DAFC.net
Home 08 February 2023 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights?
Topic Originator: Lassodie  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 11:53

Could there be any highlights following a 0-0 draw?

A newly promoted team against their well established neighbours on a wee run of form so that result is shocking.

At least the manager had the decency to admit we were lucky to get a point.

I still say we should be skooshing this league(cue howls) and we should be rolling over Kelty.

However pumping Airdrie will open up a nice wee gap but we’re not overly clever at home either?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights?
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 12:21

He said both teams deserved a point. He didn’t say we were lucky at all

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 12:24

Not over clever at home? You mean the 2 home league games and 2 home wins?

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 12:33

Your posts are getting a wee bit predictable and tiresome, Lassodie. If you`re not careful folk will think you`re a troll.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 12:43

If someone said to you before the season started that we`d have 10pts from the first 4 games would you not be happy 🤔

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 12:47

We created a lot of chances but lacked a cutting edge. Next week will be a test & we will need to up our game.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 13:01

Plenty chances. Strikers need to be more clinical

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 13:43

A fluke goal against Alloa and a less than inspiring win against mighty Montrose.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 13:46

And you my friend appear to be the self-appointed Pars post polis.

I am a longtime and realistic Pars fan and I am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.

We all want the same thing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 13:49

Indeed I would have been and I am but that was a poor result yesterday, we scored a fluke against Alloa, pumped Edinburgh and sneaked past Montrose.

Better to play poorly and still get results however and a win versus Airdrie will give us a cheeky wee lead going forward.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 14:12

Nobody`s questioning your right to an opinion but nobody has to agree with it. Unless we`re pumping everybody by three or four goals every week it seems you`ll be on here drooling about the way it used to be. I`ve probably been a Pars` fan as long as you have and know things have been a lot worse than they are just now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 14:53

Quote:

Lassodie, Sun 21 Aug 13:43

A fluke goal against Alloa and a less than inspiring win against mighty Montrose.

Wins a win though mate the league could go right to the very last game where the ball could take a deflection off todderovs left baw and go in the net to win us the league and I doubt many on here will complain we’ll mibby you will but I doubt anyone else will

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 14:56

At this point in their histories, Kelty Hearts and Dunfermline Athletic both deserve to be in League One - their history is irrelevant.

It`s much harder to correctly forecast results between teams in a ten-team league than many fans think - anyone who thinks they would be any good at it should try the Squeal a Deal Prediction League!

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5: text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 15:01

We should be winning with style.
We are in this third division because we’ve played and been managed poorly for several years now.
We have a great stadium and a good and loyal fan base.Just imagine what would happen if we entertained the fans instead of scraping along.
Foreign investment(goodness only knows why), new training facilities, stadium sponsorship but the weak point is the only thing that matters-the team!
All will be forgiven if we pump Airdrie though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 15:07

Couldnae pump the bottom of the league team, those same players aren`t pumping Airdrie either

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 15:32

Quote:

Gaz3822, Sun 21 Aug 15:07

Couldnae pump the bottom of the league team, those same players aren`t pumping Airdrie either

That`s the spirit.
Think negative 🤔

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 15:54

Only being realistic widtink.

We might win, we might lose but there won`t be a pumping.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 16:15

We still have the same problem as last season, the front three for Dunfermline are just not good enough. Unless we change this we ain’t winning no league.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 19:13

Really difficult to be optimistic for this season with what we’ve witnessed so far! It’s got that whiff of disappointment about it already, despite our points total and goals against tally. Defo need something to turn us into genuine promotion stick-ons, perhaps one or two more players combined with formation change and a fresh zest from the players.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 19:52

If you can`t be optimistic after 10 points from 12 and no goals conceded I wonder what it would take, especially as the manager is still trying to strengthen the squad? Last season after 4 league games we had 1 point and our goal difference was 2-11. There are few `stick-ons` in football and certainly not in the nether regions of the Scottish leagues but we`ve made a decent start.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 20:28

Quote:

Lassodie, Sun 21 Aug 15:01

We should be winning with style.
We are in this third division because we’ve played and been managed poorly for several years now.
We have a great stadium and a good and loyal fan base.Just imagine what would happen if we entertained the fans instead of scraping along.
Foreign investment(goodness only knows why), new training facilities, stadium sponsorship but the weak point is the only thing that matters-the team!
All will be forgiven if we pump Airdrie though.

Unfortunately the stadium is an inanimate object and none of the fans can play fitba for toffee.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 20:48

Last season after four games we were playing in the Championship though!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 21:03

So? We`re now in League 1 and have to try and get out of it. There`s no point in living in the past.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 21 Aug 21:18

All these shots on goal but few goals. Need to get better. The improvement is that we`re actually getting shots on goal!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 03:09

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 21 Aug 19:52

If you can`t be optimistic after 10 points from 12 and no goals conceded I wonder what it would take, especially as the manager is still trying to strengthen the squad? Last season after 4 league games we had 1 point and our goal difference was 2-11. There are few `stick-ons` in football and certainly not in the nether regions of the Scottish leagues but we`ve made a decent start.

It could easily have been half that points tally, and we couldn’t really have complained. I’m surprised lack of optimism in others is irking you though. Watching the Pars has generally been a tough ask for many years now, and i think it’s worn me and others down somewhat. But can we turn things down this year? Absolutely. Are we going to? Well, mibbees, if something changes. And it might. You seem to be a bit more sure of it than me, that’s all.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 08:05

All I was getting at was the advantage of getting a good start. Failing to win became a habit last season so maybe failing to lose can become a habit this season. We`d all like to see flowing football with lots of goals but points are the most important thing this season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 08:38

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 22 Aug 08:05

All I was getting at was the advantage of getting a good start. Failing to win became a habit last season so maybe failing to lose can become a habit this season. We`d all like to see flowing football with lots of goals but points are the most important thing this season.

Papering over the cracks comes to mind.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 09:07

Performances haven’t been great as we are playing players out of position due to poor recruitment. 9 days to go in the transfer window and we are still desperately short of players

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 10:22

`Poor recruitment`? We haven`t seen the young guys, Little and Fisher, yet but Benedictus, Hamilton and Mochrie have been excellent signings. I would have been happy with them if we were still in the Championship.

Does that not suggest the manager is more concerned with quality than quantity which is the most likely explanation as to why he has been unable to sign the players he wants? Everyone seems to be anticipating a lot of movement in the last 10 days of the transfer window.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 10:39

And how much quality is exactly going to left going into the end of the transfer window? Any free agents left will be players no one’s willing to sign. I get it’s quality over quantity but we are getting to the stage that there’s no quality left

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 10:52

I think the theory is that Premiership clubs, having finalised their own recruitment, will be in a position to release some of their players, either on loan or by cancelling their contracts.

How would you have gone about attracting quality players to League 1 at the start of the season? Chris Hamilton obviously had an affection for the club which helped and things had gone a bit sour for Benedictus at Raith and he was looking for a new challenge but for most players money talks.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 10:56

Aye cause relying on loan players is a good strategy, worked well last season. And hows it up to me how to decide recruitment strategy’s? To have only signed 5 players from the start of the window is clearly not enough and unsure how you can argue otherwise

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 11:08

If you criticise the strategy I thought you might have an alternative. I don`t like too many loanees either but it`s difficult for a club in our position to buck the market.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 11:56

Its good that we have been consistent in the start to the league. We haven`t played particularly well but we are unbeaten we have not conceded. The next few games will be a measure for us but it is still early in the season With every problem tgere is opportunity and the lack of signings is an opportunity for the younger players to gain 1st team experience.

Agree we need the right additions to the squad in certain areas and I am sure tgat will happen.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 11:57

Wonder if Connor Smith at Hearts could be attracted?

Currently warming the bench, local lad, brother of Callum.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 12:05

Connor Smith very similar to Hamilton in my opinion, very good young player though and would enhance Pars for sure.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 12:13

Quote:

dafc, Mon 22 Aug 12:05

Connor Smith very similar to Hamilton in my opinion, very good young player though and would enhance Pars for sure.

Completely different players.

In league one, as a full time side it`s inevitable that loans will play a part, I`m more than happy to have a few this season.

However I`d say we need at least two, maybe three more...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 12:16

He`s in Hearts` first team squad now and got the last 20 minutes at Parkhead yesterday. I think Hearts are still looking to recruit though so someone like him might be available. Isn`t he a forward rather than a midfielder? He came on for Mackay-Steven yesterday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 15:18

Quality over quantity is only ever a good policy if you have recruited even the basics of a team already. We still have 0 (Zero) width. God help this team if we get any injuries
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 17:12

Don`t the results so far suggest we do have the basics of a good team? Oh, and we have injuries at the moment with Dorrans and Allan out and Wighton not 100% apparently. Why do folk make stuff up just to make a point?

ETA - We also had Hamilton suspended for the first two League games but still managed to win them.

Post Edited (Mon 22 Aug 17:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 17:33

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 22 Aug 17:12

Don`t the results so far suggest we do have the basics of a good team? Oh, and we have injuries at the moment with Dorrans and Allan out and Wighton not 100% apparently. Why do folk make stuff up just to make a point?

ETA - We also had Hamilton suspended for the first two League games but still managed to win them.

I think the wins at home have papered over the cracks in my opinion.

In terms of work rate the team can`t be faulted.

Without the addition of same players with creativity I can see alot of our games being these tight 1-0 or 0-0.

God know how we will get on if we go a goal down.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 17:48

I haven`t seen anyone suggesting we don`t need to add to the squad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 22 Aug 20:48

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 22 Aug 17:48

I haven`t seen anyone suggesting we don`t need to add to the squad.

I`d be astonished if we didn`t add players in the next few days.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 00:56

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 22 Aug 17:12

We. Have. No. Width.

None, zippo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 08:04

That does not mean we don`t have the basics of a good team. Again, no one has denied we need width in the team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 11:56

Quote:

parsfan97, Mon 22 Aug 10:56

Aye cause relying on loan players is a good strategy, worked well last season. And hows it up to me how to decide recruitment strategy’s? To have only signed 5 players from the start of the window is clearly not enough and unsure how you can argue otherwise

Its been explained a hundred times.
Some players have been tapped but they will be hoping to play at a higher level. They will have to decide soon though.
Some players will also be released near the end of the window.
We are waiting and hoping for better quality than just signing anyone in panic.

Must be nerve wracking for managers. Can you imagine what would be said if he signed a couple of availabl3 at this level players a week ago and a couple of gems became available in the last feq days of the window.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 12:42

Agreed. Bet a few clubs are regretting making moves for the usual jobbers early, then players like Scott Allan/Shaun Byrne suddenly become available.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 12:56

The same Scott Allan who was available the whole summer

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 13:08

"The same Scott Allan who was available the whole summer"

Perhaps I worded it wrong. Very few of us considered him an option for the likes of Arbroath etc until he was interviewed last week.

Thanks for pointing out my huge glaring error though & making your day.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net