DAFC.net
Home 27 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Todorov
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 17:29

He should be getting started he looks the more natural striker and knows how to score.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Todorov
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 17:33

Has scored some important goals
For us

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 17:57

Totally agree, deserves to start next week. McCann was woeful this afternoon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:00

The two big guys don’t work. One from McCann and Todorov with O’Hara and play them through the middle, please

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sat 13 Aug 18:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:09

If we have some width and are getting balls into the box toddy is your best bet out of the 2 for me.

There’s more to playing fitba than just working hard and running about into people. Toddy has chipped in with a few goals when he gets a chance and is by far the more natural finisher, at this level with service he’ll score a fair few.

Wonder whether mcpake will give him a few starts? Seems a nice enough guy, always gives it a good go when he gets on despite never getting many starts in the last year.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:11

As Alan Shearer said, a striker scores most of his goals between the width of the posts. A few mins before the goal, Edwards sent a ball in the bounced on the penalty spot and nobody within ten yards

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sat 13 Aug 18:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:16

I’m all for giving youth a chance. Lewis McCann was terrible. Don’t know how he was kept on for the 90 minutes. Toddy to start next week. Drop McCann

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:19

Never understood that either. Didn`t understand the chalmers change either but we got the points.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:33

I agree McCann didn`t have his best game, but he was way better than Wighton and O`Hara.
Some people quickly forget that Lewis has had a great start to the season. He is a work in progress and always gives 100%. Starts ahead of Todorov and the other two every time for me.

C`mon
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:34

Todorov has a better goal celebration routine, I’d like to see it more often…..

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:36

If you think McCann was rotten today you obviously couldn`t see Wighton or O`Hara from your seat.
McCann works on scraps and some of the passes to him today were horrendous but some folk need a scapegoat I suppose.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:38

Not about scapegoats the lad had a bad game. Would have had Wighton off at HT. Seems to get overlooked that O`Hara and Wighton are being asked to play pretty much as wingers not a natural position for either.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:39

Kilsythpar McCann is playing in his ‘natural’ position, we’re asking wighton and o’hara to play a position they clearly are not suited too so that’s harsh on them. Stick mccann on the wing and let’s see how he does.

Yes McCann is a work in progress but we need to get out of this league so I’d like mcpake to go with the one who is in the best form and is most likely to score. For next week that’s toddy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:49

Today we played 451 at home. Get in some wingers asap. McPake so flat and boring. No urgency whatsoever. Yawn. What happened to the flowing attacking football we were promised??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:57

nothing to do with lack of wingers, 433 is what he played at Dundee in the main and said when he got the job he would be using. Todorov might have scored today but in that shape McCann is still the better option by some bit.

a problem if the shape changes and its 2 up top though, same as last season i dont think any of the 4 strikers can play together in a way that gets the best out of them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:02

Natural position or not would be good if Wighton looked remotely interested.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:15

Seems to be a bit of an obsession with wingers here as signing them is demanded for often, has McPake ever said he plans on using wingers? I may have missed it and there is a bigger plan that we don’t have the personnel for yet.

In modern football systems I thought the age of the winger was over and replaced by the wingback unless you stumble over a prodigious talent that you just have to fit in?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:38

Wighton does not look interested half the time. Lazy, hides on the park and couldn`t win a 60-40 ball, never mind a 50-50.
Frankly, he is a waste of a jersey and it is a shame because he clearly has talent, just no heart. McCann had a poor game today but always works hard and I expect him to finish our top scorer for the season. O`Hara tries hard but disappoints in a lot of ways. Todorov I think would be more of a goal threat. And I don`t subscribe to the notion that you can`t play 2 big guys up front. Well done to Mcpake for making substitutions early enough and changing the shape. It turned a draw into a win.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:44

I’d like to see Todorov start but he doesn’t have the running in him to be in the middle on his own. I’d like to see him played up front in a 442 with McCann. He’s the best goalscorer we have.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:44

Wighton`s playing with two dodgy knees apparently. To get the best out of O`Hara he should be playing in the box not out wide. Todorov seems to be more effective as a sub; any time he starts he tends to disappoint and is better in the air than on the deck. McCann was up against a wily, experienced defender today in Sean Dillon and he couldn`t get the better of him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:53

wee eck wrote:

> Wighton`s playing with two dodgy knees apparently. To get the
> best out of O`Hara he should be playing in the box not out
> wide. Todorov seems to be more effective as a sub; any time he
> starts he tends to disappoint and is better in the air than on
> the deck. McCann was up against a wily, experienced defender
> today in Sean Dillon and he couldn`t get the better of him.
>
>
Likely to see Wighton get the home games then on what should be a more forgiving surface.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 20:40

I presume he`ll have to get them fixed asap if we can get a replacement in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 22:21

Quote:

CrossPar, Sat 13 Aug 19:38

Wighton does not look interested half the time. Lazy, hides on the park and couldn`t win a 60-40 ball, never mind a 50-50.
Frankly, he is a waste of a jersey and it is a shame because he clearly has talent, just no heart. McCann had a poor game today but always works hard and I expect him to finish our top scorer for the season. O`Hara tries hard but disappoints in a lot of ways. Todorov I think would be more of a goal threat. And I don`t subscribe to the notion that you can`t play 2 big guys up front. Well done to Mcpake for making substitutions early enough and changing the shape. It turned a draw into a win.

Tbh the best I seen him play was when we had a player sent off and he had to drop into.cm his passing and creativity was ten fold.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 08:14

Todorov`s goal is on twitter/COWS.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 08:49

Watching the goal, to me that’s the difference between toddy and mccann. Toddy made the run and got ahead of his man to make the finish, McCann doesn’t have that positional awareness.

Seen a plethora of strikers play for us and not many will have worked as hard as McCann does but plenty of them scored far more goals.

Call me old fashioned but our main striker doesn’t need to run himself into the ground, I’d rather have a fresher striker more able to do something with the ball.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 09:22

Wighton looked totally disinterested until he was swapped with O’Hara and had McPake ‘coaching’ him from the bench.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 09:31

If Wighton’s knees are struggling, we should definitely start next week with the 3-5-2 system that seems to be working well. MacDonald and Edwards at wing back. Hamilton and Todd behind Mochrie in the middle. Todorov and O’Hara up front.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 09:31

Berkey, when are you going to acknowledge that players can improve with experience and coaching? You dismissed guys like McCann, Todd and Allan from the off but most fair-minded fans would agree that they have all developed since first appearing in the team and they can improve even more.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 10:16

The goal was exactly the sort of late winner I love to see. And what I always hoped Todorov would bring to the team.

A few facts worth considering, Berkey.
Firstly one to back up your point -
Todorov`s minutes per goal is almost a third of McCann`s.
But McCann has scored more and the manager has decided to play him and leave the more experienced and more expensive player on the bench.
FWIW I think he`s right. Until we change the way we play to suit Todorov more.

Btw Matty Todd was my mom.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Aug 13:29)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 10:34

McCann was actually involved in the build-up to the goal, picking up a headed clearance from our defence on the halfway line and sweeping it out to Macdonald. Some strikers wouldn`t drop that deep but it`s part of his game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:01

I agree Todorov`s movement off the ball is better and set up the pass and the goal. Thats what Chalmers needs in front of him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:05

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 14 Aug 10:34

McCann was actually involved in the build-up to the goal, picking up a headed clearance from our defence on the halfway line and sweeping it out to Macdonald. Some strikers wouldn`t drop that deep but it`s part of his game.

He also absolutely leathers his way on the overlap meaning the full back can`t fully commit to McDonald.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:11

Absolutely brilliant clipped cross by MacDonald and the finish is superb. Great goal, great scenes!

Episode 3 of East End Tales is out with Greg Shields!

https://eastendtales.buzzsprout.com/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:19

Wee eck of course these guys will improve with game and especially this season with the drop in level. Do I think they will improve enough to take us any further than mid table championship? Hope so but the jury is still out for me.

Todd certainly looks like he’s improved and finished last season well at right back and started well this season in the middle. Allan will have restricted game time once everyone is fit and McCann for me works hard and gets stuck in never looks that likely to score with the ball at his feet which I would consider quite important.

Big season for them all, it’s a given we won’t be looking to bring another striker in unless we can move one on so looks to me like McCann will get plenty of game time to step up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:32

Last week he scored 2 goals. This week he was involved in the winner. I`m absolutely delighted each and every time he scores and I hope he continues to be our main striker. He must be a nightmare to play against.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 12:36

Wighton doesn`t do nearly enough for me but unfortunately that`s all we have and with nobody either we fancy or vice versa in the available market we need to try and find a way that will suit them all. Toddy changed the game today when he came on. Thought we were poor on Saturday and a draw maybe a fair result but you take it and move on to next week. Games like that we would have lost last season.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Mon 15 Aug 12:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 12:50

Concern with Wighton is he`s playing whilst injured. I expect that`s McPake`s worry. You can`t win goals without scoring goals and one of the main guys responsible for goal scoring in our team is running about on dodgy knees. Not fair on Wighton and not great for the team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 17:55

Surely Mochrie could have started ahead of Wighton. McPake said he was still getting up to fitness but he managed 90 mins midweek in Utd Cup game.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net