DAFC.net
Home 01 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Shaun Byrne
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 11:38

Told by Dundee he can leave
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Shaun Byrne
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 11:46

There’s a discussion on this subject on the “non pars players…” thread mate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 11:47

No thanks.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 12:21

He couldn’t tackle a fish supper when he was here but he may have hardened up the last few years.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 12:28

100% get him here if possible. No questions asked.

...ken?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 12:30

So because he couldn`t tackle a fish supper back in the day its a no no lol..

The boy was potentially the best footballer at the club when he was let go, and he`s gone on to prove what a good player player he is.

He maybe isn`t the most physical but he`s good with the ball at his feet

His best days are possibly past him but he`d do a job in this division I`m quite sure

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 12:32

3 promotions since he left us and has recovered from a ligament injury.
Always thought he was graceful player who needed to bulk up a bit and from what I`ve seen he has. Whether he would want to drop two divisions may be an issue.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 12:58

Would be arguably the best midfielder at the club if we could get him. But the priority has to be width
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 13:02

swap with Dorrans?

Byrne would be great but does feel like an area of the park where we have enough bodies, though Allan is out.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 13:04

Looks like he’s away to Livi.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 13:07

Why in the name of Christ would Dundee take Dorrans for Byrne? Dorrans is absolutely finished as a footballer at any level. He is too slow, causes far too many mistakes, won’t put a tackle in, and has ankles made of chocolate.

Byrne is more then good enough for top 4 Championship. He’ll get a club easily above us.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 14:10

YES PLEASE. Would take him back at the Pars in a minute. Please Mr. McPake .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 15:08

Haven`t witnessed Shaun Byrne playing for ages. Would have thought however that he`s still good enough to add much needed depth to the squad without lowering the quality. Whether McPake feels he needs more cover in that area is another thing though.

Besides, he`ll probably get better offers.

Post Edited (Tue 23 Aug 15:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 15:54

"Why in the name of Christ would Dundee take Dorrans for Byrne? Dorrans is absolutely finished as a footballer at any level"

He was comfortably our best player in both games against Queens Park. I doubt he`ll be re-signing for Dundee though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 19:56

He was comfortably our best player in both games against Queens Park. I doubt he`ll be re-signing for Dundee though

Aye, how many games has he played this season ?
Gimme strength, who knows how long he`s out for, and at the end of the day who cares. For my money he`ll pick up a free wage for as long as he`ll get away with it and then move onto wherever.
He doesn`t give a flying feck about Dunfermline ffs...but hey, this is my own opinion, you either believe that or u don`t

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 20:08

Why do people feel the need to say "this is just my opinion"?

Who else`s would it be?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 20:35

"Aye, how many games has he played this season ?"

That`s an easy one - he`s not played any games. Regarding his fondness for the Pars, I`ll defer to you. I don`t really know Graeme Dorrans, so can`t comment on his love, or otherwise, for any specific club.

All I was really responding to was the contention that "Dorrans is absolutely finished as a footballer at any level". Given the last time he played, against a team at the level we`re currently at, he was the best player on the park - twice in the space of 5 days. Seeing that was just over 3 months ago, I`m not yet convinced that he is utterly finished as a footballer at any level.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 20:37

Christ knows how Dorrans is getting stick for being injured. Some folk just seem to know everything. Maybe you could start your assassination after asking the young guys in the team if they find his advice any use.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 21:04

Because da no 1 and you`re one of the guys that do this btw...if we don`t say that then you usually question how we know certain stuff or who`s told us ? U` know, the usual dotnet claptrap 👍

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 21:25

Quote:

Gaz3822, Tue 23 Aug 21:04

Because da no 1 and you`re one of the guys that do this btw...if we don`t say that then you usually question how we know certain stuff or who`s told us ? U` know, the usual dotnet claptrap 👍

Word salad

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 21:36

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 23 Aug 20:35

"Aye, how many games has he played this season ?"

That`s an easy one - he`s not played any games. Regarding his fondness for the Pars, I`ll defer to you. I don`t really know Graeme Dorrans, so can`t comment on his love, or otherwise, for any specific club.

All I was really responding to was the contention that "Dorrans is absolutely finished as a footballer at any level". Given the last time he played, against a team at the level we`re currently at, he was the best player on the park - twice in the space of 5 days. Seeing that was just over 3 months ago, I`m not yet convinced that he is utterly finished as a footballer at any level.

👏

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 21:49

Is the hatred for Dorrans because he played for Rangers, is a rangers fan or is it because people thought he would be better than he has been? Really curious as to why he gets so much stick compared with others (Chalmers and Wighton excluded!) I admit he’s not been great, but when he’s played he has been better than what most folk have said
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 21:54

Quote:

Gaz3822, Tue 23 Aug 21:04

Word salad

Wit ??? 🔔🔚

I despair wi this site I really do

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 21:58

Quote:

gthyde, Tue 23 Aug 21:49

Is the hatred for Dorrans because he played for Rangers, is a rangers fan or is it because people thought he would be better than he has been? Really curious as to why he gets so much stick compared with others (Chalmers and Wighton excluded!) I admit he’s not been great, but when he’s played he has been better than what most folk have said

Expectation I think. When you have great expectations for someone and it doesn’t materialise and this is further compounded by the rest of the team being spineless, leading to the season we had last year, this is potentially a reason.
My disappointment with him was that he didn’t dictate or drag the team up to a better standard than we were last year. I thought he would have at least had that still in his locker.
Anyway onwards and upwards with or without Dorrans.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 22:00

"Wit ??? 🔔🔚

I despair wi this site I really do"

Good to see you doing your bit to raise the standard though.

Re Dorrans, it`s a combination of him not being as good as hoped and the perceived wisdom that he gets paid £2.5k per week - which isn`t true, but some would rather believe it was as it gives them more fuel to fire them up on the Dorrans subject.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 22:08

Flipping heck there`s no hatred towards Dorrans, the fact is he`s injured when we need him most, he was injured during last season when we needed him most. HE IS AN INJURY DISASTER ANYTIME WE`VE NEEDED HIM. I don`t care if he`s the best player at the club, or the best player we`ve ever had or played 1 or 2 great games in the past...he`s fkn unjured and always seems to be, forget him and move on with what we have got, he probably won`t play for us again.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 22:16

If we include the play-offs, he played in exactly half the league games last season.

Presumably, he wasn`t an INJURY DISASTER for all the important games - unless he was unfortunate enough to be out for the games that mattered but fit for the ones that didn`t really matter?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 22:18

Spin it all you want, we`ve not had our money`s worth right ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 22:32

Quote:

Gaz3822, Tue 23 Aug 22:18

Spin it all you want, we`ve not had our money`s worth right ?

Certainly getting value for money from you tonight

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 22:39

When he has played, he`s been markedly better than some of our supporters want to make out though - aside from the Thistle and Rangers games at the very start of the season.

That`s the issue I have. People want to make out he`s been absolutely dire, due to whatever issue they have with him, and it`s not a reflection on what he`s actually produced.

He`s not worked out as well as hoped. He`s had injury problems and when he has played, he`s not torn it up, but he`s done ok. He`s been scapegoated though, more due to the overall sh*tshow around him than anything he`s done.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Aug 23:20

Quote:

Honestly think it`s do to with the reputed wages he and Mehmit were given on 2 Yr deals. Mehmet has been great this season so he`s avoided any criticism.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 06:30

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 23 Aug 23:20

Quote:

Honestly think it`s do to with the reputed wages he and Mehmit were given on 2 Yr deals. Mehmet has been great this season so he`s avoided any criticism.

Imagine getting in a state about someone`s rumoured wage and letting that cloud over everything he does for a 2 year period. Embarrassing

Post Edited (Wed 24 Aug 06:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 09:26

Probably not liked because we were playing just fine before grant brought him in, made him captain and he waltzed into the team. Again, later in the season, we were getting on a bit of a roll, he comes back from injury and guess what - we start getting beat again. He showed a lack of fight for me (especially in his role as captain of a club in a relegation fight). Anyway, hopefully the club and him can part ways as he clearly isn’t involved anymore (no longer involved with the pre match warm up etc)

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 09:54

Quote:

jock-par, Wed 24 Aug 09:26

Probably not liked because we were playing just fine before grant brought him in, made him captain and he waltzed into the team. Again, later in the season, we were getting on a bit of a roll, he comes back from injury and guess what - we start getting beat again. He showed a lack of fight for me (especially in his role as captain of a club in a relegation fight). Anyway, hopefully the club and him can part ways as he clearly isn’t involved anymore (no longer involved with the pre match warm up etc)

We hadn`t won a single league game up until November.Dorrans came into the team and we won 2 in a row straight away.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 09:54

Quote:

jock-par, Wed 24 Aug 09:26

I don’t buy this at all. We were doing fine before Grant brought him in? Because we hammered some depleted part time teams? Go back and watch highlights from those games and/or find comments from afterwards. The defensive frailties were clear and most of us realised championship teams would punish us. We were also really lacking quality in the middle of midfield.

Also, were we really ‘on a bit of a roll’ before the playoffs? We were terrible for 80 mins v Ayr, then got a win having thrown the kitchen sink at them. But we didn’t play well and Ayr should have been out of sight before then. Then we were absolutely abysmal away to Partick and lost at home to QoS. We lost 4 of the last 6 games before the playoffs. So I really don’t understand why you seem to think we were on a roll. Or that we ‘start getting beat again’ - particularly when we drew the first leg and Ambrose was clearly at fault for the second leg capitulation, not Dorrans.

Other times he returned from injury were when Hughes came in, which coincided with our first 2 wins from the season. The other ‘return’ was when he returned from injury and scored in a 2-0 win at QoS. So I’m struggling to see when he returned from injury and it had a negative impact on the team. Just another lie being made up, to make Dorrans look a lot worse than he has been for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 09:55

Definitely a which hunt against Dorrans and I suspect it will be the same the first time Mehmet makes a mistake or chalmers has a poor game those 3 players need to be 100% at it every single game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 09:57

par-91 - far too many actual facts for this forum. Do you not have any unsubstantiated made-up bullsh1t to post?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 10:41

No question that Dorrans has been a disappointment but not to the extreme levels suggested.

My issue with him is he is clearly a jury prone and knocking on a bit so building a team round him would be a massive risk.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 12:00

Quote:

livipar2, Wed 24 Aug 10:41

No question that Dorrans has been a disappointment but not to the extreme levels suggested.

My issue with him is he is clearly a jury prone and knocking on a bit so building a team round him would be a massive risk.

That’s a lot more reasonable and it’s hard to disagree with those concerns. I wouldn’t be keen to build a team around Dorrans and I would agree that he hasn’t lived up to expectations. I’m just fed up seeing so many of our fans massively exaggerating how bad he has been and just making things up to try and ‘prove’ themselves right. He has missed a lot of football through injury, which is a concern. But hopefully he can get fit and remain fit/available for the rest of the season.

There is no way he is on the wages that are mentioned on here, but it’s safe to assume he’ll be at the upper end of our wage structure. I’ve been impressed by Benedictus as captain and hopefully he keeps the armband, so that Dorrans can just focus on playing his football when he’s fit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LMCK67  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 12:05

Mental to think that this thread is meant to be about Shaun Byrne

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jock-par  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 12:10

All I’m saying is we started the league cup campaign well without him (I take on board that it was against lower league opposition) and had some momentum playing with the younger midfielders and then he waltzes into the team for the league. I know I wouldn’t have liked that as a player and it may have had a negative impact on the team. Grant has to shoulder some of the blame. I do think dorrans slowed the game down and didn’t have the personality to be a good captain when down the league

We are Dunfermline, we're on our way back!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 12:45

That isn`t all you were saying though.

Re the League Cup, the big test in the group stage was at Paisley and we were utterly dominated once they took the lead.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 14:00

Aye, I recall we ripped the part time teams to bits, but the moment Grant came up against a full time team in St Mirren we were shocking. Terrible manager, terrible players
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 14:27

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 24 Aug 09:57

par-91 - far too many actual facts for this forum. Do you not have any unsubstantiated made-up bullsh1t to post?

😂🤣😂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 18:11

Quote:

Andrew283, Wed 24 Aug 14:00

Aye, I recall we ripped the part time teams to bits, but the moment Grant came up against a full time team in St Mirren we were shocking. Terrible manager, terrible players

Every single player was terrible?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 19:26

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 24 Aug 18:11

Quote:

Checking post.......looking for the comment where it says every player.........
Looking.......
Looking...........
.......nope......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 19:30

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Wed 24 Aug 19:26

Quote:

Quote:

Looking.......
Looking...........
.......nope......

😂😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 20:33

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Looking.......
Looking...........
.......nope......

Looking for my post where I DIDN`T ask a question......looking.......looking.......nope

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BA  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 21:01

Dorrans is a wage thief!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 22:05

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 24 Aug 20:33

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Looking.......
Looking...........
.......nope......

Looking for my post where I DIDN`T ask a question......looking.......looking.......nope

You literally put a question mark at the end of your .. well... question 🤣🤣🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 22:43

He’s done you there mate 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 23:18

I give up. You guys are another level of stupid.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 23:27

So I take it were not signing Shaun Byrne then.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Aug 23:29

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 24 Aug 23:18

😂😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 05:45

Quote:

da_no_1, Wed 24 Aug 23:18

👏👏👏🤣🤣
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net