DAFC.net
Home 30 November 2022 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Jack Ross Sacked
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 10:32

Sacked after 10 games, who would be a manager lol

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Jack Ross Sacked
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 10:41

Not won a game and humped 7-0 and 9-0. We should have done the same last season with that buffoon Grant, but then again our previous regime would have just hired another dud.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 10:43

His run of bad results felt untenable, a bit like Stephen Kenny`s run starting with and after the 0-5 v Hamilton. A question of when not if.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 11:26

I feel sorry for Jack Ross - he seems to be a good guy and football is a terribly unforgiving business.
That said, I really felt Peter Grant was a charlatan and was glad to see him out of my club. A lot of Arabs will feel the same about Jack Ross !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 11:38

O’ Neill must be getting sniffed out surely?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 13:12

Quote:

General Zod, Tue 30 Aug 11:38

O’ Neill must be getting sniffed out surely?

Did he not demand a ridiculous salary from the SFA to take the Scotland job?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 14:58

I`d imagine the SFA would say paying anyone some form of wage is ridiculous, the scaffy tight-fisted roasters.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 30 Aug 16:22

Quote:

General Zod, Tue 30 Aug 14:58

I`d imagine the SFA would say paying anyone some form of wage is ridiculous, the scaffy tight-fisted roasters.

😂🤣😂

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 09:44

Billy Brown (ex-Assistant Manager at Hearts), who is chairman of the League Managers` Association was interviewed on Radio Scotland this morning about Ross`s sacking. Of course he said that he had not been given enough time but that this was the norm now. He pointed out that some of the quickest sackings recently had happened at clubs with American owners - Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United. He didn`t get the chance to develop the point but is this the culture in American sports where instant success is demanded with little regard to the medium to long term?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 10:34

Quite a few foreign owners in Scotland now. Still can’t understand why. There is no money to be made here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: USMac  
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 17:31

Eck, I don`t see managers of sports teams in the USA getting fired more quickly. I can`t remember ever seeing a manager getting fired so quickly here, regardless of type of sport.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 18:07

Interesting, Mac. It was just a shot in the dark.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 19:25

Unusual to be sacked so quickly, but they were getting a real doing every game since the AZ mess, sadly for him couldn`t see any way of turning it around, I guess the owners had to make the call.

Jack Ross should never have been sacked by Hibs (replaced by a coach with no experience of management, in turn sacked) and arguably shouldn`t have been sacked at Sunderland - it`s not easy to turn round a sinking ship. But he was.

It will be difficult to get his next job, simply because of the nature and sequence of results. I genuinely can`t remember such a series in a short time- even E Stirling, and Berwick when they were in free fall.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 31 Aug 23:06

American owners are very intolerant. If they see a sign of weakness, they will make you feel uncomfortable. I have a relative, who worked, for a massive American insurance company,and they are a nightmare. Don`t dare go sick,because they see that as a sign of weakness.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 1 Sep 07:39

Most American financial services companies will cull their bottom x percent of performers every year…

I know that folk in our American office hardly ever take their holidays for fear of being in that bottom section, or not getting the gig back because the person covering them is doing a good job and will just keep it
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net