DAFC.net
Home 02 October 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Squeaky?
Topic Originator: Lassodie  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 17:48

We’re all Pars supporters here and three wins is three wins BUT a fluke won a home game v Alloa, we demolished mighty Edinburgh and sneaked home here by the looks of things.
To those that were there-are we playing well?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Squeaky?
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:03

I couldn’t make the game today despite having a season, so I can’t answer your question as such.
I can however point out that “mighty” Edinburgh were good enough to score 4 goals at Alloa today. Maybe we’re doing pretty well overall. 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:05

Quote:

Lassodie, Sat 13 Aug 17:48

We’re all Pars supporters here and three wins is three wins BUT a fluke won a home game v Alloa, we demolished mighty Edinburgh and sneaked home here by the looks of things.
To those that were there-are we playing well?

Mighty Edinburgh put 4 past Alloa.

Can we play better? Yes? Could we score more goals ? Yes. Would you take three wins and none conceded ? Yes

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sat 13 Aug 18:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thursopar  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:35

I think we should get used to tight games at home where teams will come and make it difficult for us to play football. Are we playing well? Don’t care so long as we keep winning.

I reckon we will play better football away from home as we’ll be given more freedom to play more attractive, attacking football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:45

As said above, it’s going to be a war of attrition at home and we’ll do better away from home against teams expected to have a go.

At home if we lose the first goal you still worry where the goal or 2 goals to win are coming from but surely there’s still a few players to come in which could make all the difference.

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:48

I didn’t think Montrose sat in. I thought they had a go and arguably played the better football today. However take 3 points any day.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:55

In the first half maybe they looked more dangerous when attacking but also a wee bit vulnerable
For most of the second half they were second best and got more and more frustrated as we didn’t let them play (which is why the started fouling) - think we deserved the 3 points today
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: YankeeDollar  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:58

First half Montrose had better possession. Our defence looked a bit shaky to start but came into the game.

2nd half defence and midfield held out but ffs, Wighton? Done absolutely hee haw.

Definitely need a hand from somewhere.

Todorov took the goal well. Perhaps we should start with him and McCann up front from the start.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Aug 18:59)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:37

Montrose were more than happy to waste as much time as possible in the second half when it was 0-0. That tells me they didn`t fancy their chances of a win. Well done the Pars 3 wins out of 3.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 21:40

Are we playing well? Yes we are playing well. It isn’t free flowing and and isn’t particularly pretty but we are playing as a unit, the players are giving everything and the defence looks solid. Yes we have ground out a couple of 1- nils but when you are organised and work hard not to concede then you give yourself the opportunity to win a game with a single goal. 9 points from 9, no goals conceded- I’ll settle for that.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net