DAFC.net
Home 02 December 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Scott Parker Sacked
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 09:06

As Bournemouth manager after four games. Three defeats by Liverpool, Arsenal and City and they won the other against Villa. Seems a wee bit harsh unless there is stuff going on behind the scenes even with the 9 0 scudding.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scott Parker Sacked
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 10:19

more behind the scenes.

Owners happy to be growing things sustainably whilst Parker wants millions for transfers to "have a go" now

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 10:39

I like Parker but it sounded as though he had chucked the towel in already after the Liverpool game.Granted not the best time to be interviewed but I found some of his comments strange.Maybe he was directing them at the board but not going to fill either the fans or players with confidence.
Can`t really blame the Bournemouth board either.They are probably reluctant to splash out again after Eddie Howe spent quarter of a billion and got them relegated?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 10:40

I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. The guy at Southampton has survived two 9-0 defeats and never got relegated. Relegation is the big fear a club like Bournemouth will have, and he been relegated before with Fulham so i guess i can see that may worry them. Having said that, played 3 of the 4 big teams, and the one game they would fancy themselves in they did win. I would have thought maybe give him the next two, Wolves H and Forest A. Maybe if bad results continue sack him then, but nothing to rule out getting decent points from those two games

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 16:42

I could not imagine trying to give an interview after losing 9-0 in a top league. I`m sure that Parker had been telling his bosses that he needed reinforcements, he wasn`t getting them and he was frustrated after the game. He did very well getting the Cherries up last season. Hard to believe that board would sack him on results so far, given that team lost only to 3 of top 4 teams presently in league.

If he believed that the Cherries were ill-equipped to play in the top league, maybe he`s not too unhappy being out of this job because he certainly will be considered for other positions.

Without Parker, I can`t see the Cherries staying up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 09:12

It was evident before a ball was kicked that they would struggle. They have adopted the same policy as Norwich - spending very little, in comparison to their rivals and I`m fairly sure Parker told the board that, in private?

His interview was a bit of brinkmanship and I`m sure he knew that the outcome would be either a flurry of late signings or him getting the sack. Sadly, or not, it turned out to be the latter.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Aug 09:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 09:33

Were the same owners in charge when he took the job? Presumably they appointed him with a view to achieving promotion. Wouldn`t he have asked them then what their recruitment policy was likely to be if they got back to the Premiership?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 09:44

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 31 Aug 09:33

Were the same owners in charge when he took the job? Presumably they appointed him with a view to achieving promotion. Wouldn`t he have asked them then what their recruitment policy was likely to be if they got back to the Premiership?

"Talk is cheap", as some Americans like to say, wee eck.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Thu 1 Sep 21:53

Brendan Rodgers will be next for the chop. Bottom of Premiership with 1 point from 5 games!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Thu 1 Sep 22:00

Maybe a toss up between Rogers and Gerrard. Serves them both right for turning their backs on Scotland.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 1 Sep 22:12

Quote:

Paralex, Thu 1 Sep 22:00

Maybe a toss up between Rogers and Gerrard. Serves them both right for turning their backs on Scotland.

How on earth did they turn their back on Scotland?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 01:22

Aw no here we go again. Been there done it many times over
No desire to recover old ground. Happy days are here again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 06:57

I was just asking you a question. Is there some sort of problem?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Fri 02 Sep 06:57)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 07:08

Houston , HOUSTON ! .
We have a problem .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 08:27

Since Rodgers took the job only Klop and Pep have picked up more league points so I think that might buy him some time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 09:23

Rodgers going down the Parker route last night as well.

[Quote]

“This isn’t the club that it was two years ago. That’s the reality… We haven’t brought any new players in, bar one late on, in the last two windows and that’s a replacement."

`Shots fired` as they say.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Fri 02 Sep 09:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 09:55

That might not help to be fair!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 14:28

There`s still time for Leicester and Aston Villa to get free from the relegation zone. There are enough average teams in the league to give both some hope of escape. As long as the owners register the fact that neither are going to be challenging for European spots. Changing managers is only likely to make things worse as Norwich found out last year.

If Arsenal had a knee jerk reaction this time last year, they would have sacked Michel Arteta.

Post Edited (Fri 02 Sep 18:11)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net