DAFC.net
Home 08 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chelsea v Spurs
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 07:18

A nightmare performance from referee Anthony Taylor and the VAR, deprived Chelsea of a deserved win in yesterday`s London derby.

Spurs first equaliser came after Taylor failed to award Chelsea a free kick for a clear foul by Bentancur on Havertz. VAR said too long had elapsed (44 seconds) between the foul and the goal, to reverse the decision. What nonsense! Is there a time limit in the Laws of the Game? The goal was further clouded by Richarlson standing in an offside position, at least partially obstructing Mendy`s view in the Chelsea goal.

Even worse was to follow. In the build up to Spurs second equaliser, Cucurella clearly had his hair violently pulled, yet neither Taylor nor VAR saw fit to issue a red card.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chelsea v Spurs
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 07:31

Was a little bit weird to hear Souness talking about real men having their game back, but to also complain about one man pulling another`s hair and then two men having an argument because they wouldnt look at each other when shaking hands.

Funny old game....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 08:50

I thought the first one was a good tackle to be honest. Although he`s tackling from behind he got his foot round the player and played the ball before making contact with the player. Taylor in real time points to the ball as he`s played it. Havertz goes mad as he obviously thinks he`s been taken out and loads of those tackles from behind are given as fouls but I think it`s legit.

The hair pull one is poor though. Taylor is looking at the ball coming in from the corner and doesn`t see the hair pull which isn`t great but can happen. How VAR doesn`t refer it for review is bizarre though, its meant to be there for those exact instances when a ref hasn`t seen something.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 09:20

Lpf - Bentancur on Havertz looks a clear foul to me and Jenas also thinks so and he`s a diehard Spurs fan.

Ipswich - it was only Conte who didn`t look Tuchel in the eye - that`s why the German was riled and didn`t loosen his grip. My fellow Italian is exhibiting some Mourinho-esque traits. ☹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 09:35

One TV angle I saw on sky showed Bentancur getting the slightest touch on the ball. In an era of whistle-happy refereeing, it was good to see the ref play on. The hair pull should have been punished. Richarlison was indeed somewhere between ball and keeper but not convinced the keepers view of the ball was obstructed - he didn’t complain. So I’m of the opinion that there was nowt wrong with Spurs opening goal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 09:46

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 15 Aug 09:20

Lpf - Bentancur on Havertz looks a clear foul to me and Jenas also thinks so and he`s a diehard Spurs fan.

Ipswich - it was only Conte who didn`t look Tuchel in the eye - that`s why the German was riled and didn`t loosen his grip. My fellow Italian is exhibiting some Mourinho-esque traits. ☹

Commentators have different opinions though. Souness was adamant it wasn`t!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 09:56

Quote:

1985Par, Mon 15 Aug 09:35

One TV angle I saw on sky showed Bentancur getting the slightest touch on the ball. In an era of whistle-happy refereeing, it was good to see the ref play on. The hair pull should have been punished. Richarlison was indeed somewhere between ball and keeper but not convinced the keepers view of the ball was obstructed - he didn’t complain. So I’m of the opinion that there was nowt wrong with Spurs opening goal.

I could be wrong, but I think the new rules say that if you bring the man down it`s a foul, irrespective of whether you get a touch on the ball or not.

Also, the keeper's view was not obstructed when the shot was hit, but it did travel across Richarlison's body, so his view would have been obstructed for part of the time. All in all, Chelsea can be considered rather unlucky that the goal stood.

Lpf - Give me Jenas over that dinosaur Souness any day of the week. 😉

Post Edited (Mon 15 Aug 10:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 11:39

Tuchel`s comments about the ref are to be investigated by the FA. Apparently the red cards shown to him and Conte do not result in automatic suspensions from the technical area.

This game illustrated again how VAR can reveal incidents that the officials missed but the old controversies over interpretation of the Laws remain because they are a matter of opinion. It`s going to be fun when it`s introduced up here and the OF are involved in a contentious incident.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 11:42

How does Taylor miss Cucarella being thrown the the ground right in front of him?

Just adds weight to the baldy ref theory.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 12:04

Being baldy he probably had no sympathy for a player with a good head of hair.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 12:18

I think the first one was a foul all day long. The hair pull. How does he not see that. Then it gets checked by VAR and still nothing. Jeez.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 12:33

I don`t understand why that should be a foul just because he`s coming from behind. He clearly gets round the player, plays the ball and then makes contact with the player. It`s not reckless or excessive force but he does clip him after he`s won the ball. If that was a tackle from almost any other angle it wouldn`t even be a discussion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: stevemac  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 12:34

They explained it on TV yesterday. Something to do with the ball not being in play and var can only get involved if it was a red card.....or something along those lines

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 12:43

Quote:

londonparsfan, Mon 15 Aug 12:33

I don`t understand why that should be a foul just because he`s coming from behind. He clearly gets round the player, plays the ball and then makes contact with the player. It`s not reckless or excessive force but he does clip him after he`s won the ball. If that was a tackle from almost any other angle it wouldn`t even be a discussion.

It`s not the direction he`s coming from that`s relevant, mate. He played both ball AND man. As I understand it, that`s deemed a foul, nowadays.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 13:09

Bentacur gets a touch on the ball first, fair tackle for me, Taylor had a great view and pointed to the ball. Richarlison could have been given offside, think that was a tight call, but probably not a clear and obvious error.

With the ball being out of play for the hair pull, so if Taylor had seen it, I guess it would have been a yellow for Romero and then they take the corner anyway. I don`t think you could class it as violent conduct.

It was a good game, Chelsea dominant first half, a bit more even second, but they did enough to win, not quite clinical enough. A tight game, 2 goals from corners and 2 from losing possession in dangerous areas, Jorginho fannying about in his box was a really poor error. The histrionics a little unnecessary but at least Tuchel and to a lesser extent Conte played it down afterwards.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 13:20

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 15 Aug 12:43

Quote:

It`s not the direction he`s coming from that`s relevant, mate. He played both ball AND man. As I understand it, that`s deemed a foul, nowadays.

But that would mean almost every tackle is a foul if you can`t touch the player after playing the ball??
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 13:40

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 15 Aug 12:43

Quote:

Only a foul if the tackle is deemed to be careless, reckless or using excessive force.....

Post Edited (Mon 15 Aug 13:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 14:00

^that was my understanding too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 16:48

Souness in trouble for his comments about the physical nature of the game.

He apparently said and I quote "It`s a man`s game all of a sudden again".

Post Edited (Mon 15 Aug 16:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 16:58

He was watching a man’s game/match
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roobz  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 17:55

Steviemac - another example of tv getting things wrong. They would have been correct if the ball wasn’t in play, but the hair pulling incident occurred after the corner had been taken and the ball was in mid air.

Although still pictures showed the ref looking straight at it, I can understand why he didn’t see it clearly as he is watching a lot of stuff. How VAR missed it is unbelievable and Mike Dean, as I believe it was, shouldn’t be allowed to do VAR again

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 18:16

Didn`t they say on MOTD that hair-pulling wasn`t specifically mentioned in the Laws as a sending-off offence so they couldn`t adjudicate on it via VAR? I couldn`t understand it and may have picked them up wrongly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 18:56

So a "scud in the unmentionables" gets past VAR as well?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 18:57

Maybe the corner had not been taken when the incident occurred??
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 19:08

Ridiculous barnet anyway.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 21:12

His comment was nothing about the woman’s game…

he was referring, albeit in an odd way, to the fact that it wasn’t full of rolling about, feigning injuries etc and people were actually tackling like the old days
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 22:47

Quote:

DBP, Mon 15 Aug 21:12

His comment was nothing about the woman’s game…

he was referring, albeit in an odd way, to the fact that it wasn’t full of rolling about, feigning injuries etc and people were actually tackling like the old days

Correct. A man making a comment about a men’s game.

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 15 Aug 23:57

Too many people ,wanting to take offence at any comment.We all knew ,what the man meant.Snow flakes.

Post Edited (Mon 15 Aug 23:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Aug 12:19

Mike Dean has now admitted he should have referred the hair-pulling incident to Anthony Taylor. I thought Mike Dean had retired - or was that only from onfield refereeing?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Aug 13:27

Only from onfield. He can still find a way to mess stuff up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 19 Aug 19:28

Mike Dean. Always has been a to55er

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net