DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Away Match Experience. Kelty Hearts
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 09:38

First visit of the season to local rivals up in Kelty.

Tickets bought, Social club booked and transport organized. (other posts have been done on these topics) Lets hope the weather stays dry and we get a result.
Remember, this is not about the football match itself, but what is on offer to visiting supporters.

Let`s see how your day went after the game?

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Away Match Experience. Kelty Hearts
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 09:42

Think it`s supposed to be quite sunny later on so that will improve the match day experience
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 09:44

Hopefully my view won`t be blocked by the rows of police surrounding the pitch!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 10:16

Hoping its better than the Edinburgh experience.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 10:17

Hoping its better than the Edinburgh experience.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 11:07

You can say that again.

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 13:45

Looking like no Pars tv coverage today, maybe some of the lucky few with tickets can share their day?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 14:07

Good amount of fans gathered in the kelty club

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 17:55

Dreadful behaviour from pars fans today throwing things at the Kelty keeper, we are not like the fans of the Glasgow giants and therefore we should not act like they do, it was a bit embarrassing to say the least

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 18:01

Can`t believe the pen behind the goal is compliant. Hundreds of people trying to squeeze through the two end exits. Not a great view. £18 is too much for what is on offer.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 18:24

Aye there should probably be some crush barriers in that section and nobody was paying attention to the stairs (which were just the same steps painted yellow) but it used to just be yhe path at the back and then a grassy bank down to the path at pitch level so at least that`s an improvement. Covered terrace was OK although you can`t see down the near touchline and there aren`t enough access points there either, just the ones at each end. Food offered was good, was no bother getting in and you could hear the tannoy so not much to complain about on that score.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 18:43

Ladies toilets at away end closed. Told to go to Social Club. Get pellets from the lady in the Social Club for being there during the match. Ladies not welcome?

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 18:47

Decent pie and bovril, better ground than Edinburgh City but like Edinburgh City too many Pars fans that can’t take their drink.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 19:00

Smart wee stadium considering they were playing Junior club football not so many years ago, oh aye & they even had their own drum!

My main spoilers for the day were:
1) I could not get a seat (I have a dodgy hip) I guess that’s what we have earned by getting ourselves into league one
2) The shocking behaviour of some of our own fans behind the far goals who for a period towards the end of the game we’re launching stuff at the KH goalie (& I don’t mean insults!)

Once again, on & off the pitch we were our own worse enemy & have let ourselves down.
I assume DAFC will end up with a fine for some fans throwing stuff onto the pitch/at the goalie…….a fine the club can ill afford

Post Edited (Sat 20 Aug 19:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 19:03

Absolutely embarrassing by some of our own “fans”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 19:04

Good to see improvements every time I go there and a club trying to improve things.

The Pars end was packed and there seemed to be loads of fans walking from the Kelty to Pars end before the match, presumably Pars fans who had tickets for the Kelty end, which didn`t help with the packed away end, they did eventually put stewards to stop this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 19:12

Not sure a club can be fined for supporters behaviour at away games.

Stewards are supposed to prevent bottles from being brought into the stadium, that’s why there are bag searches.

Not excusing the morons that did this but DAFC need to take action and ban the offenders from EEP if they can be identified.

Some of our fans are an utter disgrace and are an embarrassment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 19:46

Disgraceful behaviour? What do you expect? Last week there was a thread on this Forum posted by dafc123 which I, for one, thought should have been immediately removed; and yet “discussion” continued for four days. We’ve all been applauding - myself included - the North West Section for long and a day which is fair enough but the behaviour of some of them - jumping over the barrier, hassling the security personnel and the like - is not acceptable, yet they’ve escaped criticism. Yes, the younger supporters are the life blood of the club but if they can’t self-police then something has to be done to make sure that they don’t become an embarrassment and a liability.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 19:54

I thought the stadium was very neat and tidy. I agree that the view was rather restricted in parts and while I never felt squished up on the small terrace, there is a definite lack of barriers.
Gents loo was as clean as can be expected and easy to reach. Stewards were friendly and helpful too.
Others have spoken of their shame and revulsion at the behaviour of some knuckle draggers in our support today. I was pleased at the anger this behaviour evoked in everyone around me - let’s hope that the morons responsible for launching things at the goalkeeper can be identified and referred to both the club and the police. These guys don’t speak for me or for the vast majority of Pars fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 20:17

My understanding is that Kelty were selling water bottles within the ground, which is highly unusual.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 20:24

I noticed a guy next to me with a bottle of water too - he brought it back from the food stall.
This is very unusual, but it does absolutely nothing at all to exonerate the idiots throwing bottles onto the pitch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 20:40

I think its a no win re the water .. not allowed to carry it into the ground as it could contain anything .. Also during the last few weeks extreme temps and people passing out at venues Kelty would have been criticised if they did not make water available .. Shame some of our half wit so called supporters made an erse of the Club today

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 20:59

Think it`s good that Kelty were selling water in bottles.

I complain allot about football fans being treated like children, compared to how customers at other events are treated. We often can`t stand, we absolutely aren`t trusted with alcohol. And here some fans were trusted with a bottle and couldn`t contain themselves? It`s ridiculous.

Would fully back the club putting a statement out condoning this ridiculous behaviour. In the first half someone threw a pie into the six yard box near Mehmets goal, why? What goes through people`s minds when they think it`s acceptable to throw things onto the playing field?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 22:17

It was much better than Meadowbank, but still felt like a ground that wasn`t really suitable to hold that size of crowd. Toilet provision looked poor with big queues right through half-time, but the biggest issue was at the exit. With most people heading towards the gate in the corner, the fairly narrow opening just isn`t enough. I think all of the established league clubs have proper wide gates for getting out of the ground, and for good reason.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 22:38

In terms of bottles, in England bottles are sold normally, but they solve the issue of them been thrown whilst still holding a bit of weight is to sell them and remove the cap.

I felt the ground was reasonable for this level with 2 key points, firstly agreeing with the exits, they need at least one, probably 2 more put in, I’d worry about what would happen in an emergency situation, particularly when i didn’t see exit gates at the front of the terrace either and the other being the tannoy, which is also an issue at east end, it wasn’t exactly loud and even what you could hear you would struggle to understand a single word.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 20 Aug 23:59

The tannoy is loud enough if you are in the East stand or that corner of the north! However it doesn’t look like they hook up the south!
They definitely need to add a extra exit from the stands, pars fans must have the weakest bladder or eat the most pies, a almost permanent stream of folk, some passed 4 times!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 07:32

My old man would have been pleased, they played his song at the end (……not the original “Kelty Clippie” but a cover).

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 08:38

Quote:

Angus_W, Sun 21 Aug 07:32

My old man would have been pleased, they played his song at the end (……not the original “Kelty Clippie” but a cover).

Was your dad Jim Watt, the writer of the song, Angus?

I see Kelty Clippie, The Musical is on at the Edinburgh Fringe

https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/kelty-clippie-the-musical
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 08:53

Yes John Watt writer of The Kelty Clippie & die-hard Pars fan!

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 21:10

I think the Kelty clippie won the day.
How was the walk to the ground from the club, any program sellers on way?
Turnstiles, toilets and seating appear to be high on the list after tickets
Maybe Both FCE and Kelty will take on board, not only for our next visit, but other clubs with a big travelling support in this league.

Atmosphere during a game can make or kill a match, sad to hear about missiles being thrown.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 06:56

The only trouble that I saw between fans was a disabled Kelty fan in her very large mobility scooter was arguing with a Dunfermline fans carer. She was asked to move it slightly so that his lad in a wheelchair could see the pitch. It took until club stewards got involved before she moved. Perhaps Kelty needs to provide more wheelchair spaces.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 07:45

There were programmes on sale outside the home gate, not e about the away end. Think they were £2.50 or £3 but I didn`t get one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cu-Par  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 09:15

Programmes were on sale at the away end price £2.50
I bought one

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 09:34

The biggest hassle for me was finding a parking space near the ground. I now have a fair knowledge of the geography of Kelty though.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net