DAFC.net
Home 07 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Team colours
Topic Originator: Thursopar  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 17:39

Is it just me or do others have the same issue?

I’m colour blind, so todays strips made it impossible for me to distinguish the team shirts (by shorts only) This isn’t the first time, against Alloa, the referee wore red which for me looked very similar to back of the shirt (dark gold).

This season isn’t the first, two years ago Hearts wore a dark maroon top which for me was the same colour as the referee.

If anyone within the club reads this please give consideration to those less fortunate and request the clubs wear dark/light colours.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Team colours
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 17:50

Seems strange that Montrose changed kit, don`t they normally wear blue?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 17:55

I was moaning about the same thing when the teams came out. Like you, I’m colourblind and I really couldn’t distinguish between the shirts or socks of both teams. No excuse for football clubs not to consider these things, in this day and age.

Had the same issue as you with the referee at the Alloa game too.

Football should be inclusive for everyone. 1 in 12 men have colourblindness, it’s not like this is something rare that we don’t know much about.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:17

This is something UEFA have done well in their recent tournaments. Dark vs light strips with no similar colours. Good for those of us who look at an Ishihara Test can’t see the numbers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thursopar  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:24

I think this is something that has changed in recent years due to marketing of strips.

In the good old days a team only changed their strip if there was a clash of colours. Now, including the pars, the ‘second’ strip is considered an away strip to be worn at all away games.

There used to be a convention that any clash of shorts or socks would require changing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:32

Not colour blind but I find it odd that clubs don`t go with the most contrasting strips.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:35

Referee would have been better with a Montrose strip on!🤬
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 18:59

Montrose in all blue home kit would have been fine. Strange to have teams with two light tops.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:10

"If anyone within the club reads this please give consideration to those less fortunate and request the clubs wear dark/light colours"

the club cannot dictate what the away side wears, that is down to the league and if there is a problem then i think it is up to the appointed referee who decides.

"Now, including the pars, the ‘second’ strip is considered an away strip to be worn at all away games."

its the opposite, the clubs must wear their "first" colours unless there is a clash.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:32

Sorry about the colour blindness chaps and not wishing to incur the wrath of the ladies but pink shirts I reckon would look better on those of the Lioness gender and not big hairy legged caber tossers from Montrose.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:37

I think we`ve maybe mover past the `pink is for girls` viewpoint.

I both liked their strip and found it difficult to tell the sides apart sometimes. Thankfully the shorts helped out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 21:19

Oh gee, call me a colour bigot but even so I couldn`t see myself driving a pink 4×4.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net