DAFC.net
Home 28 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 McPake Interview
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:20

Half the interview was him talking about the lack of signings. I could be wrong but it sounds to me like he`s quite frustrated with the board about the lack of transfer activity. The damning statement was that we are "one or two injuries away from a proper crisis". Hopefully we get more in the door this week. It`s clear we badly need another 4-5 bodies in.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:32

I didn`t think he was blaming the board, he was just frustrated that we couldn`t get deals over the line. He said Wighton is playing with two dodgy knees and it`s difficult to put on a proper training session because of a lack of bodies and he doesn`t want to overwork the young boys who are training full-time. Paul Allan could be out for 4 to 12 weeks. JMcP hadn`t met the young lad who was on the bench until this morning!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:33

i dont think it is online yet or if it will be but he had the same comments in Press on Thursday.

there are a lot of questions that need to be asked over the recruitment side, probably too many but i doubt you will get many answers.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:46

Sounds very frustrated. Walking the tightrope obviously on the injury front.
Having a 16 year old play a full game on a Friday and then provide the only proper defensive cover a day later was a worrying sign last week. He wasn`t needed but it wouldn`t have done him much good physically.
His interviews seem really honest ones.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:50

Any news on Paul Allen’s injury that I assume happened at training yesterday ???

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 19:54

He said Allan could be out for anywhere between 4 and 12 weeks. I presume it`s not been fully assessed yet.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 20:06

Balls in the new CEO court to get the job done and support the manager. Couple of suspensions and injuries and we will be forced to play 16 year olds. We definitely need 3-4 in and soon.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 20:09

Let`s shake that magic money tree!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 20:15

wee eck wrote:

> Let`s shake that magic money tree!
>
>
Or use some of the season ticket money that supporters have backed the board with instead.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 20:19

Frustrating for manager and fans at the lack of signings, get in 3 or 4 players with decent quality and we could bounce back to the championship.
IMO McPake made changes today that won the game, sub created and sub scored.
BOD need to back him.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 20:36

I`m not believing for a minute that we are as skint as some on here make out. I`m sure Cook said we`d be able have one of the biggest budgets this season. Hopefully we see some activity this week.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 20:38

Maybe the season ticket money is already spoken for. When fans say the board should back the manager do they mean put their hands in their pockets?

It`s been debated endlessly on here how difficult it must be to attract decent full-time players to League 1. Maybe we`ll just have to wait until near the end of the window and see what is available.



Post Edited (Sat 13 Aug 20:42)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 20:49

Think you could be right there. That was one of the reasons Kevin Thomson left Kelty. I was saying today that we`ve possible offered contracts to a number of players but they are holding off til near the deadline to see if they can get a better offer. It is extremely frustrating though.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 21:20

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Aug 20:09

Let`s shake that magic money tree!


There has to be some money left . We were asked to buy our season tickets as early as possible , so as to give the manager a chance to get some signings in . We did buy them , in fairly large numbers .
I wouldn`t have thought we`d emptied the pot on what we`ve bought in
I can understand if players aren`t available but let`s stop saying there`s no cash .
I`m starting to wonder if this is another gamble by the board . Not spending , and hoping that what we have can get us out of league 1 .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 21:35

There is obviously money left because McPake says they are working very hard to bring players in but maybe it`s being stretched by what quality players are looking for.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 21:43

Quote:

Parsweep, Sat 13 Aug 21:20

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Aug 20:09

Let`s shake that magic money tree!


There has to be some money left . We were asked to buy our season tickets as early as possible , so as to give the manager a chance to get some signings in . We did buy them , in fairly large numbers .
I wouldn`t have thought we`d emptied the pot on what we`ve bought in
I can understand if players aren`t available but let`s stop saying there`s no cash .
I`m starting to wonder if this is another gamble by the board . Not spending , and hoping that what we have can get us out of league 1 .


No chance we will get out of this league if we don’t add to the squad. Injuries, suspensions and loss of form are inevitable




It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 21:48

Lifeline as well. Around £16000 a month?? Maybe the players are just not out there that we need.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 22:03

Trying to persuade full time professionals to play in the 3rd tier was always going to be difficult - in most cases they will be looking to play for a Championship side.

In a competitive market there are probably only two ways of attracting players of the quality the manager wants.

One way is to offer them at least as much money as they would get at Championship level - maybe that hasn`t been done so far (I have no inside knowledge on that!)

The other is to persuade them that DAFC will be promoted this season, so it would be in their best interests to join the party now. Three wins and being top of the league helps, and if we can win the next two matches (Kelty and Airdrie) just before the window closes this could be a powerful line.

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 22:29

Even though we have a wafer thin squad I bet our current wage bill is still in the top 3 and that could be the main problem here.

We probably needed a couple that were free to leave to do so but it just hasn’t happened and it’s hamstrung us.

We don’t appear to even be linked with anyone, mochrie and crawford aside…

Results are papering over the cracks but that won’t last

Things will be looking up……..now yogi is gone!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 22:57

Don`t often agree with Berkey, but we`ll not get away with this all season.

We look solid defensively and are unlikely to take too many hammerings but we`re in serious bother if we lose the first goal in a game.

Let`s just hope we can bring in some players before the end of the window. I reckon we need 3 at a minimum - with reinforcements in January.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 23:03

The two centre halfs are really good for this league but having 0 cover for them is a pretty shocking state of affairs.

It sounds like from the interview he isn`t being backed with what he was promised when he took the job.

It`s getting close to the time for Meggle and Cook to step up, if we don`t have the money for players then at least say so.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 23:05

That`s the problem signing wise.We are in a league, that is not attractive to players,we would want to sign.Un less,financially we could attract them,wage wise.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 23:53

He is cleary not been backed and todays interview confirms that. The basis of a title winning team is there. Now is the time to reinforce that with signings.
Maybe time for the new CEO to give the fans another update.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Aug 00:16)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 13 Aug 23:57

That definitely sounded like a dig at the board.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 03:06

Some folk talking nonsense here. It wasn't clearly a dig at the board at all. He made it clear several times they are "Working on it". He also stated relegation has caused the problem.
That seems clear to me that the kind of players he needs and wants don't want to play in a lower league.
They are working on targets who still have time to wait for better offers. Meanwhile we won't waste our resources on players that aren't good enough. It is frustrating waiting for decisions.

This kind of talk helps nobody and can only cause trouble at the club.

Patience and caution are required. We do need to strengthen but we are winning. No need to panic.

Quote...."We are working on it."



Post Edited (Sun 14 Aug 03:10)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 05:42

DAFC needs to run as a viable business. I’m not sure that the Germans ever suggested they were going to pump money into the club. Was it not all about managing the business ? So, the clubs income ? 2,500 season tickets at an average of £250 ? £625,000 ? Doesn’t pay for too many £70,000pa(?) salaries that some of the “better“ players might be looking for………hence we have to be looking at younger players with lower salaries………

How much more money comes into club ? Pay at the gate fans ? Cup games ? Shirt sponsorship ? Pitchside adverts ? Shirt sales ? Half time pie sales ? Is that sufficient to pay for back room salaries ? Stewards ? Stadium upkeep ? Taxes ?



Post Edited (Sun 14 Aug 08:12)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 06:33

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sat 13 Aug 23:57

That definitely sounded like a dig at the board.


I don`t understand how you - and others - can come to that conclusion with any certainty, N10Y. I think it`s far more likely that the quality of player McPake would like to bring in, is being advised by his agent to hold off signing as he might be able to negotiate a better offer from another club, preferably at a higher level.

The only certain way to attract quality players to League 1 would be to offer really silly money - something only Therangers were able to do when they began life in League 2. Remember Kevin Kyle asking for double what he thought would be a fantastic salary and almost falling out of his chair when Ally McCoist said he could have it?



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 09:33

"Some folk talking nonsense here. It wasn`t clearly a dig at the board at all. He made it clear several times they are "Working on it". He also stated relegation has caused the problem.
That seems clear to me that the kind of players he needs and wants don`t want to play in a lower league.
They are working on targets who still have time to wait for better offers. Meanwhile we won`t waste our resources on players that aren`t good enough. It is frustrating waiting for decisions.

This kind of talk helps nobody and can only cause trouble at the club.

Patience and caution are required. We do need to strengthen but we are winning. No need to panic.

Quote...."We are working on it.""

I don`t know how you can be so sure. If it was clear he would have most likely stated that the board have been excellent and it`s no fault of theirs. Also, our manager commenting that we are one or two injuries away from a proper crisis doesn`t exact tell me there is no need to panic. Hopefully we can steer clear of that. As many have said our defensive pairing is solid but it`s a massive worry if one of them gets injured.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 10:05

How do fans think the recruitment budget works? I would imagine the manager and CEO knew in the close season what the budget was. It would then be up to JMcP to identify the players he wanted and DC to negotiate with them and their representatives as to the contract terms. The board would only be involved again if, for some reason, the budget was likely to be exceeded, although we don`t know how much involvement DC has in actually setting the budget.

As has been discussed elsewhere it must be very difficult to set a budget when inflation is running at over 10% and many players at the club are already on contracts which were set one or even two years ago. It`s a bit simplistic to characterise this as a conflict between the manager and the board surely?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 11:08

Years ago a club in our position would have raided the Junior leagues and unearthed a few diamonds, unfortunately I don`t think there is the same quality available at that level.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 11:28

Quote:

RossF, Sun 14 Aug 09:33

"Some folk talking nonsense here. It wasn`t clearly a dig at the board at all. He made it clear several times they are "Working on it". He also stated relegation has caused the problem.
That seems clear to me that the kind of players he needs and wants don`t want to play in a lower league.
They are working on targets who still have time to wait for better offers. Meanwhile we won`t waste our resources on players that aren`t good enough. It is frustrating waiting for decisions.

This kind of talk helps nobody and can only cause trouble at the club.

Patience and caution are required. We do need to strengthen but we are winning. No need to panic.

Quote...."We are working on it.""

I don`t know how you can be so sure. If it was clear he would have most likely stated that the board have been excellent and it`s no fault of theirs. Also, our manager commenting that we are one or two injuries away from a proper crisis doesn`t exact tell me there is no need to panic. Hopefully we can steer clear of that. As many have said our defensive pairing is solid but it`s a massive worry if one of them gets injured.


Absolutely not. Im sorry but you are just wrong about this.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: kba  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 12:12

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 14 Aug 11:08

Years ago a club in our position would have raided the Junior leagues and unearthed a few diamonds, unfortunately I don`t think there is the same quality available at that level.


Livi have just signed a lad from the Swift`s
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 12:51

Surely we have our own rough diamonds?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:15

Every chance the Robbie Crawford situation is the source of his frustration.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:19

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sun 14 Aug 13:15

Every chance the Robbie Crawford situation is the source of his frustration.


Yes and most likely one or two others too.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:22

Just watched the interview and it didn`t seem to me that he was having a pop at the board.
He sounded frustrated at how long it`s taking to get the ones he wants but that`s all.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:24

Great interview on you tube. Like his honesty and straight talking. He has obviously developed a quick affinity to the club and deserves the full support of the board in his attempt to improve the squad.
Such a change from previous managers who have set this club on it`s heels.

C`mon
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 13:52

Yes, his interview which is part of the highlights package makes clear he`s frustrated how slowly the recruitment process is moving but he acknowledges that everyone at the club is working hard to change that. I try not to get too carried away by what managers say but he does seem to strike the right balance between confidence and humility and sees the job as a great opportunity to change the club`s fortunes.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 14:09

"Absolutely not. Im sorry but you are just wrong about this."

I never said that he was definitely blaming the board, just it wasn`t clear and it could be the case. Unless you know James McPake personally, you can`t say that. No know knows what he meant except James himself and perhaps others working closely with him. The fact is, I don`t know and you most likely don`t know either.

I do agree that he comes across well in interviews though and doesn`t ever get overly carried away. He seems like a manager that would get a lot of respect from the players.



Post Edited (Sun 14 Aug 14:11)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 16:09

Quote:

kba, Sun 14 Aug 12:12

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 14 Aug 11:08

Years ago a club in our position would have raided the Junior leagues and unearthed a few diamonds, unfortunately I don`t think there is the same quality available at that level.


Livi have just signed a lad from the Swift`s


That will be the young lad who was on trial with us who we never signed. We never signed him as we didn’t have the money to sign him. That was a statement made by his father. Looked a good player to me, another we lost out on
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 16:13

Quote:

RossF, Sun 14 Aug 14:09

"Absolutely not. Im sorry but you are just wrong about this."

I never said that he was definitely blaming the board, just it wasn`t clear and it could be the case. Unless you know James McPake personally, you can`t say that. No know knows what he meant except James himself and perhaps others working closely with him. The fact is, I don`t know and you most likely don`t know either.

I do agree that he comes across well in interviews though and doesn`t ever get overly carried away. He seems like a manager that would get a lot of respect from the players.



Sorry again Ross, but you are just wrong.
We do know his mind from what he says, how he says it and what we know about the workings of agents and aspirations of players.
Simply using basic English interpretation it isnt difficult to arrive at the most likely conclusion.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 16:22

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 14 Aug 16:13

Quote:

RossF, Sun 14 Aug 14:09

"Absolutely not. Im sorry but you are just wrong about this."

I never said that he was definitely blaming the board, just it wasn`t clear and it could be the case. Unless you know James McPake personally, you can`t say that. No know knows what he meant except James himself and perhaps others working closely with him. The fact is, I don`t know and you most likely don`t know either.

I do agree that he comes across well in interviews though and doesn`t ever get overly carried away. He seems like a manager that would get a lot of respect from the players.


Simply using basic English interpretation it isnt difficult to arrive at the most likely conclusion.


`most likely conclusion`

But not a definite conclusion??

Everybody can take basic English interpretations in different ways, that`s called basic opinions......
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 16:47

We`ll agree to disagree. I`d argue you`re wrong to totally rule out it is frustration towards the board and you don`t know for sure. When he states (in basic English) that we are one or two injuries away from a crisis, it could well be interpreted as sign of frustration towards the board that he isn`t getting the financial backing he was promised. He sounded very frustrated in his interview, especially after a win against one of the leagues stronger teams. It might not though, you don`t know. I don`t know. I`d imagine very few on here will know for sure unless they`re in the know.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 16:58

Quote:

Steve mcgregor, Sun 14 Aug 16:09

Quote:

kba, Sun 14 Aug 12:12

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 14 Aug 11:08

Years ago a club in our position would have raided the Junior leagues and unearthed a few diamonds, unfortunately I don`t think there is the same quality available at that level.


Livi have just signed a lad from the Swift`s


That will be the young lad who was on trial with us who we never signed. We never signed him as we didn’t have the money to sign him. That was a statement made by his father. Looked a good player to me, another we lost out on


Strange that we had him on trial but had no money to sign him?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 17:02

The main thing that came across for me was genuine delight that we had won three games in a row and the togetherness of the squad. He also apologised for getting carried away with his celebration at the end. No need to apologise James. You can do that as much as you like if we keep on winning. It is concerning if Craig Wighton is playing with dodgy knees because we aren`t getting the best from him if that`s the case. It will make me more generous in my assessment of his game but that being the case, maybe Mochrie should have started. Without getting carried away, considering how we finished last season, the first three games could hardly have gone any better.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 17:22

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 14 Aug 16:58

Quote:

Steve mcgregor, Sun 14 Aug 16:09

Quote:

kba, Sun 14 Aug 12:12

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 14 Aug 11:08

Years ago a club in our position would have raided the Junior leagues and unearthed a few diamonds, unfortunately I don`t think there is the same quality available at that level.


Livi have just signed a lad from the Swift`s


That will be the young lad who was on trial with us who we never signed. We never signed him as we didn’t have the money to sign him. That was a statement made by his father. Looked a good player to me, another we lost out on


Strange that we had him on trial but had no money to sign him?


I’m guessing they asked for more than pars were willing to pay
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 17:29

Some of JMcP`s comments in his `highlights` interview suggested he is quite aware of fans` views and he pointed out that they don`t always know the circumstances affecting performance eg references to Wighton`s knees and playing certain types of crossfield passes.

This forum has always been rife with theories about what`s going on at the club, usually based on very little hard evidence, and all this stuff about friction between the manager and the board is just another example in my opinion. If there`s no hard evidence, why speculate?

On the subject of not signing the young lad due to lack of funds, how much does a club have to pay to persuade a young player to sign? We`ve signed a few recently.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 17:30

Quote:

RossF, Sun 14 Aug 16:47

We`ll agree to disagree. I`d argue you`re wrong to totally rule out it is frustration towards the board and you don`t know for sure. When he states (in basic English) that we are one or two injuries away from a crisis, it could well be interpreted as sign of frustration towards the board that he isn`t getting the financial backing he was promised. He sounded very frustrated in his interview, especially after a win against one of the leagues stronger teams. It might not though, you don`t know. I don`t know. I`d imagine very few on here will know for sure unless they`re in the know.


Ill put it this way then Ross. Do you honestly think a new manager would take public swipes at his board. Or do you think, specifically as he Stated that the board are equally frustrated, and, "WE" areworking on it means that I have the interpretation correct on this occasion.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 17:32

Quote:

AlterPar, Sun 14 Aug 17:22

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 14 Aug 16:58

Quote:

Steve mcgregor, Sun 14 Aug 16:09

Quote:

kba, Sun 14 Aug 12:12

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 14 Aug 11:08

Years ago a club in our position would have raided the Junior leagues and unearthed a few diamonds, unfortunately I don`t think there is the same quality available at that level.


Livi have just signed a lad from the Swift`s


That will be the young lad who was on trial with us who we never signed. We never signed him as we didn’t have the money to sign him. That was a statement made by his father. Looked a good player to me, another we lost out on


Strange that we had him on trial but had no money to sign him?


I’m guessing they asked for more than pars were willing to pay


Or maybe he just prefered the premier league to div1



Post Edited (Sun 14 Aug 17:33)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 18:13

Quote:

AlterPar, Sun 14 Aug 17:22

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 14 Aug 16:58

Quote:

Steve mcgregor, Sun 14 Aug 16:09

Quote:

kba, Sun 14 Aug 12:12

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 14 Aug 11:08

Years ago a club in our position would have raided the Junior leagues and unearthed a few diamonds, unfortunately I don`t think there is the same quality available at that level.


Livi have just signed a lad from the Swift`s


That will be the young lad who was on trial with us who we never signed. We never signed him as we didn’t have the money to sign him. That was a statement made by his father. Looked a good player to me, another we lost out on


Strange that we had him on trial but had no money to sign him?


I’m guessing they asked for more than pars were willing to pay


Not really the same as "having no money" tho, is it?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 18:30

We don`t know how McPake feels but if he perhaps wasn`t getting what he was promised I`d imagine he would be sharing his disappointment or hinting to the board that more needs to happen. He won`t be the first or last manager to publicly hint that he needs more funds. Hopefully we can get some targets in soon.

wee eck, I did sympathise with Wighton after the game when McPake said that. I was critical of his performance when speaking to others at the ground but it`s sad to hear he`s playing with two bad knees due to the lack of squad depth.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 18:42

If the pars have no money how on earth can Falkirk sign a dozen players when they stated they were almost potless

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 18:49

Think the manager waiting on the Wright ones than just sign anyone

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 19:19

Is that Orville and Wilbur Wright - a right couple of flyers?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 19:22

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 14 Aug 18:42

If the pars have no money how on earth can Falkirk sign a dozen players when they stated they were almost potless


You want us to sign a bunch of hopeless diddies yet again?

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 20:32

Quote:

EastEndTales, Sun 14 Aug 19:22

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 14 Aug 18:42

If the pars have no money how on earth can Falkirk sign a dozen players when they stated they were almost potless


You want us to sign a bunch of hopeless diddies yet again?


Not really sure that’s what he means and I think you know that as well

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 20:40

Quote:

parsfan97, Sun 14 Aug 18:42

If the pars have no money how on earth can Falkirk sign a dozen players when they stated they were almost potless


Two different clubs with two different sets of owners with possibly 2 different agendas.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 14 Aug 22:01

We have got to be sensible here.Signing,for the sake of signing,is pointless. As shown in the past,we have had more than our share of failures. I would rather us ,bide our time and get guys, that actually want to play for us.Remember,we are in a league, which is not attractive to a lot of players.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 09:39

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 14 Aug 16:58

Quote:

Steve mcgregor, Sun 14 Aug 16:09

Quote:

kba, Sun 14 Aug 12:12

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 14 Aug 11:08

Years ago a club in our position would have raided the Junior leagues and unearthed a few diamonds, unfortunately I don`t think there is the same quality available at that level.


Livi have just signed a lad from the Swift`s


That will be the young lad who was on trial with us who we never signed. We never signed him as we didn’t have the money to sign him. That was a statement made by his father. Looked a good player to me, another we lost out on


Strange that we had him on trial but had no money to sign him?


The no money to sign him is rubbish. I know a few guys at Swift`s and the no money to sign was definitely not the reason. If he believed he could get more elsewhere (livi 2 divisions above ) then that would be more plausible but let`s not let facts get in the way of a shot against the club. As far as I was told we never offered the guy a deal.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 10:03

I was simply questioning the notion, apparently put out there by the guys` dad, that we "didn`t have the money to sign him". That`s all.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: Digs  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 10:48

Deleted as was posted above.



Post Edited (Mon 15 Aug 10:49)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 18:18

Not good news regarding Wighton and it must clearly affect his performances, reminds me on last season when Dom Thomas was playing with pain killer injections for a long time before given the surgery.

Anyone else notice FC Edinburgh no.11 John Robertson 20yo , scored a few goals already and was a real threat to Alloa at the weekend and could easily had a hatrick, plays like his namesake. hope the pars are monitoring him , maybe a pre-contract for next season.

‘Get up, get out the house, why are you sitting in with your head in your hands? Get up and face people.’
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 18:22

Robertson played against us last week (no 11) but can`t say I remember him doing much.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: McPake Interview
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 18:47

edinburgh did defend quite a lot but he did have the one chance through on goal just after our first goal, he is a left footer as well. predict he will do well this season. watch his goal against bo`ness or the alloa highlights



Post Edited (Mon 15 Aug 21:13)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net