DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Airdrieonians
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 11:22

link to highlights

Highlights up now

Dave Mackay - Live at 1pm

Kyle Macdonald - Live at 3pm

from the ParsTV team

Post Edited (Sun 28 Aug 12:24)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Airdrieonians
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 11:41

Looking at the footage around the disallowed goal - maybe the referee reckoned that McCann had pushed into the keeper ?

Wasn`t conclusive though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 12:12

It’s the only thing I can see that would constitute a foul. Ref was very poor.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 12:21

I thought therefore was very good, apart from the disallowed goal which he clearly got wrong.

C`mon
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 12:44

Our shooting attempts in front of goal remain poor in the box I ferl we are taking one touch too many sometimes.

Overall we were the better team but in terms of clear cut chances I tgought it was about even.

I think as the season goes on we will get better but obviously we need to improve the finishing in front of goals.

We are going to be up there at the end of the season but whether we are good enough to win the league I am not sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 13:07

That chance for O`Hara early on was a striker`s dream but he completely muffed it. I think the poor finishing is maybe becoming a psychological problem now.

If the ref disallowed the goal for McCann impeding the keeper it was very harsh. The keeper doesn`t react as if he`s been fouled and it didn`t look to me as if the ref blew before the ball was in the net.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 13:17

Dave Mackay`s a very articulate guy. He was remarkably philosophical and generous towards the ref re the disallowed goal!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 14:55

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 28 Aug 13:07

That chance for O`Hara early on was a striker`s dream but he completely muffed it. I think the poor finishing is maybe becoming a psychological problem now.

If the ref disallowed the goal for McCann impeding the keeper it was very harsh. The keeper doesn`t react as if he`s been fouled and it didn`t look to me as if the ref blew before the ball was in the net.

When you see the video clip the whistle can be heard before the ball is in the net. I thought myself I heard the whistle at that time, and others around me have also confirmed they heard it too. That’s why I was a little confused when the Norrie and NW crowd got on their feet to celebrate it when they were closer than us in the main stand.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 15:16

I saw the ref blow the whistle before the goal but it`s a disgraceful decision. At 1-1 Todorov should have buried that chance he hit at the keeper too. It doesn`t seem like we have anyone that can finish with their feet at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 15:27

My new lower down seat had a perfect view of the "goal" at the time I couldn`t see any foul. After watching the highlights I still couldn`t see any foul.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 16:12

There is no foul that I can see.

We should take this up with the SFL. That ref is a 💩

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 16:26

It was noticeable that both teams were knocking corners in right on top of the keepers and trying to crowd them. I didn`t see a foul at the late `goal` neither at the game nor on the highlights but refs are always going to favour the keepers in that situation though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 16:27

Quote:

GG4, Sun 28 Aug 16:12

There is no foul that I can see.

We should take this up with the SFL. That ref is a 💩

And be laughed out of court !!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Malcolm Canmore  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 16:51

Didn’t see it as a foul but Edwards was well over the line with his throw for our goal so maybe some justice?

My dog eats meat
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 17:00

Quote:

Malcolm Canmore, Sun 28 Aug 16:51

Didn’t see it as a foul but Edwards was well over the line with his throw for our goal so maybe some justice?

I was thinking all his throw ins were possibly foul - then double checked the rules - as long as part of the foot is on the line it’s OK.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 17:09

Thought at the time that McCann had jumped into the keeper and there is a still on P&B that seems to show him leaning if not jumping into his ribs. The ref seems to be looking right at it too. Frustratingly it`s an area of McCann`s game he needs to improve in as he often gives away daft fouls.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 17:18

Quote:

Indiapar, Sun 28 Aug 12:44

Our shooting attempts in front of goal remain poor in the box I ferl we are taking one touch too many sometimes.

Overall we were the better team but in terms of clear cut chances I tgought it was about even.

I think as the season goes on we will get better but obviously we need to improve the finishing in front of goals.

We are going to be up there at the end of the season but whether we are good enough to win the league I am not sure.

This. Every shot I have seen for a while has been like a pass to their keeper. Do we have nobody who can put a bit power into a shot?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 18:59

If the ref blew before Breen shot why is the keeper scampering across to block it after the initial skirmish? I was going by the ref`s hand signal but maybe that was after he blew. Even if there was contact with McCann was it sufficient to impede the keeper in going for the ball? It looks like a cop-out by the ref.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 19:11

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 28 Aug 18:59

If the ref blew before Breen shot why is the keeper scampering across to block it after the initial skirmish? I was going by the ref`s hand signal but maybe that was after he blew. Even if there was contact with McCann was it sufficient to impede the keeper in going for the ball? It looks like a cop-out by the ref.

He definitely blew before the ball hit the net. Awful decision.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 19:31

Of course, the refereeing decision that got all the publicity yesterday was Don Robertson`s failure to show a red card, or even a second yellow, to Rangers` defender James Sands for a `last man` rugby tackle on Ross County`s Jordy Hiwala when the score was 0-0. His first yellow was for a very similar foul. No wonder visiting managers claim their teams never get big decisions at Ibrox. Even Giovanni von Bronckhorst conceded Rangers got a break there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 19:52

was clear at the game there was no foul, the footage just makes it an even worse decision.

the O`Hara and Todorov chances i think everyone would have seen enough by now to expect that from them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 20:49

Mebbe they should change the warmup as a short pass then a shot at goal doesnt seem to be working.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 23:02

I don`t think that`s a foul at all. Not sure why anyone wants to reference a still image either - generally they show absolutely nothing, and the view from behind the goal in motion shows it far better than any still can. It looks to me that McCann has actually pulled out, specifically to avoid a foul. Had no foul been given, I don`t think there would have been much argument.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 28 Aug 23:25

There was no foul there at all, just a bit of jostling in the box and Airdrie were doing most of it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 17:24

It was a foul. Best way to not get those given against you is to not do it. Can`t put your elbow in a keepers back and expect no repercussions. As someone alluded to earlier in the thread it`s such an unnecessary part of McCann`s game.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 17:43

Sounds like you`re tiny minority

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 18:30

Any contact by McCann was pretty innocuous compared with what usually goes unpunished at corners and throw-ins. Maybe he should have pulled the goalie`s hair...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 18:42

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 29 Aug 17:43

Best change my opinion to fit in with the majority then.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 21:57

I`ve watched the replay about twenty times and I`m inclined to think that Mcann moves towards where he thinks the ball`s gonna come to - the goalie is just in front of him, and as the ball comes over, the goalie adjusts his position ever so slightly.

It`s such a slight thing and over in a flash, but it looks to me, from the camera behind the goal as if the goalie bends back a little bit, into Mcann`s arm which comes up at the same time, perhaps instinctively because he senses the goalie falling back slightly towards him.

I don`t know if it should have been given as a foul or not.

If we exaggerate it and imagine the goalie is gonna fall on top of McCann, and Lewis puts his arm up, I don`t think I`d call that a foul.

It looks like the goalie fell back (or bent back) a tiny bit onto McCann`s arm.

On the other hand, you could say that by raising his arm, McCann prevented the goalie from bending back as far as he wanted to go. Is he obliged to stand with arms at his sides and let the goalie bend back on top of him?

Post Edited (Mon 29 Aug 22:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 22:10

Quote:

sonofpetrie, Mon 29 Aug 18:42

Quote:

da_no_1, Mon 29 Aug 17:43

Best change my opinion to fit in with the majority then.

If you like. Thats up to you. I was just making an observation

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 22:22

But TBF da no 1 - and. `in defence of small nations`/underdogs/ free speech/ alternative viewpoints /everyone being entitled to their opinion - what was the point of making said `observation`? 🙂

Post Edited (Mon 29 Aug 22:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 22:26

Still a wrong call.Keepers,are wrapped in cotton wool,apparently. Watched it on numerous occasions, and can see nothing wrong.

Post Edited (Mon 29 Aug 22:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 22:36

I agree that keepers do get special treatment from refs. I suppose it must be policy because it could get out of hand if there was jersey pulling, and jumping while leaning on an opponents shoulder, like outfield players do to each other and frequently get away with.

What I mean is, if outfield players knew they could get away with doing to goalies what they commonly do to each other, the goalies would be under a constant barrage.

Post Edited (Mon 29 Aug 23:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Mon 29 Aug 23:09

First and foremost, I think it is actually necessary for us to go into every game with the premise that the referee is part of the opposition we need to overcome; put another way, we need to be able to win every game despite the likely influence of the officials.

Sitting in Leys Park Rd car park listening to BBC Sportsound …. I believe it was Neil McCann was pretty much slating most Scottish referees - justifiably I think. Now I do get it, the ref at Ibrox was probably genuinely concerned about his health and welfare … being faced with showing a red card and putting Rangers down to 10 men with over an hour to play. Obviously, that was not the case down at Stamford Bridge.

But it does seem to be a systemic problem in Scottish football, that there are too many top-flight officials who simply can’t do the job without indulging in the practice of actually influencing the outcome of the game. Of course decisions made by the ref will obviously influence the game, but we all know that the OF get every 50:50 decision, most 40:60s, far too many 30:70s and as evidenced at Ibrox, visiting teams can’t even expect to get a stonewall, 100% obvious decision in their favour.

As McCann pointed out, these guys are paid very well for their role, but there simply is not any serious consequences for these guys if they persist in decisions/behaviour that is clearly flawed. Yes, they’ll get dropped a league or two for a few weeks …. But as there is such a shortage of top-flight officials, they will be back and they will happily continue to indulge their own prejudices.

Thought the ref on Saturday wasn’t too bad, but I noticed he overruled the linesman in front of the NW stand who initially pointed to a corner for a ball that actually hit the corner-flag, but ref gave a throw-in ….. linesman then changed his signal to match the ref. He was also quick to penalise our players for pushing and shoving, but which he was quite happy to ignore when perpetrated by Airdrie. Clearly he wasn’t interested in taking into consideration what the other officials might have seen. As for the disallowed goal, only he really knows what his motivation was in making the call ….. if it had been at the other end? I suspect we would still be nursing our wounds.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 07:51

When I think back to the goal that was given against us at Hamilton last season, I`m struggling to understand how the incident on Saturday was a foul on the keeper and the other wasn`t.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 07:59

Quote:

Kaiser Chief, Tue 30 Aug 07:51

When I think back to the goal that was given against us at Hamilton last season, I`m struggling to understand how the incident on Saturday was a foul on the keeper and the other wasn`t.

There’s the common response that people use “these things even themselves out” but over the last couple of years, I’m struggling to think of dodgy decisions going our way, particularly such crucial/influential ones.

The Dorrans ‘handball’ at Hamilton, the clear foul on Stolarczyk in the other game at Hamilton, our disallowed goal on Saturday. They’re not even that debatable, if we’re being honest. I think the vast majority of people who have seen any of these incidents would agree that they were all the wrong decision. We must be long overdue some horrendous decisions in our favour.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 09:37

I couldn`t go on Saturday and have just got round to watching the highlights - that is never a foul in a million years. Terrible decision.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 09:41

I`m sure fans tend to remember refereeing decisions that go against their teams rather than those that go in their favour but I`m struggling to remember any game-changing ones that benefited us in recent years. No doubt someone will be able to jog my memory.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 10:07

I mean - I have to go back to the early 90s for a howler than benefitted us. Given a late penalty in a semi-final because the ball hit Jimmy Sandison`s chest outside the box...

"These things even themselves out over time` is used for two reasons.

1. For teams who have been beneficiaries of bad decisions to justify that they `deserve` the bad call.

2. For teams who have been the victims of bad decisions to set they expectation that they`ll be expecting some dubious ones in their favour shortly....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 10:47

Just watched James Sands the Rangers defender, who`d been booked minutes before for dragging the Ross County striker to the ground, drag the Ross county striker to the ground & not be booked.

Rangers, including James Sands who didn`t get sent off as he only got booked once for committing the exact same offence twice, won 4-0.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 11:36

The rules have never applied to Rangers, or indeed the previous club called Rangers.

I remember Craig Levein, when he was United manager, really digging his heels in after United were on the receiving end of some standard Ibrox refereeing. He gained a lot of respect for me when he did that,

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 11:43

Good grief - I`ve just watched the Sands video. That`s an absolutely bowfin` call. Hard to see that as a `innocent mistake` from Robertson. Can the `compliance officer` look at that one, or is that a thing of the past now?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 11:49

That decision needs investigation & explaining to the fans of both clubs.

Surely no right-minded (!) Rangers fan could have argued if that guy was given a straight red card.

Ross County were cheated, pure & simple.

Now wonder fans are disillusioned with Scottish football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 08:16

Quote:

Bandy, Tue 30 Aug 11:43

Good grief - I`ve just watched the Sands video. That`s an absolutely bowfin` call. Hard to see that as a `innocent mistake` from Robertson. Can the `compliance officer` look at that one, or is that a thing of the past now?

A neighbour of mine, who`s a Celtic fan, suggested that the ref couldn`t send Sands off because he`d miss this week`s Glasgow derby, but he`s just another conspiracy theorist, of course. 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net