 19:19

Perhaps our supporters liaison officer can explain how the invites are issued?

Don’t think he needs to explain? Why should he?
Clearly he would know who should and shouldn’t be there? That’s his job at the club.

If every decision the club and board made there would never be any work done.

Again kudos for linking the supporters clubs recognised by DAFC and the club again
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 19:51

think the invite was to supporters groups rosyth was there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 19:57

My initial thought - which you’ve misinterpreted - was your description of “important fans”. It wasn’t clear from your post who you were referring to. That’s why I asked.

I wasn’t querying / belittling the stance of the supporters clubs reps in attendance at the meeting (it was evidently clear from the COWs statement why they were invited). I take my woolly hat (and mittens) off to each and every one of them, and their teams. I’d be blooming useless representing anyone 😂

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 19:59

If my understanding is correct Drew is the Supporters representative (via the PST) on the BOD and is tasked with replying to supporters enquiries and talking any issues to the board and providing answers where possible from the BOD, people are not questioning the decision to hold the meeting just how that was relayed to the groups and the timing of the meeting

Supporters groups members had no advance knowledge of the meeting and therefore could not supply representatives with any pressing issues they would like to raise. Being that there has not been an away league match yet there has been little opportunity for buses to run with their full complement of members (if at all) who may wish to raise points

Perhaps it may be prudent to make it public knowledge prior to the meeting taking place which would allow fans groups the opportunity to discuss what they would like raised

There was a massive disconnect with the fans last season and rifts appearing regularly which led to the disgraceful treatment of our past Chairman let’s not make the same mistakes again

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 20:23

Just a thought but maybe this was a kick off meeting designed to help shape how these things will work going forward and give the reps some thoughts to take back to their members. If this was the case there wouldn`t be the need for input from supporters clubs members beforehand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 20:38

I remember in the Leishman era the monthly meetings of the federation of supporter`s clubs. At that time around 20 different clubs were involved. As a matter of interest how many supporter`s clubs have we now.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 21:37

"Topic Originator: JTH123
Date: Wed 3 Aug 20:23

Just a thought but maybe this was a kick off meeting designed to help shape how these things will work going forward and give the reps some thoughts to take back to their members. If this was the case there wouldn`t be the need for input from supporters clubs members beforehand."

This.

Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) were invited to last night`s meeting - I attended and have reported back to our Trustees. It will be included in next week`s Members` Bulletin and on the Agenda for the DADSC meeting on 15 August. Other groups will make their own communication arrangements.

It was a very informal and open session, and IMO worked well with the number attending (about 12-15). There is a real desire on behalf of the Chairman, Manager and Board to communicate regularly and openly with the fanbase, and to find the best ways of doing this. Both David and James were very responsive to ideas and suggestions, and I would expect that to continue at future meetings, which could well be attended by different representatives with more suggestions.

Last night`s meeting seems to be just one part of a communications strategy that is evolving, including different types of meeting and approaches to social media etc. The COWS article makes it clear that more information will be forthcoming on all this, so I really don`t think there should be any suspicion about the motives - however, this is dafc.net!!! :)

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 21:51

The Federation Of Dunfermline Athletic Supporters Clubs had 26 member Supporters Clubs and we had monthly meetings for reps from each of these clubs. We took the concerns, suggestions to the football club from the meetings . We contacted the clubs with any conclusions from our contact with DAFC.

Post Edited (Wed 03 Aug 21:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 22:28

Any talk of new signings?!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 22:42

So how do the fans that aren`t part of any supporters groups, (of which there will be many), interact with the club and raise their points/be made aware of what`s happening?
They fans can`t and shouldn`t be left out of these things imo.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 22:45

Presumably by going to the supporters` forums - which are open to all - and/or by contacting the Supporters` Liaison Officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 23:12

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Wed 3 Aug 22:45

Presumably by going to the supporters` forums - which are open to all - and/or by contacting the Supporters` Liaison Officer.

... or by joining one of the supporters` groups or volunteering to help one of the organisations.

Steaua reminded us all of when the Pars had lots of supporter groups with enthusiastic members, and the way that collective voice was listened to by the club management.

It`s entirely up to supporters how we organise ourselves, and how we present our views to the club. Individuals can still do so, but IMO the views are likely to carry greater weight if they are presented on behalf of a group of fans.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 6000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 07:11

"The Federation Of Dunfermline Athletic Supporters Clubs had 26 member Supporters Clubs and we had monthly meetings for reps from each of these clubs. We took the concerns, suggestions to the football club from the meetings . We contacted the clubs with any conclusions from our contact with DAFC.:

Most of the half time interval used to be taken up by announcements over the tannoy about the departure times for rhe various supporters clubs. What a great time to be a Pars fan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 08:14

I remember being up at Aberdeen when we had over 20 supporters buses lined up. It was a great sight.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net