DAFC.net
Home 03 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline Press
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 09:40

Is there a reason they`re covering Kelty Hearts and not us? Is it simply because it was a home game for Kelty?

Perhaps the bigger question is - is Kelty considered Dunfermline Press territory?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline Press
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 09:51

Ross Hart provided a live commentary on the Press site and there’s a match report, not sure what you’ve done.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 09:56

Quote:

jake89, Sun 7 Aug 09:40

Is there a reason they`re covering Kelty Hearts and not us? Is it simply because it was a home game for Kelty?

Perhaps the bigger question is - is Kelty considered Dunfermline Press territory?

Come on Jake, that`s amateurish coming from you.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 10:40

The press is a rag anyway, not any good editorial in it. All you get is court news on social media feeds as well from them.

Circulation must be extremely low
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 11:35

Genuinely all I could see was a couple of Kelty Hearts stories. That`s on mobile so it`s maybe different on a laptop.

DP has gone downhill since it was bought out some years back. I still buy the print version now and again but never understand why they never properly look into things. It`s just press releases and court appearances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 12:03

Daily Ranger had a 2 column report on Kelty, Pars got :- "Chris Hamilton is banned for Dunfermline "
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 12:04

We`re Kelty not away as well. I thought that they were away to Alloa. On another note, I hope that they mention our fans waiting at the turnstyles for almost an hour before we were allowed in. I believe their next home game is against Falkirk, I don`t think their supporters will be as patient as ours.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 12:12

It`s unfair to single out the Dunfermline Press. Every national and local newspaper in the country is suffering from declining circulation and profitability, so there isn`t the money to pay for the journalists to cover all the topics that used to be covered, so press releases form the basis for a lot of copy.

In particular, investigative journalism, which costs a lot and might not even result in a story, has declined enormously, so bad guys get away with stuff that doesn`t get exposed.

Most people now get their news from biased social media or rolling TV news. There`s a general dumbing down of the quality of reporting, with stories about Love Island and Eurovision being deemed given more coverage than Ukraine or PPE fraud.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 12:29

It`s a sad state of affairs.

I had a look again and the live updates, which are very good, are waaaaay down at the bottom of the Press website when on mobile. Oddly, the Kelty ones were higher up, as is their match report. I suspect this is simply down to the crap website. It`s the same one that runs quite a few local papers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 21:27

Doesn`t help that the Press is very Unionist biased.

Remember the week before the Referendum they had a type of voxpop when they asked 3 folk their thoughts on the way they were going to vote , 2 said they would vote to stay in the Union and the third one was undecided but would probably vote for the status quo, I never realised until that moment that a wee local paper would be so political.
TBH I never realised until 2014 how polarised the National and Local press were.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 21:32

There entitled to be political as long as what they say is true.

The fact a majority voted yes tells you that’s what the country wanted so you’re likely to have 2 out of 3 people classed as “Unionists”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sun 7 Aug 21:35

Politics Forum for this pash....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 08:15

Quote:

jake89, Sun 7 Aug 12:29

It`s a sad state of affairs.

I had a look again and the live updates, which are very good, are waaaaay down at the bottom of the Press website when on mobile. Oddly, the Kelty ones were higher up, as is their match report. I suspect this is simply down to the crap website. It`s the same one that runs quite a few local papers.

Where are you looking? I went to the sport section of the website. Top story is the 8 year old doing a 110km cycle. Next is Kelty’s updates, then ours. In fact, 2 of the first 5 stories on the sport page are Pars related. They also have a sub-section of the ‘sport’ section for ‘Pars’. Which, as you’d expect, is exclusively for Pars news/stories. I suspect they probably expect you to go there, if you’re looking for Pars content?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Aug 12:30

Just the homepage. I rarely click into the sports but tbh. Story about Mochrie is now third on the list. I`ve probably gone on at a weird time.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net