DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 11:25

Hi folks

For those of you who are unable to attend the above meeting please use this thread for any questions you’d like me to ask on your behalf.

If you could please possibly keep them short, and to the point, that would help me considerably, and allow me to get through as many as possible within the time given.

One question per person would also be handy.

Cheers.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 11:50

How many players does the manager feel we are short of? and what`s the news on the training ground?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 13:32

Quote:

GG4, Tue 23 Aug 11:50

How many players does the manager feel we are short of? and what`s the news on the training ground?


Why do we keep starting a guy with 2 dodgy knees when Kyle McDonald comes on in the same position each match and is much more effective?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 13:52

How do you intend to remedy our lack of creativity in midfield/attack?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: WATDATDAFC  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 14:45

Legends - Please can you consider implementing a dedicated bottle bar to help speed up the serving of drinks on matchday and in turn take the pressure off the bar staff. By bottle bar (for anyone unsure) i mean a large container / tub of bottles and 3 or 4 bottles for £10 or £12 (for example).

I personally believe this would prove very popular as it would allow people to be served rapidly and greatly ease the pressure on the bar, I know lots of people who are put off attending ledends due to the wait to be served (and the cost).

Additionally, is there any hope of draft cider being served again? £3.50 for a warm can of 440ml strongbow is not really on when theyre £9 in asda for 10.

Thanks.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 15:36

Why are so you handsome ?

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 15:38

Please for the love of god do not ask them to bring in cold cider.....thats the last thing we should be asking at this current time.

send that to Drew Main, lets ask more presing questions.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 15:54

Are ye looking in the mirror EastEndTales? 😉

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 15:59

If David Cook is there, I would have thought any suggestion to make Legends better is well worth airing. Part of his job is to increase revenue - and improving the matchday experience and/or making the bar in the ground more profitable helps that. Fair enough, don`t spend half an hour on it, but one query is fair enough.

Certainly no less valid than the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th person who decides that they need to voice their opinion that we need more width and creativity in the team...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 16:01

Quote:

buffy, Tue 23 Aug 15:54

Are ye looking in the mirror EastEndTales? 😉


😎

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 16:10

I thought I knew the boy who was behind the East End Tales podcast - but clearly I am thinking of someone different.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 16:32

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 23 Aug 16:10

I thought I knew the boy who was behind the East End Tales podcast - but clearly I am thinking of someone different.


😆 cheeky kant

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: WATDATDAFC  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 17:31

Dafc123 - since when was it up to you to decide whats worthy of asking or not, ill ask whatever I want!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 17:52

The question about a bottle bar is very relevant. Been saying this for ages to my group and they all agree. It is a nightmare getting served in there. No order in when you get served a free for all. I end up getting a bulk buy so I don’t have go back to the bar ;-)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 18:44

Will the club issue an apology to Kelty for the behaviour of a Minority for throwing items onto pitch towards the goalkeeper before it gets out of hand. Will they condemn these fans and impose bans and season ticket removal?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 18:45

The matchday experience in ALL the various lounges is important, and I know that David Cook has some ideas for improvements.

But rather than lots of people throwing in random ideas at a large meeting, perhaps a small group of users could be set up to collect ideas from the wider fanbase and present them to the club.

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 18:48

My question, as I won`t be at the meeting.

What are the plans for the EEP gym building when the training facilities at Rosyth are complete?

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 19:01

Can you ask Mcpake if he will add players to his threadbare squad before the window closes.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 19:10

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Tue 23 Aug 19:01

Can you ask Mcpake if he will add players to his threadbare squad before the window closes.


I`m sure most of us know the answer to that question BP

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 19:32

Quote:

Parfect69, Tue 23 Aug 17:52

The question about a bottle bar is very relevant. Been saying this for ages to my group and they all agree. It is a nightmare getting served in there. No order in when you get served a free for all. I end up getting a bulk buy so I don’t have go back to the bar ;-)


Works great here in the States a bucket of say four or 6 , fast service
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 19:45

I think legends should revert to a membership bar £35 a season.

Turn the bar completely into a bottle bar and sell cans of lager etc.

Install sky and bt sport.

I have experience of going to the 200 club at the rovers and that`s exactly what they do and it works well in a venue far smaller than legends.

The only issue is I think the staff at the 200 club are volunteers so that would be a problem
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: RossDAFC  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 20:50

Stanza think they said at the last meeting that the gym is hopefully going to be rented out somehow whether that be as a gym or office space.

It won`t get answered but would be nice to know how Mcpake is known to use 4-3-3 and we still haven`t seen a single winger join the club. I understand he is frustrated and the market has been slow etc etc but either this has to be number one priority over the next 8 days or Mcpake will have to change his formation as we don`t have the players to fit.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 22:05

Quote:

RossDAFC, Tue 23 Aug 20:50

Stanza think they said at the last meeting that the gym is hopefully going to be rented out somehow whether that be as a gym or office space.


Thanks, I thought that might be the case. Great if the club can get some revenue from it, but if that doesn`t work out it might have potential as a supporters` area or club shop.

_________________

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club when you shop online with one of 7000 retailers, insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
Or donate £5 - text "DADSC" to 70970
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 10:38

What is happening with the player sponsorships? Will these be available this season and if so will they be improved?

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 10:48

Will there be any ticketing initiatives over the course of the season? Such as £5 entry, kids go free, 2-4-1, free ticket for season ticket holders?

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 10:50

We have some brilliant guests in hospitality most weeks. Could they do the half-time draw so all fans get to appreciate them?

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 11:01

livipar, the player sponsorships are up and running at the moment. There’s a section on the COWS stating which ones are available just now. I’ve sponsored Chris Hamilton along with a few mates so it’s definitely on the go this season. Not much changes to the overall package though.

Pars Review: https://twitter.com/parsreview?s=21
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: parsmad123  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 11:03

Can the club confirm if quotations for the training ground works were received from multiple potential contractors or if the Purvis group were given the contract by default?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 11:19

Thanks Ben - hadn’t noticed that.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 14:00

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 23 Aug 15:59

If David Cook is there, I would have thought any suggestion to make Legends better is well worth airing. Part of his job is to increase revenue - and improving the matchday experience and/or making the bar in the ground more profitable helps that. Fair enough, don`t spend half an hour on it, but one query is fair enough.

Certainly no less valid than the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th person who decides that they need to voice their opinion that we need more width and creativity in the team...




Aye, I don`t go to legends and genuinely, one of the reasons is the lack of cider option on tap. That along with the long waits doesn`t make it a good spot for a pre, or post match pint.

Being selfish I think it`s a very fair question by whoever originally mentioned it!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 14:57

A few years have past now since the German Investment, when they took control they stated they would look to improve the scouting etc, Have the club looked over seas this season for players with the lack of movement in the transfer window? Or is BREXIT still causing problems?


2- If the transfer window closed tonight would you feel comfortable with the squad? Could the under 18 players (todd etc) play the part if needed.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 16:47

I think there`s cider on tap in legends now ,or was at the start of the season

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 17:29

Not a question for tonight`s meeting but does anyone know why at the last meeting the bar closed dead on 7, when the meeting started? It was pretty hot in there and I was gasping for a pint. There seemed to be 3 bar staff employed to do nothing. Surely it would have been possible to have a break midway through to get us hydrated, and presumably the club would have made some money out of this too
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 17:32

What are James` views on the Diddy Cup?

(That`s the SPFL Trust Trophy).

Is he going to try to win it, or use it purely to experiment?


[edit] Although we may lose money, many(?) fans would like the chance of a wee trip to Wales or Northern Ireland, since it could be a couple of years before we are back in Europe

Post Edited (Wed 24 Aug 17:35)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 18:01

I can`t make it tonight but I hope every fan in attendance comes out feeling better than when they went in.



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 18:08

“I never believe you ever rush into it (making signings). When you do rush, that’s when you give yourself a headache, you make rushed decisions and rash decisions on signing players.

“There is a process and it’s being developed at the football club and I believe it’s a good process at Dunfermline. That was a big part of me wanting to come and accepting the job, the way they do things.

“It’s a process between a lot of people and we will get it right and get the right players in that will strengthen.

quote from the manager back in June, what is this process and who are the people involved?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 19:49

Keep cider out of KDM EEP please.

Ep. 4 of East End Tales is out now with Colin Miller, talking about Tannadice from 1996

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11735127
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 20:01

Can`t see any updates from this meeting tonight

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 20:31

Updates are at the top of the home page for this forum. The meeting has just finished.

Did they say they had signed a new player - Finlay Robertson? He was at Dundee (until 2023 per Wikipedia) but was highly rated by J McP when he was there.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 20:34

Nazpar they were (are) on the link at the top of this forum. I’ve been keeping an eye on them all night and they were coming through fine.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 20:51

How long did the meeting last ? One hour ?




It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 20:56

Finished at 8.30pm Raymie.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Questions for Supporters Meeting 24/8/22
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 20:56

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 24 Aug 20:51

How long did the meeting last ? One hour ?


about 90 minutes
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net