DAFC.net
Home 30 September 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Champions League
Topic Originator: NikNakPar  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 18:16

Rangers get Liverpool in their group.

Celtic gets Madrid in theirs.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Champions League
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 18:36

Group A

Ajax, Liverpool, Napoli, Rangers

Group B

Porto, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Club Brugge

Group C

Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Viktoria Plzen

Group D

Eintracht Frankfurt, Tottenham, Sporting, Marseille

Group E

AC Milan, Chelsea, FC Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb

Group F

Real Madrid, RB Leipzig, Shakhtar Donetsk, Celtic

Group G

Manchester City, Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund, FC Copenhagen

Group H

Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Benfica, Maccabi Haifa
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: usurpar  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 19:01

That’ll be the end of that then….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 19:03

Nice wee trip to the Etihad

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 19:24

I hope I`m wrong but I fear football could well make the wrong kind of headlines, in both Liverpool and Naples, when Therangers come to town.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 19:48

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 25 Aug 19:24

I hope I`m wrong but I fear football could well make the wrong kind of headlines, in both Liverpool and Naples, when Therangers come to town.

Why would that be? when the Rangers fans were commended on their behavior in Seville

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 20:48

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 25 Aug 19:48

Quote:

Why would that be? when the Rangers fans were commended on their behavior in Seville

It wouldn’t matter if The Rangers fans were the best behaved bunch on the planet. Napoli fans take scumbaggery to a different level and they’ll cause bother in Glasgow and in Naples guaranteed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 20:49

Hope there`s not a wee bit of wishful thinking in that GG. No sign of trouble in Holland or Belgium in recent trips either.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 21:10

Quote:

Paralex, Thu 25 Aug 20:49

Hope there`s not a wee bit of wishful thinking in that GG. No sign of trouble in Holland or Belgium in recent trips either.

Not at all, Paralex. When you get two sets of combustible fans coming together, it`s not wishful thinking to fear the worst. Hopefully, the authorities will ensure a significant police presence at these venues which will deter any potential troublemakers.

Eta. Allparone has given you a wee clue, above your post.

Post Edited (Thu 25 Aug 21:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 21:33

Ah these Napoli fans GG and all of that "scumbaggery". Trust the Italians to be even worse than the bears from Govan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 21:36

Napoli fans are on a different planet to Scottish fans regards hooligans and these cowards will attack anyone, women children anyone. Liverpool Fans also have a track record in europe of extreme trouble and poor behaviour.
Napoli ultras (cowards) will cause havoc in Glasgow too, even non football fans will be targeted

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: answer  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 21:48

Quote:

Rangers fans obviously behave terribly on a regular basis but the framing of this comment is bonkers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 22:04

Can`t wait, going to be some tasty games here
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Aug 22:18

Yes Andrew, I do share your enthusiasm.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Aug 07:47

Quote:

answer, Thu 25 Aug 21:48

Quote:

Rangers fans obviously behave terribly on a regular basis but the framing of this comment is bonkers.

With a bit of forethought, I might have couched that differently - apologies to anyone who was offended by it.

I`ve never hidden my utter contempt for the club which thrived, died and now thrives again, fuelled by religious bigotry among large swathes of entitled fans. It`s quite a quantum leap to deduce from that that I secretly hope there will be crowd trouble wherever they play, in which innocent people might be hurt and property vandalised.

History has shown that Rangers fans are perfectly capable of starting trouble without provocation and they`ll almost certainly find that in Naples. Liverpool fans are no shrinking violets either and come to think of it, there were running fights among fans of Ajax and Spurs in Amsterdam, some years ago - rather surprising when you consider that both clubs have a fan base among their respective cities Jewish communities.

It`s therefore not alarmist to suggest that Rangers fans could find themselves caught up in trouble at all three away games in their group and I don`t imagine they`ll run away from it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Aug 11:33

Well for the sake of Scotland`s good reputation let`s hope your fears are unfounded GG.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 06:25

Quote:

Paralex, Fri 26 Aug 11:33

Well for the sake of Scotland`s good reputation let`s hope your fears are unfounded GG.

Absolutely, Paralex.

Love them or loathe them, you`d have to be pretty sick to hope that the fans of ANY Scottish club would misbehave when they travel abroad. Many of us remember only too well the disgraceful behaviour of some fans of English clubs and the England national team which tarnished their country`s reputation and eventually led to a European ban after Heysel in 1985.

Incidentally, when I went over to Italy during that time, I had to explain to the less enlightened that I lived in Scotland and Scottish football fans were not hooligans and were keen to distance themselves from their English counterparts. For many Europeans, "British" and "English" meant the same thing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 13:29

Have to get some Italian lessons from you GG, will be visiting Naples next May, in the aftermath of the gers visit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 17:08

Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Thu 25 Aug 19:24

Pathetic Post

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Sep 16:18

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 27 Aug 17:08

Topic Originator: GG Riva
Date: Thu 25 Aug 19:24

Pathetic Post

Rangers, Napoli and UEFA appear to be similarly fearful that the meeting of these two teams is highly likely to end in violence between the more extreme elements among both sets of fans.

Tuesday`s game at Ibrox has been put back 24 hours to allow a greater police presence. In both games between the clubs, "away fans will not be authorised." Very sensible precautions, although no doubt the more determined will somehow find a way to get into the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62869447

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sun 11 Sep 16:35

Maybe it is wishful thinking but if there was violence at these games, and the only people who get injured are people who were up for a fight, then that is fine by me. If Therangers can then be banned from European football as a result then I would consider that a success.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Sep 18:20

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Sun 11 Sep 16:35

Maybe it is wishful thinking but if there was violence at these games, and the only people who get injured are people who were up for a fight, then that is fine by me. If Therangers can then be banned from European football as a result then I would consider that a success.

People who get injured in fights often end up in hospital and are entitled to the same treatment as those injured accidentally, unfortunately. The Napoli Ultras get heavily tooled up before games and often go looking for trouble. I`m sure there will be some Rangers fans who would be only too happy to engage with them. I hope the Glasgow polis do their jobs well and keep any who do turn up well away from Ibrox.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sun 11 Sep 18:45

Good point. I will take back what I wrote and hope that Therangers get banned for another reason.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net